Do you still play Oblivion?

I'm still playing with Oblivion and I enjoy how the Storyline passes. Yes, Skyrim has more variety, it's more realistic and it has more choices and sub-missions but... I'm just a sentimental girl :) I like Oblivion since I buy it on a second-hand market in 2007 and, with the amount of mods installed and imagination I can have lots of hours of fun. So, yes, I'm still playing Oblivion and making videos of it. I love the way my character looks and I love to correct the translatin' mistakes with the TES Construction Set (ya know, I'm spanish and the original traduction sucks up).

BTW, Skyrim is far from perfect but it's incredibly amazing ^^

Do you still play Oblivion?

Not Right Now BUT Going back to it Soon!

Skyrim is Amazing But it still has a LOT of Bugs.

I'v Been Playing Fallout: New Vegas Most of the time!

Fallout: New Vegas gives Skyrim a buckshot blast and a kick in the ass, in my opinion. It got lower score ratings from reviewers like GameSpot, but I think its a whole lot more addictive than Fallout 3, and even more with the expansions. And including the mods, needless to say.

Lol sorry, now I'm wandering the topic off :/

People seem to hate Obsidian :/

Lol yeah, I think that's essentially why Obsidian wanted to get in on developing New Vegas; to possibly boost their morale & popularity. But I guess their attempt did more harm than good due to the massive memory leaks & lagging in the first release. And of course they would have an easy ticket in, because some of Obsidian's employees helped to make Fallout 1 & 2.

• 2 weeks later...

On Topic: I still play Morrowind and Oblivion. I play them more than Skyrim, I find skyrim to be very shallow. I recently stopped playing and modding for Skyrim cold turkey. Although I do feel I got my moneys worth, I invested well over 100 hours into my Nord Warrior; I haven't beaten the MQ though and to be honest don't care if Alduin eats the world. I've only completed the Companions questline.

Off Topic: As for Obsidian. I never understood the hate against them, they are the last true rpg game company. Fallout: New Vegas was a masterpiece imo. It had some of my favorite all time npcs such as No Bark and Fantastic.

btw here's a link to No Bark calling customer service.

Yeah, I also agree with Kain. I have over 100 hours myself but now when I go back, I can't find anything to do. It's hard for me to play Skyrim for more than five minutes, where as Oblivion even to this day I can play for hours on end.

Skyrim was a big letdown for me, they really should have kept it closer to Oblivion's style rather than simplifying it (IE; removing stats like endurance, strength, willpower, etc and making it go straight to the point, throwing in these odd magical perks that make you overpowered, nearly everything being a fetch quest and almost completely eliminating the disposition system from the game.)

Not to mention how nearly all of the quest lines were anticlimactic. Main quest? I didn't even know that it ended, and everybody still treats you like garbage. Nazeem sees you as a lowlife, people are still rude to you, nobody fears or honors you for you what you've done and guards still treat you like crap. College of Winterhold? Become Archmage just because Tolfdir isn't in the room. Thieves guild? Give up an item that's worth more than the entire questline itself and barely get a thanks, then be sent on more fetch quests just to get the title as GM that you should have gotten to begin with.

Disappointing, and I fear that TES VI will have more of this.

That said, I'm back to Oblivion and it's been an awesome revisit.

For me after playing Skyrim I can never ever EVER go back to Oblivion' date=' at least not the main part. The only reason I ever use Oblivion anymore is if I wanna fap or whatever. (Don't mock, you know you do it too :D ) So I'm wondering, does anyone else actually prefer the main storyline / gameplay of Oblivion over Skyrim's, and why do you feel that way?

[/quote']

I go back to play mods, fap, or to try more mods.

I don't really use any bethesda product for serious roleplay (at least without gigs and gigs of mods) because they are so RPG-lite in vanilla state.

On Topic: I still play Morrowind and Oblivion. I play them more than Skyrim' date=' I find skyrim to be very shallow.[/quote']

That is why I waited until late 2011 to finally buy FO3. Bethesda is mediocre at best at making RPGs (not to mention many of the same bugs I ran into for Oblivion occured in FO3, they're shit at fixing bugs, or otherwise testing on the PC). Also by buying it so late, mods existed in abundence to make it WORTH buying.

Off Topic: As for Obsidian. I never understood the hate against them' date=' they are the last true rpg game company.[/quote']

Indeed, their numbers include some of the people that made Fallout 1/2. Credentials like that are not to be taken lightly, unlike bethesdas, who hype a game that takes years to release, the two true Fallout games were rushed to release by the higherups at Intrepid (the same idiots that ran the company out of buisness despite producing so many great games). That is a quality pedigree, one that Bethesda cannot claim due to all the PR lies they habitually tell in the hype phase before a release.

btw here's a link to No Bark calling customer service.

I LOLd. Hard.

What has Skyrim to do with the OP's question?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Why do people always go off track' date=' hm?

[/quote']

Did you actually read what the OP wrote, hm?

Yes, is that a problem? I don' read the line "Do you still play Oblivion after having played Skyrim?"

People love to play a game because of itself and not because of its predecessor or sequel...

Daggerfall: The game that set the bar.

Morrowind: Things were added and things were taken away. On the whole' date=' the result was a good game. Replace the meshes and textures and it is still a superb game, that has elements that leave Oblivion and Skyrim for dust. Still played by many people.

Oblivion: Things were added and many things were taken away. On the whole, the result was a poor game that could be modded to be a good game. Still played by many people.

Skyrim: Graphics were added and many things were taken away. On, the whole, the result seems to be a poor game. The jury is still out if mods will make it a good game.

[/quote']

On the whole, I agree with Symon. I'd like to add that almost all the Main Quests are a little lacking in some way. I'd also add Fallout 3 in the mix for that too.

Some of the side quests in Skyrim are a little better and make more sense than many of Oblivion's and engage me more. Though the Mage quest was way too short for my liking.

I don't like the Skyrim's vanilla faces and bodies much. The landscape seems a little dull after a while. I end up feeling I'm in a movie where I'll have to play a chess game with Death at some point.

For all its sillines Oblivion is like a familiar friend that I like to revisit from time to time. Certainly it is unstable at times but Many of the mods out there certainly improved the game greatly.

The fact that Galgat is still making interesting mods for Oblivion is also good enough reason for me to play again.

I still play Oblivion, and am close to breaking the 400 hour barrier. As for Morrowind, I don't play it anymore; I beat the main quest line and then dropped it.

Morrowind never grabbed me like Oblivion did, even though I do prefer it's nine piece armor, short and long blades being their own skills, having spears and medium armor as equipping options.

I still play Oblivion too, and sometimes Morrowind, and few times Daggerfall but not Skyrim. Some folk says that Daggerfall is the best CRPG ever, well I'm just a short-tempered man so I prefer Morrowind. I'm not saying that I don't like Oblivion. Morrowind is a good game but Oblivion is an interesting game.

I've played over 2000 hours including Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim.. I bought Skyrim as soon as release but dropped it affter 400 hours and still waiting for some mods and to be a good game.

The fashion and modding are flexible and free, Cyrodiil is the best fantasy realm limited only to your imagination.

Skyrim are kinda one sided though, i played it. It's great, so import their asset to oblivion anyway.

Fallout.3 however is where my heart belong. Surviving the worst elements & Gun slinging for better futures, of course it's can be worst than Duke Nukem and Man Hunt but that's up to everyone mod preferences.

I stick to FWE, COTW, Creatures, weapons & enviroment overhaul. The rest is self modified to perfection. More hazards, More drama & no experience kill.

Hello! I don't have "Skyrim" yet, and to see people here writing about it as if it were already an old game is quite ironic to me. For more irony, this topic reminds me of when "Oblivion" was still new, and people were making the same sort of comments being made now. Now I did get that free offer that included the pre-Morrowind games. I looked forward to playing from the beginning to the end. But wow, it was so ugly looking, even though I recalled other games from that period that I used to play on the "NES", looking similar, but if I'm going to be looking at a nude woman, I want her to look good, not.... I don't know how to describe it. So I abandoned those games, oh, and speed was another factor. There was just something wrong in overall quality about the graphics that I couldn't really tell what I was looking at, or doing. I've never had "Morrowind" or seen it in play at someone else's home. So for me, it's all about "Oblivion", as far as "Elder Scrolls" games are concerned, though I look forward to owning "Skyrim" soon enough and hopefully being able to play it on this machine. Now it disheartens me when I read posts that seem like the poster is a spoiled brat, so if my comments about the pre-Morrowind games seem that way to those who love them, I apologize! I loved the cover art for "Arena", and I think I bought the game just for the cover's sake, but I don't know where it may be, so I don't know if I do own it or not. But if I had played it when it was new then, maybe I'd be just as nostalgic for them too. The other games I can compare "Oblivion" play to, are "Fallout 3", "Borderlands", and "Dragon Age: Origins", "The Sims", and "The Sims 2", and the first WWII-era "Call of Duty" games, and the old "Doom" and "Duke Nukem" games. Well, shoot, I suppose I'll end here before I ramble on for much longer.

I still get on every once in a while to mess around and watch people get raped, but I don't even bother doing quests and such anymore. The only thing that keeps me going back is the lovers system... I must admit, without that... I wouldn't be getting back on at all.

But just the other day I actually started a game where I'm going through the quests again... not all of them but the main story and shivering isles. Mostly just for shits and giggles.... and some fapping. (Lol)

But yea... once Skyrim has a system like lovers or sexout, I will be stuck on it. No idea how long that will take, but eventually someones going to find a way.

Oblivion is in my opinion still light years ahead of Skyrim in adult selection's, animation, and over all body style's, and shape's.

Truly informative material is most all over the net, with little or no restrictions on how or when you play it.

You may modify it in anyway you wish, and still play it so long as it does not CTD on start up.

There is way more information, and so many more mods for it, and tools of all types are readily available, as well as Script enchanter's, and resources galore.

with some of the beautification mod's it can look better that default Skyrim. I have not installed the official high res pack yet.

Some mods do complete overhauls of Oblivion, there for you can actually play totally different games.

Yes I still play Oblivion, and there are many reasons why.

1. one is there are probably still thousands of mods out there I have never got around to.

2. I feel safer, modding for it, as it has no real DRM. So someone else is unlikely to screw up my ability to play anything I wish in Oblivion.

3. I feel less restricted all the way around in Oblivion.

I do love sky rim, but it is still very young, I played it hot and heavy for about 2 week's. Now I am Very bored with it. I can not even bring myself to finish the main quest in it.

It is cool, but until it get more open ended freedom in its modding, and a lot more tool's, and easier or less intrusive to get tools and such, I have just not been playing it.

I just personally don't feel the same as I did in Oblivion, and Morrowind.

Where I am by my self in a world I create, and control in any way I wish.

I feel restricted. I think some modders may understand how I feel, but I doubt the diehard, Load it up gamers will.

Oblivion I will never putaway for good.

Skyrim I love it is far more real in my opinion and dark I like that.

Oblivion is more lively I feel like im more immersed in some fantasy world. ( better clothing variations too)

Morrowind I miss dearly, NO game has come close to my enjoyment of that one. Skyrim had potential to go that route but it lacked several themes, like how in morrowind you could go treasure hunting :D...

" Hmm... theres some kind of ledge all the way up there ...*levitates* OH!! a glowing ring thingy!! * picks up ring of magus * weeeee!!! ....*falls to his death*"

Ah i miss finding those little tidbits all over the place... and even those never got you enough gold to buy full steel armor..... all the armor variations.

Oblivion has mods like CLS, and Gates of Assgaard(spl)

Skyrim has...... nothing really yet. it will though they made huge breakthroughs since the release. I mean HUGE breakthroughs.

I haven't played Oblivion ever since my computer broke and I got this laptop as a replacement about 2 months ago. I just don't look forward to replacing my 90+ mods haha. However, Oblivion and Morrowind (and especially Morrowind) created such overwhelming intial impressions on me that Skyrim didn't even come close to recreating.

I remember first starting up Morrowind in 2003. I was only 12 back then and MAN, that soundtrack, immersive world, and huge array of items, skills, and spells just blew me away.

I haven't played Oblivion ever since my computer broke and I got this laptop as a replacement about 2 months ago. I just don't look forward to replacing my 90+ mods haha. However' date=' Oblivion and Morrowind (and especially Morrowind) created such overwhelming intial impressions on me that Skyrim didn't even come close to recreating.

I remember first starting up Morrowind in 2003. I was only 12 back then and MAN, that soundtrack, immersive world, and huge array of items, skills, and spells just blew me away.

[/quote']

You were 12? I likely had just joined the USAF at 19.

I don't mind taking a break from skyrim to cause a little havoc in Oblivion. Besides FNV where else can you "get it on" in game. I may abandon Oblivion for skyrim once a working lovers type system is stable and has some options but until then...

Don't forget a working companion/custom race mod.

Don't forget a working companion/custom race mod.

Yes. Once Emma ports Vilja (or creates someone new), and we see something like Viconia in-game (Blackreach sure looks like a response to the Underdark), that's when the fun starts. Of course, Bethsoft didn't put up the roadblocks in Oblivion as they have in Skyrim, so we'll have to be a bit patient yet-- or better yet find a way to support Doc, Fore, JoshNZ and the rest of the pioneers.

Until then? Yeah, I still play Oblivion. Morrowind too, because the immersion and atmosphere there still kicks ass over everything that came after.