[mod] [CK2] Harem Kings

Beornwahl

Crusader Kings II modification

For such a powerful ruler as yourself - one woman is just not enough!

• Features
  • Requirements
  • Installation
  • Recommendations

Removing restrictions and adding some fun -
this mod aims to bring Harem Love to the Medieval Era.

Base features:
Create a new religion where you can have up to 50 wives at ones.
Hold Rallies to promote your new Harem religion and spread the love.

Coretex Version

Zero family marriage restrictions (optional younger limits)
Some relaxed limits on marriage (not counting the force marriage function)

With the Seduction focus, seduce anyone and who you want (not counting your existing wives, seduce them beforehand) - I believe
I also fully disabled the player character getting hit with "cheating" type of debuffs from his own wives and lovers and wont
have all of the lovers drop off the list if caught and/or if a bastard pregnancy is discovered.
AI shouldn't be able to take Seduction at all.

Also created a custom culture - Focused for more western European based characters, I did this mainly to get around the
lame name creation and used more normal "modern" names. You don't have to go with the culture, its optional but available
to choose in the ruler designer if you want.
Shouldn't be able to be taken by AI's without your influence/spread making it happen.

Requirements:

- Way of Life, DLC expansion.
- Sword of Islam, DLC expansion

Installation:

Harem Kings:
Place the 7.zip file somewhere like your desktop
Extract the harem_kings1.0.mod file (which is inside the 7.zip) to your desktop - then delete it in the 7.zip folder
Now extract the 7.zip folder and the .mod file to the Crusader Kings mod destination:
C:\Users\WhateverUserNameYouHave\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

If the "mod" folder doesn't exists - make it.

Now all you need to do is 'check' the box besides "Harem Kings" when starting the game.

Recommendations:
ReMeDY works
DarkWorld by dewguru - the one.

Mod originally inspired by:
Gutenmod by GutenTag - the ability to remove silly restrictions.
Godless Kings by Malafein - for religion making and event build.

FAQ:
Q. If this mod has just been posted why would there be a FAQ section?
A. Quiet you!!!
Q. I can't seduce anyone, help, HELP!!!!
A. did... did you... you know... choose the seduction focus???
Q. This mod is very historical inaccurate!
A. Well, your mom is very corpulent! and... yours is not even a question...
Q. What is the meaning of sentinel reflection?
A. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Q. Why are the files packed liked this ungodly way.
A. No oher reason than I like them to look organised next to my steam mods... and space saving.
Q. So are you a huge harem anime fan O.O <3 ???
A. No. I'm just sitting here waiting on Log Horizon and Rick and Morty.
Q. What's with all these FAQ??
A. Good question...
Q. Why did you make this mod?
A. Player freedom is everything! Restrictions are silly guidelines for silly people how are incapable in controlling their own actions. People who cannot entertain an idea without accepting it. It was also nice to be able to give something back - I've just been downloading so far...

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/22/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    Crusader Kings 2, DLC Way of Life, DLC Sword of Islam

View File

File only reached 1.0 today. If you are still unable to create the new religion let me know.

To start the new faith go to intrigue tab and click the new become harem lover option, then a new option should open up to create a new religion.

Harem-for-All

Able to have multiple seductions going on at once, but no option for multiple wives with a male ruler

Harem Kings

Been starting multiple games, never receiving the option to start the religion

No multiple seductions.  Probably because the religion has not started?

I have had the merchant show up in both.  Now realize this is from the AB mod.

From "Harem_decisions.txt"

#Conditions for the decision to appear: Either be Closeted Atheist or have a spouse or consort that is None.

How can you be an atheist or have no religion in the game?  Could this be why the religion is not coming up as an option under Intrigue?

Played 5-10 years each time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been having a problem and don't know if it's intended or not but, I can't seduce anyone unless they happen to have their religion as harem even if I set seduction as my characters focus.

that is because the seduction focus requires the target to be of the same faith/faithgroup

I've been having a problem and don't know if it's intended or not but, I can't seduce anyone unless they happen to have their religion as harem even if I set seduction as my characters focus.

This is actually not intended. I removed the religion barrier in regards to seduction:

allow = {

NOT = { trait = celibate }
NOT = { FROM = { trait = celibate } }
religion_group = FROM
is_within_diplo_range = FROM

I checked the file, and it was still be removed.

My guess is you may have another mod that alters the way_of_life_decisions file.

If not, remove my mod, and replace it only with a version found on this site - so not the steam, or nexus version.

Then again - if all else fails, open the way of life file yourself and remove the red line.

Having a problem where marriage with anyone putside court is impossible as it comes up with the 'would not consider marriage proposal from infidels', any suggestions?

In the Loverslab download file, only some of the other great religions have been modified to allow them to intermarry with the Harem religion: such as Catholic and Sunni. Some of the minor religions have not been modified for intermarriage. 

If it's still, however, impossible to marry such religions as Catholicism due the "infidel" barrier, then something is wrong with either your load-order or version of the mod.

I suggest that you check the following file:

\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings II\common\religions 00_religions

The line "intermarry = harem" must be present under the religions you wish to interact with.

Though it should already be as such.

Sorry for another question, upon installing the version uploaded on here and not the steam version, I get the option to tick the mod in the CK2 launcher, but the option to create the religion is not present in game. Sword of Islam is installed, along with way of life. No other mods are present, so that should not be a problem.

Sorry for another question, upon installing the version uploaded on here and not the steam version, I get the option to tick the mod in the CK2 launcher, but the option to create the religion is not present in game. Sword of Islam is installed, along with way of life. No other mods are present, so that should not be a problem.

Now this is getting interesting... do you have any other mods installed?

• 2 weeks later...

Strange I cannot have multiple wives. With either version it doesn't allow me to marry another person.

Same problem here, i have even created the new harem religion, but when i click arrange marriage option, i cant put my ruller into second marriage

Do you have the Sword of Islam dlc installed?

Archived