Bad Dog’s WIP Log

Bad Dog

Anybody who's trying out the orc schlong, fair warning: I think it may be causing CTDs. I recommend you take it out of any game you care about. 

I've been finding all my saves get unstable after 30 min or so. One of them doesn't have the orc schlong installed, so it may not be that. But I just ran without it on a new game without problems, so until I've had a chance to inspect it better steer clear.

Progress on the khajiit equipment: 

tumblr_nw1h7rw4261rctv3mo1_540.jpg tumblr_nw1h83YZOq1rctv3mo1_540.jpg tumblr_nw1h8fdQmY1rctv3mo1_540.jpg tumblr_nw1h9mLGoW1rctv3mo1_540.jpg

He's an SOS schlong, but only fully under SOS control when he gets over 50% aroused. Below that, he shows one of the intermediate states which is not fully under SOS control. If you have SLA installed and hooked into SOS (it's a MCM option) he gets more and more exposed the more aroused he is. 

Mostly, he works fine. Sometimes he doesn't switch states until something happens, like bringing up the Magic menu. Sometimes he switches to the full SOS version when he goes through a load door. But mostly you just forget about it and it reflects what he's thinking.

He also works with the Floppy SOS thing. His balls jounce around like SOS balls whatever state he's in.

I need to clean the meshes to fit the body more precisely and play with the textures and normal maps some and he's done.

I've been running him around with a reduced load order and he is not crashing. I'll try him for a bit with a full load order and if there are no problems I'll put him up.

Here's a closeup of the junk:

tumblr_nw1h9ymEH01rctv3mo1_540.jpg

Critiques welcome. I like the way the spines look from a distance, but this close I think they lose credibility. 

Yeah. I'll have to play with that.

The good news is that I can reproduce my crashes without my schlongs installed. The bad news is that I have no idea what's causing it. I'm going to do a reinstall of Skyrim and see what that does.

The other bad news is that I simply cannot figure out model space normals. I can make something that looks right in blender, but it looks very odd in nifskope. And I can't get xnormal's conversation between tangent and normal space to work at all. Bleah.

The khajiit schlongs are up at http://www.loverslab.com/topic/53164-bad-dogs-schlongs-orc-and-khajiit/with the orc schlongs in the same mod.

They are SOSified, floppy and mostly go through load doors without reverting to default state. That's a weird thing--something in the mod stack is sending a SOS return-to-half-erect event when the PC goes through a load door. Dunno who or why. But I overrode it with another event a moment later, and that seems to work. 

I ran all over the Rift with this guy and no crashes so I think they're okay.

Latest project: 

tumblr_nwi0wu9chj1rctv3mo1_540.jpg

That bad boy is likely to get a few animations soon enough. And when he does, there are some other SIC races that can use the same animations.

• 1 month later...

I am spending freaking DAYS just trying to get a goddamn hentai creature to walk to its victim. I have this working in the current HCE, but I'm trying to clean it up so it does better at finding victims. Apparently the first time I just happened to hit on the one configuration that could work. Now all I can do is get it to fail: either the Travel package can't find a target so the victim just teleports; or the package never completes; or it (maybe) evaluates its target too soon and refuses to re-evaluate it, so the creature goes to the wrong place; or the package declares it's done even though the creature never moved and is nowhere near the victim. Very very frustrating when something that should be simple turns into such a tar pit.

In other news, I spent some time with Fallout 4 and I don't see any reason why the modding community should all rush over there, except it's new. The graphics are no better, there seem to be fewer animals to play with, and the underlying mechanisms (followers, etc) seem exactly the same. 

I agree, finished unmodded skyrim 7 times , and with mods around 16. For fallout i can't be bothered to start a second playthrough. I never fought i would say that but id be happier if fallout 4 never came out and all modding atention stayed on skyrim :(

Btw Baddog, did you made the erect deer model? Its seems to me like its using horn textures for penis :o

Seriously ugly. I went a different direction:

tumblr_nzj93jk7Bg1rctv3mo1_540.jpg tumblr_nzj93jk7Bg1rctv3mo2_540.jpg  tumblr_nzj93jk7Bg1rctv3mo3_540.jpg

He's not done -- a little cleanup on the weights, and I have to do two intermediate steps. And whack on him and SOS until they play nice together. But it shouldn't be long. It's not of the class Krittakitty is doing over at Lykaios, but hey, what is?

tumblr_nzj93jk7Bg1rctv3mo1_540.jpg tumblr_nzj93jk7Bg1rctv3mo2_540.jpg  tumblr_nzj93jk7Bg1rctv3mo3_540.jpg

He's not done -- a little cleanup on the weights, and I have to do two intermediate steps. And whack on him and SOS until they play nice together. But it shouldn't be long. It's not of the class Krittakitty is doing over at Lykaios, but hey, what is?

Only suggestion is to have a bit more of a hybrid look with a sheath when not erect similar to what you have for the khajiit.

Hello Bad Dog, how are you doing? I was thinking now that you finished your SIC project (wich I love actually) could you, perhaps, focus your attention to this request I made sometime ago? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46761-request-sexualize-immersive-horsesI-ve tried the immersive horses mod and it look actually pretty good, it would be great to have them equipped and running on SL 1.60Hf2

Thank you very much!

I just checked out this mod, looks pretty awesome! i would totally use this on a playthrough if there was a serialized version of it :D

Yo dog that looks cool as heck. Not to mention it looks more, you know, Argoniany than the little weird worm thing. Not to undermine Leito's work but I feel like just going with something simple like this from the get go would've been better.

Cuz argonians aren't snakes man

Go check out my renamed khajiit schlong mod--it now does human uncut schlongs as well. And the argonians. I suppose I'll get werewolves in sometime. Anybody got a good way to TEST werewolves? I'll need to give the player the ability or something.

I'm not entirely happy with the look of the human schlongs in less-than-fully-aroused state. (Fully aroused is just smurf average, not mine.) I did it by just pulling the skin of the shaft over the knob, without touching the UV map or textures at all. Since that's how it works in RL, I thought that would be convincing. And it mostly is, but needs more texture or a better shape or something. Things never look quite the same in game as in Blender.

Meanwhile I got my orc to level umpity-ump, to the point where he and Inigo just walk through everything they meet. So, obvs, time for a new character. I loaded up a completely different mod list--no SkyTEST, no Immersive Creatures; using Animal Tweaks instead. Added Climates of Tamriel and Dark Nights set to maximum darkness (which is super cool.) Added Civil War Overhaul, because it's awesome when it works, and Immersive Patrols and Citizens and NPCs in the Dark. Also Sneak Tools. Also Revenge of the Enemies.

The result is really not stable at all. The setup I had with my orc was rock solid; this one has a bad tendency to crash going through load doors. I haven't yet decided whether I can keep it or whether I have to start over and simplify. The upside is I went off and did all the stabilization stuff for realsies and that's a good thing.

Next up: I promised I'd see a guy about a dog.

• 4 months later...

Archived