OSex+ The Greatest Virtual Sex Ever

I am fairly familiar with the Osex programming and I don't remember CEO putting anything in there that had something to do with converting female enemies into males, in terms of roles.

Hmmmm.....

If so, then I think Skyrim's random characters generator templates (EncBandit03TemplateMelee and everything related to it, this and all other related FormIDs weren't changed by the npc mods I'm using nor anything else) could be the guillty, after all, the sex is male in the templates. Even when the actual female bandit/forsworn/etc npcs have the "traits" box unchecked so they don't use the male traits of the template, and can appear as females in-game with body, voice, anim and the like, which does happen, 0Sex, I think, reads the template traits data instead of the generated female npc traits data.

I agree with you that it was clearly unintended.

Bug report: If you play as a male character and try to start a scene with a female bandit/witch/forsworn/thalmor trooper/necromancer, the female (which looks, talks and moves like skyrim females do) will be considered as a male by 0Sex (do something to) him instead of (do something to) her. After the initial embrace, when I looked at the UI to see what could my male char and the female bandit do, I noticed that the female was considered as a male, despite the fact she hugged my character like females which are considered as females by 0Sex do.

I didn't want to progress any further and ended the scene, then, I checked similar types of female npcs (1 forsworn, 1 thalmor trooper, 1 witch, 1 necromancer and Aela, just Aela appeared as female), I immediately exited Skyrim, checked my female enemy npc mods I'm using in the CK (the mods are several female npc mods made by sidearmf93 at Cafe Naver), and I didn't find anything that could make females be considered as males, except for this: I did notice that in the npc templates, both the ones belonging to vanilla Skyrim and the ones belonging to the mods, the sex can't be chosen (the option is greyed out) and it's male by default. As far as I know, grayed options aren't taken into account, but somehow 0Sex does. Curiousely, only female npcs which are randomly generated are affected. I don't know if this is related to the bug or not, or if it can be fixed/worked around, but here's my report.

*Edited to avoid misunderstandings.

There are two different Papyrus script functions for getting an NPC's sex:

GetActorBase().GetSex()

GetLeveledActorBase().GetSex()

I believe the first command, while it works fine on normal NPCs, will not always work on generic NPCs constructed from leveled lists, so you have to use the other command instead. I've run into the problem of generic female NPCs being identified as male before and fixed the problems by making sure the scripts used the correct functions.

Hi here

I just discovered the mod an hour ago, and i have to admit that it is really impressive.

I tried it, but I did not managed to make it work.

Everything seem to be well installed, the problem is that when I manage to start a scene, the to characters just go exactaly at the same place, stand up and just don't do anything.

I tried to ask them to do everything I could, they did not move..

I'me sure it is a commum and easy to fix problem. 

Sorry if their is already the solution somewhere, i'm french and it is quite hard to search into that massive website!

I think CEO needs a big flashy sign telling users to run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe and if they don't characters will not animate. I've only been looking closely at these threads for about a month and the amount of times this missed step comes up is crazy, mostly in the nexus. x'D

Haven't seen him post in a while by the way, I kinda miss his interesting detailed posts.

Check how to execute FNIS for users. It's one of the mods you had to install AND run, there's explainations on how to everywhere. If that doesn't solve it come back.

I was wondering if there could be a sort of a small test plugin just to let the 0Sex user to know that 0Sex have been installed correctly and is working in-game. :)

What would this plugin do from your perspective? Do you want it to tell you if you installed the required mods and ran FNIS correctly? I dunno, I reckon such a plugin would have the same requirements minus FNIS to run so that's pointless. And I have doubts on whether missing animations can be detected. 

GetActorBase().GetSex()

I believe the first command, while it works fine on normal NPCs, will not always work on generic NPCs constructed from leveled lists, so you have to use the other command instead. I've run into the problem of generic female NPCs being identified as male before and fixed the problems by making sure the scripts used the correct functions.

This would be a good solution for the bug, in case it can be applied.

GetActorBase().GetSex()

This would be a good solution for the bug, in case it can be applied.

You mentioned bandit/witch/forsworn/thalmor trooper/necromancer. These are non unique NPCs. You should have the same problem on female guards. Would you mind testing that for me? My game doesn't exhibit the issue.

I'm on it, Migal.

EDIT:
Yes, you're right, female guards have the issue too, I tested female vampires and they have the issue too. Definitely, the affected female npcs are the non-unique npcs.

NiOverride Heels Patch

NOTE: This is not an official patch. CEO has been gone for a while so I can't run this by him, but I would appreciate a couple testers trying it in their game.

Required: OSA 1.085B (latest Nexus version)

Installation instructions:
1. Use NMM or manually unzip and drop the files into their proper folders.
2. Overwrite files when asked (it should only be two files).

Purpose:
This patch attempts to solve OSex vertical alignment issues for actors wearing NiOverride heels when OSex is started.  It does this by scaling the actor smaller to compensate for the heels.  It should work for kissing alignment, but I can't judge what will happen with the lower body because I don't personally use SOS.  Super tall heels may make the heel-wearing NPC considerably smaller than a non heel-wearing NPC.  Meaning, it may be possible for certain NPC/heel combinations to make an OSex SOS unit appear to be too big for the heel-wearing actor to survive.

HDT heels:  I worked on it for a while and decided HDT heels are implemented in a way I will not support.  They are stressful on your game, whereas NiOverride heels are no more stressful than vanilla shoes.  Once you know how to do it, HDT heels can be converted to NiO heels in less than 60 seconds.  The instruction videos are here (thanks, Ousnius).  I've converted at least fifty shoe pairs for my personal collection.

Not sure if you are set up to use NiOverride heels?  If you have RaceMenu, you can use NiOverride heels.

Preview:

Short Breton female in heels:
post-23801-0-44415100-1475537234_thumb.jpg

Tall High Elf female in heels:
post-23801-0-04469000-1475537248_thumb.jpg

OSA-NiOheels-patch.zip

I'm on it, Migal.

EDIT:

Yes, you're right, female guards have the issue too, I tested female vampires and they have the issue too. Definitely, the affected female npcs are the non-unique npcs.

I will do some testing.  I need to make sure it's a bug and not a mod conflict.  If I can make a patch, I will.

I will do some testing.  I need to make sure it's a bug and not a mod conflict.  If I can make a patch, I will.

Okay, thanks a lot for the response.

will try this later today, since I have been buggning you guys about this! Thanks a lot for even trying!

/pbh

NiOverride Heels Patch

NOTE: This is not an official patch. CEO has been gone for a while so I can't run this by him, but I would appreciate a couple testers trying it in their game.

Required: OSA 1.085B (latest Nexus version)

Installation instructions:
1. Use NMM or manually unzip and drop the files into their proper folders.
2. Overwrite files when asked (it should only be two files).

Purpose:
This patch attempts to solve OSex vertical alignment issues for actors wearing NiOverride heels when OSex is started.  It does this by scaling the actor smaller to compensate for the heels.  It should work for kissing alignment, but I can't judge what will happen with the lower body because I don't personally use SOS.  Super tall heels may make the heel-wearing NPC considerably smaller than a non heel-wearing NPC.  Meaning, it may be possible for certain NPC/heel combinations to make an OSex SOS unit appear to be too big for the heel-wearing actor to survive.

HDT heels:  I worked on it for a while and decided HDT heels are implemented in a way I will not support.  They are stressful on your game, whereas NiOverride heels are no more stressful than vanilla shoes.  Once you know how to do it, HDT heels can be converted to NiO heels in less than 60 seconds.  The instruction videos are here (thanks, Ousnius).  I've converted at least fifty shoe pairs for my personal collection.

Not sure if you are set up to use NiOverride heels?  If you have RaceMenu, you can use NiOverride heels.

Preview:

Short Breton female in heels:
attachicon.gifBretonHeels.jpg

Tall High Elf female in heels:
attachicon.gifHighElfHeels.jpg

I'm gonna check it now, Migal.
In any case, I'll check possible conflicts from my side as well and report about it.

EDIT:
Didn't work at all, and worse, the scene couldn't even start, I then checked an unique female npc, and the same issue happened.
I'll check my Skyrim install for mod conflicts. Which kind of mods create conflicts with OSA/OSex?

Also, why OSex isn't available here in LL for downloading?

In my opinion, it should, because this website offers a more "natural" environment for it.

I may, perhaps, understand why you guys want to make it a "Nexus exclusive", but I think you should add a download link here as well, after all, part of the development team, development, and feedback, is/is made here as well.

I'm gonna check it now, Migal.

In any case, I'll check possible conflicts from my side as well and report about it.

EDIT:

Didn't work at all, and worse, the scene couldn't even start, I then checked an unique female npc, and the same issue happened.

I'll check my Skyrim install for mod conflicts. Which kind of mods create conflicts with OSA/OSex?

Also, why OSex isn't available here in LL for downloading?

In my opinion, it should, because this website offers a more "natural" environment for it.

I may, perhaps, understand why you guys want to make it a "Nexus exclusive", but I think you should add a download link here as well, after all, part of the development team, development, and feedback, is/is made here as well.

If it were to be posted here, it should be in the downloads section, but that's up to CEO.

We post patch tests in this thread, because we don't want them released to the general public without some testing on machines other than our own.

The change I made in the non-unique patch didn't mess my OSex up at all, so something else may be the cause.  I would try loading the game and seeing if it still doesn't work.  If it doesn't, then you'll need to open the original OSA 1.085B zip file and grab the two files you replaced with the patch.

I ran debug traces and can say with absolute certainty that the patch allows OSA to recognize sex on non-unique NPCs.  If that didn't fix your problem, something else is causing it.

"If it were to be posted here, it should be in the downloads section, but that's up to CEO."

Oh, I see, though I think it would be good to see a DL option for 0Sex here as well.

"We post patch tests in this thread, because we don't want them released to the general public without some testing on machines other than our own."

I get that, but I don't see how an officlal download can't/won't be added here as well, when patches are submitted here, as you just said.

"The change I made in the non-unique patch didn't mess my OSex up at all, so something else may be the cause.  I would try loading the game and seeing if it still doesn't work.  If it doesn't, then you'll need to open the original OSA 1.085B zip file and grab the two files you replaced with the patch.

I ran debug traces and can say with absolute certainty that the patch allows OSA to recognize sex on non-unique NPCs.  If that didn't fix your problem, something else is causing it."

Okay, I'll get a backup of my Skyrim with just basics installed, then I'll report here with my findings.

EDIT:
No luck, I still have the issue. Here's the most basic load order I could test 0SA/0Sex on:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - No Homes - Full Version.esm
OSA.esm
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
FNIS.esp
XPMSE.esp

Although my 0SA/0Sex aren't the most recent ones (1.084C both of them), I don't think that these versions could even cause such issues.

Are you sure you were using 1.085B?  CEO made a change between 1.085 and 1.085B having to do with faction checks and I'm wondering if it is involved.

Hmmm, that explains it. Okay, it's time to update both 0SA and 0Sex. Thank you for your help, Migal.

This mod is simple breathtaking the amount of work and effort gone into this is crazy, and words can't commend everyone who was involved in it enough, I really want to check this out, I've been following it for a good while.

I've been holding off because a while ago I read something about this isn't so nice when trying to update to a newer version mid play through? Is this issue fixed now? Can one start a game with Osa and Osex and update mid play though with any future updates to come?