Sad day for LadyBody

Kelthos

Yes, overwriting vanilla textures or models is one of the more common examples for mods that can be created without needing any Bethesda tools for. And actually...that's the case for body mods - they overwrite vanilla resources. :P

I could rest my case at this point, but that's not what we're talking about - we're not talking about what can go into the game, we're talking about somebody's right to demand taking down resources from 3rd party websites they (in my opinion) hold full rights for, as they were created without any tools owned by Bethesda, meaning their EULA can't possibly apply to them.

PS: I didn't start the debate about legal technicalities, you did. ;)

Sure, they can demand that IF they actually created those resources, by themselves, completely from scratch. Krista however did no such thing, all of her meshes and textures are ported Daz assets. She has absolutely no rights to demand anything in regards to those assets but does it regardless and actually claims that they are her own because she bought them and ported them to Skyrim. This is what gets peoples knickers in a twist.

What is this madness?

Bunch drama queens care about silly Skyrim mod. :lol:  

By now this is less about the mod itself and more about its "creator" being a total hypocrite.

I wholeheartedly agree. If you cannot fix the shoulders & hands distortion problem, then the poly count doesnt matter.

but don't know about the problem you see with the shoulders

5nlNuMw.jpg

140en2u.jpg

qnz62de.jpg

oh well, some funnier screens

blG4Kuu.jpg

here there's a problem, but if you check unp, it's the same... problem is the animation

like here

AsjZPSa.jpg

v4 arms vs unp arms, well... i'll take v4 arms (and hands and the rest)

FrdmJ47.jpg

In the first pic, the midsection looks fantastic. In the others, it looks like they all have broken ankles and someone clubbed them in the face with a fugly stick.

Yes, overwriting vanilla textures or models is one of the more common examples for mods that can be created without needing any Bethesda tools for. And actually...that's the case for body mods - they overwrite vanilla resources. :P

I could rest my case at this point, but that's not what we're talking about - we're not talking about what can go into the game, we're talking about somebody's right to demand taking down resources from 3rd party websites they (in my opinion) hold full rights for, as they were created without any tools owned by Bethesda, meaning their EULA can't possibly apply to them.

Sure, they can demand that IF they actually created those resources, by themselves, completely from scratch. Krista however did no such thing, all of her meshes and textures are ported Daz assets. She has absolutely no rights to demand anything in regards to those assets but does it regardless and actually claims that they are her own because she bought them and ported them to Skyrim. This is what gets peoples knickers in a twist.

*nod nod*

I wouldn't know that. I have no personal stake in this debate and don't even use this body mod. I was just commenting on a statement that I am seeing fairly often from people who try to convince themselves and others that modders wouldn't hold any rights whatsoever on their own work. Which is a viewpoint I am quite certain would get tossed out at least partially by an actual court trial, for reasons explained above.

What is this madness?

Bunch drama queens care about silly Skyrim mod. :lol:  

By now this is less about the mod itself and more about its "creator" being a total hypocrite.

All of the above - but to add, She probably just snatched them off warez sites like yatol does.

Those knees and calves in that dance scene.. ye gods..

6cLFPS2.gif

I wholeheartedly agree. If you cannot fix the shoulders & hands distortion problem, then the poly count doesnt matter.

5nlNuMw.jpg

140en2u.jpg

qnz62de.jpg

blG4Kuu.jpg

here there's a problem, but if you check unp, it's the same... problem is the animation

like here

AsjZPSa.jpg

FrdmJ47.jpg

In the first pic, the midsection looks fantastic. In the others, it looks like they all have broken ankles and someone clubbed them in the face with a fugly stick.

I just now noticed it but oh god those legs in the 4th and 5th pic. Well, UNP ain't really any better when it comes to those distortions.

5nlNuMw.jpg

140en2u.jpg

qnz62de.jpg

blG4Kuu.jpg

like here

AsjZPSa.jpg

FrdmJ47.jpg

I just now noticed it but oh god those legs in the 4th and 5th pic. Well, UNP ain't really any better when it comes to those distortions.

The original UNP was just as bad, if not infinitely worse. Dream Girl was the first body that really seemed created specifically to keep shape when in poses. UUNP, it appears, is trying to merge the best of UNP, aspects of Dream Girl (including the fantastic weighting), as well as increase the vertices far beyond what UNP provided.

Dream Girl is a back-ported Oblivion body that was used for a G Mod model, which is why the weighting is infinitely better, Half Life 2 has a bunch of anims that require your arms to do things at more than a 20' angle from your body.

Dream Girl is a back-ported Oblivion body that was used for a G Mod model, which is why the weighting is infinitely better, Half Life 2 has a bunch of anims that require your arms to do things at more than a 20' angle from your body.

you can't keep the weights when you port from oblivion to skyrim... skeletons aren't the same

oblivion dream girl

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/24862/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D24862%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D126927&pUp=1

i3huPN2.jpg

oh, it's captain obvious

hgec

OGBm3sL.jpg

a less old victoria

arh4jiI.jpg

how about posting some comparaison screens if that mod is supposed to do better than other mods?

You can keep the bones/weights when porting to G Mod, and you can certainly re-enter the weighting when porting to or from Daz  to the CK, same with any source game.

Secondly weighting covers animation range as well as vertex range, and you didn't bother showing any of your models from the back. ;)

I've used Ladybody/Demonica before in a couple MO profiles. It's a nice body really and the face can be tweaked enough so they don't all look the same. And I still have a couple TBBP meshes for 1.4-1.6 (might work on others, though). I probably won't start another with it, though. I've been using UNP HDT-PE and CITRUS. The newest RM allows for some extreme adjustments of UNP and CITRUS is in a league all its own with the level of in-game customization (now it just needs more stuff converted for it, although UNP/B stuff works OK for now).

5nlNuMw.jpg

140en2u.jpg

qnz62de.jpg

blG4Kuu.jpg

like here

AsjZPSa.jpg

FrdmJ47.jpg

lol! I didn't even notice that. Was too busy looking at the awkward looking "snail" textures.

lol! I didn't even notice that. Was too busy looking at the awkward looking "snail" textures.

your first taunt was useless so you try again with a new one?

that awkward looking snail texture is fair skin s texture...

3884150Clipboard01.jpg

don't use it like that of course

i made it more oily and merged it with a v4 color map to create some variations

bDdNW2R.jpg

and as i said before, i don't give a shit if you don't like what i did to it, i didn't made that for you

your first taunt was useless so you try again with a new one?

that awkward looking snail texture is fair skin s texture...

don't use it like that of course

i made it more oily and merged it with a v4 color map to create some variations

and as i said before, i don't give a shit if you don't like what i did to it, i didn't made that for you

wow you're so easy to agitate. Just chill dude.

But you're a pretty good tsundere.

5nlNuMw.jpg

140en2u.jpg

qnz62de.jpg

blG4Kuu.jpg

like here

AsjZPSa.jpg

FrdmJ47.jpg

In all fairness, there was and still is a lot of potential in the LadyBody -- unfortunately, Krista just doesn't seem to be open to allowing it to come from anyone but herself.

The midsection and the detail work down to the calves impresses me. The abdomen is very well detailed, if limiting from the perspective of variety. I mean, you only really get one type of body with LadyBody. Even if you go to one, or the other extreme of the slider the body doesn't change much.

The face is where all the trouble starts, and this is where other modders could really give the body some more depth. While it is possible to tweak the head to different shapes, it all has to be done at the mesh level -- and even then just because the mesh can be tweaked doesn't inherently mean the face will be any prettier (often they just end up looking kind of "derpy"). In fact, that is how LadyBody, as a whole, operates. The face doesn't change for the better unless Krista tweaks the mesh for a new version. Otherwise, even in her own screenshots it looks like Krista has created 8 different sisters who look almost identical (different hairdos) to be her models.

The only one limiting the growth of the body has always been Krista, herself. That and her attitude is cancerous, causing people who would like to use the LadyBody to reject it on principle alone. 

The face doesn't change for the better unless Krista tweaks the mesh for a new version

as if only the russian was able to put daz stuff in skyrim...

9K5fB3W.jpg

it's not an edit of krista v4 on the right

HjVpdRV.jpg

The point was, LadyBody/Demonica's weakness lies in the fact that all meaningful change comes at the mesh level -- so even if it is not Krista that does it, the same face issue is only lessened once a new mesh is implemented. Even then, it has little variation (ironically, because of the mesh). The body is, itself, set in stone -- the only real change is whether or not you want a waif of a slightly chestier brick house. And we won't even go into the lack of support for different racial looks (noses, eyes, better slider support, etc.).

The body wouldn't have gotten recognition at all if it didn't have some noticeable pluses. However, its pluses don't negate the minuses. This is why the body never got the attention it might have gained in the past.

It is one of the least customizable bodies ever created for Skyrim, despite the fact that the mesh was well made (props to Daz). Its sliders are laughable (less than 1/3rd of RaceMenu's capabilities), its hair support is lacking to be kind about it, and its overall texture support isn't up-to-par compared to the plethora of options created by independent modders.

So it really doesn't matter who is tweaking the mesh. The point is, again, that the body has its share of issues to go with its positive aspects. That's just how it goes when you build everything around a specific mesh instead of allowing the textures to help aid in the customization process.  

Archived