Rydin, I realized that your spanking animations (or the others in your animation pack) never get played. I tried turning off all the other animations in SLanimation loader until I saw your animations show up in the sexlabs animation toggle list. One of my mods (Maria Eden) groups animations by tags or names for selection through a pop up, but yours doesn't seem to show up in those groupings and they still aren't playing. Am I missing something? Like a tag word to pull them up?

Rydin, I realized that your spanking animations (or the others in your animation pack) never get played. I tried turning off all the other animations in SLanimation loader until I saw your animations show up in the sexlabs animation toggle list. One of my mods (Maria Eden) groups animations by tags or names for selection through a pop up, but yours doesn't seem to show up in those groupings and they still aren't playing. Am I missing something? Like a tag word to pull them up?

I am not sure what tag words Maria Eden uses to tag their animations (never used the mod personally). If you look in the text file in my SLAL pack it should tell you the tags I have used. If you cannot find it I can have a look tonight or tomorrow after work and get an answer to you.

I am not sure what tag words Maria Eden uses to tag their animations (never used the mod personally). If you look in the text file in my SLAL pack it should tell you the tags I have used. If you cannot find it I can have a look tonight or tomorrow after work and get an answer to you.

Thanks. I did see tag options for "straight" and I believe "foreplay" and "dirty" with your mod and those are listed in the popup for choices, but your animations aren't showing up.

I took a bunch of animations off and just left yours in SLAnimation loader. I'm seeing them registered in sexlabs under toggled animations. I want to be sure they are properly registered so they can actually be activated either manually or random selection (without using ME's selection options, say using sexlabs or sextools but I'm not aware of how you do that with those mods).

I'm also wondering if there's some master json file where I have to manually delete animations from it even though I've removed them. I'm a bit at a loss as to how to confirm they're registered properly and will play. IF you can give me a tip on that I'd appreciate it. 

Edit: I disabled all the animations in sexlabs & sexlabs animation loader except yours (the two spanking animations). I then used matchmaker spell to initiate a scene. They aren't playing. I even created a custom animation with sextools using stages from your animation and that doesn't play. I'm a bit stumped. 

Laste update; I installed NSAP and just activated those two animations and they work fine in game via NSAP. The initiate immediately with a matchmaker spell. They also show up in the ME list now. Hope that helps you figure out what's up.

Thanks. I did see tag options for "straight" and I believe "foreplay" and "dirty" with your mod and those are listed in the popup for choices, but your animations aren't showing up.

I took a bunch of animations off and just left yours in SLAnimation loader. I'm seeing them registered in sexlabs under toggled animations. I want to be sure they are properly registered so they can actually be activated either manually or random selection (without using ME's selection options, say using sexlabs or sextools but I'm not aware of how you do that with those mods).

I'm also wondering if there's some master json file where I have to manually delete animations from it even though I've removed them. I'm a bit at a loss as to how to confirm they're registered properly and will play. IF you can give me a tip on that I'd appreciate it. 

Edit: I disabled all the animations in sexlabs & sexlabs animation loader except yours (the two spanking animations). I then used matchmaker spell to initiate a scene. They aren't playing. I even created a custom animation with sextools using stages from your animation and that doesn't play. I'm a bit stumped. 

Laste update; I installed NSAP and just activated those two animations and they work fine in game via NSAP. The initiate immediately with a matchmaker spell. They also show up in the ME list now. Hope that helps you figure out what's up.

Thanks for all that info. Helps me diagnose the issue a bit better.

First off, I looked at the tags in SLAL:

Animation(
    id="overlap_spanking",
    name="Overlap Spanking",
    tags="Rydin,Sex,Dirty,Straight,Sitting,Spanking,Discipline,Fetish,Furniture,Object",
    sound="none",
    actor1=Female,
    actor2=Male,
)

Animation(
    id="underarm_spanking",
    name="Underarm Spanking",
    tags="Rydin,Sex,Dirty,Straight,Standing,Spanking,Discipline,Fetish",
    sound="none",
    actor1=Male,
    actor2=Male,

Then I looked at what I had in NSAP:

animPages[i] = "Rydin's Animations"
	animIDs[i] = "rydinOverlapSpanking"
	animNames[i] = "Rydin Overlap Spanking"
	animEnbled[i] = JSONUtil.GetIntValue("NSAPEnabledAnims", animIDs[i], missing = 0)
	animTags[i] 	= "Rydin,Sex,Straight,Sitting,Spanking,Dirty,MF"
	i += 1

animPages[i] = "Rydin's Animations"
	animIDs[i] = "rydinUnderarmSpanking"
	animNames[i] = "Rydin Underarm Spanking"
	animEnbled[i] = JSONUtil.GetIntValue("NSAPEnabledAnims", animIDs[i], missing = 0)
	animTags[i] 	= "Rydin,Sex,Straight,Standing,Spanking,Dirty,MF"

The main difference is the lack of "MF" tag and the addition of a few other tags (dunno why I have Furniture and Object in one of them). I understood that there was no requirement for the gender/pairing tag anymore so it should still run normally.

It's possible that a mod could be blocking animations from playing due to a certain tag I am using but that is very rare. And the tags are pretty similar between NSAP and the SLAL pack.

I'd need to download ME into my load order and have a look at it's registration process and understand how it gathers it's information. My initial theory is that NSAP adds animations to SexLab via CK scripts and a quest but SLAL does it through json files, not a quest built in via CK. It's just a theory right now as I am thinking about the difference between NSAP and SLAL; I may be completely off but I haven't really studied the workings of SLAL on a scripting level to be able to say if that's a cause.

Thanks for the information you have given me. I'll use it when I download ME and take a look. It might now be until closer to the weekend I am afraid but I'll do it as soon as I can.

Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, there is 1435 scripts so it might be hard to find the issue. I'll load it in game and give it a go, but as I'm not acustomed to it you might need to tell me what you do to try and get them to work. You said something about a pop up menu so I'll look for that.

Only 1,435? :D

The  mod Maria Eden has a debug function where you can set it to preselect sex scenes. So basically, when a sex scene activated by that mod goes off, it gives you a pop up list of the groupings by tags. So when your character is wearing the Whore Outfit, and then goes up to an npc, and you choose what I recall is the top dialogue option that says something like "Would you like to do something with me?", then you'll get prompted with a choice of sex options. I'm pretty sure the vanilla sex option (I will spread my legs for you) gives you the option of ANY animation so you choose that one. 

With NSAP, the 3 animations in question show up. With the SLAL, they won't show up.

Does that help at all?

*edit - if you need help testing the animations, let me know. I've got mod manager set up so I can test something like this pretty easy, you can just send me the SLAL file to install and test. 

Hi there!

I have followed your instructions and I gave the mod a try and used the options you mentioned. After doing so I noticed that I was very limited to what I could select. Even when I selected a popular animator like Leito (and I have his packs installed) the options were very limited. I couldn't see Anub or FunnyBizness show up on mine either. I could go itno SexLab and see every animation installed through SLAL packs but when the list of tags came up it was a truncated version.

Have you asked the ME creator how tags are selected by any chance? Cause when it came up for me I did not get a full list of every tag.

Here is a suggestion. Could you try SLATE and add the tags that were on NSAP onto my animations and see if it makes a difference (just use the earlier post with the code snippit).

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Rydin, just found your pack, looking at the daugr anim id like to give you one tip. Its good idea to make reciving actor react to impact using com controller. In doggystyle type of animations for example move the reciveing actor the same way as the giving actor abit. Then move keys forward few frames so they dont move at the same rythm. Will make it look like recieving actor is bouncing with the movement instead being set in stone. The reason that ppl say that leitos animation feel very impactfull is that he untilize this to very large extent.

Hey Rydin, just found your pack, looking at the daugr anim id like to give you one tip. Its good idea to make reciving actor react to impact using com controller. In doggystyle type of animations for example move the reciveing actor the same way as the giving actor abit. Then move keys forward few frames so they dont move at the same rythm. Will make it look like recieving actor is bouncing with the movement instead being set in stone. The reason that ppl say that leitos animation feel very impactfull is that he untilize this to very large extent.

Thanks for this ti[. I do hope at some point to re go over some of my older animations to improve them when I get settled. Once I load up 3DSMAX I've give it a go. If I need any more advice (cause I've forgotten) I'll send you a PM.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Rydin, I just installed your pack and FNIS gave me this consistency check text. Should I be concerned?

Missing AnimFile rydin_xcross_aggressive_anal_a1_s1.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack
Missing AnimFile rydin_xcross_aggressive_anal_a1_s2.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack
Missing AnimFile rydin_xcross_aggressive_anal_a2_s1.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack
Missing AnimFile rydin_xcross_aggressive_anal_a2_s2.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack
Missing AnimFile rydin_draugr_aggressive_jockey_anal_a1_s1.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack
Missing AnimFile rydin_draugr_aggressive_jockey_anal_a1_s2.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack
Missing AnimFile rydin_draugr_aggressive_jockey_anal_a2_s1.hkx for draugr, mod RydinAnimationPack
Missing AnimFile rydin_draugr_aggressive_jockey_anal_a2_s2.hkx for draugr, mod RydinAnimationPack
 8 possible consistence issues

Thanks in advance!

Hey, Rydin, I just installed your pack and FNIS gave me this consistency check text. Should I be concerned?

Missing AnimFile rydin_xcross_aggressive_anal_a1_s1.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack

Missing AnimFile rydin_xcross_aggressive_anal_a1_s2.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack

Missing AnimFile rydin_xcross_aggressive_anal_a2_s1.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack

Missing AnimFile rydin_xcross_aggressive_anal_a2_s2.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack

Missing AnimFile rydin_draugr_aggressive_jockey_anal_a1_s1.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack

Missing AnimFile rydin_draugr_aggressive_jockey_anal_a1_s2.hkx for character, mod RydinAnimationPack

Missing AnimFile rydin_draugr_aggressive_jockey_anal_a2_s1.hkx for draugr, mod RydinAnimationPack

Missing AnimFile rydin_draugr_aggressive_jockey_anal_a2_s2.hkx for draugr, mod RydinAnimationPack

Thanks in advance!

Nope you're fine for now :D

• 6 months later...

Thanks in advance!

Ah, fine to have an issue and already get the answer in the last post :-) I assume those animations aren't finished yet ? maybe still some stages missing ?

Thanks in advance!

Ah, fine to have an issue and already get the answer in the last post :-) I assume those animations aren't finished yet ? maybe still some stages missing ?

Yeah. But don't worry about it. I'm playing on scrapping my old animations and redoing them all anyways.

• 2 months later...

So I said I was going to try and sort shit out and start animating again. Let's see how long this lasts shall we? :P

rydin_masturbation_anal_fingering_s1.png

My plan is to focus on gay/futa animations and some draugr animations as it seems there are plenty of male/female and other creature amimations. I will redo my older animations ideally with better percision and smoother movements. I also want to try and do some intros and ends, as well as not sticking to the standard 200 frame animation.

Leave it with me and we will see what I come up with.

EDIT: Full preview on the preview post (#2)

• 2 weeks later...

Added a new aniamtion, this ime an idle than a staged one called "standing cornertime". It's suppose to be a looping idle that can be used when an actor is placed in a corner to stand after being punished. I made it for use in my spanking mod that I hope to continue work on soon. You can see a full preview on two as normal.

The good news is I have done some research and some file cleaning and rig setups that I am all ready to go. I found I was using more bones than required and when getting error messages I wasn;t sure what was going on but I have managed to make sense of it all now. I have also been able to reduce the file size of animations to about 5-15% of what I was normally uploading them at. I have only done this on two animations so far so I am working on testing it with more to make sure they all still work in game. I'll look at putting up a guide if it helps anyone with what I've learned. ^^

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Devious Followers now has some dedicated (but optional) support for the Rydin SLAL pack Underarm and Over-lap spanking animations.

These work pretty well for those situations where spanking is taking place outdoors. 

DF users need to install the Rydin SLAL pack to get the use of these animations.

DF is also supporting Nibbles Spanking (Chair), Nibbles Spanking (Paddle) (from the Nibbles objects SLAL pack) and Anub  Rape (which has a doggy position spank in it).

Is it possible to get permission to add the Rydin spanking animations into a small Spanking Collection SLAL pack that DF users could use to get all the supported spanking animations in one place?

The animations would be named something like "DF Rydin Spanking (Overlap)" and "DF Rydin Spanking (Underarm)" (as the pack needs a unique prefix), and of course there would be the expected credits.

Speaking of spanking animations, it would certainly be great to see new ones, especially animations that are immersive both in an indoors or outdoors situation. The Nibbles animations are great, but with the chair, they don't make sense when played outdoors. This is something that DF takes account of, but SexLab in general cannot. A pose that would be awesome (and useful) is with the victim bending sharply at the waist with her hands on her knees, exposing her bottom for spanking, which could be combined with the spanker going at her bare-handed, with a paddle, or even a crop. I hope someday somebody will do that.

Other than Sex Slaves - Mia's Lair, there hasn't been a mod that made a big thing of PC spanking, but I'm working to change that, and hope to expand on the existing spanking support in DF in the future.

On 6/14/2020 at 8:56 AM, Lupine00 said:

Devious Followers now has some dedicated (but optional) support for the Rydin SLAL pack Underarm and Over-lap spanking animations.

These work pretty well for those situations where spanking is taking place outdoors. 

DF users need to install the Rydin SLAL pack to get the use of these animations.

DF is also supporting Nibbles Spanking (Chair), Nibbles Spanking (Paddle) (from the Nibbles objects SLAL pack) and Anub  Rape (which has a doggy position spank in it).

Is it possible to get permission to add the Rydin spanking animations into a small Spanking Collection SLAL pack that DF users could use to get all the supported spanking animations in one place?

The animations would be named something like "DF Rydin Spanking (Overlap)" and "DF Rydin Spanking (Underarm)" (as the pack needs a unique prefix), and of course there would be the expected credits.

Speaking of spanking animations, it would certainly be great to see new ones, especially animations that are immersive both in an indoors or outdoors situation. The Nibbles animations are great, but with the chair, they don't make sense when played outdoors. This is something that DF takes account of, but SexLab in general cannot. A pose that would be awesome (and useful) is with the victim bending sharply at the waist with her hands on her knees, exposing her bottom for spanking, which could be combined with the spanker going at her bare-handed, with a paddle, or even a crop. I hope someday somebody will do that.

Other than Sex Slaves - Mia's Lair, there hasn't been a mod that made a big thing of PC spanking, but I'm working to change that, and hope to expand on the existing spanking support in DF in the future.

Hi @Lupine00! Sorry, I didn't get these reply in my notifications and as I'm more of a lurker, I must have missed it. Sorry for the delayed response.

It's cool to use the animations with credit as you suggested. I'm happy they are still relevant to some.

Unfortunately, as much as I'd love to make more animations, I had tried to rescue my drive with 3DS MAX on it and it failed so I ended up wiping it to use it as a new storage drive. I'd need to find a replacement 3DS MAX that works with the right tools or another program to work with (I think Blender works but I'd have to look into it). If I do get the chance and make some, I'll keep this request in mind! Thanks!

33 minutes ago, rydin said:

It's cool to use the animations with credit as you suggested. I'm happy they are still relevant to some.

Thanks. That's much appreciated.

The new Blender is less idiosyncratic than the previous versions; it's an extremely mature tool now.

Getting stuff in and out for Skyrim is still a bit of a pain though, and it's got quite a learning curve coming from Max; there is now a mode where you can set some "standard" keys, which include some Max mappings. I'm not sure that's a big help though. It's the most similar to Max it's ever been, but it's still quite different.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, and here I thought there are no spanking mods that can be used as a male player "vicitim". Now this one is even male-male. I'm so happy I found this! Thank you! :classic_angel: I hope it works with my installed mods. Also wondering how much male-male content I'm missing out. It's so hard to find those for me. Now I have male content FOMO. :classic_blush:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/1/2022 at 4:35 PM, Cornoholio said:

FNIs is giving this out, anything I can do about it?

Unbedsasdnannt.PNG

Doesn't really matter, it's just that these animations are listed in a text file that lists all animations in the pack. The animations in the error don't exist in the pack, so you just can't use them.