View File

So for a while now, I’ve been working on a set of custom-voiced Elin race followers originally intended for my own use, with lines ripped from other games or recorded from games. However, since there’s quite a dearth of followers for said race, I figured I might as well share the file with anyone interested in using them. It’s been a long road trying to flesh them out as much as I can with limited and borrowed assets, but here they are, finally complete! They’re not really Elins, though – they use their own custom race rather than the normal Elin race, so that they can use unique assets without overwriting the default ones, though they still have many dependencies on the original files for assets they didn’t need to make unique. Also, they’re bigger than the normal Elins, and I’m not just talking about their height, if you understand my meaning. If you catch my drift. If you pick up what I’m laying down.

I’m saying they’ve got large breasts.

Well, most of them do, anyway. Neptune doesn’t.

This does, however, mean they are not currently compatible with the Elin idle animation mod that gives the race its own swaying idle, so they will use the same idle as every other female character. An optional file is provided in the downloads that will set them to use the Elin vampire race instead so that they can use the idle animation mod, but the plugin’s largely untested beyond making sure they actually work, and this might cause conflicts if you also use the Elin race and become a vampire, or have Elin vampire NPCs somewhere in your game. Their size scale will be changed, and the ESP also removes the undead keyword from the race so that they won’t be affected by any Turn Undead effects despite not actually being undead.

I’d say it’s a worthy risk to take for the sake of cuteness, though.

- All of them are located in the Temple of Kynareth, Whiterun.
- You can recruit multiple followers with these girls even without a follower overhaul mod, as they use their own follower system. They’re not tested with AFT, but EFF can force recruit them and let them use its features just fine. You just might have some weirdness left after dismissing them that might require resetting EFF to get them to follow you again and remove residual effects.
- They will steal for you, but will not attack innocent people. This is for no reason other than the fact that I had a buttload of “No” responses for every character and nowhere to use them. You’re going to need to strangle Nazeem with your own hands.
- They have plenty of custom dialogue for combat and such, but don’t expect anything too fancy here. Idle lines are limited and they can’t exactly be made quest aware with so little to work with. Plus I have virtually no experience working with scripts so I couldn’t even do such a thing if I had the perfect voice clips.

REQUIREMENTS:
Dawnguard
Elin Race Mod: (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/20121-2014dec09-easy-to-install-starter-packs-tera-elin-race/) Make sure you get v1.4.1, either from the downloads section or the update log.
HDT Physics Extension (Not strictly required, but I can’t guarantee their included outfits and body shape will look any good at all without physics acting on them)
Followers use UUNP Bodyslide body and outfits, so you’ll need UNP outfits if you want to dress them in anything else.

ARCHER FOLLOWER NEPTUNE:

ygz_XHc_H.jpg

*Dwarven rifle not included*

Weight: 10
Preferred equipment: Bows, Two-Handed Swords, Heavy Armor
Starting equipment: Hunting Bow, Iron Greatsword, Hoodie Dress (Iron)
Starting stats: 100 Health, 50 Magicka, 100 Stamina
Perks: Juggernaut (Rank 3), Conditioning, Reflect Blows, Overdraw (Rank 2), Quick Shot, Ranger, Deep Wounds (Rank 1), Light Foot

Based off the character of the same name from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series of RPGs. Though the games themselves are merely passable, I simply adore Neptune, especially the Neptune voiced by Melissa Fahn, and I had to create a version of her I could adventure with in Skyrim. Owing to her main character status in HDN, she has the most dialogue clips out of the four followers, but she won’t transform or anything like that. Though she exclusively wields swords in her home series, she had a number of lines from the first game’s deprecated combat system lending themselves perfectly to an archery-based character, so her combat style is instead that of an archer, who falls back to her greatsword when cornered. Her signature hoodie dress was haphazardly reproduced by a mashup and is identical to iron armor in protection. The mod also features recipes to forge stronger versions of her hoodie dress for each additional tier of heavy armor featured in the vanilla game, each one requiring a piece of the original armor to create. The recipes won’t appear unless you have the requisite armor to craft them.

She’s slightly shorter than the other followers. And yes, her underwear is the canonical cyan-striped color, if you were wondering. You weren’t wondering, you say? Well, too bad. Now you know, and you’ll take that knowledge to the grave.

See a sampling of her voice lines here:

HEALER FOLLOWER COMPA:

a_V3_BBU0.jpg

*Mudcrabs not included*

Weight: 80
Preferred equipment: None
Starting equipment: Woven Heart dress
Starting stats: 80 Health, 100 Magicka, 80 Stamina
Perks: Stealth (Rank 5), Recovery (Rank 2), Avoid Death, Light Foot

Like Neptune, Compa is from Hyperdimension Neptunia. She’s a nurse and one of Neptune’s bestest buddies, and fills the role of team medic. She’ll do the same for you in Skyrim – if she or the player falls below 50% health, Compa will begin channeling an area-of-effect healing spell with a radius equal to the reach of the novice destruction spells for approximately ten seconds. The spell will restore 10 HP per second to all friendly targets and drain 10 magicka per second from Compa. The heal and cost will increase to 15 at level 15, and 20 at level 30. While healing, Compa will be unable to move or fight back, making it important to stay within her range to receive health and protect her from attackers. To help with this, all targets being healed, including herself, receive 300 armor and 50% magic resistance. Compa will continue to try and heal the player’s party until either she and the player are above 50% health or she no longer has enough magicka to cast the heal for the full ten seconds, so giving her magicka boosting enchantments will allow her to heal for longer.

However, having free heals tends to be inherently overpowered, so Compa isn’t as hardy as your typical combat follower to compensate. She normally fights with a giant syringe, but with no spears in Skyrim no adequately stabby weapons exist, so instead she will flail at enemies with her fists. She will start off dealing 5 damage per punch at level 1 and gain an additional 5 damage every 5 levels, up to a maximum of +100 damage at level 100. Not too shabby, and you won’t ever have to worry about improving her weapons or having an enemy disarm her, but you’ll have to give her Fortify Unarmed enchantments if you want her to deal some more damage. She also has no aptitude whatsoever in weapons and armor, so while she will wear any armor you give her, she won’t get any better at wearing it no matter how high her level is. She’ll ignore weapons entirely, which is for the best since she won’t get better at using those, either. If you want to keep her default look but still provide her with useful enchantments, you can craft duplicates of her clothes that have a miniscule amount of armor at a tanning rack. You’ll need Leather, Tundra Cotton, and Linen Piles. Couple of Garnets for the bracelets she’s wearing but you can’t even see.

She’s ever so slightly taller than the other followers. Also, her underwear’s canon too. Plain old white.

See a sampling of her voice files here:

THIEF FOLLOWER LILY:

Lk_GSXi7.jpg

*Dawnbreakers not included*

Weight: 60
Preferred equipment: One-Handed Swords, Light Armor
Starting equipment: Steel Sword x2, Lily’s Armor (Leather)
Starting stats: 100 Health, 50 Magicka, 150 Stamina
Perks: Armsman (Rank 3), Dual Flurry (Rank 2), Dual Savagery, Fighting Stance, Unhindered, Wind Walker, Agile Defender (Rank 2), Light Foot

Based off a friend’s original character, who originally made an Elin follower mod featuring her and shared it with me, and I ran with it. Unlike Neptune and Compa, Lily’s voice clips are ripped from the character Estellise Sidos Heurassein, from Tales of Vesperia for the Xbox 360. Getting clips from that game was not as easy, requiring me to record them myself by outputting audio from a TV and recording them with a laptop. She doesn’t have as many unique lines as Neptune or Compa as a result, though still quite a few.

Orphaned at a young age, Lily had to take to thievery to survive in the streets. Now she seeks to make her fortune adventuring with her twin sister instead, though taking both with you is optional. She's always eager to help and loves travelling with friends. Lily prefers to dual-wield swords, though she doesn’t have perks specific to any one-handed weapon type. She deals a lot of damage, but doesn't have as much health and can only tank hits with her face in terms of defense, so it's up to you to provide a distraction or incapacitate foes. The original character Lily was also a healer, but there’s no need for two healer followers here. Like with Neptune, there are additional versions of Lily’s armor you can craft at a forge, one for each additional tier of vanilla light armor, requiring the base armor to create.

She comes with her favorite pink scarf equipped, and is also holding onto a pair of pink stockings you can have her equip or take away, if you don’t want every follower here to be wearing stockings.

BERSERKER FOLLOWER VIVI:

GVNiho2.jpg

*Scythe not included*

Weight: 90
Preferred equipment: Battleaxes, Light Armor
Starting equipment: Steel Battleaxe, Vivi’s Armor (Leather)
Starting stats: 110 Health, 50 Magicka, 100 Stamina
Perks: Unhindered, Wind Walker, Agile Defender (Rank 2), Deft Movement, Barbarian (Rank 2), Champion’s Stance, Devastating Blow, Limbsplitter (Rank 3), Light Foot

The other original character from the original follower mod. Vivi’s voice clips are also recorded from Tales of Vesperia, this time from the character Rita Mordio. Thus, she doesn’t have as many unique lines as Neptune and Compa, either.

Vivi is Lily’s twin sister, and is fiercely protective of her. Unlike her sister, she's brash and impatient, but enjoys companionship as well, though she'd never admit it. The original character wields a large scythe, so she will favor battleaxes in combat so that she will be able to make full use of a scythe should you install a mod that makes one available, like Lilith’s Sickle. She’s a little tougher than Lily, can block, and has better health growth than she does, so she should be a bit hardier in combat. Her armor can be upgraded just like Lily’s and Neptune’s. Note that her Deft Movement perk requires a light helmet and she doesn’t come with one, however. Open-faced helmets and hats tend to look really funky on characters using the Elin head, so I suggest an invisible helmet mod or something that changes perks to not need helmets.

She wears a yellow scarf to Lily’s pink, and carries yellow stockings you can choose to have her wear.

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Neptune, Compa, and Lily can't close their eyes all the way when blinking. Nothing I can do about that right now, the Elin race's eyelid doesn't match the mesh for the wide-eyed shapes.
- Like other NPCs with custom voiced dialogue, you need to save and load your game at least once after installing the mod for them to be able to speak.
- Neptune's dress looks a little funky in-game. Will probably redo that at some point.
- Crossbow bolt quivers float off to the side of the followers’ hips due to having no fully up-to-date XPMSE skeleton for the Elin race yet. This can be fixed in-game using RaceMenu and EFF, by force-recruiting them and changing their quiver position in EFF’s Tattoos menu. Might get around to updating the skeleton sometime.
- Compa’s spell will sometimes ignore friendly targets for no reason, as can be seen in her preview video. I don’t know what causes this, so if anyone has any insight to share it’d be appreciated. But from what I understand even the vanilla Grand Healing spell can sometimes weird out like this.
- Compa’s healing is not tested at higher levels, as I have not had time to actually play the game in quite a while.
- Due to the unique head meshes and textures used by the Elin race, they have an unavoidable neck seam. I adjusted the color of their face texture to match the included Fair Skin Complexion texture as best as I can, but it still leaves a seam that can range from unnoticeable to obvious depending on the available lighting. For this reason every follower has something on to disguise the seam, either Neptune and Compa’s full clothing or Lily and Vivi’s scarves.
- Neptune and Compa do have repeating idle dialogue. They’re set to only say them once every 12 hours, but I don’t know if that’s often enough to get annoying. Feedback appreciated.
- Some dialogues are of noticeably different clarity and quality. Most of them shouldn’t be too jarring but some might have slipped through.
- Locational change dialogue when going outside may play even when travelling across the world.
- Their world interaction dialogue (“I have a bad feeling about this”, etc.) will stop playing if you recruit a follower with a vanilla voice alongside them. If I understand the Story Manager right, the vanilla world interaction dialogue takes precedence over theirs, and changing the order of the events in the Story Manager appears to cause a dirty edit so I’m not sure if I want to mess with that.
- I wasn't able to figure out how to make them respond when casting beneficial spells on them. If anyone has insight to share on this or the previous point, it'd be appreciated.

CREDITS:
Race assets:

- Bluehole Studios and En Masse Entertainment for creating Tera Online and the Elins.
- The original authors of the Elin race mod for making all subsequent work possible.
- The 2ch community for their contributions to improving the Elin race mod.
- PsychoMachina for his tireless work updating and improving the Elin race mod and assembling its files in one place for us to use, and providing assistance with all things Elin.

Character assets:

- The voices of Neptune and Compa are owned by Idea Factory, Compile Heart, and NISA for the purpose of copyright.
- The voices of Estelle and Rita used for Lily and Vivi are owned by Namco Bandai Inc. and Tales Studio for the purpose of copyright.
- HHaleyy for Fair Skin Complexion UNP version (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602/?)
- Apachii’s ApachiiSkyHair for the ApachiiSkyHair Human06 hair used for Neptune. (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10168/?)
- Skysims, Newsea, and Zzjay for the Jasmine hair used for Compa and the Evergreen hair used for Lily and Vivi.
- ky0suke for editing a RaceMenu-capable version of XPMSE for use with the Elin race
- Tsunako, artist for Hyperdimension Neptunia for the artwork from which Neptune and Compa’s eye textures are created
- DeviantArt user Saler1 for Lily’s eye texture (http://saler1.deviantart.com/art/MMD-Anime-Eye-download-497922479
- DeviantArt user Amy-ChanNyah for Vivi’s eye texture (http://amy-channyah.deviantart.com/art/MMD-NJXA-3-eye-texture-DL-498895637)

Armor assets:

- The Bodyslide/Outfit Studio team for creating the program, which has been indispensable in creating custom outfits to my liking (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015/?)
- BringtheNoise for Unified UNP (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/38362-project-unified-unp/)
- Justice123 for Far East Christmas used in Neptune’s dress (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28900/?)
- Anano for Osare Gothic Lolita, Osare Kneesocks, Osare Panty, Osare Muffler, and Amiella Outfit used in Neptune and Compa’s outfits (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/3496215/?tb=mods&pUp=1)
- Fox6000 for his Fox armor sets, with pieces used for Neptune’s and Compa’s outfits
- Lostdaywalker for UNP Winter Sweaters, used in Compa’s outfit (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19630-ldws-crimson-closet-for-unp-slim-unp-unp-and-unpb/)
- Kurese and Nausicaa for the Lingerie Set’s stockings used in Compa’s outfit (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28714/?)
- LadyHorus for her Guild Wars 2 conversions for Skyrim, with the Illusionist set used as Lily’s outfit (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1138-guild-wars-2-armor-conversions/)
- Samisme74 for the LUSH Gear SexyWaif set’s stockings and boots, used in Compa’s, Lily’s, and Vivi’s outfits (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/40842-lush-gear-sexywaif-clothing-set-bodyslide-cbbe-hdt/)
- The original authors of the Fire Butterfly, Biker Jacket, and Microbikini mods used in Vivi’s outfit

Other:

- Matthiaswagg for her guide on making followers with a custom recruitment system (http://skyrimmw.weeb...odding-tutorial)
- Deck16 for his guide on giving NPCs custom voices (http://deck16.net/po...n-skyrim-part-1)

If I’ve forgotten anything, please let me know! I am just a mess at keeping things organized, so maybe a file got left out or I missed a credit? At any rate, I hope these are to your liking!

• Submitter
    Mud
  • Submitted
    08/03/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

Hmm, well, couldn't tell you that, haven't tried it. I did specifically make them to not be tiny and child-like, and obviously they're much curvier and more mature than the default Tera Body, but I don't know what, exactly, SexLab uses to determine what Elins are eligible and which ones are forbidden.

As one of the screenshots shows, they are still shorter than normal women - about the same height as a Breton female. Any larger and their heads are just massive and out of place, I feel.

Thanks, Psycho.

If anyone notices anything off, like a missing texture or a silent voice clip, please let me know. I still have some tinkering left to do, but I want to make sure this copy of the files is fully intact so I have a backup to fall back on.

Important question! What mod do I need to get the deer horns, bunny ears, etc, that the base mod for these followers shows?

Edit: Er, I meant the fur elin race 2 mod. It's a retexture.

Probably made by Nuska over at Nexus.  She's the one that made Ethereal Elven Overhaul and I now she has a resource pack for antlers, animal legs, etc.

Fur Elin Race 2 are textures made specifically for Elin Race 2.

The deer antlers are from TDN Equipable Horns.  You can use the Elin (HDT) Ram's tail with the antlers.

EDIT

@Mud

Curious, you're having problems with some of the followers not closing their eyes completely when blinking.  I thought you meant when they sleep the eyes only close about 98%.  The reason I'm saying this I remember Elin Lydia or my own character not having this issue with blinking and when lydia goes to sleep, I could see slivers of her eyes because they do not close completely, but upon waking, the eyelids appear completely closed prior to her opening them.

I guess I'll tweak the selectable eye morphs.

@Mud

Curious, you're having problems with some of the followers not closing their eyes completely when blinking.  I thought you meant when they sleep the eyes only close about 98%.  The reason I'm saying this I remember Elin Lydia or my own character not having this issue with blinking and when lydia goes to sleep, I could see slivers of her eyes because they do not close completely, but upon waking, the eyelids appear completely closed prior to her opening them.

I guess I'll tweak the selectable eye morphs.

That'd be great. That's a problem I've seen happening with all of the bigger eye shapes since the race first went up. I just assumed they were only able to have one size of eyelid or something.

And yes, you do need the esm active. The followers' custom race copies the main Elin race's morph data to make hairs properly conform to their head shape. And the vampire version straight up uses one of the main races.

There are no scripts involved in the race mod, though, so there should not be any issue with adding them to a game in progress.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing such an awesome mod. Any custom voiced follower is pretty awesome.

But I also have an issue. I seem to be missing textures for Compa's shirt and hair in game. Also I don't have a mesh for Vivi's biker cuirass. Otherwise they sound and function just fine. I've tried reinstalling and also with and without the vampire tweak for the animations.

I haven't seen anyone else post anything similar, making me wonder if I somehow did something wrong. Plus your screenshots clearly have nothing wrong with them.

Those are definitely my goofups, I left a few files and directories in their original locations. I'll include them in the small fix update I'm putting together. I don't seem to be able to get their locational change dialogue for exiting dungeons to only play when actually leaving a dungeon and not just when changing areas in the overworld, so I'll have to rip them out unless I'm able to figure something else out here.

Uploaded fixes and updates. The included XPMSE is now version 3.13, the missing meshes and textures should hopefully be fixed now, and I adjusted the location change dialogue so they should more reliably only say their dungeon exit lines when actually leaving a dungeon instead of griping about being tired every time you cross an exterior location boundary. However, it seems the IsMoving condition does not apply if the player is walking backwards, so they might still randomly use those lines sometimes. I'm still looking for a solid fix there and I don't know if it fully works.

Again, please let me know ASAP if anything's wrong.

Edit: Whoops, forgot about the vampire version's hair textures there. Don't know if anyone's downloaded that yet, but might need to redownload it!

• 5 months later...