SexLab Animation Speed Control

Added update 3 (plugin only). Made a dumb mistake I forgot to add 1 part of code, so GetAnimationEventName and GetAnimationEventElapsed papyrus functions weren't working. Now it should work maybe.

Ā 

No need to update from 2 to 3 for regular users, there is no mod right now that I know of that uses those two functions.

Ā 

Thank you for adding default speed adjustment!Ā  :heart:Ā  I d/l and installed version 2 of one and Version 3 of the other (both showing as latest versions when I d/l them) but ran into a couple of problems:

Ā 

1. The MCM lets me set an 'Accelerate (Capped)' hotkey, but not a 'Decelerate (Capped)' hotkey. When I try, the setting popup window opens, and I press my desired key, but then after it closes the hotkey is still shown as [Esc] as it was before I tried to set it. I had no problems setting hotkeys with the previously-installed version 1 files.
  2. The default speed shows as '100%' until you try to change it, at which point the popup setting window shows '1' and the only other option is '0'. Regardless of which one I select, the speed remains at 100%.

As info, I'm using an Xbox360 controller, successfully assigning [RB] to accelerate and trying unsuccessfully to assign [LB] to Decelerate. Also, I'm using SkyUI 5.1.

Ā 

I'm going to revert to the Version 1 files because at least it lets me set decelerate hotkeys.

Ā 

Thanks again for doing this!

I just installed AnimSpeedPlugin 3 and AnimSexlab 2 and for some reason i couldn't load my savedatas anymore :( there are the ones that i used version 1 of AnimSpeedPlugin 1 and AnimSexlab 1 at. Ended up getting CTDs. Tested with a clean save and same results :( I have no idea what's going wrong but could it be conflicting with FNIS PCEA2? I will be using version 1 for now since it works well.

• 4 months later...

For some reason it doesn't seem to work for me as it doesn't show inside the MCM menu, I've tried installing it

manually by copying the folders and I've also tried the automatic way by using Nexus Mod Manager and

Mod Organizer to no avail.Ā  Also note just in case it matters, I am using the most up-to-date version of SexLabFramework V1.62.

Ā 

Thanks.

Guest Electriq

Awesome mod, thank you :)

Ā 

I have one question: "The plugin is a standalone and can be used to scale ANY animation speed not only SL" - Does that mean we can speed up (or slow down) the werewolf / vampire lord transformation animations too?

Guest Electriq

Yes but it only changes the animation speed, not how long the sequence itself takes. For example if you set running in slow motion your movement speed is still normal actually.

Ā 

Thanks for answer, that's pretty cool, tho, I honestly expected it to speed up the sequence also (make the transformation faster or slower), so I could decide if I want to transfer fast, normal or slow, instead of just adding a new fast / slow animation and limit myself :D

• 8 months later...

Would it be possible to make it work with controlling animations aswell? Right now it works only with animationsĀ involving player, but has no effect when trying to use it while controlling animations with 2 npc's, so basically can't use it to speed up any creatures animations.

The plugin itself has no limit on the player, all actors can be affectedĀ by it.

Ā 

The example mod that is using the plugin, is just an example mod. It is quite easy to alter it to apply to all possible actors.

• 1 month later...

hello, i'm very new to this site and to modding as a whole, and as such, i really can't grasp how to do simple things concerning the subject. For example, the issue i'm having with this mod is that i do not have a clue how to install it; it comes in four zip files, which confuses my primordial brain. I've tried extracting the stuff inside them and dropping into the skyrim data folder to no avail, as well as putting all four zips into mod organizer and trying to merge them (don't laugh)

Ā 

I know patience is a scarce resource but i really can't say how appreciative i would be if a veteran explained to me how I am supposed to do this

• 1 month later...

hello, i'm very new to this site and to modding as a whole, and as such, i really can't grasp how to do simple things concerning the subject. For example, the issue i'm having with this mod is that i do not have a clue how to install it; it comes in four zip files, which confuses my primordial brain. I've tried extracting the stuff inside them and dropping into the skyrim data folder to no avail, as well as putting all four zips into mod organizer and trying to merge them (don't laugh)

Ā 

I know patience is a scarce resource but i really can't say how appreciative i would be if a veteran explained to me how I am supposed to do this

Ā 

you just need the most recent version of the plugin file v3, by this date, and the mod file v2 by this date.Ā  Install both with the mod manager of your choice.Ā  I used nexus for both; it worked just fine.Ā Ā  Loading an existing savegame it took a few minutes for the MCM menu to appear, but it works just fine.Ā  Some animations can get out of sync, but they resynch when you advance to the next animation.Ā  Some small amount of skill is required, but the immersive effect of varying the speed is most gratifying.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this idea and can see from others that it works but can't get the hotkeys to work after setting them. LOOT leaves this at bottom of my load order so wondering if it needs to be before or after SL PLUGINS? Also I use a controller and wondering if I need to unplug it and go with keyboard only for this? Thanks!

• 8 months later...

hm... it seems plugin is slightly bugged

if you set animation speed below 100% and change animations stages few times with Shift+Space, character can get stuck at idle poses

Ā 

AnimSpeedHelper.SetAnimationSpeed(ActorRef, 0.75, 0, 0)
Ā 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I submitted a request for this mod on the Skyrim Special Edition thread after discussing the conversion process with other members. In addition to needing the author's permission (I'm unsure ifĀ 

View File Some boring stuff for other modders:
The plugin is a standalone and can be used to scale ANY animation speed not only SL, you can include it with your mod if you want to use it, credit would be nice. :)

Ā 

constitutes permission given forĀ conversionĀ of the mod to SSE), I've been told that the .dll needs to be recompiled. The source code is provided in the downloads, however I'm unfamiliar with what programs and steps are involved.Ā 

EducatedUntimelyIchidna.gif

• 2 months later...

Hey. In case nobody's ported this yet (I couldn't find anything), I'll start looking into it sometime next week.

I skimmed through the code once, realizing I already have a couple offsets down from working on other hacks,Ā so it shouldn't be too long before I can get it ported to SSE d: (and hopefully try and tackle some bugs that were outlined in this thread)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To those who are clamoring for a SSE version of this.

Ā 

This mod requires an SKSE extension to work, therefore it needs someone to convert the SKSE extension to work with SKSE64.

Ā 

The author of this mod is now a very infrequent visitor to Lovers Lab.Ā  That's a pretty good indication he's lost interest in Skyrim or he's super busy.

Ā 

The source is provided, someone else with the tools and the knowledge and the desire to do this could take the project on, otherwise i't unlikely to happen and asking over and over for it to happen is merely wasting your time though an occasional hit to keep it from falling out of sight and mind will slightly improve the chances for someone to decide to try to do it.

Ā 

So don't stop asking but you probably don't need to do it quite so frequently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...