SKYRIM DROPS 100MB FILE LIMITATION ON STEAM!

i think this is RIP NEXUS

http://www.bethblog.com/2015/03/02/skyrim-workshop-file-limit-is-now-limitless/

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1514726-new-update-for-skyrim-pc-launcher-and-creation-kit-sdk/

also strange new update... does it mean that they finished up with the "new project" and they are back to the regular updates?

if it is

PLEASE FLOOD THE BETA FORUM WITH SOOLIE's MOD AND THE MFG FACEGEN EXPRESSIONS FIX!

I am worried...

• The Skyrim Launcher no longer downloads mods from Steam Workshop. Downloads are now managed by the Steam Client. The Skyrim Launcher updates the game after the Steam Client finishes the download.

Updates the game... does this mean that things like SKSE are going to be broken until they can be re-released again?

RIP nexus - probably not. I just don't see it happening. I'm sure neither Bethesda nor Steam would cry should this happen, but I'm equally sure neither is deliberately going for that... and I don't see it happening by accident either.

If for any reason that update procedure in any way, shape or form hinders or entirely stops users from using other mod managers like f. ex. MO I swear I will switch to a pirated copy of Skyrim.

When I read that in the future the steam client shall be responsible for managing mods instead of the Skyrim launcher (you should use none of those to mod your game imho) this sounds to me like a closer binding to steam. The steam client is a pain in the arse and major annoyance already. Giving it more control over any aspect of the game fires up awful premonitions in me.

I also fear the worst for FO 4. I seriously doubt that this update only touches the 100 MB file size limit.

Ive heard horror stories about the nexus..thats why I only have an account there, never post on forums or nothing >.>

You're acting wisely by not posting on their forums. You can post more or less meaningless things, but as soon as your posting contains something even remotely controversial or you're not following the ubiquitous false politeness policy you'll be banned indefinitely or at least temporarily.

If you so much as criticise a staff member you'll get perma banned instantly.

To me the Nexus is a file repository. No more, no less. I don't share the grudge of other LL members, but emotionally I'm as attached to the Nexus as I am to my toilet paper brand.

Once you've made your peace with that stance on the Nexus, you're good to go.

This is an odd move. Why after all these years? And why revive Skyrim when they probably have new game in the works.

Best case beta testing for Fallout mod integration with steam

Worse case closing its grips on mods control

I would much rather nexus stick around as it is than having Steam as the only other place.

Like a lurking leech, I look at them longingly, as a long-lost lover does, lips parted with lust, my life-long lack of love brings me like a lamb to the slaughter.

The liars look upon our love as a lamentable labor of futility; a little louse larvae trapped in a lustrous labyrinth, doomed to live alone.

Which just goes to show two things:

1. Any alliteration always activates an abysmal attempt at... pathetic poetry.

2. I can string words together that make a complete sentence, grammatically correct, yet still with no intrinsic meaning whatsoever, completely open to interpretation.

Sorry, I got distracted... what were we talking about? Boobs? Was it boobs this time?

I think it was boobs.

I don't know how you'd feel about that, but your Steam client might also become your mod manager in the future. They might even add some sort of DRM for the mods published on the Workshop. I'm sure some mod authors would love that kind of thing, but for mod users, using 3rd party mods on Nexus, LL and the likes might become more difficult, if not totally impossible.

I don't buy games on steam anymore.

Bought The Witcher 3 on GOG.COM so no need for steam anymore and modding won't be problem eather.

If steam going DRM heavy im totally out if they take over how we play our game or mod it.

FUCK STEAM.

Because the moment they put a leash on where you can get your mods, and thus police what kind of content you can add to your game, is the moment a huge amount of the user base revolts. Who the fuck would still be playing ANY Bethesda game without free and open modding? Very, very few; not nearly enough to support their upcoming games. Modding is, to be frank, the only reason so many of us even bother putting up with their broken releases.

Without modding, I wouldn't have around 1,300 hours in Skyrim, because the game isn't compelling on its own to warrant anything like that, and I know a lot of people are in the same boat.

Not even Bethesda and/or Zenimax is stupid enough to commit that kind of brand suicide.