Alternate Races - ideas and lore

You know what I want? A catgirl race, not like, furry one, more like an anime style catgirl race, cat ears, cat tail, ..possibly as attachments or something, or the tail bone working like it does in skyrim so that outfits don't replace the tail.

I second this idea. a Very human looking cat girl race. maybe female only and they must breed with humans. 

I have never seen a "furry" translate well into a bethesda game. I dislike just planting an animal head on a human body.

But for alternate races we have the radiation mythos to work with. mutants can be everywhere. This being Lovers Lane, most mutants need to look human enough to be sexy. The hideous ones can feed off of radiation and stay in their rad zones.

for non-human looking mutants, maybe an antihuman army (like Planet of the Apes) competing with humans for the livable areas. They would attack and take over towns and colonies, making slaves of the surviving humans.

Still the sexy races can make for interesting adventures, like screw the all mutants, make slaves of mutants and sell them to human overlords. get mutant followers/harems. get a mutant girlfriend when a chieftain rewards you with his daughter.

Argonians for FO4 if only so my skyrim and fallout characters meet and wonder wtf :P

In all seriousness, unless you fluff stuff for stuff like furry races as rare radiation mutation or FEV, making canon races playable is probably a better idea, or going towards synthetic stuff like the ARES androids and stuff like that.

Though considering I am a fan of Deathclaw Desu Ga, making a deathclaw hybrid would be an amusing idea.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25162/?

Female Half Super Mutant race.

"Half" because they don't become genderless while retaining some characteristics (bigger and stronger).

I was actually contacted by darklynxxx about making this playable a couple of weeks ago. I have the mod's files, so as soon as I clear some time, I'll look into making it playable. I "might" be able to do something with it this weekend, assuming I can wrap up a few things in a couple of my mods by then. If not, next weekend should be doable for sure.

Trykz

"Half" because they don't become genderless while retaining some characteristics (bigger and stronger).

I was actually contacted by darklynxxx about making this playable a couple of weeks ago. I have the mod's files, so as soon as I clear some time, I'll look into making it playable. I "might" be able to do something with it this weekend, assuming I can wrap up a few things in a couple of my mods by then. If not, next weekend should be doable for sure.

Trykz

Oooooh very interesting :D

• 2 months later...

Trykz

I look forward to seeing this happen !

Raider wouldn't really be a race. They're just humans. You can elect to become a raider, you'd just need a mod that makes them friendly to you, or you could add yourself to the raider faction. There's also Nuka World, which lets you control three unique raider gangs.

Synths are iffy. Gen 1s are just the Terminator-like skeleton frames; while it'd be nifty, it's not a truly erotic concept. Gen 2s are the mannequin-looking ones who apparently look frayed and exposed over time, like Nick and Dima, so you'd have some decayed robot thing going there, unless you want a living mannequin. Gen 3s are indistinguishable from humans, so you can still just play off your character as one of them normally.

Ghouls creep me out, personally, and given their leprous look, they'd be too withered to truly give an erotic appeal, unless you like that sort of thing. Like necrophilia, but they're still alive. Feral ones could have curious "bloating", but they'd still look a bit gnarly with loose skin and whatnot.

Super mutants, I'd actually like to see. However, it is implied, I believe, that some of them are women; the FEV strain influenced them all in a homogeneous manner. Still, making a female variant of the model with giant tits and asses would be curiously erotic; they'd still be a bit ugly in face and whatnot, but no one can deny the fun of chounyuu tiddies and booties.

Aliens are eh. The only ones we see is just based on the old LGMs, who aren't too appealing. You'd just end up with a homogeneous race of beings like Crypto from the Destroy All Humans games.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, fakeaccount20176 said:

just so you know - deathclaw girls are a thing now https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28313?

Okay, I have to say that genuinelly brings me one step closer to getting the game for PC.

Already played it in console: unlike New Vegas, plot is not worth it (aka absolute crap), and playing as a hooman for the sake of playing is boring AF; but if there's non-human humanoids involved, specially deathclaws (even if they are not as good-looking as I would like them to be), then that makes a difference.

Shame it's a NPC only and it's not a functional playable race, though. I guess I'll still have to wait either for someone to make that properly playable or for the FO4 Vulpine Race to be released, but I don't see any of the two things happening anytime soon. Oh, well.

On 7/6/2017 at 6:49 AM, Kelinas said:

Argonians for FO4 if only so my skyrim and fallout characters meet and wonder wtf :P

In all seriousness, unless you fluff stuff for stuff like furry races as rare radiation mutation or FEV, making canon races playable is probably a better idea, or going towards synthetic stuff like the ARES androids and stuff like that.

Though considering I am a fan of Deathclaw Desu Ga, making a deathclaw hybrid would be an amusing idea.

There's already precedent for intelligent deathclaws in the fallout universe. You could slot in argonians and have the back story of "survivors of the intelligent death claw clan from vault 13 (fallout 2.) sought out and modified FEV to push them away from their deathclaw lineage and this was what they were able to achieve.". Hell, if you read the fallout bibles, there's cut content from fallout 2 regarding very large (about twice the size of the normal variety.), human level intelligence racoons. A little copy and pasting and you do it again.

I happened to be looking through some Skyrim mods the other day, despite never having played the game before...and I came across this fantastic Twi'lek player race mod. Now I can't get it out of my head and want nothing more than for the mod to be a thing in Fallout 4. 

I have basic knowledge of the F4CK and if I could get the mod author's permission, I'd love to port the mod from Skyrim to Fallout 4. Though...I also have no idea if that's something simple or a massive undertaking. I'm a huge Star Wars nerd and am just dying to be able to roam the Commonwealth as a Twi'lek.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 12:57 AM, HighTide said:

I know it's not likely to happen, but I've wanted to get a fallout experience a bit closer to Star wars, maybe play as one of their races like the iconic Twi'lek

This a million times...still hoping for Star Wars race mods to happen in Fallout 4.

All I have right now is this...and I wouldn't even have it without the help of a few other modders.

Screenshot (26).png

Edit: tmw you just realized you replied to a 7 month old comment lol

• 2 months later...