So, the first two times I installed this mod, my game crashed immediately, and I had to reinstall the whole game. Are there any other mods I need to get the mod to work on my game? Please and thank you for reading!

All the required mod should be listed on the download page.

If you're crashing before getting to the main menu though, that's a sign that you did forget a required mod. Your mod manager should tell you what's missing.

So, the first two times I installed this mod, my game crashed immediately, and I had to reinstall the whole game. Are there any other mods I need to get the mod to work on my game? Please and thank you for reading!

Also make sure you have your load order correct. 

All the required mod should be listed on the download page.

If you're crashing before getting to the main menu though, that's a sign that you did forget a required mod. Your mod manager should tell you what's missing.

I know I've got the required mods, load order may be exactly what the problem is. How should I organize it, like SexLab first?

Use Mod Organizer. so you won't have to reinstall the whole game

I know I've got the required mods, load order may be exactly what the problem is. How should I organize it, like SexLab first?

Your want LOOT to sort your load order (run every time you add or remove mods)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1918/

and FNIS to make sure all of the animations work properly. (run every time you add or remove mods tha affect animations (aka every time you add or remove mods))

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11811/?

and probably the skyrim script extender (SKSE) so that all of the mods that use it will work properly (just unpack it to your skyrim / data directory, skyrim picks up on it automatically now)

http://skse.silverlock.org/

Also: this mod is for Oldrim: aka not for the Special Edition (speshul edeetion...) so it'l probably cause all sorts of nope if you try that combo.

have fun!

Edit: deleted extra copy-pastes. my v key got a bit sticky....

Hello, I saw in a previous release version that there was animation tagging but I don't see that in my SLEN mod's MCM page.  I've scoured every "tab" in the MCM page and don't see it.

Yeah, it was split out into its own mod and expanded. There should have been a post someplace but maybe it wasn't mentioned in the changelog on the first page.

Lodakai has the link.

animation tagging is handled by SLATE http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3074-sexlab-animation-tag-editor-slate/ by the same author.

Thanks for the link.  If this is a seperate mod, how does SLEN know to use it?  Does this also purposely affect other SL mods?

The reason I am trying to add more animation tags is because I wanted to broaden the animations for SLEN.  You have a list, but I believe each one just uses the same exact animation by default.

For example, if I am playing a male character and I tell a female NPC to ride me, she'll use a cowgirl animation, but it's essentially the same one used no matter how many times I choose that option, correct?  I have SLAL packs and if I were to make a guess, I have possibly 5 or so cowgirl animations if not more and I would like for those to be used when I choose the ride me option.  Every time I choose the option, it would randomly select one.  Does this make sense?

animation tagging is handled by SLATE http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3074-sexlab-animation-tag-editor-slate/ by the same author.

Thanks for the link.  If this is a seperate mod, how does SLEN know to use it?  Does this also purposely affect other SL mods?

The reason I am trying to add more animation tags is because I wanted to broaden the animations for SLEN.  You have a list, but I believe each one just uses the same exact animation by default.

For example, if I am playing a male character and I tell a female NPC to ride me, she'll use a cowgirl animation, but it's essentially the same one used no matter how many times I choose that option, correct?  I have SLAL packs and if I were to make a guess, I have possibly 5 or so cowgirl animations if not more and I would like for those to be used when I choose the ride me option.  Every time I choose the option, it would randomly select one.  Does this make sense?

Well all SL anims are tagged for this type of purpose.  For the mods that use them to know where they apply.  If your other cowgirl animations are missing the tags that SLEN is looking for, then yes.. they will not play and applying the tags should make them available.  The trick is to find out what tag it is looking for in order to apply it to the other animations.   Most cowgirl animations should already be tagged as cowgirl,however.

What you can do to see what animations are available is to  initiate the scene and then press 0.   If the screen just freezes press escape and then press 0 again... otherwise you should see a list of all the animations available for this particular scene.

You can then look at these animations and find the common tags, applying those tags to other animations in SLATE should then make them available for this scene.

Well all SL anims are tagged for this type of purpose.  For the mods that use them to know where they apply.  If your other cowgirl animations are missing the tags that SLEN is looking for, then yes.. they will not play and applying the tags should make them available.  The trick is to find out what tag it is looking for in order to apply it to the other animations.   Most cowgirl animations should already be tagged as cowgirl,however.

What you can do to see what animations are available is to  initiate the scene and then press 0.   If the screen just freezes press escape and then press 0 again... otherwise you should see a list of all the animations available for this particular scene.

You can then look at these animations and find the common tags, applying those tags to other animations in SLATE should then make them available for this scene.

Oh ok, I think I understand now.  Basically the SL mods will use animations based on specific tags.  In SLATE, I will apply tags so that in any SL mod when that tag is called upon, the animation I just tagged in SLATE is a possible choice for the animation used in the SL mod.

Oh ok, I think I understand now.  Basically the SL mods will use animations based on specific tags.  In SLATE, I will apply tags so that in any SL mod when that tag is called upon, the animation I just tagged in SLATE is a possible choice for the animation used in the SL mod.

Exactly, although I'm not sure if 0 gives you a list with the stock Sexlab install or just cycles to the next animation (which I think is normally O (oh) instead of zero). I use Sexlab Tools mod to accomplish the same thing and if you weren't aware, SLEN will list the tags it uses for the various "I want you to" options in the console. Just hit ~ and scroll up until you find the entry.

One thing I have found (it seems) is Sexlab will grab the same animation over and over and not really random a new one, which might be why it feels like you're getting the same cowgirl anim all the time.

Exactly, although I'm not sure if 0 gives you a list with the stock Sexlab install or just cycles to the next animation (which I think is normally O (oh) instead of zero). I use Sexlab Tools mod to accomplish the same thing and if you weren't aware, SLEN will list the tags it uses for the various "I want you to" options in the console. Just hit ~ and scroll up until you find the entry.

One thing I have found (it seems) is Sexlab will grab the same animation over and over and not really random a new one, which might be why it feels like you're getting the same cowgirl anim all the time.

The default key is 0, but you can go into SL MCM to verify the hotkey used to switch animations via list.  Using the console would be handy, thanks for that tip!

One thing I do if I feel an animation is being used too often is temporarily disable it in SL for a few days to kickstart it into picking others.  I'll enable it again after a certain period of time.

So why is it that SexLab doesn't randomize but a mod like Defeat does?

The default key is 0, but you can go into SL MCM to verify the hotkey used to switch animations via list.  Using the console would be handy, thanks for that tip!

One thing I do if I feel an animation is being used too often is temporarily disable it in SL for a few days to kickstart it into picking others.  I'll enable it again after a certain period of time.

0 doesn't give you a list with stock Sexlab, it will just cycle to the next animation.  To get the windowed list of animations you need to have Sexlab Tools or Defeat installed.

So why is it that SexLab doesn't randomize but a mod like Defeat does?

Defeat doesn't "randomize" better or differently than SexLab.  The mod (Defeat, SLEN, Submit, Amorous Adventures, etc) sends a request to SexLab for animations.  The request can be as general as "2 person, MF" or as complex as "2-person, MF, anal, doggy, agressive" and even more variations.  It is completely up to the mod asking for the animations.  Defeat asks for a 2-person, aggressive animation, so the animations found will be quite large (up to the max of 125) which can include anything from anal, oral, vaginal, doggy, missionary, wheelbarrow, scissoring, etc.  SLEN asks for "2-person, MF, anal, doggy, aggressive" will cause SexLab to find a much smaller list.  It is completely up to the mod requesting the animations how specific the request is.

While I'm not sure if it is actually correct, there is a .json file included in SLEN that lists the tags for each dialogue choice.  I don't think the file can be used to adjust the tags SLEN uses however (or at least messing with it did not seem to produce any results, as I couldn't find a "load tags" button on the MCM anywhere.)

Either way that file shows the female asking for cowgirl animation tags to require Sex and Cowgirl tags.  It also requires the animations to NOT have furniture, aggressive, anal or foreplay tags.

I haven't compared that JSON to the console output so I don't know if it is accurate or not, but SLEN is quite restrictive on some of the choices. There are a lot of "All tags = true" and "Exclude tag, tag, tag, tag" lists especially for the "Whatever you want" choice. During one run it seemed everyone wanted anal sex but not cowgirl missionary or doggy. I had 3 anims that just kept playing when 20 some anims were excluded.

Anyway, if that JSON is correct or using the console, knowing which tags are needed and which are excluded help a lot and making a few rules yourself for SLATE let you easily pick out and add some tags to anims.  I tend to add facing to some cowgirl and standing anims that look right, and then add Loving to all of the facing tagged anims so the Make Love to me choices have more options.

The latest version basically makes strapons useless. In some situations I want actions where the two (or three) actors are female and one uses strapon in the role of male, but the latest version forces using female/female animations only. Reverted back to the 20150906 version.

The latest version basically makes strapons useless. In some situations I want actions where the two (or three) actors are female and one uses strapon in the role of male, but the latest version forces using female/female animations only. Reverted back to the 20150906 version.

Are you sure that isn't the sexlab setting to filter gay/lesbian animations? The "I want to look into your eyes" should give you MF and not FF anims, the "I want to make love to you" should be FF only.

Are you sure that isn't the sexlab setting to filter gay/lesbian animations? The "I want to look into your eyes" should give you MF and not FF anims, the "I want to make love to you" should be FF only.

I'm not 100% certain but "Pleasant Surprise" events do seem, when I have more than one female lover on hand, to use a FF couple animation and leave the third to sandbox. I haven't used Dungeon Cleared events for a while, so I can't say for sure about how it works, but all of the other ways that SLEN can initiate sex use strapons in my game (except dialog choices as karlpaws noted).

Addendum: I only just recently updated my SLAL pack from SirNibbles, and it includes a very nice FFF animation, I haven't had it for a Pleasant Surprise yet, but I'm hopeful.

hope that helps