unfinished Anime You'd like to see finished or rebooted.

Koko.Hekmatyar

My top 4 List.

1: Air Gear - This is an anime that is in dire need of a reboot that follows the manga more closely then the original did.

2: Full Metal Panic - I would be happy if they finished this anime now that the LNs are completed especially considering that the story get really good right after where The Second Raid ends the anime.

3: Kampfer - This was actually a pretty good show despite what some think and as long as they followed the Manga story instead of the LNs (I like Shizuku getting the guy over Akane) I think it would be good to see it finished.

4: Campione - What can I say I just like this series. the LNs and Manga are not complete but the show itself deserves to get more seasons.

OK, this is going to be really cheesy here since it's a bastardized Frankenstein of 3 different true Animes, BUT I'd kind of like to see Robotech finished out.  They started "The Sentinels" series which was the final chapter, sending the SDF3 to the far ends of the galaxy seeking the Robotech Masters home world, and then never did anything after the video that had the first few episodes. 

I read the book series and it was actually pretty darn good. 

Beyond that...  Hard to say.  There are so many good anime series out there that even with a solid ending the characters were good enough where a "sequel" would be merited.  The Ghost in the Shell series comes to mind.  It's been a while but IIRC they really didn't wrap up the series too well. 

Haganai, Dragon Ball, and Yugioh is all I care for. I kind of want an old style Yugioh or a reboot. I also feel sad that Haganai is ending. I think it was confirmed volume 11 of the novels will be the last. :( I was hoping for 4 seaons worth of content but it was great while it lasted. :D

Claymore

No Game No Life

Noragami

Not sure about Noragami but Claymore and NGNL would be good animes to see finished except I don't think Claymore had a very nice ending iirc.

Have you seen Noragami? I liked that anime a lot  :@

I want them to do a third season of Haganai, that's about it off the top of my head.

That would be nice. There is enough content from the LNs and Manga for them to do another 2 or 3 seasons at minimum.

I read the manga, but from a viewer standpoint, I hate being left on a cliffhanger like that.

Gantz.  :cool:

If it follows the source material religiously then a Gants Reboot would probably be a big hit as most of the complaints regarding the gants Anime were similar to the complains made about Air gear. They didn't follow the source material.

Haganai, Dragon Ball, and Yugioh is all I care for. I kind of want an old style Yugioh or a reboot. I also feel sad that Haganai is ending. I think it was confirmed volume 11 of the novels will be the last. :( I was hoping for 4 seaons worth of content but it was great while it lasted. :D

Dragon Ball is actually getting a continuation in the form of Dragon Ball super that started airing 3 weeks ago. It picks up a few years after where DBZ ended completely retconning DBGT.

Kampfer (love the shit-talking plushie toys)

Holy Knight (I know it was only two episodes done as a promo but STILL...fucking give me MORE!)

I'd like to be able to see more than 6 minutes worth of Bikini Warriors too.  I want it to be the new Queen's Blade goddamnit.

Kampfer (love the shit-talking plushie toys)

Holy Knight (I know it was only two episodes done as a promo but STILL...fucking give me MORE!)

I'd like to be able to see more than 6 minutes worth of Bikini Warriors too.  I want it to be the new Queen's Blade goddamnit.

Yeah the talking plushies and all the VA sound a like jokes were funny as shit.

I agree with Full Metal Panic, why they choose to move the plot forward and then not continue it. I wonder if the filler kind of condemned the anime to being unfinished.

The problem with Claymore is that at the time the anime was made, the manga hadn't got far enough to provide enough story for the anime. So, it was adlibbed and the story was significantly different than the manga. To do another season of Claymore, someone would have to do another season one so it matches the manga.

Personally I'd love to see a continuation of UFO Princess Valkyrie, still can't believe they ended on such a cliffhanger and then choose not to continue. After all these years I won't get my hopes up that it'll ever be continued.

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, I'd say they finished an arc in the 12 episodes of anime they did and it just felt as if it was leading up to a second season.

One of my top ten favorite anime.  I don't read manga or keep up with what's original TV and what's based on print.  I didn't know there was a Rogue Hero manga.  Since that's the case and there is more story then by all means!

I agree with Full Metal Panic, why they choose to move the plot forward and then not continue it. I wonder if the filler kind of condemned the anime to being unfinished.

The problem with Claymore is that at the time the anime was made, the manga hadn't got far enough to provide enough story for the anime. So, it was adlibbed and the story was significantly different than the manga. To do another season of Claymore, someone would have to do another season one so it matches the manga.

Personally I'd love to see a continuation of UFO Princess Valkyrie, still can't believe they ended on such a cliffhanger and then choose not to continue. After all these years I won't get my hopes up that it'll ever be continued.

I think FMP was in the same boat as Claymore. When they finished FMP - TSR the new LN volumes hadn't been released yet and by the time there were I guess it had been long enough they figured no one wanted it which in my mind was a mistake.

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, I'd say they finished an arc in the 12 episodes of anime they did and it just felt as if it was leading up to a second season.

YEAH there is one that NEEDS to be continued!! They ended it at a point where I was like WTF I WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!! I really want to see what happens when that princess meets the hero again and realizes he has a thing for pinkie.

I think FMP was in the same boat as Claymore. When they finished FMP - TSR the new LN volumes hadn't been released yet and by the time there were I guess it had been long enough they figured no one wanted it which in my mind was a mistake.

I haven't been able to find a date of when the The End of Day by Day novels were released, though it does sound plausible if there wasn't enough plot to use yet and didn't continue TSR.

It is also possible that a change in anime and manga could be another factor. Pretty much stating the obvious here,  but trends are constantly changing, that could be a potential reason to why we see so many unfinished anime series.

I haven't been able to find a date of when the The End of Day by Day novels were released, though it does sound plausible if there wasn't enough plot to use yet and didn't continue TSR.

It is also possible that a change in anime and manga could be another factor. Pretty much stating the obvious here,  but trends are constantly changing, that could be a potential reason to why we see so many unfinished anime series.

True the change in what people want to see in anime could have been a contributing factor considering now a days all anyone wants to see is half naked or completely naked females.

Not anime so much as manga, but I would like to see Tite Kubo return to Zombie Powder. I would also love to see Candidate For Goddess actually start up again, as it's technically been on hiatus for about 14 years now.

Kinda the same with HoTD they Manga writer said he was putting it in Hiatus to do research on various weapons and vehicles and haven't seen or heard anything since.

I would like to see Battle Angel: Alita (+Last Order) get another crack at the manga to anime transition as while the existing OVA is OK it's not super faithful to the manga and it's not anything resembling complete.

Completely forgot about that manga until you said that. Sad fact to, because that's my hands down favorite manga to date. :s

Archived