ELI5: Why is Sexlab Framework, and other mods here, not on the Nexus?

johnnywatwat

Because here there are kind and open minded people. 

On other sites, if you ask a question about something? you often get ridiculed for not being able to find the answer your self. (The biggest reason I am HERE, and not other sites ((That will remain un-named)) )

also the moderators there all act in a own way.

I uploaded a conversation of a catsuit once there ( which was as it seems ported froom another game ) dumb me, should have informed myself about this since they don't allow copyright content.

what did that guy do? yes, ban me instantly.  he could have just deleted the mod and give me a warning but no.

I saw and still see other people there who upload stuff like the first uploads of the witcher 3 soundtracks which got removed cause of no copyright, then that guy added a screenshot of a mail from projectred with the permission to do so, but he tried to upload these mods like 3 times before he added that mail, and never got banned for that.

This is what I call unfair and it makes me angry.  oh just noticed this has nothing to do with this topic. :D   

Sorry, I guess I just had to blow off steam here.   :blush:

I don't think this was designed to be an "Anti-Nexus" thread. I think it was designed as a serious inquisition as to why the mods aren't hosted on Nexus.

However, there are certain people that when they see the word "Nexus" they go on a rant about how terrible they are, and how they're ban happy, or unhelpful.

I've gotten help from Nexus. I've uploaded mods to Nexus. I've had (mostly) good results there. However, I enjoy the community HERE more. 

My 2 cents "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

Long ago, before the nexus became a large dust covered pillar of modding. They allowed for unusual content. Some of it could be construed as "questionable" as my Oblivion mod folder would suggest with acts that consent wasn't really a part of... losing in the arena could have other outcomes than reloading... And Estrus was well Estrus... I had the luck to grab a few mods then that are not allowed now.

I surmise part of it is publicity... When I first modded oblivion, a google search for mods at the time, you had to scroll down. Now they are always at the top. And with publicity comes scrutiny... to keep their site open certain advertisers may not deal with them over questionable content and such... So the sexual content slowly got scaled back to be a more publicly cleaned up as part of a (I dare say) mature modding culture. Much has changed on the nexus and despite hiccups here and there, they still attract very talented modders.

LL now has filled that void for adult content with talented modders here too. My 2 cents in the end, LL has great modders, nexus has great modders and I bounce between both with reckless abandon like a kid in a candy store because the community overall is both creative and happy to let me enjoy their creations. GAME ON!

I think what confuses people is they see the Estrus mod on Nexus and think, "Well that's rape! Why can't these other LL mods be on there!?" That's because tentacles is an entirely different grey area apart from human figures going at it. There is a reason the Japanese censor male genitalia, but not tentacles, and it's what caused the tentacle genre to grow popular in the first place!

also the moderators there all act in a own way.

I uploaded a conversation of a catsuit once there ( which was as it seems ported froom another game ) dumb me, should have informed myself about this since they don't allow copyright content.

what did that guy do? yes, ban me instantly.  he could have just deleted the mod and give me a warning but no.

I saw and still see other people there who upload stuff like the first uploads of the witcher 3 soundtracks which got removed cause of no copyright, then that guy added a screenshot of a mail from projectred with the permission to do so, but he tried to upload these mods like 3 times before he added that mail, and never got banned for that.

This is what I call unfair and it makes me angry.  oh just noticed this has nothing to do with this topic. :D   

Sorry, I guess I just had to blow off steam here.   :blush:

Sorry to hear that. Not to rub salt into the wounds, but I released a Berserk soundtrack and only got a warning. I decided to release the mod on Lover's Lab, and low and behold, no one took it down! Funny how that works!

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/3712-berserk-battle-explore-dungeon-music-overhaul-11/?hl=berserk

Ever since then, I swore never to release mods on the Nexus. Any mods I release for any games will be exclusive to Lover's Lab.

Archived