Caliente announced...

XunAmarox

Hello All,

I seem to be having an issue getting this mod to work in game. I was going through my local files and have noticed that my "Fallout4Prefs.ini" file is located within it's own folder Called Fallout4 within the entire Fallout 4 sub directory, and it does not have a [Launcher] category within the file as http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54626-fallout-4-modding-mini-guide/claims it should.

In addition to this anomaly, I do not have a "Fallout4Custom.ini" file anywhere at all, just a "Fallout4_Default.ini". I can only imagine this was due to the recent round of updates, so I decided to go ahead an add the lines suggested in the previously mentioned thread to the files listed above. Nothing is happening at all, and I'm not new to modding..I manually modded the hell out of Skyrim for the longest time before getting NMM. 

I was wondering, can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue? There has to be something I'm missing.

Misc Info:

1.) OS - Win10

2.) Platform - Steam App

3.) Char - Using character created prior to recent update, (do I need to reroll, enter character customization?)

4.) No characters at all are currently working with the mod, npc or pc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Fallout4custom.ini should be in C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

Hello All,

I seem to be having an issue getting this mod to work in game. I was going through my local files and have noticed that my "Fallout4Prefs.ini" file is located within it's own folder Called Fallout4 within the entire Fallout 4 sub directory, and it does not have a [Launcher] category within the file as http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54626-fallout-4-modding-mini-guide/claims it should.

In addition to this anomaly, I do not have a "Fallout4Custom.ini" file anywhere at all, just a "Fallout4_Default.ini". I can only imagine this was due to the recent round of updates, so I decided to go ahead an add the lines suggested in the previously mentioned thread to the files listed above. Nothing is happening at all, and I'm not new to modding..I manually modded the hell out of Skyrim for the longest time before getting NMM. 

I was wondering, can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue? There has to be something I'm missing.

Misc Info:

1.) OS - Win10

2.) Platform - Steam App

3.) Char - Using character created prior to recent update, (do I need to reroll, enter character customization?)

Fallout4custom.ini should be in C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

Looks like i need to run a repair then...

Edit: Apparently I can't read properly to save my life...was modding the wrong files/folders. I managed to revert my changes and everything is good. Thank you sir.

Any info if there's gonna be a slider that lets us adjust the dent between the boob and the collarbone to be a more smooth transition, or more of a straight line?

(well not straight, still a bit curved inwards, but more resembling of a straight line)

7jp8qmD.png

Have you tried the "top slope" slider yet? Don't forget that you can also type in negative slider values (but be careful with those, plus for outfit conversions this can't be checked for clipping).

I felt the same way, that's why I had suggested that slider to Caliente.

Yes I have, it doesn't affect the area higher than the place where the dot is on the screenshot.

Are you the one that did the Daisy Nukes mod and the other skimpy harness mods on the nexus or is that someone else?..

I'm currently using those mods and the body underneath the outfits looks ugly because it uses the vanilla body mesh underneath the armor. :-/

Calyps did the Daisy Nukes and harness mods. A passing similarity, but only at first. :P

Since people are apparently already getting armor models in-game, is there a tutorial or short explanation somewhere of what to do? Like how to export from blender and import to Nifskope, and the important settings and flags in nifskope?

I'm developing an itch...and I don't think ointment from some trader up from Quincy is gonna help...

the workflow is insane tbh. No tutorials, just trial and error and you will need to compile some code yourself. I suggest waiting till all the tools are out ;)

Are you the one that did the Daisy Nukes mod and the other skimpy harness mods on the nexus or is that someone else?..

I'm currently using those mods and the body underneath the outfits looks ugly because it uses the vanilla body mesh underneath the armor. :-/

Calyps did the Daisy Nukes and harness mods. A passing similarity, but only at first. :P

Since people are apparently already getting armor models in-game, is there a tutorial or short explanation somewhere of what to do? Like how to export from blender and import to Nifskope, and the important settings and flags in nifskope?

I'm developing an itch...and I don't think ointment from some trader up from Quincy is gonna help...

the workflow is insane tbh. No tutorials, just trial and error and you will need to compile some code yourself. I suggest waiting till all the tools are out ;)

Yeah I was looking through some of it too, and I have no idea what's what. Personal choice, wait patiently for outfit studio XD

Thanks again everyone.   :)

Want to mention that while I think I'm seeing all questions being answered, if you're having a problem or have a question that's not being answered, feel free to PM me here or on nexus and I'll try to answer it.  Tough to keep track of a busy thread while trying to work on the mod :)

On UVs:  it's actually less work to convert all the outfits (to a basic non-slider state) than to repaint a decent set of body textures. :)  OS does a pretty good job and only takes a few minutes per outfit.  The base body shape is slightly thinner and curvier than the vanilla one but the outfits naturally fit fairly well even without conforming. :)   

On texture:  the only viable format I found for body textures is DXT1.  Photoshop will export a BGR 8.8.8 with the texture tool plugin from nvidia but that file ends up nearly 100mb.  The trick with DXT1 is to make sure your source texture is 16 bit per color channel in photoshop.  There's still some artifacting after saving but it's MUCH better.  This same thing also reduces artifacts for other formats as well, though the color textures is the worst offender in fallout.

What did you think of my suggestion (page 19) surely it would be an easy way to achieve any look on the breasts.

Well there is the gravity issue as well though idk how you can fix that one.

Sorry I meant to reply sooner:)  I'm making a few new sliders that will make an appearance in an update to come.  A sternum height slider is possible (would raise/lower the inner side of the breasts).  I've already made a waist height slider which works well, and a new butt shape that nobody asked for but I think looks a bit better.  I'm also thinking of a new chest size slider, maybe two (width/depth).   The challenge for all of these is to make them actually work well enough with other sliders that you're not locked into just that one shape when using it.

The SSH slider was combined with SH to reduce the number of "just plain huge" sliders. I'd rather get a more general breast shape improvement in place ... the goal is to provide the shape without the need to drastically increase the size.   :)  So, I'm working on making that currently...  getting the right shape is currently eluding me, but hopefully I'll get it, and you'll like it.  

The best way to get fantasy breast I think is borrow the managa_body of skyrim

I always use this shape as a basement and add other features

Thank you  Caliente for making this available!

Does anyone yet know how to get companions naked ? Their base clothing disappears from their inventory when equipped. I can replace it but not totally remove everything. There's a mod that uses summer shorts as a nude armor, but that just gives Piper the synth-chest ,single nipple, radiation freak look for me.

I suppose we'll have to wait for the early bugs to get smashed. I tried the Alpha yesterday and it looks terrific - most notably the character now has feet instead of bricks :)

Unfortunately it screws up npc maps, if I loot a raider the texture looks completely off.

So I went back to vanilla for now. Can't wait for it to hit 1.0 status :)

Hello all, I'm fairly new to pc modding and what not. And I'm completely lost when it comes to this bodyslide thing. Help pls like? Like I want to make more curves.. And where does the body I make end up on the weight triangle, in the middle? I kinda wanted to mess around with the toned muscley body (lol) I like the toned body, But I have no idea what I'm doing. 

Soulshine, I'm not sure about the single nipple radiation freak thing (sounds like some kind of texture error if i had to guess I'm no modder) but the best way to get companions and settlers naked that I've found is this 4 step process

1. equip follower with clothing that cannot be worn simultaneously with armor (ex spike armor or just about any dress although the dress will not take up the slots for arm armor so use leg or chest)

2. Take the clothing the companion had on before you gave them the new outfit

3. make them equip a conflicting piece of armor then take the clothing you gave them in step one

4. take the armor piece that you gave them for maximum exposure

Hope that helped with the clothing thing! Hope you can get that texture issue sorted out.

Soulshine, I'm not sure about the single nipple radiation freak thing (sounds like some kind of texture error if i had to guess I'm no modder) but the best way to get companions and settlers naked that I've found is this 4 step process

1. equip follower with clothing that cannot be worn simultaneously with armor (ex spike armor or just about any dress although the dress will not take up the slots for arm armor so use leg or chest)

2. Take the clothing the companion had on before you gave them the new outfit

3. make them equip a conflicting piece of armor then take the clothing you gave them in step one

4. take the armor piece that you gave them for maximum exposure

Hope that helped with the clothing thing! Hope you can get that texture issue sorted out.

Thanks...sounds like that would work. I'll give it a go.

Wait, has cbbe already been released for fo4? Where is the download for it?

Page 7 :)

Wow I wish I had been paying closer attention to this thread now, thanks  :D

The OP should be updated with this information, would make it a lot easier for people to find it without having to ask.

Thank you  Caliente for making this available!

Does anyone yet know how to get companions naked ? Their base clothing disappears from their inventory when equipped. I can replace it but not totally remove everything. There's a mod that uses summer shorts as a nude armor, but that just gives Piper the synth-chest ,single nipple, radiation freak look for me.

Open the console, click the NPC of your choice so that their personal ID is displayed and then type unequipall in the command line. After that you're free to re-equip items to your liking. Be aware that certain NPC's, most notably those in seats, make it difficult to attain their personal ID, so usually you want them standing.

Hello all, I'm fairly new to pc modding and what not. And I'm completely lost when it comes to this bodyslide thing. Help pls like? Like I want to make more curves.. And where does the body I make end up on the weight triangle, in the middle? I kinda wanted to mess around with the toned muscley body (lol) I like the toned body, But I have no idea what I'm doing. 

When you open up Bodyslide, you can check what it looks like with the Preview button on the bottom of the program.

Vanilla0 shows the body when it looks like on the thin end of the triangle. Vanilla1 shows the body in terms of the muscular end of the triangle. VanillaFO4 is showing what the body looks like at the extreme end of the overweight scale.

To make your body have more curves, change the slides on the Hips and Torso. That's probably the best way to experiment. And honestly, just experiment with the sliders and check whenever you can.

Good luck.

EDIT: Soulshine, you can actually just use the boots from the Daisy Dukes' mod as well if you have it. I do that with all the females since some of them have problems with feet seams.

The problem is that this CBBE is just an alpha, a work designed to see if it does work. Once they've nailed the issues, then we will see the outfits being fitted to said bodies soon.

When you open up Bodyslide, you can check what it looks like with the Preview button on the bottom of the program.

Vanilla0 shows the body when it looks like on the thin end of the triangle. Vanilla1 shows the body in terms of the muscular end of the triangle. VanillaFO4 is showing what the body looks like at the extreme end of the overweight scale.

That's good to know; why are they named that, though? It would have been much clearer if they were simply named 'Vanilla_Thin", "Vanilla_Muscular", & "Vanilla_Overweight", or the like.

Hello All,

Misc Info:

1.) OS - Win10

2.) Platform - Steam App

Do not edit the ini files in your installation folder.

Go to C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\My Games\Fallout4

*Edit: Seems like I forgot to refresh the page before replying. Had the page sitting on my browser for a good long time there. :P

So... I was messing around with body textures and renaming and such after noticing all the textures I tried looked all Picasso... So I renamed some cbbe body stuff from Skyrim and bodyslide loved them, but alas fo4 didn't... 

I believe this is either because the skeleton in FO4 is different from Skyrim and/or the base mesh is different from Skyrim's. The skins from Skyrim CBBE don't fit on the FO4 version of CBBE.

So... I was messing around with body textures and renaming and such after noticing all the textures I tried looked all Picasso... So I renamed some cbbe body stuff from Skyrim and bodyslide loved them, but alas fo4 didn't... 

I believe this is either because the skeleton in FO4 is different from Skyrim and/or the base mesh is different from Skyrim's. The skins from Skyrim CBBE don't fit on the FO4 version of CBBE.

Had to try. :P

Anyways, got some horrible discoloration on the neck and a split discoloration half and half on the head. So weird. (This was before the renaming thing) xD

Edit - I'll just uninstall everything, delete the textures folder and start over.

Had to try. :P

Anyways, got some horrible discoloration on the neck and a split discoloration half and half on the head. So weird. (This was before the renaming thing) xD

Edit - I'll just uninstall everything, delete the textures folder and start over.

Texture format for the Normal map and Spec map are different between Skyrim and FO4.

If you use Photoshop you will probably need to install the Intel Plugin ( http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1045/?).

If you use Gimp you will need to save as an ATI2n (BC5) compression formated DDS file type (vs dxt1, dxt5, or r8g8b8 compression) google it to get a better idea.

Sadly I can't find a plugin for Paint.net (which is the paint program I prefer for Skyrim use).

Or just look at this post http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54741-tutorial-how-to-edit-normal-spec-maps-for-fallout-4/it goes into some detail on what to do...

1. Release will be when we have the most important issues ironed out and the vanilla outfits converted, so that the UV/clipping issues are gone. They will have sliders, but maybe not yet for the first version.

Outfit Studio is mostly functional by now. We had disabled it for this alpha release to, let's say, prevent people from abusing it too early.

We've tweaked some more sliders yesterday.

1. NippleUp/NippleDown: Less areola distortion and a smoother shape.

BreastPerkiness: Doesn't make the breast point upwards anymore (use NippleUp/Down for that).

Arms: Made the forearm a bit smaller to match the upper arm size better.

We've added some new sliders yesterday (Caliente already talked about those):

1. New butt slider that morphs it into a bit of a different shape (I think you might like it, especially in combo with other sliders).

New waist height slider that moves the entire waist, including upper belly/navel up and down.

Inverted normal map the correct way.

Removed sprinkle/gold dust from the right nipple.

Fixed a few of the seams caused by sliders (precision correction in the code).

Fixed normals not being updated by sliders.

Next alpha will probably be today.

1. Release will be when we have the most important issues ironed out and the vanilla outfits converted, so that the UV/clipping issues are gone. They will have sliders, but maybe not yet for the first version.
  2. Outfit Studio is mostly functional by now. We had disabled it for this alpha release to, let's say, prevent people from abusing it too early.
  3. We've tweaked some more sliders yesterday.
    1. NippleUp/NippleDown: Less areola distortion and a smoother shape.
    2. BreastPerkiness: Doesn't make the breast point upwards anymore (use NippleUp/Down for that).
    3. Arms: Made the forearm a bit smaller to match the upper arm size better.
  4. We've added some new sliders yesterday (Caliente already talked about those):
    1. New butt slider that morphs it into a bit of a different shape (I think you might like it, especially in combo with other sliders).
    2. New waist height slider that moves the entire waist, including upper belly/navel up and down.
  5. Inverted normal map the correct way.
  6. Removed sprinkle/gold dust from the right nipple.
  7. Fixed a few of the seams caused by sliders (precision correction in the code).
  8. Fixed normals not being updated by sliders.
  9. Next alpha will probably be today.

release outfit studio here as alpha-build

fuck dat "issues" we want play with armor, not only nude :3

Archived