Does This Mean TES:VI Confirmed?

Mobilizer

Skyrim was announced 2 years after Fallout 3 was released. Fallout 4 is announced 4 years after Skyrim was released. My guess is that part of the delay is the introduction of the new console generation, so I don't think TES VI will have to wait 4 years to be announced. My guess is that it'll be another two or three years.

Skyrim was announced 2 years after Fallout 3 was released. Fallout 4 is announced 4 years after Skyrim was released. My guess is that part of the delay is the introduction of the new console generation, so I don't think TES VI will have to wait 4 years to be announced. My guess is that it'll be another two or three years.

Possibly earlier, since ESO didn't do quite as well as they hoped. They might feel the desire to throw their disgruntled ES fanbase a bone or two. They can run TES VI off the same engine as FO 4 without massively overhauling it, if they release two games relatively close together. Just speculation on my part, of course.

ESO... they will make more installments to that before another is made. 

I doubt it. ESO has pretty much been a critical and comercial failure, just barely turning a profit. ESO was made by an entirely different studio owned by Zenimax, not by Bethesda, so Bethesda certainly doesen't have reason to care about the title, and i doubt Zenimax does after it all but bombed.

That's certainly possible, which means TESVI would be somewhere between 4 and 5 years away. That seems like a suitable amount of Dev-time.

I'd say E3 is going to be all for some more in-engine displays for FO:4, maybe some gameplay. But yeah @above, surely Bethesda is working on TES:6, but we still have a ways to go before we hear anything about that one.

I still think two to three years for a new Elder scrolls game is too far away.  I just hate when a game is announced, or "leaked" and you get really excited, but you have to wait forever for the game to come out.  Guess I'll be waiting for Fallout 4 this fall, which should keep me busy until Mass Effect 4 comes out next year (I've heard it's confirmed as a 2016 release, but correct me if I'm wrong).

I am worried about Bethesda leaving one of the 2 upcoming games for '16. It sounds just WAY TOO FUCKING GOOD to have DooM IV and Fallout 4 in the same year. Just.. come on.. just say it out loud.. this is impossible  :lol: (and on top of that XCOM 2 is coming out later this year too omg  :heart: )

Skyrim 2 (they won't change engine(greed reasons))will be remade because of eso the betrayal will come instead eso looks and plays like Elder Scroll it will be Looks and play like ESO.

You have zenimax to thank for screwing up the whole series.

And Bethesda going greed more then ever.

I don't have any faith in next installment.

Prollly my next boycot as with all EA and Ubisoft games.

ESO has been transformed into a free-to-play multiplayer sort-of-Skyrim for consoles already. On top of that they said they don't want to cut features for free-to-play unlike other MMO's but rather add nifty benefits to subscriptions, unless they drop those entirely, in the long run. It'll probably pick up and keep doing average for a long time, meaning no TES VI for a while. Also, it's on Steam now, gaining awareness and players.

If they make TES VI, they probably want to make it ten times more impressive than Skyrim. With ESO going on for now and FO4 to keep people busy, they probably will spend some years to really make TES VI really all they can.

As for those saying ESO has failed or will cancel soon, come with hard evidence (numbers and statistics, officially endorsed). I don't like ESO either, at all, I tried it and it did not cater what I want from a MMO, but exaggerating its failure without facts is silly and irrational. No, saying but everyone hates it or reviews give it a 6,5 across or my friends quit too aren't facts. Go do a webcourse in marketing statistics first, then go see how well or not ESO does with an academic approach. Plenty of people have done so, they wrote essays on it. Kotaku and co are not those people. Kotaku and others are to game journalism what The Sun is to conventional journalism. Also, Zenimax owns the Elder Scrolls license. They can call a halt on any TES VI development if they even slightly feel it'll impede the sales of ESO, leaving Bethesda limited to making concepts and maybe draft a storyline at best in case they get the green light someday.

But, there's hope! TES VI could release early, if they make it radically different from ESO. This can happen in three foreseeable ways:

• TES VI could be a visual masterpiece, not just in graphics and textures, but featuring a lot more grandeur and splendor in its world. Ruins and castles so huge and tall, they go as far as the eyes can see, mountain passes that let you gaze a hundred miles ahead at everything you'll encounter the next two hours if you keep walking down the cobblestone road. This is different enough to focus on a new and different audience than ESO, mainly those with next-gen consoles and high-end PC's. Skyrim traded in content for pretty visuals, TES VI may do so again.

• TES VI could involve much larger scale interaction. Think of armies fighting big battles, villages rising and falling, immersive world changes depending on season and time of year. MMO's like ESO are limited in this, because they have to process the actions of hundreds of players at a time, hence they already use instances.

• TES VI could have a new engine. Skyrim grossed so much income, as has ESO, that Bethesda may invest in a much more powerful engine. This would allow TES VI to feature options that the current Skyrim engine could never begin to offer.

For now, I highly doubt E3 will feature TES VI. If it does, it's because they want to tease us with it. Both so people get into the spirit and all start to purcase ESO for console and to impress investors with what's to come. If people see a promising game, which is going to likely sell well, they want to invest in your company. Why? Because if you sell many copies, your market value increases and those investments increase in value also. TES VI on E3 2015? I don't think so. But lets be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Where does this ridiculous assumption that ESO's means no more main line games come from, anyway? Nobody ever provides an explanation that makes any sense, they just take it for granted.

Half a functioning brain cell should be all you need to realize that there's no way they won't produce another TES. The franchise's other single-player entries have done far too well for them to stop because of a mediocre MMO.

It won't be soon, but TES VI will almost certainly happen.

I doubt we'll hear anything at E3, but I agree with the consensus already posted; Bethesda hasn't given up on single player games and it's probably just a matter of time.

*The day Bethesda give up on single player games, is the day when the Sky falls*

I doubt we'll hear anything at E3, but I agree with the consensus already posted; Bethesda hasn't given up on single player games and it's probably just a matter of time.

*The day Bethesda give up on single player games, is the day when the Sky falls*

which hopefully is never. <_<

Archived