Sad day for LadyBody

Kelthos

I hope that we will see this beautiful body replacer in Fallout 4. If only it had been supported more, I would have used this instead of UNPB.

The problem was the author restricted what and what not could be done with the body, so it had very little support.

Even if it gets ported to Fallout 4, it will still get very little support in that game too. 

That was THE biggest flaw with LadyBody. Krista decided that she didn't want anyone to do anything with the body. Armor/outfits made by other modders? No. Conversions? No. The only content for it was created by her -- and as the "creator" of the body, that would have been her right. It just wasn't a very smart move. Not when other people were continuing to create new content that could have enhanced the LadyBody. Then when you find out it was just a lightly tweaked version of Daz3d....well, you get why Krista isn't the most popular girl outside of her cult.

That is the main reason why -- even though I loved the look -- I couldn't get on board with it. I just shrugged my shoulders and went, "Meh, I guess I'll have to live with the low vertices that the original UNP and its offshoots provided.

Then UUNP and the UUNP Bodyslide came along to save my soul.

Apparently Demonica v2 [beta v1.0] is broken. anyone have an earlier version laying around somewhere?

let me guess, you have no body?

that's why there's a readme^^

go to to russian site with google translator

Actually, the game crashes as soon as I select Eva/Lilith.

Dem v2 is only a patch you need one of the full files such as dem 1.6. v2 only adds in the Eva body which loads when you select the male gender for the demoncia race. 

I'm sad to see the english trans go but thats life. I was even more disappointed when krista started to charge people for her ports/texture edits. I think the real lack of support comes from the fact you have very limited options in the face department. TBH if I wanted to post ports for DEM I would and have. I even had part of DD converted at one time. 

Guest ornak

And here comes Papa to explain to those poor fellas who still believe in fairies and magic and unicorns and sh!t why it is this way.

As far as I remember, Krista was bitching about her SUPREME works for TES games ever since Oblivion. I'm russian, so I'm familiar to the russian community of TES to a certain degree, and believe me, I know what I'm talking about. LB could be a fair rival to UNP, because it's indeed surpasses the latter in quality. But poor little girl (well, not so little) who made LB seems to have inferiority complex, as she stated loud and clear that she doesn't want anyone dirty her SUPREME body mod. Exception were 2.5 persons, who somehow managed to acquire her permission. And as a matter of fact, these people didn't manage to make anything noteworthy. And don't even think about converting LB clothing if you don't want the dog to bite your arse.

It is indeed laughable how some people think they are superior to others just because they can handle 3DSMax at the basic level and know about Daz3D. There wasn't a single file release from her where she didn't brag about how her body mod is better than other ones just because it has bazillion of polygons and was made from scratch, when UNP and CBBE and their derivatives are based on vanilla body. Well, poor (not so) little girl didn't understand that content for a body replacer is far more important than the body replacer itself, because users will rather choose an inferior body mod with lots of content instead of superior body mod with little to no content.

It is a rule of common sense that community is above of any separate individual. Krista tried to force her rules and beliefs onto the community, and... well, we have what we have. LB is so unpopular now she has to sell her Daz3D convers... oops, I meant "mods". Instead, UNP and CBBE are flourishing.

Or probably it is her greed. Didn't heard about LB for, like, 2 years, and was kind of surprised when checked Krista's blog. Are there people who really buy stuff from her?

Guest ornak

didn't he wrote on his blog why he took it down? it's pretty clear no?

Oh yeah? Well, in the Ukrainian version of his blog he stated completely another reason. So no, it's not.

It had a lack of support because no one could put up with the person who ported it

does that mean there isn't much for unp top model or dream girl because no one can put up with the person who release it?

few use the unfinished v4 conversion

even fewer know how to make stuff for it

so there's less stuff for it, it's just... common sense

I like how people like to talk with serious look on their faces about stuff they don't know about. I saw many conversions from LB to another mods (even on LL), and almost all were shut down because a certain K was lurking in shadows and barking at anyone who dared to port her mods. It's a matter of principle, not of complexity. Modding is about "make and share". She doesn't want to share? Fine, nobody cares! Skyrim won't disappear if there will be no conversions from/to LB. She can continue to live in her world of perfection.

I kinda like the faces although they could look a bit creepy in a way, but never liked the body, and with barely any armor conversion and customization it's worth nothing anyway, no matter poly count and shit.

Therein layeth the irony. Though LadyBody had an exceptional poly count, it also had more than its share of flaws -- which could have been rectified by other modders had she deigned to allow people to improve the body.

LadyBody's face was one of the bigger turnoffs about the body. It has a terminal case of "same face." No matter what you do, the face tends to look exactly the same with little variation. It's not an altogether ugly face. That said, variety is the name of the game in Skyrim.

I don't know one person that uses all the assets that come with ANY body. You pick your body, then you pick and choose for everything else: eyes, muscle maps, specular maps, texture sets, hair, skeletons and so on. Krista, on the other hand, decided that nobody should be able to make anything for LadyBody, which stunted its growth. Therefore, LadyBody never got to taste the XPMSE without some workarounds; it never got to taste some of the more skillfully made eye, lips, muscles, skin and specular maps created over the past few years -- some of much better quality than the initial LadyBody release.

That is one reason why it's essentially dead now.

I kinda like the faces although they could look a bit creepy in a way, but never liked the body, and with barely any armor conversion and customization it's worth nothing anyway, no matter poly count and shit.

Therein layeth the irony. Though LadyBody had an exceptional poly count, it also had more than its share of flaws -- which could have been rectified by other modders had she deigned to allow people to improve the body.

LadyBody's face was one of the bigger turnoffs about the body. It has a terminal case of "same face." No matter what you do, the face tends to look exactly the same with little variation. It's not an altogether ugly face. That said, variety is the name of the game in Skyrim.

I don't know one person that uses all the assets that come with ANY body. You pick your body, then you pick and choose for everything else: eyes, muscle maps, specular maps, texture sets, hair, skeletons and so on. Krista, on the other hand, decided that nobody should be able to make anything for LadyBody, which stunted its growth. Therefore, LadyBody never got to taste the XPMSE without some workarounds; it never got to taste some of the more skillfully made eye, lips, muscles, skin and specular maps created over the past few years -- some of much better quality than the initial LadyBody release.

That is one reason why it's essentially dead now.

2jdn8na.gif

Finally somebody understand why most people don't give fuck about LB. 

Apparently Demonica v2 [beta v1.0] is broken. anyone have an earlier version laying around somewhere?

let me guess, you have no body?

that's why there's a readme^^

go to to russian site with google translator

Actually, the game crashes as soon as I select Eva/Lilith.

Dem v2 is only a patch you need one of the full files such as dem 1.6. v2 only adds in the Eva body which loads when you select the male gender for the demoncia race.

I'm sad to see the english trans go but thats life. I was even more disappointed when krista started to charge people for her ports/texture edits. I think the real lack of support comes from the fact you have very limited options in the face department. TBH if I wanted to post ports for DEM I would and have. I even had part of DD converted at one time.

Thank you. I did happen to find that.

Oh yeah? Well, in the Ukrainian version of his blog he stated completely another reason. So no, it's not.

why not post a link of that russian blog?

http://blackelf-skyrim.blogspot.fr/

"The ennemies burned hourse. Dig gun. Went to war."

well... google translator and russian... look like he like drama too

I like how people like to talk with serious look on their faces about stuff they don't know about.

like you are doing here?

krista mods got reported as pirated daz content on nexus, and it was taken down

of course, all conversions of the pirated daz content were taken down too, probably reported by demonica fanclub as revenge

you can get a lot of stuff deleted from here for the same reason if you want (like my conversions if i was still uploading them here)

someone gave a link to a site with all those daz outfits converted to unp in a topic where they were saying again "it's forbidden to convert those outfits"

even if they want to, they can't take that down

like they can't take down the few i saw on other sites with pirated daz content (or pirated other things content)

Guest ornak

why not post a link of that russian blog?

http://blackelf-skyrim.blogspot.fr/

"The ennemies burned hourse. Dig gun. Went to war."

well... google translator and russian... look like he like drama too

I don't even understand why there is so much ruckus because of the fact that some mod translator quit Skyrim. Didn't even heard about him until today. And it isn't about drama, he posted a "joke reason". Step-by-step explanation: he joked about his house burnt in the course of the Ukrainian conflict and him taking a gun and going to war. You call it "bad sense of humour".

like you are doing here?

Oh, wow... Such a strong comeback... I give up.

krista mods got reported as pirated daz content on nexus, and it was taken down

of course, all conversions of the pirated daz content were taken down too, probably reported by demonica fanclub as revenge

you can get a lot of stuff deleted from here for the same reason if you want (like my conversions if i was still uploading them here)

someone gave a link to a site with all those daz outfits converted to unp in a topic where they were saying again "it's forbidden to convert those outfits"

even if they want to, they can't take that down

like they can't take down the few i saw on other sites with pirated daz content (or pirated other things content)

http://www.gamezone.com/news/bethesda-owns-the-rights-to-your-skyrim-creation-kit-mods

If you can't into Google, then you are beyond help. Stick to hiding behind the bushes and praying at the Krista's Altar. NOBODY can claim their rights on ANY mod imported into Skyrim with the help of Creation Kit except Bethesda. I advice you to be less ignorant in the future and stop posting some fanboy bullshit just because your personal Goddess of Body Replacers was (rightfully) criticized.

EDIT: In case it hasn't got to you - not Krista, not Nexus administraion and not anyone else except Bethesda can rightfully decide what should be done with one mod or another. Since Krista made her mods public - it's all over, finita la comedia. Now, if she demands someone to put down their mods even if those are based on hers, this certain someone can propose her to shove her demands up her ass.

I don't even understand why there is so much ruckus because of the fact that some mod translator quit Skyrim

because you keep the drama alive?

I advice you to be less ignorant in the future and stop posting some fanboy bullshit just because your personal Goddess of Body Replacers was (rightfully) criticized.

you're a funny one

you think i am with them because i am not with you?

i laught at their rules and that got me in a taunt war with them

and in case it haven't got to you, i laught at your rules too, try to make me follow them if you think you can do it

EDIT: In case it hasn't got to you - not Krista, not Nexus administraion and not anyone else except Bethesda can rightfully decide what should be done with one mod or another. Since Krista made her mods public - it's all over, finita la comedia. Now, if she demands someone to put down their mods even if those are based on hers, this certain someone can propose her to shove her demands up her ass.

Not taking any sides in this discussion, but I would be -very- careful with this statement. I am aware of the relevant EULA clause for the CK, and it is certainly within Bethesda's rights to claim ownership over any file created with the help of the CK, but that applies only to the ESP itself and the compiled PEX files. Many parts of Skyrim mods, such as models and textures, even script source code are created entirely outsides of the CK and claiming ownership over these resources would probably be walking on very thin legal ice, as accepting Bethesta's EULA is in no way necessary to create these assets. As a consequence it could be very well argued that the mod creator retains complete ownership over these parts and can demand them to be taken down whenever they wish. Which would render the entire mod unusable, even if Bethesda claims ownership over the ESP.

Guest ornak

because you keep the drama alive?

...Yeah, right. Another serious comeback. You got me here.

you're a funny one

you think i am with them because i am not with you?

Me? Them? Umm, I think you've completely missed the point. I already said that I would rather choose LB over any other body mod (hell, I even used it long time ago, putting up with author's bullshit), but the overall lack of content which derives from Krista's bad attitude keeps me (and majority of other players) at the distance. There is no "me", "them" or such, you're imagining things. I am dissatisfied with author's point of view: "Do as I say, or don't do at all".

i laught at their rules and that got me in a taunt war with them

and in case it haven't got to you, i laught at your rules too, try to make me follow them if you think you can do it

Ahh, now I understand. You're one of those "Mommy's Little Internet Rebel" people. My condolences.

Not taking any sides in this discussion, but I would be -very- careful with this statement. I am aware of the relevant EULA clause for the CK, and it is certainly within Bethesda's rights to claim ownership over any file created with the help of the CK, but that applies only to the ESP itself and the compiled PEX files. Many parts of Skyrim mods, such as models and textures, even script source code are created entirely outsides of the CK and claiming ownership over these resources would probably be walking on very thin legal ice, as accepting Bethesta's EULA is in no way necessary to create these assets. As a consequence it could be very well argued that the mod creator retains complete ownership over these parts and can demand them to be taken down whenever they wish. Which would render the entire mod unusable, even if Bethesda claims ownership over the ESP.

And here we arrive at a logical conclusion - is there a workaround way to import custom model or texture without using ESP? Only if you are replacing vanilla models/textures, that's how it is. It's called "bureaucracy", pal. Perfectly legal and with no sense at all, yeah.

And here we arrive at a logical conclusion - is there a workaround way to import custom model or texture without using ESP? Only if you are replacing vanilla models/textures, that's how it is. It's called "bureaucracy", pal. Perfectly legal and with no sense at all, yeah.

Yes, overwriting vanilla textures or models is one of the more common examples for mods that can be created without needing any Bethesda tools for. And actually...that's the case for body mods - they overwrite vanilla resources. :P

I could rest my case at this point, but that's not what we're talking about - we're not talking about what can go into the game, we're talking about somebody's right to demand taking down resources from 3rd party websites they (in my opinion) hold full rights for, as they were created without any tools owned by Bethesda, meaning their EULA can't possibly apply to them.

PS: I didn't start the debate about legal technicalities, you did. ;)

Guest ornak

Yes, overwriting vanilla textures or models is one of the more common examples for mods that can be created without needing any Bethesda tools for. And actually...that's the case for body mods - they overwrite vanilla resources. :P

The holy wars around LB are not about the body replacer itself (well, only partially), but rather because of armor/clothing conversions, which are imported via CK.

I could rest my case at this point, but that's not what we're talking about - we're not talking about what can go into the game, we're talking about somebody's right to demand taking down resources from 3rd party websites they (in my opinion) hold full rights for, as they were created without any tools owned by Bethesda, meaning their EULA can't possibly apply to them.

Well, behold - it applies. At the moment you open CK, you give up any right you have to Bethesda. But you should understand, that you give up rights not on your resources, but on resources which you include in your mod. Sounds ridiculous, right? I mean, what's the difference? And the difference is that model you have created is fully yours, but the exact same model is included in the ESP, and this model is now considered "New Material" according to EULA.

Please understand, that Bethesda doesn't claim rights for a model - it claims rights for a mod. You can still put your model into other games (well, you should have a proof that it belongs to you, just in case, although I don't think Bethesda will cause commotion about copyleft), but the model included in ESP is now considered "New Material". This world sucks, I know.

The only legalese you need to worry about here is Daz does not allow any of their licensed product to be resold ever, end-of; nor cross ported for monetary gain or for use on directly competing platform. Even 2nd party PAs cannot use Daz assets unless the license covers it, and it can never be used to replace existing assets in a published product. Only new original games with a proper in-place agreements can use PA or daz assets with an appropriate license.

The thing is even if someone is willing to put customization into LB and Demonica or whatever is there a place they can have it host without take down?

Not nexus and not here for sure...

the head can be customize since a long time with racemenu verticle editor

a nif is a nif, skyrim head, citrus, v4, doa, that don't change anything

funny thing is the few that customize it, nobody see it since they think it can't be done :D 

6Q67Otd.jpg

body can be customize in bodyslide if you don't know how to use blender or 3dmax

but if you mess too much with it, the outfits will no longer match, and there's no unp to v4 slider to convert outfits to the new body

I hope that we will see this beautiful body replacer in Fallout 4. If only it had been supported more, I would have used this instead of UNPB.

The problem was the author restricted what and what not could be done with the body, so it had very little support.

Even if it gets ported to Fallout 4, it will still get very little support in that game too. 

That was THE biggest flaw with LadyBody. Krista decided that she didn't want anyone to do anything with the body. Armor/outfits made by other modders? No. Conversions? No. The only content for it was created by her -- and as the "creator" of the body, that would have been her right. It just wasn't a very smart move. Not when other people were continuing to create new content that could have enhanced the LadyBody. Then when you find out it was just a lightly tweaked version of Daz3d....well, you get why Krista isn't the most popular girl outside of her cult.

That is the main reason why -- even though I loved the look -- I couldn't get on board with it. I just shrugged my shoulders and went, "Meh, I guess I'll have to live with the low vertices that the original UNP and its offshoots provided.

I didn't really care about the vertices as much as the noodle arms. Since aside from Halofarm and his UNPC, there hasn't been much attempts to make the shoulder react normally when your character raises her arms, so you get this pathetic look of an body part and the armpits don't even look good. :/

This whole superior body argument can end when someone finds this solution.

I hope that we will see this beautiful body replacer in Fallout 4. If only it had been supported more, I would have used this instead of UNPB.

I didn't really care about the vertices as much as the noodle arms. Since aside from Halofarm and his UNPC, there hasn't been much attempts to make the shoulder react normally when your character raises her arms, so you get this pathetic look of an body part and the armpits don't even look good. :/

This whole superior body argument can end when someone finds this solution.

I wholeheartedly agree. If you cannot fix the shoulders & hands distortion problem, then the poly count doesnt matter.

I wholeheartedly agree. If you cannot fix the shoulders & hands distortion problem, then the poly count doesnt matter.

that's because the skeleton is wrong (it's very old)

SzH4MDt.jpg

but don't know about the problem you see with the shoulders

5nlNuMw.jpg

140en2u.jpg

qnz62de.jpg

oh well, some funnier screens

blG4Kuu.jpg

here there's a problem, but if you check unp, it's the same... problem is the animation

like here

AsjZPSa.jpg

v4 arms vs unp arms, well... i'll take v4 arms (and hands and the rest)

FrdmJ47.jpg

that's because the skeleton is wrong (it's very old)

SzH4MDt.jpg

but don't know about the problem you see with the shoulders

5nlNuMw.jpg

140en2u.jpg

qnz62de.jpg

oh well, some funnier screens

blG4Kuu.jpg

here there's a problem, but if you check unp, it's the same... problem is the animation

like here

AsjZPSa.jpg

v4 arms vs unp arms, well... i'll take v4 arms (and hands and the rest)

FrdmJ47.jpg

lol is that your wood texture?

No offense but it looks horrible.

lol is that your wood texture?

No offense but it looks horrible.

i don't give a shit about your opinion on the mods i pick

k kid.

Archived