Will next Elder Scrolls VI looks like this on PC ?

Maybe if it comes out in 2025?:P

Seriously through open world, modular/modable comes at price and has no comparison to empty pretty much static scene. Much like when you crank up the settings to take awesome screenshot but it is not something you can play with.

I will be much happier if we will have consumer VR rolling by then and it will not be build with last gen consoles in mind.

The Order 1886 looks pretty damn impressive, though the film grain makes it looks worse than it should be. So hard to say but they might get close if they don't hit that mark.

The Order doesn't have the graphic "quantity" of an open world game. Tight corridor and scripted sequence can look great since they are mostly static, maybe a few particle effects here and there, but when you open up the game world things tends to get difficult. Farcry, Assassin's Creed, GTA, maybe Crysis are probably closer comparison, but again no one really does the same kind of open world that TES does as great as GTA is they have different approach.

Never said it was open world or even a good game. I only said the graphics where impressive and they are. But considering how good they made those graphics look shows how good they can be eventually. So yes eventually I think the OP's image will some day be in games. The question is how soon will it be in games that are open sandbox worlds like Skyrim. For that who knows.

Well...you're really asking two questions here: First, is Bethesda willing to go for this, and second, are we, the players, wanting this.

My answer is first definitely not, and second mostly not.  Bethesda spent an arm and a leg getting all the rights in order for both TES and Fallout specifically because they were sick and tired of dealing with simi-indie outside studios mucking up what they saw - rightly or not - as "their" franchises.  And to be fair, I don't blame them.  I have nothing against Fallout 1 and 2 but there's a reason why I quit playing each of them about an hour into the game.  Do I require next-generation GPU-grinding graphics?  No.  But my minimum standard these days is "would not run on Windows 3.1."  As dated as Fallout 3 looks, and even looked at the time, it is still a quantum leap over Fallout 1 and 2.  The same goes for the difference between Oblivion and Skyrim - I couldn't even force myself to finish chargen in Oblivion.  Skyrim, on the other hand, I love dearly.

Anyhow...back to the point, Bethesda isn't going to license any engine from anyone else ever again, I'd bet.  They've been down that road and gotten burned.  Whatever the next TES Game (and for that matter, the next Fallout game too) is rendered in, it'll be in-house, as completely as it can be.

On the bright side, this is good for modders.  It's important to remember that for every professional working at Bethesda 40 hours a week on the next TES game, there's a dozen modders - and yet each of those modders has a day job, a life, etc, and will be modding in their "free time" only.  Accordingly, making the engine "too good" will put it over the threshold for how much time many modders have to give.  Simply put, if a small, simple, alpha-quality mod is going to take 2 months of effort in a new engine, that mod isn't going to happen at all.  And as a player, I don't want that to happen.  Most of the reason I'm still playing Skyrim isn't big huge overhaul mods that eat 300MB on my SSD and change everything.  It's tiny things like Mining Flames or The Paarthurnax Dilemma.  Tiny mods that make a big difference.  If none of those little mods ever got made because it was just too hard, I would've quit Skyrim a year after it came out.

So in short, no.  I want games like the next Mass Effect to be made using UE4 - games that have a lot of story depth but are still linear and have considerably less replay value than Skyrim.  Games that can contain dozens of big set pieces that take the developers WEEKS to develop because they can justify the time and expense because the game is linear, thus every player will see them.  Imagine if Bethesda blew 3 weeks of development time on a big set piece at the end of a cave - and then like 5 people ever even found the cave (yes, I know there are some places that are ALMOST like that in Skyrim.  But you get my point.)

So...no and probably no.  Either way, I hope not.  UE4 is drop dead gorgeous.  But I wouldn't want TES or Fallout to use it.

If i realy care so much about graphics alone then i would not play everyday this OLD school MMO which is more then 12 years old,

Asheron's call 2.

post-232301-0-36709400-1424892702.png

post-232301-0-00686800-1424892657.png

post-232301-0-45106400-1419469991.png

post-232301-0-97034300-1419470027.png

But i still want and hope for game like skyrim or soon witcher 3 that have awesome graphics for my HIGHEND system(and have nothing to do with elitism as some always bring up sadly)

To be honest I don't really care about how beautiful the next Elder Scrolls episode will look.

It is important, of course, but...

I really hope there will be a deep and intense story, a much better inventory than in Skyrim vanilla, a very large map and... a lot of action !

And for the love of every living creature on Earth, no bugs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right. I want them to focus on the mechanics, the lore, and the world rather than how it looks. We can create some high res texture and high poly mesh conversion mods pretty easily. Making the world of Black Marsh, Valenwood, Sumerset Ilse, ect, ect large enough to feel like a nation? not so much.

Bethesda won't give us this amount of beauty. They prefer accessibility rather than visual fidelity. 

If they go with unreal 4 or cryengine, it will probably limit the modding support; something they'd really hate. Because Bethesda knows that the modders fix their fuck ups. 

I jest of course, I just don't think bethesda would want to sacrifice replayability on visuals. Skyrim might be dated, but we're still playing it aren't we? That's what they want. 

H-HAAAAAAA!!!

Bethesda doesn't want to limit the modding support...

They did so from Oblivion to Skyrim, Skyrim in the beggining was shit to mod, and it still remains worse than Oblivion, they did absolutely nothing for the modders, same happened to fallout it was a wreck.

Unreal Engine is far more moddable than Gamebryo, not to mention that Bethesdas creation Engine is far worse than Gamebryo except for a few goodies, that they could have modded Gamebryo instead to accomplish what they did with creation.

And Cryengine is quite good too, I don't see the problem... There are many more superior engines that have a better SDK.

And I'm speaking mostly for mechanic stuff and mapping, not the graphic or visual elements.

What is the gameplay of a TES game tho?

It is clearly not the combat, I would hate for them to go down the character action route. I would even say Skyrim is probably at the edge of how action-y the game should get. They should keep dual wield and dual casting tho.

They can work on the story, but I don't think heavyhanded story telling is something we will see in a TES game.

And god have mercy on us if they want give the character a character. I love that in other games and mods, but not in the vanilla game itself.

Non graphic related things I want to see improve are probably a bigger world and more NPCs, towns and "stuff" in general.

The rest is just how much customization there is for character interactions, dialog, animations, etc. But that is for the sake of modding.

TES has always been about scale and immersion - graphics and combat are important, but mostly to the extent that they contribute to that. Notice how "immersive" and "lore-friendly" are pretty much buzzwords for Skyrim mods, this shows that people care a lot about the world itself. Make the world map three times larger, go from ~300 discoverable locations in vanilla Skyrim to ~500 in TES6, work on animations, facial expressions, artificial intelligence, and writing to make characters feel more real, use the 8GB memory on new consoles to let the engine support much larger cities, then worry about graphics.

A talented artist can create a better drawing with a single pencil and piece of paper than someone completely untrained and untalented can with a professional $3000 Wacom tablet. Tools are important, but better skill beats better equipment in many fields. How true is this for games? I think the Old Guard at Bethesda has too much skill with their current equipment (Gamebro since Morrowind in 2002), but how much of the core team has remained through Oblivion and Skyrim, and how much do the new hires resent working with such outdated tech?

It's definitely time to move on, especially with new APIs coming out like DirectX 12 and Vulkan. Skyrim was poorly multithreaded, terrible with multiple graphics cards, and strangely CPU heavy. All symptoms of an archaic engine. Devs will be saving optimization and porting time due to PS4 and XB1 being much more similar both to each other and to PC than PS3 and 360 were. Why not use that saved time to learn new software? How much longer can they keep going with zombified Gamebryo? They're going to have to switch eventually. I don't think next TES will look nearly as good as OP nor am I bothered by that, I'd rather take a bigger world with more stuff.

Hi guys, first post :)

In all honesty, TES6 could basically look like vanilla Skyrim and i'd be fine with it. Because A. i'd be optimistically assuming they're instead putting the effort into the gameplay and optimization and making the damn thing easily moddable, and B. tying in with the easier moddability, i know the modding community will handle the meshes and textures far better than Bethesda could since it's not exactly constrained by console hardware limitations.

Don't worry about making the game purdy, just make it so we don't need another SKSE.

Developers really shy away from switching engines, because it would mean having to re-implement a lot of things from scratch that could otherwise just be re-used and adapted. Which is cheaper, even if the result might be less than perfect. Of course there are some factors that might make them reconsider, such as the existing engine unable to scale up to the new project, or being so terribly outdated that writing the stuff from scratch would actually be faster. For example, I have no idea if the engine powering Skyrim could be reasonably updated to support 64 bit executables (and any developer still thinking about starting a 32 bit based project in this time and age should be fired right away anyway). Also, Unreal & Co now cost a fraction of what they used to, so that also might be something to consider as well.

In the end...time will tell. I'd actually welcome a change to an established engine, not because I am hyper concerned about high-end looks (modded Skyrim looks good enough for me, even in 2015), but these engines now come with built-in multi-platform support and the prospect of TES 6 running natively under Linux would be something I could like. :)