UUNP vs UNPB

deravian

UUNP is the exact same as UNPB, in that UUNP is every relevant UNP mod rolled into one and everything in between. Hence "Unified UNP". If you're a user of any type of UNP variant, there is zero reason I'm aware of to be using anything but UUNP going forward. It's literally the bodyslide version of CBBE.

now if we only had a dedicated forum section where all things UUNP could be collected... ;)

I think it would get kinda messy, because not everyone uses base static UUNP body, and more or less use UUNP as a stepping stone to quickly convert armors to other bodies, so threads may have links to both a UUNP conversion as well as the bodytype the modder uses themselves

Also, screw UNPB. Go with UNP Top Model (also available in UUNP) It's the real best UNP body type.

:ph34r:  /me runs away before people start arguing about body types

Yep!

but the least armor conversion...the struggle is real

now if we only had a dedicated forum section where all things UUNP could be collected... ;)

I think it would get kinda messy, because not everyone uses base static UUNP body, and more or less use UUNP as a stepping stone to quickly convert armors to other bodies, so threads may have links to both a UUNP conversion as well as the bodytype the modder uses themselves

Almost all UUNP mods I've seen so far are made with bodyslide in mind and not for the stock UUNP body so it wouldn't really get any messier than a collection of CBBE bodyslide conversions...

Yeah i meant UUNP Bodyslide. Single body conversions made with UUNP shouldn't be called UUNP, since they are clearly missing the "unified" part. :)

I use UNPCM and convert UNP bodies to it though I try to stay away from bodyslid stuff as the bodies tend to blow up in the clothing converter because of what bodyslid does to make things work. I use mesh rigger to add TBBP plus belly node to the armors/outfits.

Mesh Rigger is superior to the weight copy of Bodyslide but the conforming part of Outfit Studio is superior to clothing converter. The quality of an UUNP conversion is really dependant on the ability and patience of the converter. I invite you to check out the perfection that can be achieved with Bodyslide.

Yeah i meant UUNP Bodyslide. Single body conversions made with UUNP shouldn't be called UUNP, since they are clearly missing the "unified" part. :)

Yeah, that's really kind of annoying. I've just finished re-converting a great mod that someone else did a really nice job of using UUNP...which they then released as a single custom preset  :dodgy:  

It seems a few folk are a bit slow on the uptake  :rolleyes:  

Yeah, that's really kind of annoying. I've just finished re-converting a great mod that someone else did a really nice job of using UUNP...which they then released as a single custom preset  :dodgy:  

Well I kinda get why it's so slow. Considering how many different UNP variations and extra sliders UUNP incorporates it seems like a giant pain in the ass to make UUNP bodyslide conversions.

Well I kinda get why it's so slow. Considering how many different UNP variations and extra sliders UUNP incorporates it seems like a giant pain in the ass to make UUNP bodyslide conversions.

Sure. But if we're going to the trouble of releasing UUNP conversions of  armor sets, especially modular ones, and don't spend the extra hour or two covering all the sliders, we're back to square one with different sets not being interchangeable again.

The one I've just done had 8 chest pieces, 3 stockings, 2 boots and 1 pants. It took roughly 3 hours from changing it all back to the reference UUNP shape (thanks Clothing Converter) then tweaking all the sliders for clipping, and that took longer because the boots and pants are slim fitting and it was a bitch to get clipping sorted for those pieces.

But now I can wear any single piece of the entire set with any single piece of any other properly converted UUNP-based set.  I can even use the original converter's custom preset if I want to (or I could if they'd released a preset rather than a body mod :dodgy:  ). And I can adjust all of it in game.

This is the wonder of UUNP, and anybody not giving it proper due are shooting themselves in the foot. 

There's a lot of sliders and tbh i probably don't care for over half of those bodies, but that's besides the point. If a person just cares about one body, they should still release it as a full UUNP conversion (maybe with a note what bodies have/haven't been optimized), because most of the work is done by then, assuming they paid enough attention to weighting and conforming.

My naive hope is that if someone else is really into a certain body, they will do the necessary adjustments to the sliders and post them so they can be integrated to the conversion, but yeah...

Archived