Samsung Allegedly Acquire AMD

samsung_logo.jpg

http://www.eteknix.com/samsung-allegedly-acquire-amd/

Question is if this happens what happen to AMD CPU(license with intel(x86) but specially GPU section will it continuing or not if not this very bad for whole PC branch in general and gamers if you have no choice anymore.

Could be this is my last upgrade if all go bad and AMD just sucked up into samsung:(

Future will see if this fruitful or not?

Your Samsung graphics card will no doubt spy on you. :lol:

Not even funny since so many people would believe that.

On a side note, if Samsung did acquire them, maybe they'd make good enough CPUs and GPUs to actually be competition.  I mean Samsung already makes the best SSDs on the market for consumers so they've proven they know what people want out of PC Components.

And no, Samsung wouldn't just shut down AMD if they acquired them, that would make the acquisition pointless and there is no monetary or business benefit to doing so.  

Not possible even it was true because of the way the x86 licencing works. Recently Intel had given AMD money plus the x86 licencing in return for [partial] use of the AMD64 instructions as per the settlement AMD launched on Intel. However, the cavet is that if AMD does get acquired by an external company like the above, then the x86 licence is nullified.

And honestly, I think Intel will want AMD to still exist, even if weakened like so. 

Archived