[mod] [CK2] Harem Kings

Beornwahl

12 hours ago, LeeLeeG2 said:

I would love to see this mod updated.  Pretty please???????

image.jpeg.7f00e148f29350ce8c817bc552f44364.jpeg

That's a really really weird way to ask. Like I'm kind of disgusted, but I guess if there's a second person then I'll take a look. I'll have to figure out how to upload it though, I've never uploaded mods outside of one time to the Steam Workshop.

What I'd be most interested in seeing is this mod redone as a Pagan Reformation doctrine. That would mean that it could be mixed-n-matched with both your character's ethnicity's local pagan religion (for color) and/or whatever other doctrines/nature/leadership suits your playstyle.

12 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

Well the mod updating isn't going well so far. I've fixed everything I could find and it still crashes immediately upon starting a game. The validator has run out of errors. It must be something to do with the interface and graphics modding, but that's the thing I understand the least of.

Whenever there's a CTD on loading, you can bet your bottom dollar that it's a problem with the religion file. So I checked, and sure enough it was. The problem is that harem religion uses a lot of things in its religion file that aren't kosher.

can_excommunicate = no
		can_grant_divorce = yes
		can_grant_invasion_cb = invasion
		can_grant_claim = yes
		can_hold_temples = yes
		can_call_crusade = no
		can_have_antipopes = no
		can_retire_to_monastery = yes

All of these, with the exception of can_retire_to_monastery = yes will absolutely crash the game because of one important reason: They all require a head of religion. No such title is defined (it's commented out in the landed_titles file), thus causing a crash. Removing everything (except for the aforementioned can_retire_to_monastery) will solve the issue.

Then there's the issue of all the vanilla file replacements that aren't up to date with the vanilla 3.1 versions, notably the messed up interface. Deleting the generalstuff.gfx file fixes the interface problems (such as the Ruler Designer button).

Alright I've made a functional update for the non-Coretex version. I've even fixed some errors that were already there and not related to any updating. Updating the coretex version will take longer, but not much longer. Just have to figure out what was changed and remake those changes in new versions of the files.

• 8 months later...

Archived