What music do you listen to?

13 minutes ago, Raven 54 said:

That was actually Sarcasm, hard to get across in text, for some of the other users here. Sorry, but you are right!  

Here is an oldie...

https://youtu.be/rPP1xkgjnA8?list=PLQSFwAoVrj-29jqwDR4R51xOjAyfYHFeV     penicillin penny by Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show another vid they will play but not allow to be embedded.

8 minutes ago, Raven 54 said:

Billie Holiday died at 44 years of age from Alcohol abuse,  By early 1959, Holiday was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver.

3 minutes ago, Raven 54 said:

If you need a drug, try this...

Let's chant: "We want more thumbs up!" 😾

In the meantime:

The Kingstonians: Hold down

26 minutes ago, chooseChaos said:

Let's chant: "We want more thumbs up!" 😾

Okay, now I have to seriously ask: Is there really a limit?

I don't use that function very often, on anything really, YT or here; So I have always thought that was just a joke or something.

And just befitting the question asked, here's the Jeopardy theme.

2 hours ago, Raven 54 said:

If you need a drug, try this...

Bryan Ferry takes Talk Like a Pirate Day more seriously than I do. Arr.  Out of reactions, as usual. 👍

Spoiler

If sarcasm didn't work in writing, Douglas Adams would never have had a career as a writer.

This is for all the new Fallout 4 players, who crashed Nexus all morning, website could not be reached, explanation the tv series had so many new users website crashed.

14 minutes ago, xzcecs said:

<and age-restricted video I would have to log in on youtube to watch>

What is the video? Maybe I can find another way to see it? As Willy Wonka said "The suspense is terrible" (but I don't hope it will last).

@Raven 54, I don't even need to tell you I'm out of reactions (but I just did anyway).

Edited by branmakmuffin
14 minutes ago, branmakmuffin said:

What is the video? Maybe I can find another way to see it? As Willy Wonka said "The suspense is terrible" (but I don't hope it will last).

@Raven 54, I don't even need to tell you I'm out of reactions (but I just did anyway).

I don't think it's anywhere else besides YouTube. The song is "Fuck the Pain Away" by Peaches, and the video is made from clips of "The Andy Griffith Show", but with a twist.

6 minutes ago, xzcecs said:

I don't think it's anywhere else besides YouTube. The song is "Fuck the Pain Away" by Peaches, and the video is made from clips of "The Andy Griffith Show", but with a twist.

This one?? Posted for @xzcecs all likes should be on her post above, which is blocked in US.   :thumbsup:

Edited by Raven 54
On 4/17/2024 at 1:11 AM, Wandering_Mania said:

Well, looks like I'm right on time to catch the 'old oldies'. Because here's one from (I think) the mid 50's(?).

Re: The Surfaris - Wipe Out.

No, 1963. I used to listen to WABC Radio in New York, with DJ Cousin Brucie, (I'm in Ontario, Canada) and first heard this on my little transistor radio. If the atmospheric conditions were just right, and they'd boost the transmission power, and it'd come in clear as a bell. Kids in my Grade 7 class would do the drum solo from Wipe Out on their desks. It was very popular when it came out.

Edited by Sandatharius
1 hour ago, Sandatharius said:

No, 1963. I used to listen to WABC Radio in New York, with DJ Cousin Brucie, (I'm in Ontario, Canada) and first heard this on my little transistor radio. If the atmospheric conditions were just right, and they'd boost the transmission power, and it'd come in clear as a bell. Kids in my Grade 7 class would do the drum solo from Wipe Out on their desks. It was very popular when it came out.

Yeah that's what I wasn't sure about. Growing up, my parents listened to stuff like that all day long. It used to drive me insane, well that, and a song that I refuse to even mention because I don't ever want to hear it again that was made in the time that I grew up. I still got that one's lyrics running through my head to this day, and I haven't heard it since back then.

But here's another decent one from way, way, back in the day:

7 hours ago, Sandatharius said:

Why was there no thumbs-up button for this?

When you see "Guest" with no Avatar, that member has cancelled their account and "left the building". That's why there is no like button.