[mod] [CK2] Harem Kings

Beornwahl

• 6 months later...

Ok so due to me having gotten several people asking either in PM's or thread posts, due to my previous mention to one person about doing so (which i still as of yet HAVNT gotten one from), and others in the thread asking about an update, im just going to post the mod here.  Since Beo has not posted in this thread nor updated the mod I will take that as basically as abandon-ware and just post it.  I know Beo is active on LL, but hasnt posted on either one of his mod threads for a while. If he later requests it to be removed, I or a forum mod can/will do so.

Anyone who grabs it.. you are on your own.. works as is in my game - and i only run with the DW core, the ruler unlocker, sketchy's cheat mod and a more prisoner mod.   Have fun and enjoy.

Ok this is Not supported beyond 2.5.2/conclave and not supported if you have any other coremods.

There are some core game files that was forced to include to change some of the main game functions,

so this may conflict with other mods you have (currently doesnt conflict with the newer DWcore).

I dont run with any thing else that changes many core game functions other than DW.. so YMMV.

Merge files at your own pleasure and risk.

Read the whole thing - THERE IS NO TLDR!

So i took what was already in the mod, changed a few things for personal taste, changed some to fix/match up with

the new patches and content, and removed/disabled some features that to me were not that great or changes the game

in ways i didnt care for. The ways I edited it were also focused more-so at regular male/female hook-ups, and mainly

as a male character. I have NOT tested ANY of this playing as a female character.

I did rename my version of it "Harem Times" mostly as a way to keep it noticibly different in my modding folder and keep

it distinct from the base mod its based off of.

I did leave in a few cheaty things, namely a minor stat boost (+10 to all base stats).

and the bigger "cheaty" feature is a "marry anyone together" mod. I spent alot of time on it for myself, and if im going to

share this at all, im leaving this in because of the effort.

I took part of that idea from some of the "marry your prisoner mods" that have floated around LL and AGOT forums, but

also to work around some of the stupid marriage mechanics in-game that are either stupidly limiting or wouldnt let me do

what i wanted when the culture/religion the character/dynasty follows would just do whatever the hell they wanted whenever

the hell they wanted. Like.. you made a lover out of some rich dynasty princess thats in line for some land and you romanced

the shit out of her, killed off her lame husband.. and she loves/likes you more than her current leige, yet due to reasons

like "infidel" (due to wrong religion), or "Skills of XX" (i hate that denial reason by the way) or "Political reasons"

(i hate that too by the way) and they wouldnt accept the marriage proposal.. well.. NOW they will.. they have no choice.

Yes its kinda cheaty, but if dont abuse it in the gamee too much, it can make for some very interesting situations.

It might not entirely make them abjucate to you - it could create interesting split kingdoms.. so use and plan at your own risk.

I also did create a defines file for the younger marriages along with some other minor age related changes like the idea from

genericlogin's christianity mod, where characters are considered adult sooner, BUT due to some not liking that.. the file

is left "off"... if you want it.. go find it under \common\defines\ and rename it to remove the ".off" part.

Ok so here is a rough list and description of whats in the mod, including features it already existed and anything thats changed::

Harem religion available from Ruler designer or by converting in-game. (in-game not fully tested, mainly used from designer)

Have up to 50 wives (yes 50.. i wanted more by default)

Hold Rallies to promote the religion - also pretty sure I disabled the AI from doing this (vassals and whatnot, i didnt want them

doing it and i found out at one point they were and made attempts to disable it)

ZERO family marriage restrictions (optional younger limits)

Some relaxed limits on marriage (not counting the force marriage function)

With the Seduction focus, seduce anyone and who you want (not counting your existing wives, seduce them beforehand) - I believe

I also fully disabled the player character getting hit with "cheating" type of debuffs from his own wives and lovers and wont

have all of the lovers drop off the list if caught and/or if a bastard pregnancy is discovered.

AI shouldnt be able to take Seduction at all.

Also created a custom culture - Focused for more western european based characters, I did this mainly to get around the

lame name creation and used more normal "modern" names. You dont have to go with the culture, its optional but available

to choose in the ruler designer if you want.

Shouldnt be able to be taken by AI's without your influcence/spread making it happen.

Left in the mercs/holy orders you can hire, but I tweaked their troop loadouts slightly.

Renamed ALOT of things.. no offense to Beo but I didnt care for alot of the names of things so I changed them.

Something I tried to fix as well was the religion icon not showing up from the previous game version, which resulted in

it being changed... but still noticible and different from the other ingame religions.

Credit for the original idea and base coding of the mod does to Beornwahl, and some other ideas for things included in the mod

come from others such as genericlogin, creampie, and modders on the AGOT forums (iv lost the link to the orig post i found

there so i cant name them specifically at this point).

attachicon.gifHT pub.7z

hey man I downloaded the mod from your link, there is a interface bug, I narrowed it down to this mod, its when you get "character owe you a favor" when you click on it, a pop up window appears and blocks everything in the middle of your screen.

Yea thats due to changes in patches post 2.5, that the version you downloaded in this thread, has not yet been updated for yet.  I had not bothered yet doing any further public updates due to interest seemingly fading off for it.  But if its something that somebody wants, then i can look into it.    I have updated my own personal version far beyond even what I had here (its more of a mod pack of custom edits of a few mods than just this single piece) but i think i have things separated out enough to rip out just the updated pieces of Harem Kings/Harem Times.

The only reason i wont release the full pack i have.. is cause i dont own all of it... I have DW with a few modded files to turn some events off, I have More Prisoners, updated and fixed for later versions and where it actually works, i have Ruler Designer Unlocked slightly tweaked, and i have Sketchy Cheat menu, merged with Slvrbuu cheat menu, along with some personal fixes and edits, into one really somewhat bloated piece that im suprised actually works ;)  

I think the favor issue you mentioned, i did finally realize and find myself a while ago, and i think its actually related to left over graphics file or graphics script files..  but i dont have that issue anymore in 2.6+ so far at least.

2.6.2 Compatibile
May have conflicts with other coremods.
There are some core game files that was forced to include to change some of the main game functions,
so this may conflict with other mods you have (currently doesnt conflict with the newer DWcore).
I dont run with any thing else that changes many core game functions other than DW.. so YMMV.
Merge files at your own pleasure and risk.

2.6.2 changes of note:

Removal of a vanilla game graphics file from a much earlier version of the game should prevent "Someone owes you a Favor" UI glitches.

Change to up to 70 wives - The game UI isnt really made for this, but I dont think many people care, so more is kind of better.

Tweaked the portaits used for the religious type Npc's, got tired of the "pagan" ones, now its the same as some of the alternate christian ones.

Disabled Harem Rally.. i didnt see the point and it was kind of a pain anyway.. plus if somehow AI got switched to Harem, they would use it all the time and really screw with the game's background religous war setting.. id rather just do that myself ;)

I modified the CB - Free the love war declaration, to be usable on more counties/kingdoms/etc.  Have not entirely grasped the rules regarding exactly how it awards you land since its still mostly based on the games original -crusade- war. In at least one case, I only got part of one of the kingdoms I had fought, but its not like you cant just redeclare war right away.  Kinda cheaty, but you still have wage the war and win if you can.

Took out the 00_religion.txt override, as the new game rules function to allow more open marriages satisfies the same requirement.

Updated the way_of_life_decisions.txt file for 2.6.2 in the \decisions\ folder,  did still tweak how seduction works even though you can turn off AI seduction
with the new game rules.  Its still kind of open, and unrestricted..so if you do leave AI seduction on, be warned.

In \events\ - updated/reincluded 3 files:
on_action_events.txt
wol_lover_events.txt
wol_seduction_events.txt
-- Again mostly to support a more unrestricted use of seduction, turn off the stressed event for multiple wives ( you can still get other stressed events ),
try to prevent auto loss of lovers/etc when your seduction target is caught (not you.. no body cares if the PlayerChar does it), and allow Harem to get away
with as much as it can and not be completely breaking.

**********So with those core game overrides, be sure you dont have any other mods with those same files else you will have issues.**********
The edits are not that extreme... run a Compare in Notepad++ with these and the core game files if you want to see what is changed.
Rather than remove lines I try to comment the lines out with "#" if I want to cut out/disable something, mostly for reference later or if I need to later
turn something back on.

HT 2.6.2compat.7z

Previously yes, it was disabled for AI pretty much right in the mod.   But now its something available right through the patched game.

You turn it off in the new "game options" when you start a new game with the 2.6+ patch from Paradox. They introduced a window when you start a new game after character selection to change certain game rules directly.  One of which includes AI Seduction... plus some other good stuff.   Some of those options turns off achievements (who cares), but else you can tailor some of the game play to your liking. 

Previously yes, it was disabled for AI pretty much right in the mod.   But now its something available right through the patched game.

You turn it off in the new "game options" when you start a new game with the 2.6+ patch from Paradox. They introduced a window when you start a new game after character selection to change certain game rules directly.  One of which includes AI Seduction... plus some other good stuff.   Some of those options turns off achievements (who cares), but else you can tailor some of the game play to your liking. 

awesome thanks, I also want to know, whether or not there is a reason to pick the harem religion?

since I think in the previous version of your mod that's a requirement?

Well the whole point of the mod is the harem religion.. so yes.. you need to pick that.  Now in my custom version i had also made a harem culture, to override some other settings in how the game works, but also to create a more generalized naming pool for births.  I dont think I forced the religion to require the culture, but they do complement each other slightly.  At the very least .. you need the religion, otherwise no point in using the mod.

No.. nothing missing.. Culture has no bearing on that.  You can have plenty of heavy cavalry, it just takes more time to let it build up.  Cavalry takes more "population" of your retinues, so you have to let it build up a bit before you hit the Plus for them. They seem to take twice the capacity as the other 4 retinue options. So you are going to have to build that one up a little slower.

Yea i see some info on it on the wiki.. no idea how its set.  Never seen cavalry in any levy.. only army retinue.  Not able to see how its set/enabled either.  Some of the alternate unite types are somehow based on it.. and they would overwrite a given unit type of the standard apparently for retinues.. again.. levies.. no idea.    What combo did you normally pick prior to using mods?

Ok.. yea that makes sense. Breton gets the Jousting Lists building upgrade.. which if i read this right.. turns heavy cavalry into knights.   

The custom culture I made is based off anglo saxon, which gets boosts to heavy infantry.    Again.. not sure how this changes levies..  but explains the different building upgrades.

Il have to look into sometime further how its set... i wonder if can get them all... horse archers and elephant cavalry could be interesting.

Every culture gets its own cultural building.  Their definition files are found in common/buildings/00_CastleCulture.txt .  The restrictions are part of the definitions there, under 'potential' -- for instance, 'potential = { FROM = { culture = anglo-saxon } }' means only Anglo-Saxons can have that building.  You could mod that specific file to give every one of those buildings to your custom religion, or create a new type of building that only your religion can build, and define the bonuses it gives and troop types it raises.

Yea interesting... its not super critical to me.  Its another core file id rather not have to include in the mod.   A custom building though, that could be more direct and not infringe on built-in stuff to the game.  I havnt looked into the game code enough to in regards to buildings, but if I really got the urge I would eventually figure it out.

I dont play on entirely vanilla anyway... so in the end it doesnt matter what bonus i have or dont have.  But I can see where it might be interesting, we'll see.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived