Mashup Woes Nifskope to CK

Aydoo

I have a MashUp I've been working on teaching myself more about NifSkope. I'm pretty sure I broke something along the way, but I can't figure out how to at least check what might be missing that is causing the CK to implode when it tries to read the mesh. If anyone with NifSkope knowledge feels like it, Id appreciate someone taking a look and giving feed back on what might be the issue.

I hosted the file's current version here on my Mega.

Using my naming scheme in the nif

key amulet<--crashes
key necklace<--crashes
knee socks <--crashes
waist belt<-crash
skirt<--crash
jacket<-crash
jacket silver<--crash
thighbottles <--crash

Safe List:

Torsobelt
torsogems
Tokei
scroll
Kanagu
Kabann
shimpan
Extreme fear
checkered bag
book
bag
body
necklace

I'm fairly sure a couple at least could be a bone issue. I'm also looking to see if any of the offending pieces copied over with bad shader settings (since I've read that can be an issue too). Oh yeah the hosted file does also have a typo on one of the NiNodes, I had spelled it Tiwst instead of Twist. I fixed it before I tested but hadn't fixed the uploaded one.

On wrong meshes

NiTriShape \ BSDismemberSkinInstance

"Block Details" panel, "Skeleton Root" property. Change "None" to "0".

Well that covers most of them but Jacket/Jacket Silver/ Skirt which were already set that way. I'll run some tests again.

Edit: Yeah that definitely fixed them except for those 3 above.

Mmm no idea how are they so bugged. Did you modify the skin info?

the skirt has

NiTriShape - BSDismemberSkinInstance - Num Bones property = 6

and NiTriShape - BSDismemberSkinInstance - NiSkinData - Num Bones property = 9

Change that 9 to 6, and on the "Bone List" property, mouse right click -> array -> update

This fixes the ctd CK. Test it also in game because it might not deform fine.

Mmm no idea how are they so bugged. Did you modify the skin info?

the skirt has

NiTriShape - BSDismemberSkinInstance - Num Bones property = 6

and NiTriShape - BSDismemberSkinInstance - NiSkinData - Num Bones property = 9

Change that 9 to 6, and on the "Bone List" property, mouse right click -> array -> update

This fixes the ctd CK. Test it also in game because it might not deform fine.

The "Top" was missing some texture paths (it wasnt a bsdismemberskininstance but a normal) so I ran a conversion then the batch spells, but otherwise hadn't messed much outside of setting the texture paths and resetting all the name strings to declutter the unused ones. I also changed the body part table (so they use the correct slot. Partition->Partition->BodyPart ->32)

Using what you just mentioned I noticed the Jacket is the same with 18 / 20. I think this was an error from when I was copying the branch tbh. Ill run some more tests now.

Edit: Replaced another mesh and tested it in game, since the CK loads it, no crash but the skirt and jacket both stretch out into oblivion (the poor daedra.) 

This would indicate those vertices not being rigged to an actual bone no?

Attached them here in case you wanted to see for yourself. Looks like the originals were pretty derped up too.

Edit: I see the extra bones the originals had before I butchered them. I copied those over too into the new mashup (Rb01/Rb01/belly/Lbutt/Rbutt.) This solved the infinite stretching, though the jacket/skirt are invisible but I belIeve I know how to fix this.

Jacket_1.nif

lower_1.nif

Archived