[DOA5LR] Timmy's Private Stash, Tips & Tools - UPDATE(11/21/18): Kinky Overalls

attachicon.gifmil2.jpg

Tim, thanx for your tool and I'm using it very usefully.

Anyway I think I found a little error and can you check it please?

attachicon.gifaaaaa.jpg

attachicon.gifmil pose.7z

You are most welcome Harry.   I'm very happy that you are finding it useful.

As for the weird normals on her hand, I think I know what's happening with it.  For now if you try 0.4.4 it should not have such problem.  I will work on a fix in the mean time.

Thanks for the issue report!

"Breasts Copy Machine" from here can technically do that, but when I try using it to bring the boobs from holdenmcclure's release over to other models, what always happens is bits of the new body clip through clothing and looks ugly. I would need to use a separate 3D modelling program like Blender and all the requisite plugins to work with DoA5's files to either move the clothing vertices out of the way, or copy a list of the indexes of just the vertices I want moved rather than the whole body.

Okay, I think I fixed the issue with odd normal on Harry's Mila posed model's hands now.  Converter tool has been updated to version 0.4.6 to address issues surrounding neck vertex normal handling.  Big thanks to Harry Palmer for pointing out the issue.

Short version:

Change Log

V0.4.6
- Modified the "recompute normal vector" post processing functionality's neck ring normal vector back up to only back up possible neck vertices with a bounding box.
- The auto neck ring normal vector back up and restoration is no longer performed if "Automatically Correct Neck Vertices.." is enabled.

Long version:

In version 0.4.5, I tried to make the post processing with recompute normal vectors a bit easier by simply backing up the top 3 rings of neck normals (~66 vertices) and restoring them after normal vector recalculation is done.

The way the tool determined where the "neck vertices" are is to simply look at the very top 66 vertices.  Now this works well for normal models in their default T pose (the pose seen in Noesis and any editing software if the model is exported to OBJ or blender plugin) since necks are always at the very top in this case.   However, this can be a problem for Harry's Pose Fix tool since now people can move parts freely, so hands can be above the neck/head etc which screws up the algorithm.  This issue has been addressed.

post-781013-0-44343700-1458358433_thumb.png

I have also added log messages to indicate that the normal vector for neck rings have been backed up and restored, so it is more transparent in letting the user know what the tool is doing for them.

post-781013-0-20956800-1458358434_thumb.png

The issue is that with the old implementation, the tool only looks at the top 66 vertices.  If a hand is posed like Harry's Mila model, the top 66 vertices are no longer the neck area, which is why the normal vectors are all messed up on the arm since the tool backs them up and puts them back after normal vectors are recalculated.

The new implementation places a little box on top of the model so it only looks within a region where the neck vertices can possibly be to avoid the same kind of situation again.   This will hopefully avoid tool mistaking non-neck vertices as neck vertices in the neck normal back-up/restoration process.  (There should be no change in behavior if you are just editing a model in its default T pose, the neck should be fine after recompute normal vectors is used.)

post-781013-0-55796700-1458358435_thumb.png

As a precautionary measure, I've made it so that if "Automatically Correct Neck Vertices.." is enabled, the tool does not back up and restore neck ring normal vectors.  Since there are many ways to pose a model and other body parts can be above the head and in the little bounding box I defined, this should provide a good alternative method to fixing neck rings - the neck rings should still have correct normal and position vectors after the automatic repair process, unless the neck has also been modified/posed.

post-781013-0-20766600-1458358431_thumb.png

The following setting can be used to easily repair messed up normal vectors on the arm.  This is a gentle reminder that all of the post processing functionalities can be used individually and independent of any TMC<->OBJ related functionalities.   

You can do your editing using Blender plugins, OBJ or any other methods that you have, and once you are done editing, you can simply drop the edited TMC onto the tool and start updating normal vectors with a few clicks.   I encourage you all to use these methods to update normal vectors so that they have accurate lighting and shading information.  It can make some difference. :D  If you are editing in Blender, for instance, with these post processing methods, you no longer have to remove duplicate vertices to get rid of seams.

post-781013-0-92002600-1458360509_thumb.png

Be sure to select the correct TMC Mesh Group you wish to perform the selected tasks on, or choose "All Groups(Single OBJ)" to perform the tasks on all groups.

Screenshot of the fix - 

post-781013-0-74447500-1458359808_thumb.jpg

The updated tool can be found here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50997-doa5lr-timmys-private-stash-updated-101015/?p=1346825

Raz's new overalls mod reminds me of an old pack that I created a while ago that is a little bit kinkier..  :bush: (with the master of P's approval)

I have been going back and updating my old mods with my new post processing methods whenever I have time (but I seem to always be fixing bugs LOL).

Some of the results are quite dramatic.  Take my overalls for Marie for instance, when I made this mod I did not have easy access to normal vector updating since the recompute normal vector functionality has not been fully functional until version 0.4.0+.

post-781013-0-82560600-1458363623_thumb.png

The M button and overall lighting and shading become more accurate and natural with post processing, but the difference may be hard to see in still shots.

However, a more dramatic difference can be observed in-game:

post-781013-0-04662200-1458363704_thumb.png

The circled and squared parts show the most difference.  Since the overalls have been pulled down a bit to expose more of Marie, the normal vectors need to be updated to reflect accurate lighting.  If not updated (shot on the left), it remains dark and unnatural looking since this part used to be on top of her chest.  After post processing (shot on the right), everything looks natural again.  Even the M button looks shiner since it has also been moved. :D

"Breasts Copy Machine" from here can technically do that, but when I try using it to bring the boobs from holdenmcclure's release over to other models, what always happens is bits of the new body clip through clothing and looks ugly. I would need to use a separate 3D modelling program like Blender and all the requisite plugins to work with DoA5's files to either move the clothing vertices out of the way, or copy a list of the indexes of just the vertices I want moved rather than the whole body.

Well, it definitely transfers the body over, but yeah, bad clipping and other issues with doing so. It can be useful to see if an outfit would actually expose something naughty, though, in case someone wants to know that before making an outfit mod.

TimmyC, can you teach me how distorted outfit like that ? (Marie)

When I see what you did I think I still have a lot to learn

That overall pull down part was "enhanced" by the master of P, but this kind of stuff I would slowly do by hand as with most costume transfers before transformer tool was available.   It's a very time consuming process unfortunately.   Perhaps the Master of P has a simpler way.

Took me a very long time to make my kinky :bush: modification and transfer Venus suit to other girls long before the tool was available, but the mod itself looks relatively easy to make.

post-781013-0-49061100-1458492117_thumb.png

Most important part is weight assignment once you have pulled something far from the original position, you will need to consider reassigning weight to nearby vertices instead of the original part that it is attached to.

While randomly messing around with my tools and making sure everything works as expected, I came across a very interesting issue with my transformer, but it has a very simple workaround, so I thought I'd share with you guys here while I figure out a more permanent fix if necessary.  So far it seems all is well without having to change any code.

Take Marie's DLC001 costume for example, the transformation looks totally fine in Noesis with the following settings -

Marie to Honoka

post-781013-0-14068300-1458606360_thumb.png

However, it can look a bit messed up in game.  An easy fix is to simply disable "Automatic Collision Transfer"

post-781013-0-82000400-1458495798_thumb.png

Here's a quick comparison.  Since the outfit already has hair collision, there is no hair clipping and all appears to work just fine.

post-781013-0-49054700-1458495805_thumb.png

I'm glad that I wrote the tool in such a way that all these little things can be toggled on/off for people to play with, perhaps, at the expense of usability since having many different controls can easily be overwhelming to users.   I try my best to explain every single control and what they do.  Please let me know if you think anything is confusing or should be added to the tutorial.

With this kind of implementation, however, if you are comfortable with bone tool which is an awesome tool, you can also transform without any of the auto bone/collision transfer and just do the bone stuff yourself too.    Harry's Skeleton Patcher remains an excellent back-up method that has typically and reliably worked for most costumes.

So far this seems to only happen with a few transformations of Marie's outfits.   I think it's safe to enable "Automatic Collision Transfer" for  most other transformations.

I think I need to find something better to do instead of going out of my way to find bugs in my own tools on a Sunday, lol.  

Guest Midas

Automatic bone/collision transfer:

The transformer will attempt to set the bone and collision structure for you if you check the two options. There are, however, times when the automatic transfer does not work well and could cause problems such as auto eject to desktop when the transformed model is loaded. This is the case for a few early player made mods such as my XmasInJuly pack. If this happens, please uncheck the automatic bone/collision transfer and check "Skeleton Patcher" instead. The tool will launch Harry Palmer's skeleton patcher which can be used to fix such issues.

A bit more on what collision transfer really does. This is another unique feature of my transformer. My tool, since version 0.1.6, has the ability to automatically transfer collision for you, but what does it really do? I am sure a lot of you have the same question.

If you transform from a short haired character to a long haired one, and collision information is not transferred, you will have a lot of hair clipping through body issues. If you let the tool transfer collision for you, there will be no such issues.

Here's a quick example of Lisa to Rachel transformation with and without collision transfer

attachicon.giftimmy_transformer_v0_2_5_10.png

A few more examples of Lisa to Marie

attachicon.gifCollisionSetting (1).jpgattachicon.gifCollisionSetting (2).jpg

This is a bit off topic but is it possible to avoid locks of hair from clipping together by adding collision information ? I am trying to make a custom long hairstyle

This is a bit off topic but is it possible to avoid locks of hair from clipping together by adding collision information ? I am trying to make a custom long hairstyle

To tell you the truth I am unfamiliar with hair models since I have not messed with those before.  I would imagine that it works in the same way as models in TMC in that each lock would need its own collision information? 

I think I need to find something better to do instead of going out of my way to find bugs in my own tools on a Sunday, lol.  

Yeah, go take some rest pal, at least on weekends.

This is funny, though. :lol:

Edit:

Unlike the "long finger" case, I see no abnormalities with the bone sizes/positions.

So I took some time to explore Lola's dark wet caves, but DOA5 is calling me again :D

This time, though, was a request to remove parts of the body.   This type of modifications can be done with a very simple method without any advanced knowledge in 3d modeling, so I figured it would be very helpful to give a step by step guide of how such thing can be done easily.

The request is to remove the nipples from one of Helena's nude mesh to create a general purpose mesh, and here's a step by step guide.  I think it should be relatively easy to perform and the same technique can be used to remove parts from multiple meshes and then combine together to form new mesh with the polygon insert tool.

Export the mesh to OBJ with the following steps

post-781013-0-16526300-1458622768_thumb.png

Now the OBJ should be previewable in Noesis

post-781013-0-42920300-1458622769_thumb.png

You can then edit it in your editing software of choice - in my case I use 3ds max since I am most familiar with it.   The same things should be doable in Blender as well, but you will have to make sure to select "Keep Vertex Order" when importing and exporting OBJ in Blender.

post-781013-0-64857400-1458622771_thumb.png

Move the parts you don't want to keep to the front of the model as shown below

post-781013-0-92585900-1458622772_thumb.png

Export the OBJ & import OBJ into TMC

post-781013-0-78051200-1458622774_thumb.png

post-781013-0-13206800-1458622777_thumb.png

Now the model looks like this in Noesis

post-781013-0-16437100-1458622780_thumb.png

Here's how to easily remove parts you don't want to keep with Mr. Dotouku's Polygon tool

post-781013-0-09009200-1458626979_thumb.pngpost-781013-0-03215100-1458626981_thumb.png

The idea is that since the parts you don't want to keep have been moved far from the model, you can use the range specifier in the tool to specify the vertices you wish to delete, and it's easy as 123 :D

Special note on Blender's OBJ import/export - Since I still cannot figure out how to get it to keep normal vectors during import of OBJ and there are seams all over the place after import/export, I want to show you how to easily deal with it with my tool.

If you just import the OBJ Blender exports using my tool, the model looks like this:

post-781013-0-32966000-1458623839_thumb.png

You can get rid of these seams without having to user Blender to remove duplicate vertices (which in turn destroys the vertex order that is essential for the converter to work, but the tool can deal with seams, so it is not necessary)

Load the TMC and OBJ with the same steps as shown above and use the post processing functionalities to recalculate normal vectors, smooth seams and fix neck rings:

post-781013-0-40192000-1458623840_thumb.png

After that, the model should be completely fine.   Please note that the delicious butt crack is perfectly preserved :D

post-781013-0-75132000-1458623841_thumb.png

This is a simple technique that can be used to remove parts from several TMCs and then combine to create one mesh.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

It just occurred to me that some people might want to try to get some hands-on experience with modding DOA5 but lack some important tools to do so. 

I think at the very least you need to be able to preview the TMCs and here's one of the very essential tools to do so.  It's already got the most up to date plugins for DOA5, so it should be good to go once unzipped.

I've uploaded my copy of Noesis Model Viewer and export tool with DOA5 plugins here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yoro5vkjc90oc5h/ModelExport_TOOL_noesisv4157.zip 

If you have issue opening some TMCs for preview this might fix it for you.  Original site for Noesis http://richwhitehouse.com/index.php?content=inc_projects.php

In addition to my own tools, here are some other useful tool suites.

-Harry's tool suite contain some of the most useful tools with very detailed tutorials.

- Harry's Pose Fix tool can be found here

- Mr. Dotouku's tool suite: Harry's Pose Fix tutorial also contains a link http://www.mediafire.com/folder/9zi2gt8dyllaj/doa5mod to the complete tool suite by Mr. Dotouku, and it is where you will find tools such as TMC Polygon Tool, Insert Tool and so on and so forth.  They are essential to DOA5 modding.

- Tool Suite by SF234 of Xentax: A selection of Texture and DLC (Archive Tool) related tools can be found here https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ec6hz31s15fof/5LRTools

- InkReshuffle by Immi http://www110.zippyshare.com/v/cEe4tiyI/file.html

Update 06/06/16

- The latest dat file for use with Archive Tool from the link above that can open and extract/swap the latest DLC contents can be found here https://www.mediafire.com/?krpnabgzzvklyyd

To install this, just unzip and drop the file5lr.dat into your Archive Tool folder to overwrite the existing dat file.

Please let me know if you have any questions.  I might not be able to provide support for these tools, but I can try to point you in the right direction based on my own experience.

Hello! I'm trying to use the character transformer tool to mod some of the girl's outfits to LOD body by putting the lod tmc in the user deined folder but i get the error ERROR] Error loading reference files.  Please make sure the reference files have the same number of vertices and vertices are ordered in the same manner.

Hello! I'm trying to use the character transformer tool to mod some of the girl's outfits to LOD body by putting the lod tmc in the user deined folder but i get the error ERROR] Error loading reference files.  Please make sure the reference files have the same number of vertices and vertices are ordered in the same manner.

The reference files have to have the same vertex organization and number, if you put the LOD test pack I have uploaded in the user defined folder - they should show up on the to and from lists as "UD_<charactername>_LOD" and you should be able to just use these as your references.     I recommend using regular smoothing mode on these test LOD references since they severely lack refinement and I put them together without spending much time at all :D (hence the name test pack.. :D)

We will have to wait for the M of P's updated pack some time in the future.

You can't drop any random TMC in the user defined as your reference unfortunately.

Was it me?  :blush:

Partially :)

As a matter of fact, I have gotten quite a few modding questions as of late and I think the interest seems to be picking up, but there does not seem to be a central location to get all the necessities to get started  which is why I decided to make that post to try and make you guys' lives easier :D

You can thank me later for the inspiration. You're welcome in advance.

*Cough*

Now, seriously. Your tools are wonderful and are very, very helpful. The only problem is that I'm still a newbie. And still don't know my way around the tools and the workflow.

But I'm improving! (I think)

Your work is certainly helping a lot and is very much appreciated. I hope you realise that.

Finally got around to finishing up my update to the Xmas In July pack.   I updated Nyotengu and Helena a while back due to their popularity and have actually started working on other ladies as well, but due to other commitments I have not found time to finish them until now.

When I first made the pack last July, there weren't any tools that could do this kind of stuff, so I had to use my home brew apps with my ultra novice skillz @ 3d modeling, the result was passable at best :D   I've learned a lot since then and have decided to make another update once again to bring the entire pack up to date.    There are still issues with them but I tried my best to hide the redundant bodies underneath by either removing it completely or hiding it in a way that it should be very hard to detect in actual game play.

Updates include:

- Kasumi, Ayane & Leifang have lost their panties :bush:

- Marie, Kokoro & Hitomi have the "redundant body" hidden and weight (physics) reassigned for more natural and synchronous movement with their breasts.

- Helena and Nyotengu have gone all out with maximum Jingle all the Way

- As a bonus, I threw in Helena Jingle all the Way -> Marie transformation

Please note that if you wish to use these with my transformer, you will need to uncheck "Automatic bone transfer" and "automatic collision transfer" and use Harry's "Skeleton Patcher" instead for bone transfer due to the way the pack was made.

Without further ado, here's the part that I hate most, lol.  Pictures inc :D

post-781013-0-32175300-1458762393_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-49767800-1458762394_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-06043600-1458762396_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-41700500-1458762397_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-86901800-1458762398_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-33163600-1458762400_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-60854800-1458762401_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-85796600-1458762402_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-65270900-1458762404_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-10511900-1458762406_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-56245100-1458762674_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-16449100-1458762676_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-81537500-1458762677_thumb.jpgpost-781013-0-91645000-1458762672_thumb.jpg

Update:

Someone found an issue with the new xmas in july v3.1 pack where when Leifang/Kasumi/Ayane get dirty, the dirt map looks messed up on their legs.  A simple work around, I think, is to replace dirt texture with that of a nude model's.  Any one of them should work fine as long as you don't use Honoka's.  

Sorry for not catching this before releasing it, but the fix should be simple enough and all the tools are available on various posts in this thread which can be quickly referenced in my first post should you need to download any of them to perform this step.

The updated pack can be downloaded here http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ul0jsfd6bj0w1o/NewXmasSet_V3_1.zip

For quick installation - replace costumes of the same number specified by the file name in DLC# 358140 with Archive Tool

I haven't had as much time to mess with DOA5 as I'd like, but I hope these will keep you guys entertained for a while :D