{ABANDONED} Mistaken Identity

you could add some more "feeling helpless" thing at the beginning

normally first thing that should happen after you wake up in the dungeon is "WTF do you think you're doing?!?!"

IMO player should be kept gagged and blindfolded until that scene when mistress talks to you at the end.

you could add some fade ins and fade outs and debug messageboxes to show the passing time - so player is put in a cage, screen blackens slowly, debug messagebox to explain that you are kept alone in the pitch darkness and you have no idea how much time have passed.

btw version 2c worked properly for me except for face color mismatch

there are two ways to deal with color mismatch

- set every actor to clone some existing vanilla actor appearance

for example

post-317987-0-20387400-1456170611_thumb.jpg

or

- generate FaceGenData files for every unique actor that you use

post-317987-0-10904200-1456170621_thumb.jpg

then you will have to attach generated files in your mod. You will find it here:

post-317987-0-05227600-1456170626_thumb.jpg

and in "...\Textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\MistakenIdentity.esp"

I'll get the blackface sorted out when I next get into fixing up the MIx Mod. So glad this nightmare mod is past the worst despite having cut the heart out of it, I honestly don't know how people develop dialogue and scene heavy mods when testing it is so expensive in terms of launching the game,playing up to and testing the scene, dialogue options, getting scripts to run. Absolutely shocking the amount of gotchas there is trying to make a mod and id never stand a chance without the help. Thanks for the advice.

For me its a matter of storing savegames at various points which i consider important. It's important to make a save which would allow you to make changes and test it so you wont have to play the whole quest all over again. Its not always possible tho...

Also it makes your life easier if you write your mod this way so you will be able to quickly advance the action via console setstage so for example in SS you can skip most of starting quest with 4-5 console commands...

A little bit higher league is to create yourself a "utility mod" to handle your own mod. For example you create a mod that by pushing an MCM button the action in your mod is advanced by several hours. If made properly this can greatly reduce the time spent on testing - you start a new game, push a couple of MCM buttons in that utility mod and you're ready to test some scene in your mod even if normally you would have to play for couple of hours to get to that point.

But still testing of major updates takes a lot of time and it would help you a lot if someone would do it for you.

for example when Fishburger wrote Andrew update to SS then i guess 5 ppl were testing it for him. There was over 20 alpha / beta versions - each was tested, bugfixed then you apply changes, feedback... it took over a month of intense work.

I've always been worried that some random setting or change made in the CK wouldnt apply to a game I loaded rather than started afresh, If thats not the case I'll start making saves at different quest progressions and see how that goes then for speeding up my playtesting. Thanks. Most of my frustration was having to start a new game, coc into the cell after character creation.. Workflow for any future mods should improve a lot I hope if I can just load from within cells in the mod in the middle of the quest.

Here to confirm the new version worked for me as well. 

I had to restart Skyrim twice for it to work, at which point it solved both Andrea not having dialog options and the gray-face bug.

Looks like a pretty solid foundation to build on--hope you keep it up!

Thanks to all those who tried the mod out and offered advice, I'm terrified to name names in case I forgot someone but you know who you are and I appreciate the effort you put into helping me out.

It's great that I was finally able to release a working (lol?) mod.

I should say as of right now I consider that this mod is discontinued though anyone with the desire or inclination can feel free to create/expand and use the stuff/ideas/assets I have in any way they wish.

Working with the CK is definitely not the easiest thing in the world, I'm currently playing at another mod because I want to see if its possible for me to make a more ...stimulating experience than watching a few terrible janky looking cutscenes.

Edit: accidently my thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Although it's maybe not the most thoughtful comment, i'm really glad you made it ;)

I totally missed that mod?

Think we had a spambot pass through this way recently, left low quality posts all throughout the forum. Must say It's a  little embarrassing to see this mod again on the front page. It's really not good at all! It was my first steps in the creation kit, and the more kinky mods . My new mod Suspicious Gold Starter (SGS) I hope is a lot more interesting, robust and less likely to fall over, break and burst into flames. Still thanks for checking out my mod and leaving a post.

I don't plan on revisiting this mod anytime soon sadly. I've Pretty much abandoned it even though it was a cute little idea. Although oddly enough I'm tinkering with a series of slave training scenes and dialogues - basically what this entire mod consisted of - in my new mod so this is oddly topical (you may be able to see the relevance if you stalk my post history in the sexlab framework tech support subforum)

Although it's maybe not the most thoughtful comment, i'm really glad you made it ;)

I totally missed that mod?

Think we had a spambot pass through this way recently, left low quality posts all throughout the forum. Must say It's a  little embarrassing to see this mod again on the front page. It's really not good at all! It was my first steps in the creation kit, and the more kinky mods . My new mod Suspicious Gold Starter (SGS) I hope is a lot more interesting, robust and less likely to fall over, break and burst into flames. Still thanks for checking out my mod and leaving a post.

I don't plan on revisiting this mod anytime soon sadly. I've Pretty much abandoned it even though it was a cute little idea. Although oddly enough I'm tinkering with a series of slave training scenes and dialogues - basically what this entire mod consisted of - in my new mod so this is oddly topical (you may be able to see the relevance if you stalk my post history in the sexlab framework tech support subforum)

Yes, i've seen it. I have to admit, i still didn't try your new mod either because i was trapped in some (quest)devices and thought that might cause trouble with your or the other mod. But i will, both ;) I'm always glad about some questmods, for me the story is as important as the technique and according to the desription it won't cost me much time to try it. But it sounds very promising :) 

Abandoned for a while now. Just wanted to make the announcement clear, Basically the way the mod was proceeding was heavy scene and dialogue, and I wasn't enjoying doing it at all, to the point of just simply wanting to uninstall the CK and call it.

Im working on my new mod now and avoiding the scene and dialogue aspects of the CK after a troubling start to going down the same path. What this means is this mod is abandoned, anyone can make whatever use of it as they wish, but I do not forsee putting more time into making this MIx mod.

Currently having a blast with my newer mod "Suspicious Gold Start - A Devious Quest" and thats where all my CK time is being devoted to. I wish I had a better workflow to work through scenes and the more passive experiences but I just didn't enjoy it, and my workfow is complete ass, so i'm doing something else that still keeps me interested.

Will keep update info on my new mods topic as I tinker and make new (hopefully)interesting things to play with.

Thanks for interest in my old mod MIx sadly it is rip.

• 3 weeks later...

poor mod common bugs and glitches fix it or remove it

Perhaps you didn't read the rules? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/292-rules/?p=6248

Offer constructive criticism but do not come in and shit on a mod (and by implication the modder) like that, not even an abandoned effort which can and SHOULD remain available in case someone wants to try to complete it or just needs an example for inspiration.

• 1 year later...

Love the mod, had it downloaded for a while but just figured out how to go about it.  I'm sorry you decided to abandon it, it shows a lot of promise.  I'm going to check for your other mod you mentioned, thank you for the effort, even though it's a basic framework of an idea, I'd definitely give this one an A :)  Keep up the good work, and please don't get discouraged

• 2 years later...