Radiant Prostitution 3.2.2 (29-Oct-2015)

I'm gonna guess you answered this already, but if I currently have the tweaked version what steps would I take to use this one? Just remove all files related to the old one, or replace it?

I'm new at this so try to be nice :(

Check the first post, it has a 'Updating' section. ;)

The new version looks good.

Would it be a hassle to add a "use SexLab stripping options" button in the MCM? Or a checkbox to disable stripping entirely?

RP already uses SexLab's stripping functions, from what I can see. (unless you have Minimal Stripping enabled in options)

I'm gonna guess you answered this already, but if I currently have the tweaked version what steps would I take to use this one? Just remove all files related to the old one, or replace it?

I'm new at this so try to be nice :(

Check the first post, it has a 'Updating' section. ;)

Ah, thank you. I'll get on that as soon as I can!

Hm. Does this mod support Sexlab's treatplayerasmale or treatplayerasfemale for its animation calls?

Probably not, unless that can override animations started via StartThread().

Ah. Might look around the scripting some time later then. I never noticed in the original that it had lines for the races since I play an argonian I had one client say he has a dual coming up and needed the feel of some leather on his skin (or something to that effect).

Thanks for making this, but unfortuantly I am experiencing a massive problem.

I was using the 1.08b tweaked (with fixed script) and I tried to update to the 3.0.0 version following your recommandations in the first post.

The game loads fine, the mod it recognized and appears in MCM and I can play normally...

...but for some reason every save I make after installing the mod is corrupt. The game CTD when i try to load a save made after installing the mod. Happens to any save I make, and even the save cleaning tools CTD when I try to load one of these saves !

Any idea about what's happening ? I have never experienced something like that with any other mod, and I have no clue what may cause this.

[...]and even the save cleaning tools CTD when I try to load one of these saves !

D:

microdd mentioned a similar (if not the exact same) problem as this. Forgetting about 3.0.0 for now, if you uninstall 1.08b and make a new save without the mod, does it still crash when you load it? (I'm trying to figure out if it's the uninstallation of 1.08b that causes the issue, or the presence of 3.0.0 in a save that previously had 1.08b)

I can't reproduce any CTDs with RP Tweaked 1.08b. I used 1.08b to start a new game then uninstalled it and cleaned the save, but it doesn't seem to get me any crashes if I save again then load it. Adding RP 3.0.0 into the cleaned save doesn't create any problems with save & load cycles, either.

Without the ability to reproduce the issue on my end, I'm afraid I can't pinpoint the cause of the issue. You may have to start a new game if you want to update to the latest version.

Nice to see RP getting picked up again.

Unfortunately I'm having a slight problem, after doing a clean save from the previous version of RP to this version, the message "you didn't pay for your gear on time... " keeps popping up every 1 minute. I've tried "stopquest mf_gettingstuffback" and removing the mod and scripts but the messages won't go away. Can I get some help please?

Ah. Looks like the mf_GettingStuffQuestScript script has an infamous RegisterForUpdateGameTime() call, rather than using single updates. This means the script keeps processing recurring updates even when the ESP is gone.

This shouldn't be a problem if you used a script cleaner on your save, as it will remove the offending script and stop it from updating. So if you happened to cut corners during the install procedure, you might want to do it again, proper this time. :P

If you did use a script cleaner and it didn't work, or if you refuse to use one for whatever reason, you'll need to do the following:

1. Temporarily install RP Tweaked 1.08b again and load a save from BEFORE you updated
  2. Wait as much time in-game as is needed for the Getting Your Stuff Back quest to expire and give you the "You didn't pay for your gear!" notification message.
  3. Save game, and re-do the update procedure based on this new save file.

Ah thanks, apparently I missed the mf_gettingstuffquestscript when I used the save tool.

[...]and even the save cleaning tools CTD when I try to load one of these saves !

D:

microdd mentioned a similar (if not the exact same) problem as this. Forgetting about 3.0.0 for now, if you uninstall 1.08b and make a new save without the mod, does it still crash when you load it? (I'm trying to figure out if it's the uninstallation of 1.08b that causes the issue, or the presence of 3.0.0 in a save that previously had 1.08b)

Its definitly not the uninstallation of 1.08b.

Save right after I uninstall 1.08b -> Works fine

Save after cleaning this save with Skyrim Save Tool -> Works fine

Saves with 3.0.0 installed on either saves (cleaned or not) -> Corrupted

If I desactivate the esp and leave the files installed, the problem persists.

On the other hand I tried to start a new game, and everything seems to work fine.

I ll guess I have to revert to 1.08b :-(. Its a shame because I had it installed since the beginning of my playthrough, but didnt start any quests with it yet.

Thanks for trying to replicate the CTD anyway, appreciated :-)

Hm. Does this mod support Sexlab's treatplayerasmale or treatplayerasfemale for its animation calls?

Probably not, unless that can override animations started via StartThread().

Found out the answer is sorta. If the animation calls for my character to fuck them then it progresses like I was a male and ignores the strap on call. Usually only happen when whoring out to females. Sort of interesting though.

Edit: The above person: If he can get that save loaded then player.kill might free up what is keeping him from saving and loading.

Its definitly not the uninstallation of 1.08b.

Save right after I uninstall 1.08b -> Works fine

Save after cleaning this save with Skyrim Save Tool -> Works fine

Saves with 3.0.0 installed on either saves (cleaned or not) -> Corrupted

If I desactivate the esp and leave the files installed, the problem persists.

On the other hand I tried to start a new game, and everything seems to work fine.

I ll guess I have to revert to 1.08b :-(. Its a shame because I had it installed since the beginning of my playthrough, but didnt start any quests with it yet.

Thanks for trying to replicate the CTD anyway, appreciated :-)

Ah. If it's the presence of RP 3.0.0 in a 1.08b save that triggers it, and you're positive that you did script cleaning correctly, then I would assume the issue is somehow related to the update of JContainers that RP 3 requires. I know very little of how JContainers works, unfortunately.

That's nice and all, but unless TDF gives someone else permission to work on it, it's completed because he's said it's completed.

It's a good point. However software is mutable. But looking at the package, he/she/they didn't include the sources. (Most uncivil and would require a tad more effort to mutefiy. However actually achievable if someone with gumpshun and resolve was willing to utilize their god given talents).

(ps I do like TDF because, you know, it works). However that should never stand in the path of philosophy, (or in fact US law on process patents - which 99% of the world doesn't follow).

The sources are ALL there, nicely packed away inside the BSA file and easily extracted using Mod Organizer.

If you want an example of bad juju it would be the Bathing Beauties or Beefcake Luxury Suite mod where the assauthor explicitly states he won't provide the source for anything and you should learn how to do what he did on your own.

TDF on the other hand has always provided the source and in fact I don't know of a single mod in the Skyrim part of Lovers Lab that doesn't have the source available.

That's nice and all, but unless TDF gives someone else permission to work on it, it's completed because he's said it's completed.

It's a good point. However software is mutable. But looking at the package, he/she/they didn't include the sources. (Most uncivil and would require a tad more effort to mutefiy. However actually achievable if someone with gumpshun and resolve was willing to utilize their god given talents).

(ps I do like TDF because, you know, it works). However that should never stand in the path of philosophy, (or in fact US law on process patents - which 99% of the world doesn't follow).

The sources are ALL there, nicely packed away inside the BSA file and easily extracted using Mod Organizer.

If you want an example of bad juju it would be the Bathing Beauties or Beefcake Luxury Suite mod where the assauthor explicitly states he won't provide the source for anything and you should learn how to do what he did on your own.

TDF on the other hand has always provided the source and in fact I don't know of a single mod in the Skyrim part of Lovers Lab that doesn't have the source available.

I am a horrible person and lazy. (Yep I did have a sneaking thought that it might be in bsa after I wrote the post. However when did facts ever get in the way of a good rant :shy:)

Ah. If it's the presence of RP 3.0.0 in a 1.08b save that triggers it, and you're positive that you did script cleaning correctly, then I would assume the issue is somehow related to the update of JContainers that RP 3 requires. I know very little of how JContainers works, unfortunately.

I was running the 1.08b version (with script fixes and removed old Jcontainers) posted by Sacremas in the 1.08b thread and I am using the latest Jcontainers version (3.2.4).

Edit  : Bad news !

I cant revert back to 1.08b either :( I reinstalled 1.08b as before, and old saves doesnt load and CTD !

I can only load cleaned saves I made with RP unsintalled, but then every save I make is corrupted like with 3.0.0 !

If I dont find a solution I ll have to play without RP at all or make a new game completly :-/

I can't help with updating form the one I posted (that's now taken off Mega) beyond what's on the first post of this thread. But updating JContainers mid game is never wise. Personally I didn't update until I started a new game, which I've done now.

By the way, under Recommended Mods, please add the following, it adds a LOT to this mod and helps with adding additional NPCs that fill the prostitute role. Without this there's only like 3-4 girls in the base game that this mod counts for.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51189/?

I've been holding off installing that... I have a feeling it might add too many NPCs to inns, because I'm also using the Populated Skyrim mods. Do the two play nice (i.e. can I walk through the Bannered Mare or is it unreasonably crowded)?

I don't use the Populated mods, but I do use Interesting NPCs and Inconsequential NPCs. When I had the wenches mod installed, the Bannered Mare was...crowded. I have no doubt that simply walking in there would've crashed my game without the various stability tweaks/patches that are available now.

Personally, I feel that it goes way overboard and is a tad over-designed (a lot mods are, of course, which is understandable since their creators mainly just intend to add features to the game that they want, so extra features are never really extraneous.. but unless you really want the exact same thing, the mod is going to feel like a waste). It adds 3-4 wenches to most taverns, which makes then outnumber customers in a lot of the smaller ones, so that starts to feel a little silly after a while. It also replaces random encounters and radiant events with wenches who just kinda.. walk somewhere, so it makes traveling around a lot less interesting. In my game, it felt like 80% of the encounters I ran into on the road were pointless "wenches" NPCs, but it probably wasn't quite that bad. Also, you can't really uninstall the mod because it does so much more than just add a bunch of NPCs to the world.

If you just want an extra NPC or two in a few inns who wear tavern clothes, I would avoid this one. It ends up changing a lot more about the game than that.

When I do the mission with the horse, it keeps attacking me even if I approach naked.

It's supposed to attack you a few times until it calms down.

Ya, it killed me the firs time lol I guess there was a small glitch. The second time though it worked.

But there is another problem and I'm pretty sure this isn't RP's fault, but maybe you might know what's happening: None of the creatures seem to be getting erect. The flaccid penis is there, but it always stays that way. It just started recently, I'm not sure what happened.

Ya, it killed me the firs time lol I guess there was a small glitch. The second time though it worked.

But there is another problem and I'm pretty sure this isn't RP's fault, but maybe you might know what's happening: None of the creatures seem to be getting erect. The flaccid penis is there, but it always stays that way. It just started recently, I'm not sure what happened.

Yeah, that's an issue with SLNC as far as I know, it hasn't been as reliable ever since it switched to using Creature Framework.