A good hunger/thirst mod

QuiteTheTail

Since I have COBL installed, I can't help but feel sorry for those empty buffet plates in the inns, and the dummy water wells. I wish to add some immersion installing a hunger/thirst mod, can you suggest me one? Possibly one with little impact on playability. I mean, the last thing I want is my character to faint during combat, or worse!

It's good to know I can always count on you, ladies and gentlemen, this is why I'm proud to have become a member of this crazy bunch.

I trust your judgement, DoP, obviously this will save me from trying every hunger mod around. Thank you for sharing your experience.

You're welcome...and thanks.

Besides water, all non-COBL stock drinks such as wine and beer get rid of your thirst. Food, same deal...minus COBL food and Cheese Wedges...he forgot, I think. If you have any mod that alters food or drink, make sure this one loads after those. A key can be bought at various stores (Thoronir's, for example) that allow you the ability to draw water from stock Oblivion wells...minus the one in the Anvil Castle Courtyard...he forgot, again. You might need more than one water/beer/wine or combo to get rid of thirst if you've been thirsty for a while. Food is done by weight. But Boar's meat always seems to fill me up.

I run this mod at x10 or x15 game speed normally (or less). x30 made hunger and thirst an all too common a thing. He made it so you can not die from thirst hunger or lack of sleep...just severely f-ed up. That's because some people just let their Oblivion run like a screensaver, etc.

One of my favorite things about this mod is how it handles fatigue. It drops a LOT faster. So now potions like restore fatigue aren't useless junk. So if you have one of those slave mods running that looks for low PC fatigue...beware...lol.

Taking the risk yes, but in somewhat different way thay you meant. Low fatigue mods could cause trouble if especially some of the lovers mods are involved. Some mods knock npcs down by lowering fatigue below zero when exhausted, or encumbered too much, and this can be troublesome, they cannot play lovers animation.

I had to modify a couple of mods myself such as raperS to prevent them from damaging my strength and fatigue.

This particular hunger mod doesn't bugger things up like that with my Oblivion. No drains.

What it does do is your fatigue bar will drop a lot faster during a fight or while running/jumping, etc. So...shield-up and face your opponent...or it could be slave-time 4 U.

PSE is in my whishlist, but it must wait for now, so I have not much to worry about. Besides, my character has "done Tamriel" a couple of times already, and there's no hunger mod to blame for it. I found it rather funny and regenerating, too. Could make it again, every now and then.  :lol:

Indeed. After the sheer novelty of Lovers wears off...it does, eventually...lol...one needs to turn one's attention back to adventuring. I want the various mods I use now to work as intended, play well with others (no major conflicts) and above all...be constructed properly. AI packages, pathing grids and what-not.

One bad mod can screw up a dozen good mods.

• 4 weeks later...

I use BPN (basic personal needs) along with BPH (basic personal hygiene) and BPA (basic physical activities) and these all work well with lovers. There's also a patch for BPH that puts tubs and toilets in the inns. If you like good crafting systems in your games, craftybits is very nice too. Everything is done in game instead of menus. You get to put a plate down by fire and cook the meat.

Archived