Do you still play Oblivion?

Frankly I don't like Fallout3. I'm a boring classic fan. I like FO3's decadent atmosphere but when it comes to the gameplay itself it totally sucks.

...and the same goes to Oblivion and Skyrim. I hate 'Tongue' Howard :[ Well I love those games anyway

i love oblivion and fallout.3 [FWE+MMM+SHOJORACE+COTW+NV.MONSTERCORE+ EXTRA CREATURE ADD-ONS]

-- ;D

Damn, i can't live without them. Especially fallout.3 with all Realistic immersions.

Since i'm a Hardcore Splatter School & LoliGuro fan. It's rare to have a proper game with such true fashions. Fallout.3 has it all. NV is a bit too cheerful for my liking though, Mostly i just import NV mods to F3.

hah do I still play oblivion? damn right I do :D Ive owned the goty version before it was goty and still haven't seen all the goodies take this morning for example I started a new game and went to vilverfen a dungeon that I thought consisted of only 2 sections with a few bandits, a nice little starter dungeon i was testing some of the loves mods and running from a bandit in the second room when I discovered a floor switch I had NEVER seen before leading me to find that vilverfen is FAR FAR larger than I had ever thought

I'm coming from the perspective of a veteran eroge player here, so I don't really compartmentalize something as a "game" and something else as "fap material." If it adds to your enjoyment I don't see the point in dicing things up.

That said, Oblivion w/ xlovers has actually ruined me for subsequent beth games. It's more than just sexy time but the fact that it adds just so much more shit to do and the level of quality is ridiculously high.

FNV sexout pales in comparison with the quality of content that's out in oblivion, especially on the animation front, and Skyrim with the massive graphical upgrade and damn good looking characters with minimal modding is just a huge cocktease at this point.

Honestly, I'm not holding up any hopes of there being anything close to Obv with xlovers with Skyrim.

I love Skyrim but for me Oblivion will always be the greatest of the series. Cyrodill is much more fantastical in my opinion and the story is a bit more epic. I still play it everyday, along with morrowind which I'm currently trying to beat 100%.

That said, maybe after there's a wealth of mods (specifically the equivelent of loversPK) for skyrim and a couple expansions I will probably be an exclusively skyrim player.

I visit Oblivion once or twice a week, largely thanks to Triratna who has added so much more to the experience.

I've largely abandoned Skyrim. It's beautiful, but every update screws something up and the experience has degraded step by step since day one. They have tried to tramline (and castrate) modding in ways I don't like, so until I can work with Skyrim the way I want it's back on the shelf - maybe the last Beth game I bother to buy.

I spend a lot of time with Fallout 3 (NV doesn't really appeal) at the moment. There's something about that world that tugs a chord, and it seems to be more in scale than Oblivion. I dream of feral trespassers in a European setting where a comfortable elite survive in chateaued domains, but that's beyond my modding ambitions atm.

I am thinking of going back to Morrowind with some of the skills I've picked up in Cyrodiil and the Capital Wasteland. Morrowind is by far the most haunting of the games they made, but I believe that some of the creative geniuses that created it have since died or left Beth, which is why nothing since has really matched it.

Maybe Morroblivion is worth a shot?

Maybe Morroblivion is worth a shot?

Be cautious. Although they boast a nearly completed Morrowind on the website my experience has been less than my already low expectations.

They did an awesome job recreating the world and the look of Morrowind but as for the actual gameplay, its extremely easy and buggy.

On the Morrowblivion site they claim they have nearly finished all quests in the vanilla Morrowind, and that all guild quests and story quests are finished. I found numerous bugs that just destroyed the experience for me.

For instance in the 3rd quest of the fighters guild you have to go take out a cave of thieves. However when I got there the thieves did nothing, and I had to initiate conversation with them and choose the right decision tree in order to make them hostile (Theyre totally hostile in Morrowind. Furthermore as I attacked them the rest just stood around smiling at me until I could initiate conversation and choose the decision path individually with each one.

Anyway thats my two cents. Don't let it stop you but be wary.

• 3 weeks later...

I hated skyrim. Biggest hype I've ever had on a game' date=' then it turned out to be casual shit!

[/quote']

So normal bethesda PR spin for, well, everything then.

I actually intervied Pete Hines (PR guy for bethesda) abotu FO3, for a Fallout community site back when Bethesda first got the rights to Fallout.

Guy was biggest liar ever, I mean he'd hype his own feces if asked to.

I'll move on to Skyrim once I finally complete Oblivion and it's expansion's main quests. I play T4 for a while but then some other shiny game distracts me and I uninstall the game to make space.

Sort of the same for me. I balance what time I have with consoles as well. I still haven't even beaten Oblivion! If you can believe it. I mess around too much. I'm hoping Skyrim modding scene will improve (everything I hear is that it blows) and I can come in late to the game like I did with TES4.

I have been learning mod-making for 2 months, so I usually opened up TES4 to test the mod I am making. It’s odd that I found I became a little unfamiliar with the control system of TES4, because I just walk around to test the mod instead of really playing a game.

I don’t know why I am not so into Skyrim. It’s not because there are not much mods of Skyrim right now. I guess one of the reason is the map of Skyrim is too big & boring for me.

FO3 is good too, I really like the black humor of it.

I stopped playing Oblivion fow a while and went on to Dragon Age mainly cause of the Sappho's Daughters series of mods by Corvus I http://social.bioware.com/project/2739/ one of the best f/f adult mods i've played. Played a few online MMORPG's Twelve Sky....till it got overtaken by hackers and pulled :( Twelve Sky 2, Perfect World International and a few others.

It was stumbling across Lovers Lab that actually got me playing Oblivion again xD and i've just started playing

Triratna's childrens annuad :D

• 2 weeks later...

Skyrim is pretty interesting thing with better game mechanic and it's great game even without mods, but i prefer Oblivion. Cause enviroment: forests, lakes, etc... Summer! Skyrim is too cold. )) But i'll be patiently wait. Without mods - oblivion was not so good, as with them: transform all into one big cruel world. So... Maybe few years... and skyrim will repeat this.. But maybe Bethesda will make next TES and it's will be perfect game for playing and for modding too)) I hope for this.

It's the art/graphics style of Skyrim I just don't like. The architecture and armour design is also pretty dull. And of god any more more snow cover and stripped tress.

There are some great improvements in gameplay though and the change in races graphics wise is a massive step up but the Console UI is bloody terrible.

• 1 month later...

My real gripe is that it was over too damn quick. I finished the main quest in one week and most of the faction and daedric quests in the following week in one way or another, bringing Lydia with me for most of the ride. Admittedly, I did cut away a massive branch of quests when I played goody-two-shoes and destroyed the dark brotherhood, and I hadn't gone to the thieves guild yet, but I just wasn't feeling much motivation to go back to it. I'll probably fire up Oblivion again if the mood hits me. I've got all of my mods on two or three disks just for that purpose.

• 2 months later...

Funny story, I bought Oblivion last year because of the awesome mods that I would see on Youtube. I've probably put in who knows how many hours since experimenting with different mods. And I've never beaten a level passed the opening tutorial escape! :P

I haven't bought Skyrim yet, and the primary reason is because I feel the mod community doesn't compare to Oblivion. But I do see some really cool stuff every now and then. I'll probably get it sometime next year for sure. But if it will take Oblivion's place, hard to say.

Hell yeah, baby.

While I do sincerely like Skyrim and a good deal of its improved mechanics, Oblivion is still leagues ahead in terms of scope and customization.

Heck, people are coming up with improvements and dramatic modifications to this very day.

I bet Skyrim will grow into its own in due time, but it's going to take a while (and maybe a Shivering Isles-class DLC) until people actually exploit the system to its full potential.

But then, I'll always go back to things I like... :cool: