Skyrim acting strange CreateDXGIFactory2 error d3d11.dll

Guest Jezzy

• 2 weeks later...

You could also try to locate dxgi.dll in your skyrim folder and rename it dxgi.dll.bak.

This fixed the problem for me. 

OH MY GOD,

thank you so much,

been annoying the hell out of me that doing a Google search for the problem hadn't shown anything of use,

other than uninstalling Nvidia Geforce, which works, but it barely did, like it was a "dirty fix" more than anything, this...

THIS, worked like a charm :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest squid0767

You could also try to locate dxgi.dll in your skyrim folder and rename it dxgi.dll.bak.

This fixed the problem for me. 

Tried this myself, now I'm getting Skyrim in windowed mode only, no full screen. It's a 320x240 window from the looks of it. It's probably something I did, I found Anatriax's guide to tweaking Skyrim, and I probably screwed something up. Good guide, but WAY too much info! LOL I never ran ENB stuff before this (a GTS 250 card wouldn't run it I'm sure) but decided to try it on getting a new system. But, I thought I'd just put a feeler out there - anyone else run across this issue? TY! :)

EDIT: It was SweetFX that was causing my issues, nevermind! :)

• 1 month later...

I just encountered this issue, but when I change the name of the  file and start up the game, the entire lower screen has a dark purplish tint, almost like a blacklight. What do I do to fix this?

Been doing some research on this, and AFAIK there is no solution for SweetFX on Win10.

SweetFX will either prevent the game from launching and give this error, or the game launches but the ENB engine doesn't work properly.

Tested last week with one of the K ENBs and the latest binary, first thing i noticed was the DoF wasn't working and then ENB started reporting errors.

People who claim to have a solution have probably just disabled the functionality by renaming ( = deleting ) the driver DLL or replacing it with the file from the windows folder, then you might as well disable it entirely in the enblocal.ini.

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=false
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_SMAA.dll
Unfortunately this only works for ENBs who use SweetFX only for the Anti-Aliasing, but not for those who use other effects like color correction.

The standard AA methods of ENB are pretty poor, for static screenshots you can always enable Temporal AA or change your game resolution to 2560x1440 or 3840x2160 in the skyrimprefs.ini (requires nvidia DSR enabled for 1.78x and 4.00x on a 1080p monitor). Then downscale the images back to 1080p, looks better than any AA effects anyways.

_____

TL;DR

Say goodbye to old SweetFX-ENB presets on Windows 10

For some reason my ENB in-game only get screwed up when i have FRAPS open, if i close FRAPS then the ENB in-game goes back to normal, some one cam explain to me why ???

I use FRAPS for my screenshot, without it i can't take any, what else can i use other then FRAPS ?

Thanks guys :o

For some reason my ENB in-game only get screwed up when i have FRAPS open, if i close FRAPS then the ENB in-game goes back to normal, some one cam explain to me why ???

I use FRAPS for my screenshot, without it i can't take any, what else can i use other then FRAPS ?

Thanks guys :o

IIRC Fraps is on the "crapware" list by Boris, basically anything that hooks some kind of HUD on your screen should be disabled for ENB. Should be in the FAQ for every ENB preset.

Lots of people use Fraps for their ENB screenshots though, so you maybe can just disable the HUD elements in the settings.

Without Fraps, just use the key that is set for your ENB. Usually PrtSrc but you can change that in the ENB GUI and "save changes". This simply drops a BMP into your Skyrim folder with date/time name code.

Pro tip: use IrfanView for things like batch conversion/renaming/resizing of the original pics.

You also may want to disable bAllowScreenshot in the Skyrim INI files, so the key doesn't occasionally create the vanilla Screenshot.BMP file by accident.

Note - For ENB presets with SMAA you also have to make sure that you press the screenshot key defined in SMAA, otherwise only ENB creates the screenshot before SMAA post-processing and thus all the AA and color correction effects are missing.

Okay, now that I know what SweetFX is (thank you btw), how do I go about uninstalling it and getting that damn blacklight off my screen?

Yes seems like your ENB has SMAA / SweetFX, and since i used the Tranquility ENB preset this is based on, i assume that it also heavily relies on the color correction. So you may have to try another preset.

To disable SMAA for the preset, check the post above - change that line under [proxy] to FALSE in enblocal.ini

Now i'm not an expert on how false ENB settings look like, but did you follow ALL the instructions for ENB?

- don't force Anti-Aliasing or Anisotropic filtering in your graphics driver controls (should be on default settings for everything)

- make sure you set the stuff in the right INI files for Skyrim, like that "floatrendertarget", landshadows etc. If you use Mod Organizer, set these in the .INI for your profile instead of the real Skyrim .INI files

- mentioned above, disable everything that hooks into your graphics engine - Steam overlay, MSI afterburner, Fraps, etc etc etc.

Change this in enblocal.ini from true to false and check if it does anything

ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
No idea if that is even related to your problem, there are plenty of ways to mess the game up - example the Ningheim Race causes weird light effects with ENBs because it changes certain game scripts

One source for problems with ENBs can be leftover files from other ENBs.

Try removing all ENB files, which means you have to look through the downloads of all ENB presets you ever installed and make sure none of them are present in your Skyrim folder.

Then install a preset that is up to date and optimized for Windows 10.

If the glitch still happens, it has something to do with your savegame or OS/driver setup.

And a friendly reminder, if an author says that his preset is incompatible with weather/lighting mods or requires a specific mod like Revamped Exterior Fog, then the users should definitely follow that advice.

Archived