Alternate Races - ideas and lore

When I saw the Synths at the institute it was rather a surprised, considering what I remember from FO3 when one of your quest was tracking down a rogue android. I was honestly expecting their to be a lot more mechanical parts, if you remember Dr. Zimmer gives the play a little module on finding Harkness that boosts the players reflexes (called Wired reflexes) - proving that Harkness had a least some mechanical parts. FO4 'synth' aren't what I expected.

(I won't mention much as it's a spoiler - How do you add a spoiler hide/reveal?)

Introducing different races that started off as synth might be easier than I thought. But I can't help but think WTF?! How did they advance that far in the Fallout universe?!

You put in a spoiler show/hide function by using ["spoiler"] in the beginning of what you want to hide and ending it with [/"spoiler"] (remove the quotation marks.)

["spoiler"] This is a spoiler [/"spoiler"]

This is a spoiler

or

["spoiler"]

This is a spoiler

[/"spoiler"]

This is a spoiler

which ever way you prefer to format it.

Cheers for that!

When I saw the Synths at the institute it was rather a surprised, considering what I remember from FO3 when one of your quest was tracking down a rogue android. I was honestly expecting their to be a lot more mechanical parts, if you remember Dr. Zimmer gives the play a little module on finding Harkness that boosts the players reflexes (called Wired reflexes) - proving that Harkness had a least some mechanical parts. FO4 'synth' aren't what I expected.

(I won't mention much as it's a spoiler - How do you add a spoiler hide/reveal?)

Introducing different races that started off as synth might be easier than I thought. But I can't help but think WTF?! How did they advance that far in the Fallout universe?!

You put in a spoiler show/hide function by using ["spoiler"] in the beginning of what you want to hide and ending it with [/"spoiler"] (remove the quotation marks.)

This is a spoiler

or

["spoiler"]

This is a spoiler

[/"spoiler"]

This is a spoiler

Cheers for that!

Anytime. :)

Gen3 is acturally human with some parts in their brain

So what we need is some mod towards those Gen2 synths who have bodies like machine

how to fit other races into lore?

my first thought was, we dont need other races, we have synths!

some random instutute: "lets make a catgirl synth!"

And they created one, or two, or a hundred!

or a furry, or what ever we want.

no problem on how to create a uber cute catgirl or anything that matters.

they were able to create gorillas without any gorillas around to copy or study, so whats there to say they cant create a new species? they essentialy created a new gorilla-like species, they only had details from books and couldnt copy a live gorilla.

We've seen FEV turn humasn into supermutants and one guy into a giant amoeba (FO1).  We've had radiation turn swattable insects into man-eating behemoths and normal people ino ghastly ghouls.  We've seen robots and aliens.  We seen two headed cows & deer.  We've seen cats go from extinct (FO2) to magically alive again (FO4).  And we've seen little gecko lizards turn into ten-foot tall demons from hell.

At this point a few "furry" type anthromorphs really wouldn't make any of us bat an eyelash.  Oh, your dog started walking upright and talking?  That's nice.  Wake me when something weird happens.

I think Alien race could be an interesting option. Crashed on this shitty planet and the main plot could be rebuilding your own spaceship + maybe kidnap some specimen for studies/space petting zoo.

And some Forever Young race like the people from Cabbots house that relays on chems to be beautiful. If you don't take your daily dose your stats go down.

We've seen FEV turn humasn into supermutants and one guy into a giant amoeba (FO1). We've had radiation turn swattable insects into man-eating behemoths and normal people ino ghastly ghouls. We've seen robots and aliens. We seen two headed cows & deer. We've seen cats go from extinct (FO2) to magically alive again (FO4). And we've seen little gecko lizards turn into ten-foot tall demons from hell.

At this point a few "furry" type anthromorphs really wouldn't make any of us bat an eyelash. Oh, your dog started walking upright and talking? That's nice. Wake me when something weird happens.

Good point. To me, FO3 was agreeable, FNV - still okay,

but with FO4 Beth just took a massive, sloppy $--te on the established lore, so it should be pretty easy to slip in furries and sexy mutant babes. I vehemently oppose the changes made to ghouls, so it got me pretty down when modders started making zombie textures and dubbed them "improved" or "fixed" ghoul textures. And one more thing: how do you remain conscious and in control after having a limb blown off? Ferals still have human bodies, and even with absolute pain ignorance, such loss of blood would quickly bring about a fatal shock state, not to mention that hydraulic shocks from high caliber gunfire would rip apart many of the smaller veins in the core of the body.

This is a spoiler

or

["spoiler"]

This is a spoiler

[/"spoiler"]

This is a spoiler

Cheers for that!

Anytime. :)

Why can't the stupid button just come back?...

I think using the base starting position would be fine for lore purposes.

Let's be fair, there are hundreds of undiscovered vaults in the wastes, all with their own stories, and possible fucked up experiments? If I were a seedy shadow government then I'd pay a corruptible company like 'vault tech' to experiment on people to create suitable shock soldiers. Genetic manipulation wouldn't be above their skills. Just look at the Gary's from vault 108.

The cryogenic freezers could be essentially artificial wombs for growing human/animal hybrids. Or for any other species, the same sort of start could work. Experimental FEV patient, resulting in a smarter then average super mutant. Storage container for a prototype synth. Radiation bath for some hapless dweller resulting on a ghoul. The choices are endless.

End of the day, vaults can be twisted to whatever you want. It'll just involve some clever tweaking of the contents of the vault to resemble the back story of the new character.

It's just a shame how hard it'll be to script a character with essentially no background. I think it'll fuck up the interactions with npcs too much to make it at all immersive.

I would like Khajiit race from Skyrim, with lioness head of mod Catlike Khajiit.   :D

For CBBE body can be used texture of Skyrim . It would be enough just edit mesh head.

Wow not bad!

This my version of an anthro race: 477120-1449674745.jpg

Problem is that I need A: tail | B: Pair of ears or maybe elf ears. | C: GECK.

Face was made by blugail, and inspired me to work on the body.

For New races someone could establish a quest mod that sort of points towards the mechanics.  Example you could have a quest entry where the player travels to a cool underground research facility and some terrible radioactive atrocity happens....  At which point a dialogue hub comes up where you can select from a few conversation options to determine what ended up happening to you resulting in different races.  I know it seems like a lot of work but if someone created it in a method that was easily expandable for future races it could work pretty well to fill that gap.  

I wouldnt be too worried about the "looksmenu", in its current state it is such an atrocity that I would be shocked if someone wasn't working on figuring out how to convert racemenu at this very moment.  Im sure that requires an "FO4SE" but oh wait.  f4se.silverlock.org its continues to terrify me how far this game has been modded in less then 2 months. 

I know they aren't terribly popular anymore, but how about some Blue Aliens Cats aka The Na'vi?

Thats a cool idea would be neat to see what someone can do with the new PBR textures uv maps and so forth you could have freaking glowing blue alien cats if you wanted to id imagine.

• 3 weeks later...

Synth Elf.   Same rogue engineers that made all the strippers and hookers. One of them liked Elves.

:)

Once you can make human looking/sounding synths/androids, you know every fantasy type humanoid is going to be built

somewhere, somehow, by someone.

(I'm thinking Bast from the Council War series by John Ringo.  She'd certainly make one helluva companion at least)

heh.