{ABANDONED} Mistaken Identity

Guest castielxlt

MMM...

1 too slow scrip load

2 some quest misions + markers errors

3 too short quest line

Good Mod, but you need put some ciclick actions... escape ways... sell trade slave... maybe some like skooma whore prostitution but youll become slave... etc

Hey, I scanned the replies here, but didn't see an answer to my problem--when installing, this mod asked to override sexlab files. I was under the impression this shouldn't be done--so I disallowed.  edit: allowed override

Mistaken Identity started out working fine--dialog hung after waking in the cell--I could see my reply option but could not click it. Disable/enable on mistress fixed it.

Next issue was in the dawnstar inn--pathing hung after talking to the innkeeper while standing in FRONT of the counter, AI took control only if standing behind counter close to innkeeper.

Next issue (where I'm currently stalled). The next sexlab/zaz scene hangs or skyrim crashes, whether it's returning to the mistress or submitting to the innkeeper.  edit: I purged all "devices underneath" and was able to get through the sexlab scene for the innkeeper.  Still crashing on serafina a second after "this is a punishment a slave learns to enjoy!"  Any tips on how to get past this?

Loving the mod so far. Keep it up! You're inspiring me to try modding myself, because your style here is very fresh, and even if I can't do fancy scripting, I can write a cool story like you, perhaps.

Hey, I scanned the replies here, but didn't see an answer to my problem--when installing, this mod asked to override sexlab files. I was under the impression this shouldn't be done--so I disallowed.  edit: allowed override

Mistaken Identity started out working fine--dialog hung after waking in the cell--I could see my reply option but could not click it. Disable/enable on mistress fixed it.

Next issue was in the dawnstar inn--pathing hung after talking to the innkeeper while standing in FRONT of the counter, AI took control only if standing behind counter close to innkeeper.

Next issue (where I'm currently stalled). The next sexlab/zaz scene hangs or skyrim crashes, whether it's returning to the mistress or submitting to the innkeeper.  edit: I purged all "devices underneath" and was able to get through the sexlab scene for the innkeeper.  Still crashing on serafina a second after "this is a punishment a slave learns to enjoy!"  Any tips on how to get past this?

Loving the mod so far. Keep it up! You're inspiring me to try modding myself, because your style here is very fresh, and even if I can't do fancy scripting, I can write a cool story like you, perhaps.

Same for me ,but only the problem whit sexlab scene , quest works good ... but when sex scene start game crash instant.

Sometimes the first sexlab scene works whitout crash , but any sexlab scene after crash the game all time.

Same for me ,but only the problem whit sexlab scene , quest works good ... but when sex scene start game crash instant.

Sometimes the first sexlab scene works whitout crash , but any sexlab scene after crash the game all time.

No mod should be overwriting Sexlab files. Their inclusion in this mod is a packaging mistake, they do not belong to this mod but the CK may have decided they were a part of this mod and the author did not catch those inclusions before releasing this mod.

The author did not change the files, they are the same as the ones in the Sexlab release version but of course will be rendered obsolete and cause mighty problems when the next version of Sexlab is released or for anyone trying the beta version right now.

If allowing this to overwrite the Sexlab files seems to have fixed anything then you changed something else at the same time or your Sexlab install was already screwed up.

donotbugme needs to repackage and rerelease the mod with the extra files removed (and watch what the CK includes, it is NOT your friend and has pulled this same nasty trick on other modders, myself included).

I did get to a point where I could struggle through the mod--like another post a few pages back; in sexlab animations, I altered the timers on "aggressive" sex scenes. That's all--reduced the scene lengths to, say, 10 seconds each.

For some reason, this worked. Sort of. There was still at least one crash, and sometimes dialog options would flash on the screen but immediately vanish as a new sexlab scene began. After another hitch, I tried to preempt the crash by initiating dialog ASAP, but after that point, the mod appeared a bit fragmented and scenes blurred together until the ending.

So, You know, skrim is a fickle game that appears to work differently for everyone, I'm just glad I got through it, and I hope donotbugme keeps working on it. Fresh premise, great writing.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some problems near the new house in Falkreath, but it's not the most problematc.

The most problemic is some scripts are missing, particulary the setstages after dialogues : the quest dont progress, even if you spoke tot the persons.

The consolme is quite useless too.

Maybe there are some condtionnals (actor level, etc...) who lock the progression ?

Hi all,

anyone having the same issue? I wanted to try this mod, but when I go to Andrea, she won't talk to me. I tried the b and the c version in 2 different saves (one heavily modded and one lightly modded). She is there, but she is not interacting with me.

Edit: As I see at least some other person has similar problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, sorry for the long silence and practically ignoring messages and quest feedback, not too proud of that but hey, we're back. I've been effectively frozen in time due to a harddrive failure, real life and stuff doesn't help and I didn't want to post anything until I've started working on the mod again. So sorry I guess. Theres a LOT of real problems with the mod I wasn't having much luck with but I'm ready to try and strong arm something out of this mess.

Right now I've summarized a shitload of some super basic problems I haven't been able to clean out last I checked my todo list, I have a fresh install of skyrim and will be trying to get my dev environment up and running so I can try and crack on. Im not sure what im going to do, where I should be focusing but I hope to have within two weeks. the following

0. Get Dev Environment running properly with DD/Sexlab scripts compiling.

1. Create Navmeshed Interior Cells for The Manor and Dungeon

2. A quest including Three separate NPCs with dialogue.

3. Three repeatable scenes utilizing non-crashy sexlab.

4. Utilizing Generic Devious Devices

5. Uploaded after testing to confirm there are no issues with quest aliases

I'll give an update on friday I think, I'm keeping it simple, far simpler than the first Mistaken Identity release at least. But a little repeatable for pleasure. Possibly. I'm still thinking on that!

Thanks for your understanding and comments. I hope to have something you guys can enjoy soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Folks, sorry for the long silence and practically ignoring messages and quest feedback, not too proud of that but hey, we're back. I've been effectively frozen in time due to a harddrive failure, real life and stuff doesn't help and I didn't want to post anything until I've started working on the mod again. So sorry I guess. Theres a LOT of real problems with the mod I wasn't having much luck with but I'm ready to try and strong arm something out of this mess.

Right now I've summarized a shitload of some super basic problems I haven't been able to clean out last I checked my todo list, I have a fresh install of skyrim and will be trying to get my dev environment up and running so I can try and crack on. Im not sure what im going to do, where I should be focusing but I hope to have within two weeks. the following

0. Get Dev Environment running properly with DD/Sexlab scripts compiling.

1. Create Navmeshed Interior Cells for The Manor and Dungeon

2. A quest including Three separate NPCs with dialogue.

3. Three repeatable scenes utilizing non-crashy sexlab.

4. Utilizing Generic Devious Devices

5. Uploaded after testing to confirm there are no issues with quest aliases

I'll give an update on friday I think, I'm keeping it simple, far simpler than the first Mistaken Identity release at least. But a little repeatable for pleasure. Possibly. I'm still thinking on that!

Thanks for your understanding and comments. I hope to have something you guys can enjoy soon!

Hey donotbugme, did you manage to get your dev environment running?

Went back to the inn I don't see her Just a map marker she look like she under the inn what do I do now 

The current release is broken, wait until donotbugme is able to update the mod

OK I will just disable the mod and play it again went it is fixed thanks

IIRC at that point you can still approach to the innkeeper and ask him about that woman.

Went back to the inn I don't see her Just a map marker she look like she under the inn what do I do now 

The current release is broken, wait until donotbugme is able to update the mod

OK I will just disable the mod and play it again went it is fixed thanks

IIRC at that point you can still approach to the innkeeper and ask him about that woman.

Yeah she's gone at that point in the quest, you can't talk to her.

If you revert save to a point where she's in the inn, select her actor in the console, then use "enable" at the later point in the quest she reappears at the marker on the floor, but she won't have any dialogue to talk to you. She's supposed to be un-reachable, and you are supposed to talk to the other NPCs to advance.

I would like to be able to find her in-game, but when I tried to teleport to her actor it just teleported me to the marker, which is how I found out her actor was just disabled.

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded the 2c version, no dialog in Andrea, and quest does not start when "setstage mixasimpledelivery 10".

Is there any condition about PC level ? I am just in a new playthrough with a level 6 character

I gonna keep trying things, this one sounds interesting ;)

Try the fix provided on Pg 5. It worked brilliantly for me.

What else worked was selecting the target NPC through console and 'disable' followed by 'enable' them.

Just downloaded the 2c version, no dialog in Andrea, and quest does not start when "setstage mixasimpledelivery 10".

Is there any condition about PC level ? I am just in a new playthrough with a level 6 character

I gonna keep trying things, this one sounds interesting ;)

Try the fix provided on Pg 5. It worked brilliantly for me.

What else worked was selecting the target NPC through console and 'disable' followed by 'enable' them.

Thanks, the patch worked. I was searching the thread for any fix or whatever, but I didn´t see that post with the link

Just started the quest and testing, it seems a great begining for a nice and kinky mod :P, the ones we love and want. I hope the final goal is to have the PC trained and delivered to her new Master (kind of "bad end" ?) :)