so is it playable yet ?

:lol:

To answer your question shortly and briefly, without bothering you with too much details, without any useless information, avoiding digression... Just to make sure you can install this mod and play it without problems... And not to make any, as the poet said, "much ado about nothing"... Also to be understood and comprehended, although English is not my mother tongue (nor my father's for that matter). However, come to think of it, I don't have much trouble with reading or writing in this language. I think...

Well, coming back to your question, which, as I said, I want to answer fully and without any unnecessary circumstantialities or other specifications, which may be of some use, but definitely not particularly here, where you expect a precise answer to a precise question (although the level of precision may be a question of one's personal view)... For example... [cut]

So without further ado - is it playable yet? Exactly, I'm not sure. From what I have read in this thread (twice or thrice): some people play it without any issues at all, some with some issues, some said they can't play it... I can play it.

I hope I was able to help.

That was a wonderful reply. Perhaps it could added to each forum and pinned so that it never disappears.

First of all... Great mod. Kicks the pants off of "Random Sex." (No offense Arizona_Steve, but I don't have to keep turning it on and off depending on the location)

There is however one issue that I'm running into and I haven't found it anywhere on the forum.

Is anyone else experiencing an invisible "you" character separate from the PC? I was actually at an alchemy table and "You" raped my PC. "You" also responds to Spectator Crowds Ultra and makes comments. Not sure if this was intentional or is a glitch caused by my other mods or load order.

Lol are you sure your character just didn't have a really bad trip from inhaling some toxic fumes from the alembic?

No seriously... part of the problem is I added second You into game, a female, and probably forgot to exclude it from actions taken by SLSL, such as raping yourself. So that part is a bug.

If other mods make one of the two Yous perform stuff... there is not much I can do about it. I can try to add some keywords that are meant to make actors excluded, but other mods may not check for such things.

Yous are present only during the time when the PC itself is addressed, but it is long enough for some mods that trigger frequently to make them do stuff. I will inspect if there are other ways to make them more inert.

Whelp that explains it. I've been able to set "you" as "excluded" in the MCM but she still shows up occasionally and it's a little bit immersion breaking. I look forward to a fix but if none is forthcoming I'll definitely deal with it, cause like I said. GREAT MOD!

First of all... Great mod. Kicks the pants off of "Random Sex." (No offense Arizona_Steve, but I don't have to keep turning it on and off depending on the location)

There is however one issue that I'm running into and I haven't found it anywhere on the forum.

Is anyone else experiencing an invisible "you" character separate from the PC? I was actually at an alchemy table and "You" raped my PC. "You" also responds to Spectator Crowds Ultra and makes comments. Not sure if this was intentional or is a glitch caused by my other mods or load order.

Lol are you sure your character just didn't have a really bad trip from inhaling some toxic fumes from the alembic?

No seriously... part of the problem is I added second You into game, a female, and probably forgot to exclude it from actions taken by SLSL, such as raping yourself. So that part is a bug.

If other mods make one of the two Yous perform stuff... there is not much I can do about it. I can try to add some keywords that are meant to make actors excluded, but other mods may not check for such things.

Yous are present only during the time when the PC itself is addressed, but it is long enough for some mods that trigger frequently to make them do stuff. I will inspect if there are other ways to make them more inert.

Whelp that explains it. I've been able to set "you" as "excluded" in the MCM but she still shows up occasionally and it's a little bit immersion breaking. I look forward to a fix but if none is forthcoming I'll definitely deal with it, cause like I said. GREAT MOD!

I tired to fix it already... I'll upload 1.2.0 later in the evening.

so is it playable yet ?

To answer your question shortly and briefly, without bothering you with too much details, without any useless information, avoiding digression... Just to make sure you can install this mod and play it without problems... And not to make any, as the poet said, "much ado about nothing"... Also to be understood and comprehended, although English is not my mother tongue (nor my father's for that matter). However, come to think of it, I don't have much trouble with reading or writing in this language. I think...

Well, coming back to your question, which, as I said, I want to answer fully and without any unnecessary circumstantialities or other specifications, which may be of some use, but definitely not particularly here, where you expect a precise answer to a precise question (although the level of precision may be a question of one's personal view)... For example... [cut]

So without further ado - is it playable yet? Exactly, I'm not sure. From what I have read in this thread (twice or thrice): some people play it without any issues at all, some with some issues, some said they can't play it... I can play it.

now thats what i call a clear answer of a book writer :D thx...

You're welcome! :D

:) How did know I'm a writer?... I'm not saying I am... nor that I am not. :cool:

Question concerning the json settings files: if you have an NPC overhaul (changes the appearance of NPCs), should the json be named adcSLSL Skyrim.esm.json or adcSLSL NPC_Patch.esm.json ?

I think whichever is later in the load order. Or perhaps where the NPC is originally defined. Just to be sure I would add the same ID to both.

Anyway, give most weight to y_sengaku and iacex111 they have more practical experience on how the presets work.

As far as I know if the overhauls change appearance only, the refid is the same as the original. I use Bijin add-ons, Jenassa makeover, etc. and .json preset works fine (i.e adcSLSL.Skyrim.esm.json).

so is it playable yet ?

That was a wonderful reply. Perhaps it could added to each forum and pinned so that it never disappears.

Well, you know, when you read a forum in the middle of a bottle of whiskey, sometimes inspiration just hits you like a warhammer (your head's condition is similar afterwards, too). :)

Once again, about .json presets. Sorry if I sound like Mr Obvious, but I tend to forget about basic stuff myself. If you do make your own presets, remember to back them up - with each SLSL update you may overwrite your presets with ones included in the installation package. And your work will be gone...

Now, coming back to the question of the effort with preparing the .json files. For me the hardest part really is finding the refids. While for vanilla NPCs you can just use UESPWiki (also 3DNPCs has its own site with lots of info, but there are few refid errors), for mod NPCs you have to search through the CK. I've done lots of presets so far and if you need a file for a particular mod, just ask, maybe your favourite mod is on my list as well. And if so, I can send you my presets, so that you can modify them to your own liking, and without worrying about the refids.

"You" also responds to Spectator Crowds Ultra and makes comments. Not sure if this was intentional or is a glitch caused by my other mods or load order.

If and when this is a case with other mods, contact the mod author and copy-paste them this

;/
I suggested mod authors to use the 'Dummy' keyword from vanilla Skyrim as a way to exclude their items or actors from other
mods. This requires authors to add the keyword, and other authors to check for the keyword. Here is copy paste function to 
check for 'Dummy' on an actor. Assigning the keyword to a property and testing with that would be faster to execute, but 
copy-paste has lowest possible workload.
/;

bool function IsDummy(Actor akRef)
	Keyword kwDummy
	Form frmDummy = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x0F3E6C, "Skyrim.esm") As Form  
	If (frmDummy)
 		kwDummy = frmDummy as Keyword
		If akRef.HasKeyword(kwDummy)
 			return true
		endif
	endif
	return false
EndFunction

For testing.

Devious devices related. Some conditions can now be identified also in the dialogue. No spoken lines for this yet.
Devious devices related. Actors who cannot speak will have excluded attribute in this mode.
Devious devices related. If actor is helpless (arm or leg bindings) and fuckable (no chastity or plugs) the actor will have imposed attributes: Submissive and Victim. These should not show in the MCM and not get saved when a savegame is made.
Both genders of YOU have excluded as only attribute in case they somehow slip into the selection. Random selection of actors should exclude both YOUs in case they somehow are present when the poll starts.

Guest ffabris

Question concerning the json settings files: if you have an NPC overhaul (changes the appearance of NPCs), should the json be named adcSLSL Skyrim.esm.json or adcSLSL NPC_Patch.esm.json ?

Since the refID of vanilla NPCs originally comes from the vanilla game,

tweaks in adcSLSL Skyrim.esm.json should be better, I suppose. 

I use some NPC overhaul mods (USKP/UDGP/UDBP also belong to this category, in a sense)

together with SLSL, and the original (adcSLSL skyrim.esm.json and so on) .json files

seem to work well with these tweak mods (no single case has failed to found the preset from correct .json files).

OK, will test at some point. I use (for example) Hot Male Housecarls, which makes all the vanilla housecarls male, and better looking. I then made some changes of my own to that. So I'll put the SLSL settings in the skyrim json file and see. Thanks.

Once again, about .json presets. Sorry if I sound like Mr Obvious, but I tend to forget about basic stuff myself. If you do make your own presets, remember to back them up - with each SLSL update you may overwrite your presets with ones included in the installation package. And your work will be gone...

Now, coming back to the question of the effort with preparing the .json files. For me the hardest part really is finding the refids. While for vanilla NPCs you can just use UESPWiki (also 3DNPCs has its own site with lots of info, but there are few refid errors), for mod NPCs you have to search through the CK. I've done lots of presets so far and if you need a file for a particular mod, just ask, maybe your favourite mod is on my list as well. And if so, I can send you my presets, so that you can modify them to your own liking, and without worrying about the refids.

I used TES5Edit, and copy/pasted the Form ID - which I hope is the right thing.

Guest ffabris

For individual players I could add a button that updates the currently selected Character into the .json file so that in a new game that actor would have the same values as currently. Not sure if this would just add confusion. Not sure if it is easy to do which is a requirement. Complete save of all MCM options is not an option at this time.

I was fishing for a way to define NPC attributes in-game, and then have them saved to the json file for subsequent play-throughs. That approach would be far less "painful" than manually creating/editing the json file in a text editor. :)

Yes, I can see that a save of all settings would not be practical.

Well, TES5 edit just shows the Form ID, which is different from RefID.

As far as I know (as a MOD noob), there is no way to check the latter only by TES5Edit.

Either you have to check by CK (although how to know RefID by CK is a bit tricky, I suppose),

or just have to run your Skyrim, then open the console and click the NPC in question. 

Mfg Console, attached to SSL 1.59c (if you use 1.60 beta, you have to download it from

the link below), will show you the targeted NPC's both Base ID & RefID.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44596/?

I hope your attempt will work. Good luck!

[Edit]: As I mentioned previously, refIDs of (almost) all the vanilla NPCs

from Skyrim.esm and DLCs have been already stored in the following file/ folder: Design & Tools 1.0.0>Presets>source files. 

You can search the refIDs you need by original NPCs' names.

so far works good only 1 problem ive encounted is we need a way to have it not check say chickens and goats. basicaly any animal that dont have a sexlab animation needs some way to exclude that type. i have a mod that adds birds for immersion and sexlife likes to select the birds lol.

another thing on main page can u list the  error messages it puts up so that we know what every error code means. so far ive seen 13 and 17

also getting this sometimes dont know if its a mod over riding them to apporach

[ (9002BB00)].Actor.MoveTo() - "<native>" Line ?
    [adcSexlifeMain (90004338)].adcsexlifemain.ResetWork() - "adcSexlifeMain.psc" Line 221
    [adcSexlifeMain (90004338)].adcsexlifemain.OnUpdate() - "adcSexlifeMain.psc" Line 193

For individual players I could add a button that updates the currently selected Character into the .json file so that in a new game that actor would have the same values as currently. Not sure if this would just add confusion. Not sure if it is easy to do which is a requirement. Complete save of all MCM options is not an option at this time.

I was fishing for a way to define NPC attributes in-game, and then have them saved to the json file for subsequent play-throughs. That approach would be far less "painful" than manually creating/editing the json file in a text editor. :)

Sorry, but I give up. :( I've been trying to show the advantages of setting the attributes off the game, but if someone insists that finding all NPCs you want to set up, opening MCM menu ticking the options and so on, and then probably doing that again for the same characters if you had to revert to older save (while having the config in .json file forever) - if all that is less painful... So be it. But I feel like the work I've done (and few others) some worthless BS.

And BTW SLSL is about immersion - how immersive it is to open MCM again and again for setting up all NPCs in-game?

Now, if anyone at all actually read all that sh*t I've written about .json presets and stuff and wants to utilize it, here's some advice.

As for finding refids in TES5Edit - don't do that. You can find sometimes the numbers in the "Referenced by" tab (at the bottom of the window), but somehow they are different then those you find in game or in CK. As @y_sengaku mentioned you probably copied Form IDs. And that's wrong. To find a refid in CK you must open the mod, find the actor in the object window, right click the actor, choose use info, double-click the cell where the NPC is present and after the cell is loaded, check her/his refid in the Cell View window. And yes, that's painful... :s  Yet, during one session with CK you can find all your NPCs, note their ids and set them up. No running all over Skyrim, etc.

Once again about export/import option. It would be helpful, yes. Yet, when I take a look at my mod list (close to the limit), not many of them have this option. But there is something like .INI file ... Once you tweak an .ini you save it (and back it up). Same goes for the main ones: Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini. And there is no export in-game, isn't there?

Sorry for this lengthy post, yet maybe it will be of some use to anybody.

Guest ffabris

Well, TES5 edit just shows the Form ID, which is different from RefID.

As far as I know (as a MOD noob), there is no way to check the latter only by TES5Edit.

Either you have to check by CK (although how to know RefID by CK is a bit tricky, I suppose),

or just have to run your Skyrim, then open the console and click the NPC in question. 

Mfg Console, attached to SSL 1.59c (if you use 1.60 beta, you have to download it from

the link below), will show you the targeted NPC's both Base ID & RefID.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44596/?

I hope your attempt will work. Good luck!

[Edit]: As I mentioned previously, refIDs of (almost) all the vanilla NPCs

from Skyrim.esm and DLCs have been already stored in the following file/ folder: Design & Tools 1.0.0>Presets>source files. 

You can search the refIDs you need by original NPCs' names.

Argh! Seriously? OK this is so not worth doing even, if I have to run around clicking each add-on NPC to get a RefID and then manually transcribe it (since copy/paste won't work). How is it done via CK?

Vanilla NPCs don't worry me much, there are only the housecarls that interest me. But I have a lot that are add-on.

so far works good only 1 problem ive encounted is we need a way to have it not check say chickens and goats. basicaly any animal that dont have a sexlab animation needs some way to exclude that type. i have a mod that adds birds for immersion and sexlife likes to select the birds lol.

another thing on main page can u list the  error messages it puts up so that we know what every error code means. so far ive seen 13 and 17

[adcSexlifeMain (90004338)].adcsexlifemain.ResetWork() - "adcSexlifeMain.psc" Line 221

[adcSexlifeMain (90004338)].adcsexlifemain.OnUpdate() - "adcSexlifeMain.psc" Line 193

You mean list the error messages like here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47307-sexlife/?p=1250692 ?

Guest ffabris

Sorry, but I give up. :( I've been trying to show the advantages of setting the attributes off the game, but if someone insists that finding all NPCs you want to set up, opening MCM menu ticking the options and so on, and then probably doing that again for the same characters if you had to revert to older save (while having the config in .json file forever) - if all that is less painful... So be it. But I feel like the work I've done (and few others) some worthless BS.

And BTW SLSL is about immersion - how immersive it is to open MCM again and again for setting up all NPCs in-game?

Who mentioned older saves? I didn't. I said "new game" - meaning when you start a new game from the beginning. I am well aware that loading an older save will load whatever settings were in use at the time.

I am talking about starting fresh, no settings (yet). That is, NPCs have to be initialized again. If you have the settings saved in a json from a previous play through,, that's easy ... so the issue is how to create the saved settings in the first place. I am saying that manually creating the json is FAR more laborious than being able to export from in-game. That's all. Nothing else.

I strongly suspect that you have totally misunderstood the point I have been trying to make.

As for finding refids in TES5Edit - don't do that. You can find sometimes the numbers in the "Referenced by" tab (at the bottom of the window), but somehow they are different then those you find in game or in CK. As @y_sengaku mentioned you probably copied Form IDs. And that's wrong. To find a refid in CK you must open the mod, find the actor in the object window, right click the actor, choose use info, double-click the cell where the NPC is present and after the cell is loaded, check her/his refid in the Cell View window. And yes, that's painful... :s  Yet, during one session with CK you can find all your NPCs, note their ids and set them up. No running all over Skyrim, etc.

Yeah ... I just deleted 2hrs work from last night. Oh well.

Once again about export/import option. It would be helpful, yes. Yet, when I take a look at my mod list (close to the limit), not many of them have this option. But there is something like .INI file ... Once you tweak an .ini you save it (and back it up). Same goes for the main ones: Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini. And there is no export in-game, isn't there?

True, most mods don't save import/export - and I did say that was a pet peeve of mine, especially since there is a modder tool which makes it easier to export/import. However, the fact that most don't have import/export cannot, IMHO, be used as an argument in favor of not adding it to this mod.

Anyway, I've harped on about this far more than I intended or wanted. I'll end it here - with sincere thanks to those, you included, who offered help and information.

You mean list the error messages like here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47307-sexlife/?p=1250692 ?

thanks and that realy needs to be on first page. well the info on the codes so that we know if its a error or just a corret check.

Currently the best and easiest way to make/tweak a large number of NPC and create json files is

1. Get tools & design package
  2. Find presets/ xxx.xlsx (yeah you need excel, sorry)
  3. Edit columns O-V for attributes. Can search by name. Includes almost everyone but if need to add new ones, MOD filename and refID must be correct.
  4. Save
  5. Export as csv with comma , as separator
  6. Run Doogeconvert.exe and select the csv file as source. clicking at the right buttons will create a number of json files from the csv.
  7. Copy json into \SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData

Here's an update for testing.

adcSexlife-1.2.1.zip

Who mentioned older saves? I didn't. I said "new game" - meaning when you start a new game from the beginning. I am well aware that loading an older save will load whatever settings were in use at the time.

I am talking about starting fresh, no settings (yet). That is, NPCs have to be initialized again. If you have the settings saved in a json from a previous play through,, that's easy ... so the issue is how to create the saved settings in the first place. I am saying that manually creating the json is FAR more laborious than being able to export from in-game. That's all. Nothing else.

I strongly suspect that you have totally misunderstood the point I have been trying to make.

Yeah ... I just deleted 2hrs work from last night. Oh well.

True, most mods don't save import/export - and I did say that was a pet peeve of mine, especially since there is a modder tool which makes it easier to export/import. However, the fact that most don't have import/export cannot, IMHO, be used as an argument in favor of not adding it to this mod.

Anyway, I've harped on about this far more than I intended or wanted. I'll end it here - with sincere thanks to those, you included, who offered help and information.

I'm trying to help as much as I can. I wish I was more capable.

1. I didn't mean "you talked about older saves". In fact my post was addressed to all users, sorry for quoting you without proper disclaimer. What I meant was "restarting" your game either from an old save or starting completely anew. In both cases, I thing, the problem is the same.

2. Yes, rewriting refids is a bitch. But there is no other way. People trying to find the way out, but there is none.

3. It wasn't an argument "in favor" of not having exp/imp. Just pointing a tendency in all TES and FO games.

Conclusion: "harping" or not ;) , you started a discussion which may somehow lead to some interesting and useful points. We may disagree, but we should discuss. And I hope some people will take some advantage from our argument.

Cheers! :)

Currently the best and easiest way to make/tweak a large number of NPC and create json files is

3. Edit columns O-V for attributes. Can search by name. Includes almost everyone but if need to add new ones, MOD filename and refID must be correct.
  4. Save
  6. Run Doogeconvert.exe and select the csv file as source. clicking at the right buttons will create a number of json files from the csv.

Wow, you're fast... I've barely started testing the previous version (which works fine, thanks for tweaking the animation tags - now only SexLab is the limit ;) ).

Now, if anyone at all actually read all that sh*t I've written about .json presets and stuff and wants to utilize it, here's some advice.

Sorry for this lengthy post, yet maybe it will be of some use to anybody.

I think I recall that I could also get the refid by searching for the npc. That would often show the placed instance of the npc as well as the actor in the actor list. That could save the step of opening the cell. I did that with objects like cage doors when I wanted a specific script to affect a particular door in a particular vampire lair.

I think I recall that I could also get the refid by searching for the npc. That would often show the placed instance of the npc as well as the actor in the actor list. That could save the step of opening the cell. I did that with objects like cage doors when I wanted a specific script to affect a particular door in a particular vampire lair.

True. But search results may end up with a long list of references that you will have to look through. And still no way to copy/paste. You have to manually rewrite the refid.

So both methods in CK are as good as they are... imperfect.

Guest ffabris

Dooge, I think I am not understanding something about Victim.

Victim - Can not refuse sex when approached

I had Player set as victim, nothing else enabled. Player arousal was (artificially, via SLA) set at max. Yet I got approached 3 times, and declined the approach each time. Gender preference matched. The NPC was not a rapist (I don't think).

This was with 1.10 btw - I haven't yet installed 1.2x to try.

Oh, FWIW, I tested a forced encounter (using comma) with a horse - worked fine. Except that Player initially declined, until I flagged the horse as rapist.

I'll try to check this more, but right now, I'm back to messing with an NPC patch. ;)

4. Save

put them on the main page too and add label for them testing or somethng along with some changelogs for them so we know what changed and know if something goes wrong its just something thats changed not something thats actualy bad. that way u dont have ton of people reporting bugs thats nto bugs but just changes.