I LOVE SLEN, it's such a great mod, but i do have one small edit i'd like, and i feel a lot of people would agree....

Is there a way, to remesh/retexture Dibella's bow? and make it look like say Auriel's bow, or even a standalone bow.... personally it just feels like for an aedric weapon... the only thing remotely aedric about it, is the glowing translucent effect. otherwise it just looks like a regular wooden bow and with dibella being the goddess of beauty, I would imagine she would make a bow, which itself is beautiful to look at...

I can't seem to find a specific mesh or texture file for it or i'd just rename and replace it with new ones....

Looking at things, it seems it should work if you try putting the mesh from Auriel's bow and put it at meshes\SLEN\DibellasBow.nif.

Though you'll probably need to extract it from the dawnguard.bsa file to find it.

Alternatively, you could make a small mod to slen that will tell it to use a different model.

Turns out it's quite easy to do, since I already had tes5edit open to look for the filepaths, it was just a few quick clicks anyway. So you can just load this esp after slen in your loadorder and it should make it look the way you wanted.

Disclamer: I have not actually tested this myself, but it should work

SLEN-Bow.esp

First post...

I'm really enjoying SLEN, and I have a quick question. 

Is there a way for me to edit the "free pass values" that are attached to each relationship level when a charm is attempted?

I'm finding that with custom followers their default status is often set at "ally" even before they follow you, and once they do they automatically get "ally" status. Even with the charm difficulty set way up and ugliness high as well, it's super easy to successfully charm them. I'd like to increase the role playing aspect of the mod more by raising the default levels you mention in your mod description.

I tried poking about the mod in the Creation Kit and looked at the json files as well, but I couldn't find anything that would allow me to do this. And I searched the discussion here as well, but I couldn't find a place where this was discussed.

Thanks in advance, and again, great work!

First post...

I'm really enjoying SLEN, and I have a quick question. 

Is there a way for me to edit the "free pass values" that are attached to each relationship level when a charm is attempted?

I'm finding that with custom followers their default status is often set at "ally" even before they follow you, and once they do they automatically get "ally" status. Even with the charm difficulty set way up and ugliness high as well, it's super easy to successfully charm them. I'd like to increase the role playing aspect of the mod more by raising the default levels you mention in your mod description.

I tried poking about the mod in the Creation Kit and looked at the json files as well, but I couldn't find anything that would allow me to do this. And I searched the discussion here as well, but I couldn't find a place where this was discussed.

Thanks in advance, and again, great work!

That is something I also have noticed and it did make me stop using this mod, since it is annoying when Vilja/AnnaNpc:s and other custom followers starts to talk to me as we are married.

IIRC, custom followers that have their own individualized relationship systems (ie: they have something other than the vanilla ranks and ways to raise/lower them) won't work well with any mod that raises/lowers the vanilla ranks, including SLEN. I've never used mods like Vilja that work this way so I can't say just what problems arise, I just remember reading about it. The only advice I've seen for dealing with this is simply not to use SLEN dialog options with those npcs (SLEN options are clearly labled making this relatively easy to do imo).

My experience of "less complex" followers is that they work pretty much the same way that vanilla ones do which leads me to believe that the relationship ranks (ie: ally right off) are part of the npcs in question and are not coming from SLEN. For example, If you use SLEN to make Uthgerd the Unbroken a "friend" (rank 1) you can immediately ask her to follow you, and as soon as she accepts she is set to "ally" (rank 3). I think that's because of how other parts of the vanilla follower AI work - relationship rank is integrated into various bits of behavior. Custom followers that use the vanilla mechanic (like Immersive Followers, to take an example that I'm using atm) replicate vanilla followers in this respect. So I'm guessing that to change that you'd have to go into the follower AI rather than SLEN.

Edit: I have used other mods that allow players to increase relationship ranks with npcs (by giving gifts etc) and they have the same outcomes as above, which seems to me to be more evidence that the "problem" is in the npcs and their inner workings and not the mods that influence relationship rank.

Hope that helps.

I thought it was much harder to increase the relationship the higher it got. IIRC, the higher the rank the easier it is for you to ask them for sex.

Followers are set to ally by the game when they become followers, nothing SLEN can do about that. Some of that is based on how the Assist part of the game works. NPCs can be set to assist allies or friends and allies or no one.

Since there is no multiple relationship increase mechanisms in the game (or very few) you'll mostly reach friend status with NPCs with a few confidants. Ally is mostly used for followers and actual.. you know, allies. Lover is normally only reached by actual lovers... well lover, as in your spouse. The NPCs using spouse lines are just acting as the game has them act. Interestingly, there mods like RDO that increase that chance of lover like lines are used by people at rank 4.

I've kinda abused SLEN at times to "romance" various NPCs and then loot their houses or ones that are members of a group and then have access to stuff in the HQ. Its odd that some places the stuff must be owned by a certain NPC and others places its by the whole group when even the 5g items are still (Steal) when 5 people love me.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how to change which animations SLEN will look for when triggering the surprise feature (where a lover might initiate sex after you sleep)?

As a male character all my lovers seem to want to do is shove a finger up my ass; admittedly that would be surprising, but it's not really what I had in mind when I enabled the feature ;)

Anyone know how to change which animations SLEN will look for when triggering the surprise feature (where a lover might initiate sex after you sleep)?

As a male character all my lovers seem to want to do is shove a finger up my ass; admittedly that would be surprising, but it's not really what I had in mind when I enabled the feature ;)

You can do a few things that I know of that do not involve editing the scripts...

When the encounter starts, press 0 to change animations.  This will provide all the list of the animations available within the parameters the mod calls for. (if the screen just appears to freeze, just press escape and press 0 again.  This should make the menu visible normally)

Note all of the animations in the list.

From there you can do one of 2 things.   

1)  Disable all those animations forcing the system to look outside of its parameters and making all the other anims available.

2) Check all the available animations in the list and look for common tags.  Use a program like SLATE to add those tags to other animations you want available for that particular encounter.

You can also probably change the script calls or something, but I don't normally mess with scripts so someone else will need to help you there.

It seems to pick based on how many lovers you have in the area and which 5 or 4 person anims you have available. If you don't have any, it'll drop to 3 person, but you've got a chance for MM getting picked and if you don't have that many MM tagged anims, you'll basically get the same one each time. I think Nibbles Fingering is one that was tagged that way and one of the Kissing anims also, so I change the tags on those so they're only MF.

Otherwise, open the console and use Page Up to scroll up if you need, and look for the GetByTags line and see what it is trying to pick and what it finds.

Hello I love this mod; However, i am having an issue. First my characters lover's arousal will not go down no matter how many times they have sex. Its at 100 as soon as they finish. My character's resets fine though. Can npcs get addicted to sex? 

Pretty sure they can, but that's probably something better asked in the SL Aroused thread.  The other possibility is the anim you are using doesn't have the NPC orgasm so the arousal isn't reset.

Question: Does offering your vampire lover a drink of blood in return for sex use the Vampire Sexual Feeding anims from Sexual Vampire Feeding? If not, consider it. They have an SLAL pack. <3 Just thought I'd point that out.

It can use those anims but SLEN and VSF don't use the same tags.  IIRC Beamer has SLEN using Vampire and excluding .. something I forget now. (or it might be that the vampire tag is excluded in a lot of other requests... I don't like however he did it).

It can use those anims but SLEN and VSF don't use the same tags.  IIRC Beamer has SLEN using Vampire and excluding .. something I forget now. (or it might be that the vampire tag is excluded in a lot of other requests... I don't like however he did it).

From what I know his mod has not fully implemented other vampires feeding on the player, i can never seem to ever get it to work, personally, so I was hoping I could do that here. x3 Oh well.

From what I know his mod has not fully implemented other vampires feeding on the player, i can never seem to ever get it to work, personally, so I was hoping I could do that here. x3 Oh well.

The same author that made this mod has a great mod that edits tags of animations so you might try giving that a shot.

Yeah, someone else just asked about that and I also suggested this cause I couldn't remember player=victim working or not. Using SLATE you can create a rule that looks for anims with his tags and let you add anything SLEN needs, if more than just the Vampire tag.

This is a must have playthrough mod. I have a dozen alies around Skyrim for my female character thanks to this.

But, is their a way I can exclude children from the SLEN dialogue via TESVEdit? I noticed that guards arent in the dialogue, which I d like to expand to kids, it is weird and somehow unethical when they are included in sex talk.

Thx in advance

This is a must have playthrough mod. I have a dozen alies around Skyrim for my female character thanks to this.

But, is their a way I can exclude children from the SLEN dialogue via TESVEdit? I noticed that guards arent in the dialogue, which I d like to expand to kids, it is weird and somehow unethical when they are included in sex talk.

Thx in advance

Kids aren't picked up by SLEN in my game, are you sure you aren't running mods that modify them like killable children mods?  Those mods sometimes remove the child flag from them, which many SL mods depend on to avoid them.

Thx in advance

Kids aren't picked up by SLEN in my game, are you sure you aren't running mods that modify them like killable children mods?  Those mods sometimes remove the child flag from them, which many SL mods depend on to avoid them.

Damn. I m using immersive children. I was prety sure that SLEN dialogue excluded kids and was surprised it suddenly was showing up. Seemst to be connected to me using immerve children since a few weeks.

Any solution how to bypass this?

Damn. I m using immersive children. I was prety sure that SLEN dialogue excluded kids and was surprised it suddenly was showing up. Seemst to be connected to me using immerve children since a few weeks.

I don't use any child AI altering mods myself so I couldn't tell you, just be aware that some mods on LL will simply shut themselves down if they detect modified children for obvious reasons.  If that mod does its thing by removing the child flag it is probably simply an incompatibility.

double

I don't use any child AI altering mods myself so I couldn't tell you, just be aware that some mods on LL will simply shut themselves down if they detect modified children for obvious reasons.  If that mod does its thing by removing the child flag it is probably simply an incompatibility.

Thank you. It is related to Immersive children it seems, but it is a must have for me due to immersion.

Maybe someone reading this can come up with a patch or maybe already has one.

In case you update this mod, maybe you could add an option to exclude NPCs via dialgue, like this I dont have to enter MCM each time I want to exclude an NPC from SLEN dialoue. II d be grateful.

I've made a few little exclusions to the SLEN dialogue myself (AA, SSL, Naked dragon etc etc) it's actually really easy.

I just built a formlist of all the NPC's AA uses (it's just fucking stupid to fuck the brains out of a girl via SLEN and then do the AA quests...) and then added an 'isinlist = 0' condition to the SLEN dialogue quest. Easy peasy.

What you'd want to do is open the CK with just regular skyrim active (or alternately all the mods with kids you want to exclude but NOT with the mod that removes the child flag), make a new formlist, in the object window go to actors and then organise them so that all the children are grouped together. Highlight the lot of them and then drag and drop them into your formlist, save the esp.

Then open Xedit and tick your new esp as well as SLEN. In SLEN open the quest tree and right click > copy as override the dialogue quest and copy it into your formlist plugin.

Now you just have to scroll through the quest (make sure you adjust the override in your new plugin, not the original) until you get to the conditions part and add a new one use the function IsInList and then obviously use your kids formlist.

Hey presto, SLEN will now ignore every kid that you put in your formlist.

I've made a few little exclusions to the SLEN dialogue myself (AA, SSL, Naked dragon etc etc) it's actually really easy.

I just built a formlist of all the NPC's AA uses (it's just fucking stupid to fuck the brains out of a girl via SLEN and then do the AA quests...) and then added an 'isinlist = 0' condition to the SLEN dialogue quest. Easy peasy.

What you'd want to do is open the CK with just regular skyrim active (or alternately all the mods with kids you want to exclude but NOT with the mod that removes the child flag), make a new formlist, in the object window go to actors and then organise them so that all the children are grouped together. Highlight the lot of them and then drag and drop them into your formlist, save the esp.

Then open Xedit and tick your new esp as well as SLEN. In SLEN open the quest tree and right click > copy as override the dialogue quest and copy it into your formlist plugin.

Now you just have to scroll through the quest (make sure you adjust the override in your new plugin, not the original) until you get to the conditions part and add a new one use the function IsInList and then obviously use your kids formlist.

Ok thanks. I just decided I drop immersive children.

Honestly I m bad at CK :(

Well, if you want to mod your games you probably should work on that. ;)

Well, if you want to mod your games you probably should work on that. ;)

Meh, you can do most of the stuff in TESVEdit.  CK is too clunky imo

Fully agree 100% and that is exactly how I do it. It's funny I just said the exact same thing in a pm to Foxfingers just recently.

However, something you NEED ck for and 'some' things, NPC placement / worldspace edits that aren't complete guesses lol etc etc

While they can be done with Xedit are eleventy million times faster in CK.

The Formlist creation is a prime example. Instead of manually copy/pasting 30+ NPC FormID's you can simply highlight>drag/drop>save.

So 15 minutes vs 2 minutes...