Will next Elder Scrolls VI looks like this on PC ?

Bethesda won't give us this amount of beauty. They prefer accessibility rather than visual fidelity. 

If they go with unreal 4 or cryengine, it will probably limit the modding support; something they'd really hate. Because Bethesda knows that the modders fix their fuck ups. 

I jest of course, I just don't think bethesda would want to sacrifice replayability on visuals. Skyrim might be dated, but we're still playing it aren't we? That's what they want. 

This is with new Unreal 4 engine. I hope the Next gen Elder Scroll prolly like this on PC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DG51glKipU#t=18

No it will never look like that til people mod it on PC. Every single multi-platform game is always developed to run on the weakest system first. That's why Skyrim looks like shit til you add the right mods to it. We'd need about 7-8 more generations of consoles to come close to what an average PC performs like right now.

I really hope Bethesda doesn't jump the "bloated graphics / poor gameplay / quick time event spamming" train. When it comes to unfinished releaes, Bethesda have a leading role anyway. So a broken new Bethesda release wouldn't surprise me much. All is fine as long as they don't adapt to Ubisoft and EA politics.

However, there are Skyrim total conversions like Enderal and Skywind coming, so I give a fuck about the crap that many AAA franchises have been ruined with. The big game publishers can shove their fancy, shallow fast food crippleware up their arses.

Ok maybe i started this wrong, what i mean is when new Elder Scrolls comes(even tho some wanne stuck in past because of there old crappy PC) no doub it will be DX12 so it will as always look better then skyrim im 100% sure it will(don't understand why people think and hope it will not?).

Bottom line is we can then created a game with mods(ENB) make new Elder Scroll look like in the video that's what i mean with this topic.

I don't care if peeps don't want great graphics they can stick in the past im a PC gamer, not some god damn console crap or lowend laptop or old PC that have crappy graphics.

Btw im afraid bethesda going eventually EA/UBISOFT route then i will also boycot Bethesda which i already do for years with EA last one was Dragon Age Origin 2009 and Ubisoft last one was rainbow six 3 ravenshield 2006 i bought.

I really hope Bethesda doesn't jump the "bloated graphics / poor gameplay / quick time event spamming" train. When it comes to unfinished releaes, Bethesda have a leading role anyway. So a broken new Bethesda release wouldn't surprise me much. All is fine as long as they don't adapt to Ubisoft and EA politics.

However, there are Skyrim total conversions like Enderal and Skywind coming, so I give a fuck about the crap that many AAA franchises have been ruined with. The big game publishers can shove their fancy, shallow fast food crippleware up their arses.

but you forgot an important point, as long as it are a lot of idiots who buy any crap,  can the games developer do what they want,

it is indeed bought anyway. ;)

I don't know how the next ES game will look like, but they will certainly improve its graphics. Graphics will always continue to improve along with the capabilities of computer hardware. However, isn't there anything else you expect from the next ES game, or from any other next gen role-playing game for that matter? That's the thing what I'd like to discuss more.

I think the next ES will likely use the same engine as Skyrim but with modded Skyrim we see how good the game can look. I think the next one which will be designed out the box to use the better specs of the new consoles will look like a very modded Skyrim in quality. That is what I am expecting it to look as good as Skyrim does now with mods.

Different approach to this question.

Do you think an AAA game will be able to have that kind of graphic in the current console? or the next console? Conservatively we can wager that TES will be a notch below that. With mods we can also guess that at the very least we can upscale the textures and meshes as long as you have powerful enough hardware.

Do you think TES6 will use a comparable engine?

Skyrim when it was release was unusually CPU intensive compare to most games of the time and CPU tech hasn't really been challenged as much as gpu for the last few years.

Different approach to this question.

Do you think an AAA game will be able to have that kind of graphic in the current console? or the next console? Conservatively we can wager that TES will be a notch below that. With mods we can also guess that at the very least we can upscale the textures and meshes as long as you have powerful enough hardware.

Do you think TES6 will use a comparable engine?

Skyrim when it was release was unusually CPU intensive compare to most games of the time and CPU tech hasn't really been challenged as much as gpu for the last few years.

The Order 1886 looks pretty damn impressive, though the film grain makes it looks worse than it should be. So hard to say but they might get close if they don't hit that mark.

Tech can both help and hinder a good game. It's a hindrance when companies spend most of their time and budget trying to 1up the graphics of the competition. Doing that is expensive, it takes a lot of time, and that's less time and budget going into making the game good in more important areas.

But old crappy tech is just as bad, i don't know how much you've dabbled in creating Skyrim mods, but let me tell you, there is so much time wasted on these projects jumping through fiery hoops to work around the horribly outdated tech. As an example, take something basic like adding a new footstep sound to the game, with the Unreal engine i could do this with 3 mouse clicks, it would take a minute tops, in the Creation engine it can take houers of work due to the horrible file structure that's used, where you need to create tons of new classes that all needs to refrence back to eachother. And the end result? In an Unreal game it would just work, in Skyrim the audio keeps cutting out because the code used to play it is so amazingly bloated (and for no good reason), the game can't handle the load.

Skyrim's old tech doesen't just negatively effect it's graphics, but also it's performance (for a game that looks this old you'd think it would play butter smooth even on a toaster, but no it doesen't, because it is terribly optimized), and perhabs worst of all, production time, and i have no doubt that Bethesda's legendarily buggy releases are intimately linked with it taking them far too long to do far too little due to the ancient Gamebryo engine they are still working with.

Sometimes good tech actually helps matters ;)

Ok maybe i started this wrong, what i mean is when new Elder Scrolls comes(even tho some wanne stuck in past because of there old crappy PC) no doub it will be DX12 so it will as always look better then skyrim im 100% sure it will(don't understand why people think and hope it will not?).

It will look better, yes, it will look like an Xbone or PS4 title because that is what Bethesda will (sadly) aim for. It almost certainly won't be the best looking thing on those Consoles, but it'll certainly look better than Skyrim does. But it won't look amazing, because both the Xbone and PS4 have been a letdown when it comes to power.

Really they have, they are just outdated PC's without a keyboard and mouse, you can already buy laptops that will wipe the floor with them.

If there's a silver lining though, they both use x86 achitecture just like a PC does, so that's less time wasted on porting the game from one system to the next, and that might help matters. 

Do I detect another "Bit Wars?" :P

In truth, Consoles might go the way of the Dodo.

Between smartphones and tablets becomming more and more powerful, people who want that casual "easy plug and play" experiance are going in that direction rather than Consoles. Sony is already talking like they are ready to bail from the Console market after the PS4, and Microsoft tried to market the Xbone as pretty much anything but a games Console, trying desperately to convince people that they need this thing to watch sports on TV and whatever, so they don't exactly seem confident either.

Hard to say how long they will stay relavant, but i doubt it will be too long before there's a big shift in the gaming market, and it'll be a shift that doesen't include Consoles, atleast, not as we know them today. Nintendo might hang in there for a while longer just due to their fanbase and 1'st party titles, but as always, it will just be them doing their own thing on the sideline as they have for decades.

The next "Consoles" might be nothing more than docking station for a Tablet that plugs into the TV, and has a wireless controller connect with it. So basically just a fancy iPad addon. That's probably the sort of direction it's going.

The Order 1886 looks pretty damn impressive, though the film grain makes it looks worse than it should be. So hard to say but they might get close if they don't hit that mark.

The Order doesn't have the graphic "quantity" of an open world game. Tight corridor and scripted sequence can look great since they are mostly static, maybe a few particle effects here and there, but when you open up the game world things tends to get difficult. Farcry, Assassin's Creed, GTA, maybe Crysis are probably closer comparison, but again no one really does the same kind of open world that TES does as great as GTA is they have different approach.

I am not willing to trade graphics for gameplay and a massive open world. Take DAO, for example, when it was hyped to be better than Oblivion was. Well, it wasn't. It was shit to be honest. Half your time in dialogue screens, very narrow paths leading you to the next objective, linear story line and all that nonsense. I played it for a day and got rid of it. It was NO Bethesda game, that's for sure.

the decisive is that with a good graphic everything else suffers. the graphic of Skyrim (modded) is sufficient. the better the graphic,

all the more smaller the game world, which is a point at which it is not jiggle!

look you WOW on, this graphic is not the best, but this is the game world really huge and it's still at the top of the "online - RPG's"

know you actually what the RPG had largest game world?
5,000 villages and 750,000 NPCs and twice as large as England!
let's see who finds out. ;)

I am not willing to trade graphics for gameplay and a massive open world. Take DAO, for example, when it was hyped to be better than Oblivion was. Well, it wasn't. It was shit to be honest. Half your time in dialogue screens, very narrow paths leading you to the next objective, linear story line and all that nonsense. I played it for a day and got rid of it. It was NO Bethesda game, that's for sure.

It's was never hyped as better then Oblivion only by those rabit dumb fanbois who hated Elder Scrolls ,so many who also have no clue about difference between the two, thought they where buying and much better game then Oblvion to find out its a baldur gate style game which is totally different then Skyrim(Own fault if believed the rabit fanbois always research before buying).

DAO was never promoted as Elders game it was always by Bioware and true fans (not stupid ones) advertised as a kind modern follow up to Baldur's Gate series.

It just matter of taste and style if you like both styles or not Elder Scroll is OPEN free roaming world with total freedome while DAO is linear rpg with deep story dialog and tactical pause game which is much slower.

I love both for DAO was alot better then Oblivion or Skyrim but i still love both styles(Morrowind is on league of its own and for alot better then even famous Bioware BG II.

Tech can both help and hinder a good game. It's a hindrance when companies spend most of their time and budget trying to 1up the graphics of the competition. Doing that is expensive, it takes a lot of time, and that's less time and budget going into making the game good in more important areas.

But old crappy tech is just as bad, i don't know how much you've dabbled in creating Skyrim mods, but let me tell you, there is so much time wasted on these projects jumping through fiery hoops to work around the horribly outdated tech.

I also do some modding, atm I'm working my way into mesh editing and all the troubles that come with it. Had a hard time the last few months. And yes, Skyrim is badly optimized, but the mem patch for example does a lot to fix that. What does not make the crappy engine look any better. And the patch is an effort of the modding community once more. An up-to-date-engine probably wouldn't need that.

And working with the CK is a chore, I agree. The simplest things can cause you a headache.

Sometimes good tech actually helps matters

Tech can help indeed, but it doesn't have intrinsic value in itself. You have to make use of it and order your priorities in a reasonable way to make a good game. From what I have experienced from the gaming industry as a consumer I'd say that all the tech goes into graphics and almost none of it into the gameplay, story, logic, AI etc. Whe I think of what they have done to the Thief-franchise... a stealth system that is nothing else but broken. Stealth! What is a side feature in other games should have been the main focus in a Thief game. And they failed horribly.

And when it comes to badly optimized games, Ubisoft showed them all with AC Unity. Or have a look at Order 1886. Looks great, but it's more like an interactive movie with quick time events than a game. Linear, over two hours of rendered movie sequences, and the game itself lasts 6 hours in its entirety. The best graphics in the world cannot make up for that.

But you're right: good tech helps matters. It's just that the companies have to learn that eye candy gets old when the rest is crap. And the consumers shouldn't buy every bullshit that got hyped over months. The latter even is the most important. As long as the gaming publishers get away with their behaviour they've shown with the last few AAA releases, they will not change anything.

People: When you buy something, it's a vote. It says: Go on like this. Vote with your wallet. Boycot games that aren't worth your hard earned money. It's the only language some companies understand.

A game engine is a tool, or rather, a toolbox, things like AC-Unity and The Order 1886 are not the fault of the tech involved.

The real problem with the AAA industry is that it's run by people who have never touched a videogame in their life and have no clue what they are doing. CEO's of big game publishers are hired on by the shareholders from other industries, because they made a ton of money for a company in some other field,  and the shareholders hope they will do the same here. But they know jack about the product they are making or selling, so they turn to their marketing team for guidance, but all those guys were hired on for the same reason, they came from other industries aswell and have no clue what they are doing either, so they put all their faith in focus test groups and statistics.

These are the people running the show at companies like EA, UBIsoft and so on, people who woulden't know a good game if it jumped up and bit them on the arse, because they've probably never played one. Nor do they have a clue about the process of making them, they just hand down orders from on high that says "focus test groups reacted positively to shinier graphics, so make the game shinier!", and it's the Dev team who has to just "sort it out" even when they know they are beeing asked the impossible, that they cannot possibly do what they are beeing asked in the small timeframe they are beeing given.

Yeah, the AAA industry is a an absolute mess and it is churning out more and more broken and unfinished games year after year, which we are then asked to buy more and more DLC's for to get the final product. But let's put the blame where it belongs, it's a management problem, not a tech one ;)

Yes, that why I wrote that tech is good as long as you make reasonable use of it. The Order 1886 game came to my mind as an example of what happens when you don't.

You're absolutely right - good tech is a tool. And suits in marketing apartments flinging their middle management releases like apes do their shit at the customers have no clue what a good game needs.

But they're not the only ones to blame. I also blame the customers that pre-order games or buy games despite having read or seen countless bad reviews - if the game in question is another chapter in a AAA franchise. Let's face it: When you buy a product, you signalise that you want it. That's all those marketing suits want. Profit. After AC Unity, Ubisoft stocks dropped heavily, only to sky rocket again after the worst shitstorm was over. Because people bought the crap.

Tech in any case is not the culprit. Didn't want to imply that.

What I wanted to stress is what you wrote: it's a tool, and just like a tool it's only of beneficial in the hands of those who know how to make use of it. Put all engine power in handling graphics and none elsewhere, the game will be shit. Unfortunately there is this trend to do exactly that. Make gaming fast food, make it tasty at first bite, but devoid of all valuable nutrients. Consume and throw away. And up.