[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

It's been more than five months and the public version hasn't been updated.  There IS still incredibly regular updating happening for Patreon users, though, which is disgusting.  The argument used to be "well, it has to be stable before it can be released to LL", but having been on the other side of the fence, I can definitely say that it IS more than stable enough for the public to use.  It was stable enough like...what....was it four or five?  Possibly six versions ago.

At the VERY LEAST, the version that fixes the obnoxious exhibition bug should have been released.

Honestly, those of you that are waiting for an update to the free version of this mod?  I would forget about it.  I mean literally.  Literally forget about this mod updating.  Go on about your life and play something else or do something else for like a year.  Maybe this time next year there will have been another mod update!  Who knows!!  But as it stands right now, the update schedule has been appalling.  There's no excuse for it.  You can't say "I don't want there to be ANY BUGS" because the inherent nature of a constantly growing mod is that there are going to be bugs.  I can PERSONALLY ATTEST that each and every Patreon version that's been put up for the last....mmmm two? Three months? Has been stable enough to play with.

So?????  What's the new reason?

If you can personally attest that each and every Patreon version is stable enough, then you must be a Patreon, so why don`t you go and ask Oniki, if she`d consider a public release instead of spreading your poison?

I can't find the Create Brothel option from the smartphone or computer.

Is it necessary to have any expansion packs installed to enable this function?

I haven't done the option yet but I believe you click on the wall of the community lot-->venue and it should be listed. I apologize if I'm wrong lol

I can't find the Create Brothel option from the smartphone or computer.

Is it necessary to have any expansion packs installed to enable this function?

I haven't done the option yet but I believe you click on the wall of the community lot-->venue and it should be listed. I apologize if I'm wrong lol

It's been more than five months and the public version hasn't been updated.  

The mod was updated in September of last year and March of this year. That's six months in between updates. Your argument is that it has already been five months?  Alrightly then, get back to us when it's been seven months, when it's actually overdue.  And by the way, seven months would only be overdue according to the established pattern, not overdue because of anything Oniki has promised you.

There IS still incredibly regular updating happening for Patreon users, though, which is disgusting.  The argument used to be "well, it has to be stable before it can be released to LL", but having been on the other side of the fence, I can definitely say that it IS more than stable enough for the public to use.  It was stable enough like...what....was it four or five?  Possibly six versions ago.

Okay?  So go play those, then.

At the VERY LEAST, the version that fixes the obnoxious exhibition bug should have been released.

Here's what you do:  you get a save where you set up Kinky World in any way that you want. This includes setting the privacy level to "exhibition." Then you click "export". Any new neighborhoods you start, you just click "import" and all the work has been done already and you never have to experience the heartbreak of the exhibition bug ever again. But then you also wouldn't be able to complain about it, so idk, seems like you might be in a predicament.

Honestly, those of you that are waiting for an update to the free version of this mod?  I would forget about it.  I mean literally.  Literally forget about this mod updating.  Go on about your life and play something else or do something else for like a year.  Maybe this time next year there will have been another mod update!  Who knows!!  But as it stands right now, the update schedule has been appalling.  There's no excuse for it.  

"blah blah blah I am super mad that a free mod, which I am able to enjoy for free, has not been released a month early according to "the update schedule" that I find so appalling."

You can't say "I don't want there to be ANY BUGS" because the inherent nature of a constantly growing mod is that there are going to be bugs.  I can PERSONALLY ATTEST that each and every Patreon version that's been put up for the last....mmmm two? Three months? Has been stable enough to play with.

So go play it then.

So?????  What's the new reason?

Because Oniki wants to punish you personally! That's why she hasn't released the next public version a month early. You're why the rest of us can't have nice things. It's all about you.

First of all, I wanted to thank you for creating this mod. This is what my Sims game was missing and I love it biggrin.png

However, I have an issue with intimacy/exhibition. I already used the mod in the past and had no issue making my Sims have sex whenever I wanted them to, but I just reinstalled it and it can't seem to work. While they all accept Woohooing, they always end up standing in a room and a notification pops up telling me they can't do it, because "someone might see them".

I haven't had this issue before and I've already tried to give them the Woohooer and Exhibistionist traits, as well as the related skills (which are maxed out), and lowering their autonomy to the minimum (even using the oniki.kinkymod.autonomylevel 1 command) but they always end up refusing because of that reason. Is there anything I can do to fix that ? Did I miss something in the options ?

Thank you in advance, keep up the good work !

This has been a bug for some time change your privacy settings in global to standard or exhibition.Hope that helps. biggrin.png

It worked, thank you for your help !

I'm laughing at people that are saying "you have it, so go play it".  As if that's the reason why I'm making my posts.  I don't believe in having something and then cheerfully enjoying it while others are having to play support because the actual mod creator doesn't want to.

I also don't see how having an opinion is spreading poison?  Lmao, if that were the case, we'd all be dead by now.

These posts wouldn't happen if there were more activity from the creator here, plain and simple.  Even if it's not those...bi-yearly updates that you think are normal (???), Oniki could at least pop in here to give some kind of verbal update.  "Hey guys, here's what's coming!" "Here's a quick hotfix for that issue that has people running into the thread everyday asking the same question over and over!!"  It isn't that hard.  (As a note: Making it so everyone ignores the exhibition feature of the mod is not fixing the issue, that's a workaround.) 

You can be mad that I'm typing all you want, but apparently, my feelings aren't uncommon, so I'm going to keep saying what I have to say.  You're free to not read it if you like! C:

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and give an example.  Take a peek at the Wicked Whims mod that's in development for The Sims 4.  That person also has a Patreon version and a free version of their mod.  Do you know what that person does?  They provide regular updates for both versions.  And even if they don't update the free version with NEARLY as much content as the Patreon version, they still let people know what's happening in the Patreon version.  That's keeping up with their consumer base and keeping them informed!  And by letting people actually know what's BEHIND that Patreon Veil, they're providing incentive to have people cross over into becoming Patrons!  It's fantastic!
That, to me, is what being a Patreon/free content creator is supposed to be.  There's no ignoring of an entire group for the sake of solely paying attention to those that pay

First of all, I wanted to thank you for creating this mod. This is what my Sims game was missing and I love it biggrin.png

However, I have an issue with intimacy/exhibition. I already used the mod in the past and had no issue making my Sims have sex whenever I wanted them to, but I just reinstalled it and it can't seem to work. While they all accept Woohooing, they always end up standing in a room and a notification pops up telling me they can't do it, because "someone might see them".

I haven't had this issue before and I've already tried to give them the Woohooer and Exhibistionist traits, as well as the related skills (which are maxed out), and lowering their autonomy to the minimum (even using the oniki.kinkymod.autonomylevel 1 command) but they always end up refusing because of that reason. Is there anything I can do to fix that ? Did I miss something in the options ?

Thank you in advance, keep up the good work !

This has been a bug for some time change your privacy settings in global to standard or exhibition.Hope that helps. biggrin.png

It worked, thank you for your help !

Your welcome just make sure next time you go back through the thread or post in the help/general discussion that way it doesn't clutter the thread.Have a good day. :D

The simple fact of the matter is that without Patreon the mod would not exist at all in its current form as it has gone far beyond being a hobby.  It is obvious to me that the people complaining don't appreciate the amount of hours that have gone into it and the complexity of it.  Also the people supporting the mod on patreon are making it possible for it to be released on LL and are more like mod testers.  If you are not prepared to wait for the update then pay a few dollars every three months and get a newer version.  Personally I think it is well worth the cost and have no problem supporting the creator.  The reason you don't hear much from the Oniki Kay is the amount of brain ache it requires to read thru all the complaints.  At some point in life people have to be grateful for what they get for FREE and stop complaining like spoilt brats.

The simple fact of the matter is that without Patreon the mod would not exist at all in its current form as it has gone far beyond being a hobby.  It is obvious to me that the people complaining don't appreciate the amount of hours that have gone into it and the complexity of it.  Also the people supporting the mod on patreon are making it possible for it to be released on LL and are more like mod testers.  If you are not prepared to wait for the update then pay a few dollars every three months and get a newer version.  Personally I think it is well worth the cost and have no problem supporting the creator.  The reason you don't hear much from the Oniki Kay is the amount of brain ache it requires to read thru all the complaints.  At some point in life people have to be grateful for what they get for FREE and stop complaining like spoilt brats.

A reminder that I'm not getting the mod for free?  why do people like to ignore that about my posts holy shit

I know how much work and time goes into making the mod.  I understand that.  I'm not blind to the concept of work.  I'm just trying to understand why it's not possible to post ONE of the old Patreon versions.  At least one of them that fixes a commonly complained about problem.  It isn't that hard to do so.  Upload file, copy+paste the patch notes from that version to here, BAM.

I'm not saying that there can't be a Patreon version at all, I'm wondering why one of the SUPER OLD AND OUTDATED Patreon versions can't be put here, at least to ease some complaints.

tartacus, on 20 Aug 2017 - 8:08 PM, said:snapback.png

A reminder that I'm not getting the game for free?  why do people like to ignore that about my posts holy shit

I know how much work and time goes into making the mod.  I understand that.  I'm not blind to the concept of work.  I'm just trying to understand why it's not possible to post ONE of the old Patreon versions.  At least one of them that fixes a commonly complained about problem.  It isn't that hard to do so.  Upload file, copy+paste the patch notes from that version to here, BAM.

I'm not saying that there can't be a Patreon version at all, I'm wondering why one of the SUPER OLD AND OUTDATED Patreon versions can't be put here, at least to ease some complaints.

It is as you know still very much a work in progress and every update on patreon either has bugs in it or is experimental which we all know and understand.  If Oniki was to release an unstable version on LL all would go mad and the thread would be even more unreadable.  As soon as a stable version is available it will be posted I know cause I asked nicely.  As I stated in my comment the patreon supporters are very much testers and most of us expect problems or a few issues from each release.  Without this process the mod would stop growing and there are still many more idea's being implemented.  Secondly you can not compare Wicked Whims  to KW for a start sims 3 was never a stable platform to start off with and KW affects the whole town not just the household.  No I am not knocking Wicked Whims it's great but I personally got bored with Sims 4 very quickly and have no more time for it.  Sims 4 is just a very lazy attempt by EA at updating the Sims series and FAILS big time in my opinion and I say that after playing over 1800 hours of it so I did give it a chance.

A reminder that I'm not getting the game for free?  why do people like to ignore that about my posts holy shit

I know how much work and time goes into making the mod.  I understand that.  I'm not blind to the concept of work.  I'm just trying to understand why it's not possible to post ONE of the old Patreon versions.  At least one of them that fixes a commonly complained about problem.  It isn't that hard to do so.  Upload file, copy+paste the patch notes from that version to here, BAM.

It is as you know still very much a work in progress and every update on patreon either has bugs in it or is experimental which we all know and understand.  If Oniki was to release an unstable version on LL all would go mad and the thread would be even more unreadable.  As soon as a stable version is available it will be posted I know cause I asked nicely.  As I stated in my comment the patreon supporters are very much testers and most of us expect problems or a few issues from each release.  Without this process the mod would stop growing and there are still many more idea's being implemented.  Secondly you can not compare Wicked Whims  to KW for a start sims 3 was never a stable platform to start off with and KW affects the whole town not just the household.  No I am not knocking Wicked Whims it's great but I personally got bored with Sims 4 very quickly and have no more time for it.  Sims 4 is just a very lazy attempt by EA at updating the Sims series and FAILS big time in my opinion and I say that after playing over 1800 hours of it so I did give it a chance.

The current version available to people publicly has a bug that requires people to play in a way they may not desire to.  It is a buggy version.  There was a fixed version promised, and created, but that version was never released to the public.

Do you not see the problem here?  Every single version is going to have bugs!  That can't be avoided because the game that the mod is basing itself in is a hot mess!  And even if it WEREN'T, that's just the nature of mods!  But there was a version created MONTHS ago that fixed this one problem that was promised to be fixed to public users and it was never released!  It makes no sense!!

I'm laughing at people that are saying "you have it, so go play it".  As if that's the reason why I'm making my posts.  I don't believe in having something and then cheerfully enjoying it while others are having to play support because the actual mod creator doesn't want to.

I also don't see how having an opinion is spreading poison?  Lmao, if that were the case, we'd all be dead by now.

These posts wouldn't happen if there were more activity from the creator here, plain and simple.  Even if it's not those...bi-yearly updates that you think are normal (???), Oniki could at least pop in here to give some kind of verbal update.  "Hey guys, here's what's coming!" "Here's a quick hotfix for that issue that has people running into the thread everyday asking the same question over and over!!"  It isn't that hard.  (As a note: Making it so everyone ignores the exhibition feature of the mod is not fixing the issue, that's a workaround.) 

You can be mad that I'm typing all you want, but apparently, my feelings aren't uncommon, so I'm going to keep saying what I have to say.  You're free to not read it if you like! C:

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and give an example.  Take a peek at the Wicked Whims mod that's in development for The Sims 4.  That person also has a Patreon version and a free version of their mod.  Do you know what that person does?  They provide regular updates for both versions.  And even if they don't update the free version with NEARLY as much content as the Patreon version, they still let people know what's happening in the Patreon version.  That's keeping up with their consumer base and keeping them informed!  And by letting people actually know what's BEHIND that Patreon Veil, they're providing incentive to have people cross over into becoming Patrons!  It's fantastic!

That, to me, is what being a Patreon/free content creator is supposed to be.  There's no ignoring of an entire group for the sake of solely paying attention to those that pay

Actually it is spreading poison, it always starts like this "We didn`t have an update for X month!" "We want to know blah" "Why isn`t it for free?" "Why should I pay for what I should get for free?" etc etc etc.

Go back to the pages around the last release and start reading.

You know what I find funny? Those people attacking applesnraisins for his/her opinion never seem to want to do anything but that. Loads of people come in here asking for help, not constantly complaining like some of you think, and yet they never offer any help to them but the second someone does have a complaint or an opinion they don't like or don't agree with they jump all over them. If you can take the time to attack someone's opinion/complaint then why can't you take the time to help someone? You clearly follow this thread to a certain degree otherwise you wouldn't see the complaints so you must see the questions too. Those of us on here with any frequency try to help people with questions the best we can but we don't always know what could help but you more experienced users of the mod might be able to help but you never do with maybe one or two exceptions. So instead of just waiting for the person you can attack try helping people who have questions.

The current version available to people publicly has a bug that requires people to play in a way they may not desire to.  It is a buggy version.  There was a fixed version promised, and created, but that version was never released to the public.

Do you not see the problem here?  Every single version is going to have bugs!  That can't be avoided because the game that the mod is basing itself in is a hot mess!  And even if it WEREN'T, that's just the nature of mods!  But there was a version created MONTHS ago that fixed this one problem that was promised to be fixed to public users and it was never released!  It makes no sense!!

The sense of it is that people behind a closed door cannot see what is going on behind it, but they seem to get the impression that everything is perfect and they are missing out because they can't get in.  In the last five months the mod has changed significantly right from its very core i.e. the main engine that runs the animations,   I have had every update for the last year.  I understand perfectly why Oniki has not released another version yet and honestly beleive it has nothing to do with money which has been stated in this thread.  I also understand why Oniki stays away from LL because of all the backlash.  Its enough to stop anyone working on something.  Anyway at this point I close this and wish to comment no more.  I will say thou that I know something is in the pipeline for LL release and just ask all to be patient as the end result will be better than what is currently available.  Bad results can be obtained very quickly good results take time.

You know what I find funny? Those people attacking applesnraisins for his/her opinion never seem to want to do anything but that. Loads of people come in here asking for help, not constantly complaining like some of you think, and yet they never offer any help to them but the second someone does have a complaint or an opinion they don't like or don't agree with they jump all over them. If you can take the time to attack someone's opinion/complaint then why can't you take the time to help someone? You clearly follow this thread to a certain degree otherwise you wouldn't see the complaints so you must see the questions too. Those of us on here with any frequency try to help people with questions the best we can but we don't always know what could help but you more experienced users of the mod might be able to help but you never do with maybe one or two exceptions. So instead of just waiting for the person you can attack try helping people who have questions.

First, I`m not attacking anyone for an opinion, I`m replying to a certain line.

Second, I don`t have to justify my actions.

Third, I`m neither diplomatic nor patient enough to reply to certain questions over and over again to people who clearly don`t read at least two pages back so I leave that task to those better suited to it than me.

I was not attacking anyone personally as that is not my style,  I was attacking all the negative posts regarding or suggesting that Oniki is just after the money as I would like to think I know differently, If anything I am supporting someone who has become a friend in the year I have been talking to them and supporting their work.  I would like to think that personally I am diplomatic and always offer my help where I can, and as you will notice I don't often post on this forum.

Actually it is spreading poison, it always starts like this "We didn`t have an update for X month!" "We want to know blah" "Why isn`t it for free?" "Why should I pay for what I should get for free?" etc etc etc.

Go back to the pages around the last release and start reading.

I see nothing wrong with asking about the development of the mod that people are being told over and over to be patient about.  Again, the mod doesn't have to be free, but it isn't difficult to at least put out the version of the mod that fixes the issue that the last.....10+ pages have been asking about.  Especially  when, again, a fix was promised within the week a little over five months ago and that fix was never publicly distributed. It isn't even close to being the most recent Patreon version and it would ease so many headaches for those that bother to answer the same question five billion times.

First, I`m not attacking anyone for an opinion, I`m replying to a certain line.

Second, I don`t have to justify my actions.

Third, I`m neither diplomatic nor patient enough to reply to certain questions over and over again to people who clearly don`t read at least two pages back so I leave that task to those better suited to it than me.

I was neither singling you out nor asking you to explain anything and I don't have to justify what I say either, I was stating my opinion on observations I have made. It was clearly one you didn't agree with which is kind of the point. Anyway I don't really have the patience to answer the same question over and over either but I have in order to try and help.

The last time I looked nether Pescado or Twallan ever needed Patreon and their mods where also more than just a hobby and I can personally attest since I know both of them personally that their mods where a part of their life.

And to say without Patreon the mod wouldn't exist as it does in it's current state is BS it all depends on the effort of the modder.

While I can understand with Onki being a freelancer needing some monetary support as bills do need to be paid but it is inexcusable to leave broken versions up for months when a fix is already available as well as not being more active in the community here. A true modder is willing to provide support to everyone not just those giving them money.

And it really wouldn't be that hard if the effort was made to strip out the really buggy parts and only putting up what is stable for the public version while the bugs are being worked out on Patreon and filter in features once stable to the public version to keep updates more regular and keep people quiet that's what TurboDriver does.

And at some point people like you need to stop defending and making excuses for it.

For those of you still thinking that patreons have only bugged versions and that LL waits 6 months or more for a a stable version, this has been posted else where:

Onikay says this build will be very unstable because addition of new mechanics. Build 359 is stable and you can use without bugs.

Build 359 is several and I mean several several builds after the public release. I can also say that there have been several several builds before build 359 that have a ton of things added and is very stable.

For those of you who keep saying just be patient it hasn't been 6 months so it isn't over due. You need to remember that 2 updates a year is not what was promised by onikikay. She promised each stable version to be released as a public version.

Thank you, now let's all get back to helping others instead of bickering. :)

For those of you still thinking that patreons have only bugged versions and that LL waits 6 months or more for a a stable version, this has been posted else where:

Onikay says this build will be very unstable because addition of new mechanics. Build 359 is stable and you can use without bugs.

Build 359 is several and I mean several several builds after the public release. I can also say that there have been several several builds before build 359 that have a ton of things added and is very stable.

For those of you who keep saying just be patient it hasn't been 6 months so it isn't over due. You need to remember that 2 updates a month is not what was promised by onikikay. She promised each stable version to be released as a public version.

For those of you who are impatient, just look up this mod. You'll find the builds being posted on f95zone.com so go there if you want an updated build and leave this feed for those having questions about the current public release.

Actually give it about 3 or 4 weeks you'll start to see some funky things such as sims aging 2 days instead one 1 every day.

And just to say I don't condone sites like the one you mentioned but it's not my place to say anything as it is ones own choice.

For those of you who keep saying just be patient it hasn't been 6 months so it isn't over due. You need to remember that 2 updates a month is not what was promised by onikikay. She promised each stable version to be released as a public version.

For those of you who are impatient, just look up this mod. You'll find the builds being posted on f95zone.com so go there if you want an updated build and leave this feed for those having questions about the current public release.

Actually give it about 3 or 4 weeks you'll start to see some funky things such as sims aging 2 days instead one 1 every day.

And just to say I don't condone sites like the one you mentioned but it's not my place to say anything as it is ones own choice.

I didn't say all builds were stable, all I did was post what onikikay said to do. I also didn't say all go to that site, just for ones who are impatient can Google it. I just gave a suggestion. Doesn't really matter to me what others do. But it makes it difficult to go through the feed to help when you have almost 2 pages of bickering. So let them Google and we can get back to the feed we had prior, even if it did have a lot of the same questions, it was still more pleasant than this.

I didn't say all builds were stable, all I did was post what onikikay said to do. I also didn't say all go to that site, just for ones who are impatient can Google it. I just gave a suggestion. Doesn't really matter to me what others do. But it makes it difficult to go through the feed to help when you have almost 2 pages of bickering. So let them Google and we can get back to the feed we had prior, even if it did have a lot of the same questions, it was still more pleasant than this.

I totally understand and yes it does make things hard with all the bickering in this thread largely due to Onki's lack of presence here and some of the Patreon's taking many of the comments about it the wrong way and not putting themselves in the "other persons" shoes.

I totally understand and yes it does make things hard with all the bickering in this thread largely due to Onki's lack of presence here and some of the Patreon's taking many of the comments about it the wrong way and not putting themselves in the "other persons" shoes.

Yes exactly :)

Just wondering, does updated versions (Anything release for Patron versions), after Public Released ones, will fix compatibility with NRaas Mods?

For example, without using this mod, inactive sims or npc or etc. sims in neighborhoods/worlds do everything they can do: visit various community lots for none school or work purposes, and do stuffs.

But, when I install this mod, sims in neighborhoods/worlds only do these stuffs: go to school and go to work, nothing else.