Kanna Hashimoto

ray_falkner

post-95254-0-96570900-1426994941_thumb.jpg

The only idol who just took the whole country's attention on the basis of a single photo two years ago, which made her famous overnight and given the sobriquet, "Once in a Thousand Years Idol".

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/12/05/once-in-a-thousand-year-idol-kanna-hashimoto-visiting-alook-tokyo-and-osaka-on-the-same-day/

Unfortunately only a few of us here really understand her significance.

Haha! That title is an exaggeration of course, a lovely one though.

but yeah perhaps her natural, girl-next-door looks without any of those cosmetic surgery thingy (that seems to be growing more and more common with TV performers these days)-

brings a much needed fresh air to the idol industry in Japan.

tumblr_mxr3mnbLLE1rxit9xo3_1280.jpg

Well she does reminds me of my highschool days.

I live in SEA region where our "old school"-ity typically makes all female students never wear make ups or don fancy hairstyle before stepping up into the college at least;

and usually here bounds to be at least a girl in your school whom is a top academic performer--

she will always arrive at class early and leave very late at a test,

annoying because she's kind of a prude and all she talks to you is about lessons and homeworks,

handy because she's the go-to person to borrow the lesson's note, or a ruler, a sharpener, or to ask if there's any homework assignment due tomorrow,

-and surprisingly she's actually a beauty but she didn't realize it (and so are you until it's too late....

tumblr_mxr3mnbLLE1rxit9xo1_1280.jpg

... way too late).

Why I'm not into South Korean entertainment and never will.

Haha, don't get me wrong though;

I typed that cosmetic surgery are very prevalent these days among idols and the likes,

but when you think about it, cosmetics and make ups are already here in our world probably even before the time of ancient Egypt and current cosmetic surgery is pretty much a "make up" in a sense, though pretty much a permanent one.

I personally don't loathe the said surgery.

What I hate is how some of those who had it pretend that they don't and then claiming that they are all natural, "I was born like this" and such. Come on, they try to took everyone for a fool? That's insulting.

I have problem with liars but in general I have no qualms about people wanting to be beautiful,

who doesn't want to? Even my 80 y/o grandmother still become happy when I bought her a make up set that matches her skin tone and will hide her skin spots better.

Don't hate the cosmetic surgery. Like a tattoo, a masterfully done one is a testament of skill and art in itself.

I really don't understand this whole idol thing.  Is there an explanation that won't make it sound creepy?  Because honestly at a glance this seems pretty creepy.

It is called personal preference, my friend, not creepy this, creepy that.

You might like your woman curvy, I like my women slim and petite, others don't even like woman, but we are all friends and that's the only thing matters actually.

These idol you wrote of-- I'll have to guess that you meant Japanese idol girls because Korean idols are pursuing a different aesthetic image--

got its roots deeply planted in cultural aspect of Japan and some other Asian civilization so it is understandable that it is not received as well in western countries.

This cultural aspect I mentioned is simply about how their tradition perceive beauty in their women: young, pure, innocent, never soiled by man before.

What fits those category well? Schoolgirl is one of the easiest answer; so there you go--

find a pretty youngster, outfit her with school uniform, train her to act like a teenager seeing the world the first time, and disallow her from having any boyfriend if she wants her career to last.

Presto! Now we got our cute, living, breathing, dancing, singing package of sweet fantasy, ready for public consumption.

tumblr_n477u3HAfk1trhzrgo7_1280.jpg

Pretty good business I say.

I really don't understand this whole idol thing.  Is there an explanation that won't make it sound creepy?  Because honestly at a glance this seems pretty creepy.

It is called personal preference, my friend, not creepy this, creepy that.

You might like your woman curvy, I like my women slim and petite, others don't even like woman, but we are all friends and that's the only thing matters actually.

I personally wouldn't call her a woman if she's 16 years old and if that's the case it is rather creepy IMO.

Cultural aspects that seem to include such things as vending machines for worn (as in one time only) panties (probably by said girls), as it's considered an aphrodisiac, or so I've heard.  Just a different way of looking at the world I guess.  I don't know how Japan is these days, but if it's at all like some other cultures where females are considered undesirable as an offspring to have, and then they wonder why it is that they don't have any women around, I can see why the young virgin schoolgirl fantasy exists.  It's just that.  A complete fantasy.  "Soiled by man"?  Sheesh.  Must not have much of an opinion of men!

I personally wouldn't call her a woman if she's 16 years old and if that's the case it is rather creepy IMO.

You'll forgive my choice of word to address the female gender of human species then. English is not my first language.

Cultural aspects that seem to include such things as vending machines for worn (as in one time only) panties (probably by said girls), as it's considered an aphrodisiac, or so I've heard.  Just a different way of looking at the world I guess.  I don't know how Japan is these days, but if it's at all like some other cultures where females are considered undesirable as an offspring to have, and then they wonder why it is that they don't have any women around, I can see why the young virgin schoolgirl fantasy exists.  It's just that.  A complete fantasy.  "Soiled by man"?  Sheesh.  Must not have much of an opinion of men!

Mm hmm, strange quirks about how sexuality is perceived there eh. But who can't say the same about other country anyway these days.

Maybe we've become too self-centered too nowadays that we instantly judge anything that is different than our own standards as heresy.

Archived