[mod] [CK2] Harem Kings

Beornwahl

i belive the problem is of the faith conflicting with the religion,

hover mouse over the culture and if it says anything about the consorts/concubines then that is where problem lies

Does faith have anything to do with culture

Faith has everything to do with marriage at least. Muteday may very well be right in that culture does too.

Intermarriage with the harem religion is only allowed for one of the Jewish groups - if it is those you play as.

Try to add "intermarry = harem" to all of them - just for the hell of it.

i belive the problem is of the faith conflicting with the religion,

hover mouse over the culture and if it says anything about the consorts/concubines then that is where problem lies

Does faith have anything to do with culture

Faith has everything to do with marriage at least. Muteday may very well be right in that culture does too.

Intermarriage with the harem religion is only allowed for one of the Jewish groups - if it is those you play as.

Try to add "intermarry = harem" to all of them - just for the hell of it.

Yes i do have every dlc except Horse Lords

What do you mean by one of the Jewish group? Do i have to choose between sephardi or ashkenazi group? Or only one of these groups are able to have harem wives? Or do ihave to intermarry in only these two jewish groups?

The jewish_group has three subcategories:

jewish = {

samaritan = {

karaite = {

And only jewish = { has been modified to allow intermarriage with Harem religion.

I'm not sure what sephardi or ashkenazi group is?

I have a problem to.

I play with 1.0, have harem religion, and many of my vassels are harem to now.

Now i updated with 1.2 (delet Harem_Kings1.0.mod and Harem_Kings1.0.zip file and install 1.2) and now im orthodox, and no harem anymore.

Intended or bug or what im missing? i have change nothing except this 2 parts.

And in the 1.2 zip file im missing the descriptor.mod file to. No idea for what this file is.

Should i install 1.0 again and just overwrite all with 1.2?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Not sure about the new patch specifically, im using the reverted "beta" 2.4.5 via steam still. but even then it was crashing.. so i had to go into the files and slice out a bunch of stuff.  It... works.. im not sure if im missing content, but the basic features of the religion work and between having this, and a portion of darkworld installed, its not too bad.  il have to do it again once the DW refactor is done, and who knows about this mod..  will have to wait and see.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I've tried to install this mod from both here and Nexus Mods but I'm unable to see the option to create a new religion in the intrigue tab.. I even manually removed the red highlighted line in the way_of_life_decisions.txt as mentioned in page 1.. Nothing is working with this mod and I freshly installed this game with Sword of Islam DLC without installing any other mods. Please help!

I think you need the harem lover trait..  which you can get thru an event/decision from the intrigue window...  else.. just start a new custom and choose it from the ruler designer.  

convert_to_harem_religion = {
		potential = {
			NOT = { religion_group = harem_group }
			OR = {
				trait = harem_lover
				OR = {
					any_spouse = {
						religion = harem
						hidden_tooltip = {
							is_alive = yes
						}
					}
					any_consort = {
						religion = harem
						hidden_tooltip = {
							is_alive = yes
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
		allow = {
			#Conditions for the decision to be enabled
		}
		effect = {
			#Commands executed when taking the decision
			prestige = -50
			if = {
				limit = { higher_tier_than = BARON }
				religion_authority = {
					modifier = ruler_converted_from
				}
			}
			religion = harem
			if = {
				hidden_tooltip = {
					religion_authority = {
						modifier = ruler_converted_to
					}
				}
			}
			piety = 200
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
			always = no #Not used in vanilla
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0
		}
	}
	become_harem_lover = {
		potential = {
			#Conditions for the decision to appear
			NOT = { trait = harem_lover }
		}
		allow = {
		}
		effect = {
			add_trait = harem_lover
			piety = -10
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0
		}
	}

those are the 2 relevant parts of the harem_decisions.txt file

you can modify those to adjust.. but pretty sure both were available, or at least the convert when i tried in custom where i didnt start with it..been a while..

its possible depending on your other mods and/or what patch you have, just the straight download may not work due to some minor compatibility issues.

I think you need the harem lover trait..  which you can get thru an event/decision from the intrigue window...  else.. just start a new custom and choose it from the ruler designer.  

convert_to_harem_religion = {
		potential = {
			OR = {
				trait = harem_lover
				OR = {
					any_spouse = {
						religion = harem
						hidden_tooltip = {
							is_alive = yes
						}
					}
					any_consort = {
						religion = harem
						hidden_tooltip = {
							is_alive = yes
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
		allow = {
		}
		effect = {
			prestige = -50
			if = {
				religion_authority = {
					modifier = ruler_converted_from
				}
			}
			religion = harem
			if = {
				hidden_tooltip = {
					religion_authority = {
						modifier = ruler_converted_to
					}
				}
			}
			piety = 200
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0
		}
	}
	become_harem_lover = {
		potential = {
			#Conditions for the decision to appear
			NOT = { trait = harem_lover }
		}
		allow = {
		}
		effect = {
			add_trait = harem_lover
			piety = -10
		}
		revoke_allowed = {
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 0
		}
	}

those are the 2 relevant parts of the harem_decisions.txt file

you can modify those to adjust.. but pretty sure both were available, or at least the convert when i tried in custom where i didnt start with it..been a while..

its possible depending on your other mods and/or what patch you have, just the straight download may not work due to some minor compatibility issues.

Thanks a lot! I actually found out that I'm stupid and installed the mod wrongly so now activating it via the launch window works. But unfortunately, just by activating it the game loads up but the moment I start a new game and after choosing a character or modifying my starting character via Ruler Designer (I've tried both), the game just crashes as it is finishing loading up the new game world.

I thought it was because I have other mods activated so I deactivated all my mods and just activated Harem Kings and it still crashes to desktop. I've tried manually installing these mods over my main game folder and Harem Kings and the other mods actually worked at that point, although the other mods I have (Anime Portrait Mod) was having issues. So I decided that not touching the actual game files was better. But now I can't even play the game when I install the mods via my Documents folder.

Also I have all DLCs to date installed.. Please help me if possible and thanks!

Yea with the newer stuff past 2.4.5 i had to edit it to get it to work as well... and im not sure Beo is wathing/monitoring or even going to update it...  i might just send you my custom version (its got some other parts added to it with a some personal "to taste" things for my own liking.. let me see how buried and connected it is to the rest of the mod set i have and il get back to you.  PM me too so i can get you a link later.

Ok so due to me having gotten several people asking either in PM's or thread posts, due to my previous mention to one person about doing so (which i still as of yet HAVNT gotten one from), and others in the thread asking about an update, im just going to post the mod here.  Since Beo has not posted in this thread nor updated the mod I will take that as basically as abandon-ware and just post it.  I know Beo is active on LL, but hasnt posted on either one of his mod threads for a while. If he later requests it to be removed, I or a forum mod can/will do so.

Anyone who grabs it.. you are on your own.. works as is in my game - and i only run with the DW core, the ruler unlocker, sketchy's cheat mod and a more prisoner mod.   Have fun and enjoy.

Ok this is Not supported beyond 2.5.2/conclave and not supported if you have any other coremods.
There are some core game files that was forced to include to change some of the main game functions,
so this may conflict with other mods you have (currently doesnt conflict with the newer DWcore).
I dont run with any thing else that changes many core game functions other than DW.. so YMMV.
Merge files at your own pleasure and risk.

Read the whole thing - THERE IS NO TLDR!

So i took what was already in the mod, changed a few things for personal taste, changed some to fix/match up with
the new patches and content, and removed/disabled some features that to me were not that great or changes the game
in ways i didnt care for. The ways I edited it were also focused more-so at regular male/female hook-ups, and mainly
as a male character. I have NOT tested ANY of this playing as a female character.
I did rename my version of it "Harem Times" mostly as a way to keep it noticibly different in my modding folder and keep
it distinct from the base mod its based off of.

I did leave in a few cheaty things, namely a minor stat boost (+10 to all base stats).
and the bigger "cheaty" feature is a "marry anyone together" mod. I spent alot of time on it for myself, and if im going to
share this at all, im leaving this in because of the effort.
I took part of that idea from some of the "marry your prisoner mods" that have floated around LL and AGOT forums, but
also to work around some of the stupid marriage mechanics in-game that are either stupidly limiting or wouldnt let me do
what i wanted when the culture/religion the character/dynasty follows would just do whatever the hell they wanted whenever
the hell they wanted. Like.. you made a lover out of some rich dynasty princess thats in line for some land and you romanced
the shit out of her, killed off her lame husband.. and she loves/likes you more than her current leige, yet due to reasons
like "infidel" (due to wrong religion), or "Skills of XX" (i hate that denial reason by the way) or "Political reasons"
(i hate that too by the way) and they wouldnt accept the marriage proposal.. well.. NOW they will.. they have no choice.
Yes its kinda cheaty, but if dont abuse it in the gamee too much, it can make for some very interesting situations.
It might not entirely make them abjucate to you - it could create interesting split kingdoms.. so use and plan at your own risk.

I also did create a defines file for the younger marriages along with some other minor age related changes like the idea from
genericlogin's christianity mod, where characters are considered adult sooner, BUT due to some not liking that.. the file
is left "off"... if you want it.. go find it under \common\defines\ and rename it to remove the ".off" part.

Ok so here is a rough list and description of whats in the mod, including features it already existed and anything thats changed::

Harem religion available from Ruler designer or by converting in-game. (in-game not fully tested, mainly used from designer)

Have up to 50 wives (yes 50.. i wanted more by default)

Hold Rallies to promote the religion - also pretty sure I disabled the AI from doing this (vassals and whatnot, i didnt want them
doing it and i found out at one point they were and made attempts to disable it)

ZERO family marriage restrictions (optional younger limits)
Some relaxed limits on marriage (not counting the force marriage function)

With the Seduction focus, seduce anyone and who you want (not counting your existing wives, seduce them beforehand) - I believe
I also fully disabled the player character getting hit with "cheating" type of debuffs from his own wives and lovers and wont
have all of the lovers drop off the list if caught and/or if a bastard pregnancy is discovered.
AI shouldnt be able to take Seduction at all.

Also created a custom culture - Focused for more western european based characters, I did this mainly to get around the
lame name creation and used more normal "modern" names. You dont have to go with the culture, its optional but available
to choose in the ruler designer if you want.
Shouldnt be able to be taken by AI's without your influcence/spread making it happen.

Left in the mercs/holy orders you can hire, but I tweaked their troop loadouts slightly.

Renamed ALOT of things.. no offense to Beo but I didnt care for alot of the names of things so I changed them.

Something I tried to fix as well was the religion icon not showing up from the previous game version, which resulted in
it being changed... but still noticible and different from the other ingame religions.

Credit for the original idea and base coding of the mod does to Beornwahl, and some other ideas for things included in the mod
come from others such as genericlogin, creampie, and modders on the AGOT forums (iv lost the link to the orig post i found
there so i cant name them specifically at this point).

HT pub.7z

Archived