SKYRIM DROPS 100MB FILE LIMITATION ON STEAM!

I think if not mistaken around 6 million(maybe even more) bought a PC version alone. This also have huge impact on how people look at the game, as example the many VIDEO'S released on YOUTUBE with BEAUTIFUL graphics shown in 4k resolutions.

Many will see this and remember how beautiful Skyrim can look like.

Bethesda would be stupid to dismiss this and insult millions of PC gamers and modders.

The only thing that they should do now(since they are upgrading CK and skyrim to test fallout 4's settings for next gen)

its giving the entire gamejam tools, someone posted on the beta forum, it is time now to release, i would like to see a Flail using verlet + HDT + a tool to edit 1st person anims like in newvegas and fallout 3

Who the fuck would still be playing ANY Bethesda game without free and open modding? Very, very few; not nearly enough to support their upcoming games. Modding is, to be frank, the only reason so many of us even bother putting up with their broken releases.

Without modding, I wouldn't have around 1,300 hours in Skyrim, because the game isn't compelling on its own to warrant anything like that, and I know a lot of people are in the same boat.

Absolutely. I wouldn't play Bethesda games AT ALL if they were not

- open world

- free for modding

- with a customizable player character

that update is nothing.

i am pretty sure the only reason it is happening is that Steam told them to update it because they were shutting off the old APIs the launcher is using. its the only game i know of using that "launcher downloads" crap instead of "steam downloads" like all the other games do.

Not sure if the steam workshop has ever improved, but in the past it was clearly the worst way to install and manage mods.

Apparently there's a way to make it work with MO, but why bother? I prefer to be 100% in control of what i download and install, and how i do it.

Meh, it's too much work to use the Workshop. First have to subscribe, then download, then hunt down the files it automatically placed in the data folder, make a BAIN out of them, delete the files from the data folder and finally unsubscribe the mod.

I rather use Nexus. And i don't do anything but download there either.

Just a head's up that the new features implemented will be going into a public release in the next few hours.

We'll keep the beta thread open for another day or so, and open it back up if we make any further tweaks.

Thanks everyone!

Check that. We've already identified some issues, so we'll be staying in beta this week smile.png

and no bugs related to CK were fixed

Can you expand on what you mean by 'force updated', Duoleb? What triggered the update?

If you own the game legally and launch it through Steam (or through a mod manager with Steam running), then on launch you will experience an "automatic update". That's how Steam works. You cannot stop Steam from updating your games when you launch them - unless you run Steam only in "offline mode" where you can tend avoid updates but it's tedious to do that. Even setting a game to "not update" only really means it won't update until you launch it, then it will update.

It was a small update. i heard others had experience problems with the update so i haven't launched skyrim today, hoping to avoid having any issues with my game and mods until perhaps Bethesda puts out a patch that fixes the issues others are having.

In short what triggers the update is simply launching the game.

Steam is tolerable because it's the least of the evil that is DRM.  Otherwise its interface is awful and forced update is the worst "feature" to have in modded games.  Personally I have no idea why people use Workshop.

Agree, i really really hate the forced-update part of Steam, but i also find it fairly tolerable as far as drm goes. But.. gahhh.. the forced-updating on games is annoying.

also the game was force updated today, and its broken

everyone is bitching and arthmoor is sucking beth's dick again

Looks like it is only a CK + Launcher "update". sorry for the noobish question, but do we need to re-install anything MOD-related (like SKSE) after?