Help with real high heels configuration

QuiteTheTail

Not sure if this should be posted here or in the tech help section.

I attached a script to vanilla gold trimmed shoes (the mesh is borrowed from Vipcxjs's test mod). I adopted the 'Normal' height, although 'LLL' was more appropriate, perhaps. Nevermind. This is not the real problem. As you can see from the screenshot, also other NPCs get a vertical shift in height, even though their shoes are not scripted. What's going on? I tried fixing the behaviour from the Controller Menu, and ended up screwing the height for different (non scripted) equipment like armor.

post-729106-0-09471900-1440941281_thumb.jpg

I find the in-game controller to be a bitch to get configured right. I suggest resetting it to default and starting over, and then only using CS/E and the Vipcxjs scripts. That of course will make your MOD dependent on it, but I've not experienced any major issues if you have an optimized Oblivion build.

And myuhinny is also right; the nif and how the shoe item is positioned also plays into how they are in-game. I don't recall if the height of the PC/NPC playsinto it or not; full size race of 1, vs. some smaller/larger %; .95 or 1.05. I don't think it does but it's been a while since my last config of any high heel sets.

And your NIF, that is a below ground plane model, so it should be good.

The Zodiac Companion MOD, the original not the one I reworked and posted (that has issues I still have to fix), has some very good examples of high heeled armors using the scripts, as does the reworked TERA armors too.

The Zodiac Companion MOD, the original not the one I reworked and posted (that has issues I still have to fix), has some very good examples of high heeled armors using the scripts, as does the reworked TERA armors too.

I'll take a look at those mods to figure out how to do things properly. Thanks.

I prefer using just the Vipcxjs scripts when making a MOD via CS/E. If all of the NIFs are the same for the shoe or foot item height vs the ground plane, it is fairly simple, with maybe some in-game testing and re-selecting a more appropriate height script back in CS/E. That way I can avoid ever having to use the in-game controller.

Do make sure your test NPC or your PC is at default height too. There's a in-game height spell for that and if they are not it can add to the confusion.

There's also an optimization tutorial for Vipcxjs (very small quick read) floating around. It's just a couple of lines in 2 or 3 scripts that stop them from firing so often.

I did a bit of testing of the heels in your nif in your other post and the heels are not a low as other nifs are with heels in them that are using the heel system. 

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The difference in height is about matching the strength of Phintias' "Levitation Spell". That should explain the oddity.

@ varenne

I'll try adjusting the .nif to match similar equipment from other mods, see what version of the script they use and attach it to my shoes.

Greetings.

... hum , rien que du beau monde sur ce topic ...cool ... ;°)

Hi & @ QuiteTheTail : before i download and test your meshes in game i need to know which script ( exactly) is attached to them ... that's just because i use my own "ESM" and not the VipcXj's esp . 

So i need to add the right value with the CS .

By the did , did you checked the VipCxj's folder ? There is there a Robe ( BBB enable) ... he never add in his mod , but i think i already see it somewhere else but later ... so it's an interresting model , not skimpy , " classe ( in french ) BC-BG , Bon Chic , Bon Genre " .

Cheers.

PS : oh i forgot this : did you compared the " high"/height " in another area ? The vanilla shoes are not exactly set at the same "High" then a realHighHeels model. Another thing depends of wich animation is used ... if you take a look just with NifSkope ( you can  not only use a Kf file for an animation but also the kf script used by VipCxj , so you can see the different Height"  used by these scripts ...)  you will see that your NPC " Height " isn't  necessary the same with different "walk forward " animations ( or  other animations ) ...so that's why i wrote it depends of the animation too ...

Hi,

strange it's seams you forgot something there ... with NifSkope there is no Height's change with the different VipcXj scripts ... by the way i think i already added a lot off different texture ' UVeted " to this model by the past ( i used it first as a replacer for most of all the lower a middle class sgoes ... maybe i have the files on this machine .. i must check that point.

Cheers

PS ; sorry tested with another Skeleton ( Ragdoll) and i don't see any problem with your VipCxj 's shoes... With NifSkope the rioght svript seams to be the "L" ...

If a check a plan ( ground ) in the imperial city , you will see that there are some different between the different part of the ground ( entre la rue et le trottoir , il y a une difference , les deux ne sont pas sur le même plan et sur les trottoirs , le personnage a tendance à " flotter"  ...  idem dans certaines pièces intérieures  , par "plan" j'entends la surface de collision ...) .

Cheers.

PS : in other words , the "Colision" box don't match exactly the meshes of the ground you see in game ( example :  les trottoirs ...)

Hi,

PS : in other words , the "Colision" box don't match exactly the meshes of the ground you see in game ( example :  les trottoirs ...)

I'll have to try in different areas/ terrain types to confirm it's not a collision issue.

However, the screenshot provided by myuhinny is clearly suggesting that there's a problem with alignment. As I said, I took these shoes from the test mod, and perhaps when I imported/exported in Blender (to mend the seams at the ankles) the translation info present in the original .nif went lost.

To answer your questions, the script I have attached is named zzzVipCxjHighHeelsScript [editor ID: xx000ED3] which should be the "Normal" height, if I'm not mistaken. I would never have guessed the possible involvement of the .kf file used for walkforward (there's a lot to learn from you, although I must say, when I read your posts, usually all I get is a tremendous headache). :P And I'm not talking about your english, it's just that you fill in so many technical details I'm just too ignorant to understand. It won't be long before my characters will refuse to bounce their boobs, until it's definitely sure what version of BBB system they are using. :D  (Just a little joke, forgive me).

Uhmm... I don't recall ever seeing a Robe in Vipcxjs mod. I have to check.

You're right. It's indeed a very nice lingerie set. I stashed it in the Luggage and then forgot about it. :)

Hi,

I'll have to try in different areas/ terrain types to confirm it's not a collision issue.

However, the screenshot provided by myuhinny is clearly suggesting that there's a problem with alignment. As I said, I took these shoes from the test mod, and perhaps when I imported/exported in Blender (to mend the seams at the ankles) the translation info present in the original .nif went lost.

To answer your questions, the script I have attached is named zzzVipCxjHighHeelsScript [editor ID: xx000ED3] which should be the "Normal" height, if I'm not mistaken. I would never have guessed the possible involvement of the .kf file used for walkforward (there's a lot to learn from you, although I must say, when I read your posts, usually all I get is a tremendous headache). :P And I'm not talking about your english, it's just that you fill in so many technical details I'm just too ignorant to understand. It won't be long before my characters will refuse to bounce their boobs, until it's definitely sure what version of BBB system they are using. :D  (Just a little joke, forgive me).

Uhmm... I don't recall ever seeing a Robe in Vipcxjs mod. I have to check.

Hi ,

Yes there is one nice model in the VipCxj folder , a black one . In the VipCxj mod , in the folder you put in your data folder there is not only the one named " HighHeels " there is also another one named/called "dress" ..."Blackdress.nif 562 Ko " .

I don't know what your second file is ( it's only an esp  )  and i'll probably not be able to check it just because i only use my own esp with my own folder etc ...

Usually a nif created to work with the VipCxj system or to the one ( it's a spell in this case ) from Addk1k isn't set to zero ,  i know the one from VipCxj 's mod is set originally to zero  but most of others are not and in this case don't "apply" your transformation to this  kind of meshes . it's an exception ( i must say same thing with a mesh that's wasn't well exported from Blender ... in the topic you followed w<ith me about the Brideyna's mod , there is some meshes not well done ( = not well exported and not sized to "zero"  and in this case , if you move them to match your own mesh it's better to not " Apply" your TransFormation ( i'm talking about NifSkope of course ).

I'll try to find a comment from " Master " Growlf about the right value you need to wrote for a model released for the HighHeels system ( but i'm not quiet sure if he was talking about VipCxj or only about the Addk1K system . 

By the way , i found a lot of "YangYang " based HighHeels created to work with Addk1K system and not the one from VipCxj ... and nothing was written in a "readme.file " about this fact.

I remember i got some problem ( seems between the legs and the feet ) but that's was probably because i was working with a lower body based on Coronerra mesh so not HGEC original compatible and i "tweaked" all of these four meshes ( so 2 for the separatly feet and two others for the Shoes ...) to match a lower lowef i never used in fact ... i loaded it by accident.

If you are interrested by the stocking version, this is a personnal VipCxj lower body , not exactly an EBE version.

Cheers, and sorry for the  " headache " ... ;°)

PS : a screenshot of the VipCxj blackdress ...

post-239275-0-10844900-1440966889_thumb.jpg

Yes, I've found the dress. There are also the matching stockings+shoes, RealHighHeels enabled.

They don't fit my main character (luckily I have found a valid replacement), but for some of my female companions are perfect. Since I've been using "See You Sleep" it's difficult to get a decent rest without changing clothes for the night... (it's one of my favorite mods).

So, there are at least two systems for RealHighHeels too... it figures. :lol:

And the equipment designed for one is clearly incompatible with the other (unless tweaked). Good to know. My headache, again...

Yes, I've found the dress(es), black and white. There are also the matching stockings+shoes, RealHighHeels enabled.

They don't fit my main character (luckily I have found a valid replacement), but for some of my female companions are perfect. Since I've been using "See You Sleep" it's difficult to get a decent rest without changing clothes for the night... (it's one of my favorite mods).

So, there are at least two systems for RealHighHeels too... it figures. :lol:

And the equipment designed for one is clearly incompatible with the other (unless tweaked). Good to know. My headache, again...

Yes there is two official systems .... and maybe others.

Well, i see i never follow the vipCxj story ... ? VipCxj and Addk1k  are the creators of the first official HighHeels system ... the two persons ( they were friend i suppose) created the first compatible skeleton ... in fact you can use the VipCxj Skeleton with model based on Addk1K system ...the two system share the same base.

VipCxj use a script ( but this one run from the beginning of the loading scene when you launch Oblivion , so it uses  "some resources ) and Addk1K uses a spell ( ok , a spell is a kind of script too in some points of vue ...) , so with the Addk1K , yoo cannot add a spell to the heels because they are already "enchanted" ... i think that's why this system isn't so popular.

Addk1K ... you already know him ... Corpses Collector ... never heard about this mod ? ... yes , remember , you call me a Necromancer when i told you how i use his mod ... :°)

But VipCxj also create another interresting thing ... Growlf use this one to create his Skeleton ( not exactly the " Universal", the one where you can adjust the " breasts size" , the heigh of a leg " and highHeels/feet ... unfortunately not compatible with the OP3 bones ... so if you use the OP3 bones to move a " BB ( Bouncing Butt) you cannot use this Growlf Skeleton.

It's a pity Growlf seams to not be here , i call him " Master " Growlf because there is so much to learn from this guy ... you know he already created a  sort of moving "vagina lips " a long time ago ... without any " white bug " in the mesh !

Anyway i don't want to cause some new  troubles in your head ( headache) so i 'll stop here.

Just one thing ; Addk1K and VipCxj models can be  both loaded , no compatibility issue but the meshes are totaly different .

Enough for this night.

Cheers.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/31350

Well, i see i never follow the vipCxj story ... ? VipCxj and Addk1k  are the creators of the first official HighHeels system ... the two persons ( they were friend i suppose) created the first compatible skeleton ... in fact you can use the VipCxj Skeleton with model based on Addk1K system ...the two system share the same base.

VipCxj use a script ( but this one run from the beginning of the loading scene when you launch Oblivion , so it uses  "some resources ) and Addk1K uses a spell ( ok , a spell is a kind of script too in some points of vue ...) , so with the Addk1K , yoo cannot add a spell to the heels because they are already "enchanted" ... i think that's why this system isn't so popular.

Addk1K ... you already know him ... Corpses Collector ... never heard about this mod ? ... yes , remember , you call me a Necromancer when i told you how i use his mod ... :°)

But VipCxj also create another interresting thing ... Growlf use this one to create his Skeleton ( not exactly the " Universal", the one where you can adjust the " breasts size" , the heigh of a leg " and highHeels/feet ... unfortunately not compatible with the OP3 bones ... so if you use the OP3 bones to move a " BB ( Bouncing Butt) you cannot use this Growlf Skeleton.

It's a pity Growlf seams to not be here , i call him " Master " Growlf because there is so much to learn from this guy ... you know he already created a  sort of moving "vagina lips " a long time ago ... without any " white bug " in the mesh !

Anyway i don't want to cause some new  troubles in your head ( headache) so i 'll stop here.

Just one thing ; Addk1K and VipCxj models can be  both loaded , no compatibility issue but the meshes are totaly different .

Enough for this night.

Cheers.

I have to apologize for accusing you of necromancy in the past (here's why the name Add1k sounded familiar)...

In fact, you're not a necromancer, you're an amazing necromancer! How do you know so much about mods and modders is something that fills me with stupor. And putting aside jokes, for one time, I'll admit that is always a pleasure, and there is always much to learn reading your comments (well, at least when I understand what the heck you're talking about).

Thanks.

Enough for this night.

Cheers.

I have to apologize for accusing you of necromancy in the past (here's why the name Add1k sounded familiar)...

In fact, you're not a necromancer, you're an amazing necromancer! How do you know so much about mods and modders is something that fills me with stupor. And putting aside jokes, for one time, I'll admit that is always a pleasure, and there is always much to learn reading your comments (well, at least when I understand what the heck you're talking about).

Thanks.

Thank you ... seriously .

As i already wrote your english is better than mine ( and i don't want to use any "Translator" that's why i wrote some " sentences " in french ... but if i remember well , you learned this language for six years , right ? ...;°)

Originally i started to play with computers  along time ago ... and i started to " mod"  with the Morrowind game and in fact i own Oblivion for its CS beause i didn't know how to modify ( the way i wanted ) a special Morrowind's script ... so i thought it would be easier with Oblivion ( and i was wrong of course ) ...

In fact i started a long time ago but just for my family , i was afraid to share something at the Nexus ( even i was afraid to only post a simple comment there because the " banning system "  was very "  rude " in my opinion ... so that's why i never shared a mod before  ... it's a little bit late for Oblivion now ... 

But exactly like here at LL , you can find a lot of "tips" very usefull in different comments at the Nexus so that's why i read the different comments there and that why i know something "particular" because it was just written only one time on one specific topic ... but for VipCxj , that's i must credit " Master" Growlf for the different information he wrote about VipCxj ... and usually he wrote something for " nothing" ...

You know, when something is going wrong i want and need to know why ... that's my nature , nothing else, so i need to read and learn as each others if i want to know exactly what something does ...

Désolée, mais il est très tard, il faut vraiment que j'aille dormir maintenant ... j'ai trop de choses à faire ce lundi que je ne peux malheureusement pas remettre à plus tard. De plus, il y a de gros travaux chez nous ( et pour quelques semaines encore ), ce qui m'empêche de me servir de mes PC comme et quand je veux ...A+

Bonne nuit.

I did a bit of testing of the heels in your nif in your other post and the heels are not a low as other nifs are with heels in them that are using the heel system. 

If it's not too demanding, would you please check:

1. the shoes you used for the comparison, are they scripted using Vipcxjs system?

2. what version of the script is attached to them?

I'm trying to solve the problem editing my plugin in CSE (to avoid altering the .nif file).

Nevermind. I found the correct script to attach by trial and error. I will post some screenshots to explain the situation. In my test, black shoes have "L" script attached, blue shoes use the "LL" script. The ss were taken in different terrain conditions: Chorrol Fighters Guild Interior, Chorrol Exterior (pavement), Chorrol Exterior (sidewalk), Imperial City (First Edition interior).

post-729106-0-10727100-1441208774_thumb.jpgpost-729106-0-71756400-1441208786_thumb.jpgpost-729106-0-30351800-1441208800_thumb.jpgpost-729106-0-77688000-1441208806_thumb.jpg

Looks like the "L" script is the best option for this particular mesh (in average terrain conditions). The skeleton, animations and idles I use can also play a part in that. The most interesting is the fourth image. It reveals that something is wrong with the floor at First Edition, because all three characters are more or less "floating".

I wonder if this would happen with the Real High Heels mod disabled and standard shoes.

One last thing.

I'm not able to inspect the content of Vipcxjs scripts in CSE. They appear blank (although they work, when applied). In one case, for the script with the "Controller" suffix, the content of the script appeared for a fraction of second, then the script editor window turned blank again. :wacko:

One last thing.

I'm not able to inspect the content of Vipcxjs scripts in CSE. They appear blank (although they work, when applied). In one case, for the script with the "Controller" suffix, the content of the script appeared for a fraction of second, then the script editor window turned blank again. :wacko:

Yes, some do appear blank if opened. If you look at them in the preview window most if not all say this:

Scn zzzVipCxjHighHeelsH1EnchScript
;<CSEBlock>
;<CSEStatutoryWarning> This script may contain preprocessor directives parsed by the CSE Script Editor. Refrain from modifying it in the vanilla editor. </CSEStatutoryWarning>
;<CSECaretPos> 0 </CSECaretPos>
;</CSEBlock>

Not sure why. Could it be CSE cannot read it, or maybe there is nothing to read?

I'm using the following version (RHH Lovers Edition.7z):

post-18672-0-26465900-1441216175_thumb.jpg

The vipcxj_plugin_collection.dll is in my OBSE\Plugins folder, which is a requirement for this MOD. It could be doing something with that. (I admit I've never looked that deep into it.)

Requirement:

1. Oblivion Patch 1.2.0.214 (Official 1.2 Patch)

2. OBSE 0020 beta5 ++ or above

3. OBSE plugin: VipCxj's Plugin Collection v3 (Download Link:http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37075)

Hi there.

@ QuiteTheTail .

"Quote" ... not tried yet the way you sent me .... :°) so just a copy/past ... 

..."

One last thing.

I'm not able to inspect the content of Vipcxjs scripts in CSE. They appear blank (although they work, when applied). In one case, for the script with the "Controller" suffix, the content of the script appeared for a fraction of second, then the script editor window turned blank again "....

To be able to see something written for OBSE you need to launch the CS via OBSE ( it's better to "mark" that kind of esp if you made some changes and Save them .)

The method is in the Txt file you probably already put in your Data folder ( i probably never read ...) .

Cheers.

Yes, some do appear blank if opened. If you look at them in the preview window most if not all say this:

Scn zzzVipCxjHighHeelsH1EnchScript
;<CSEBlock>
;<CSEStatutoryWarning> This script may contain preprocessor directives parsed by the CSE Script Editor. Refrain from modifying it in the vanilla editor. </CSEStatutoryWarning>
;<CSECaretPos> 0 </CSECaretPos>
;</CSEBlock>

Not sure why. Could it be CSE cannot read it, or maybe there is nothing to read?

Thanks for the infos. I have all the requirements fulfilled: obse_0021 and version 3.0 of plugin collection (no need to recompile the scripts as this is my first installation of Vipcxjs files). I will give a shot to Samhain's Lovers version. Avaiilable here at LL I presume...

Hi there.

To be able to see something written for OBSE you need to launch the CS via OBSE ( it's better to "mark" that kind of esp if you made some changes and Save them .)

Cheers.

I migrated to CSE (CS Extended) upon suggestion from varenne exactly for that reason. With it, you have the ability to edit plugins depending from OBSE (it's like launching the CS through OBSE) plus there are many other advanced functions (you can save as .esp or .esm, for instance)

Archived