Skyrim Modding Guide

Any good threads on compiling scripts in Mod Organizer? 

I don't even know what that means. :P Scripts for Skyrim, scripts for macros in Mod Organizer, what?

Sorry as I've said before when it comes to making mods (beyond just patches and making existing mods work better) I'm a complete noob, scripting especially.

Compiling scripts for mods when using Mod Organizer is a different process than doing so in NMM. I'm a complete noob myself. But Google exists. :)

I wasn't going to post this because it's a bit too technical for me to say all that much about, but fek it, MatorTheEternal is working on MatorSmash, of which a beta is already out for testing and has been for a while, it's currently on v 0.2.2 the below video was from a much earlier phase.

Really technical stuff, but promising once things get ironed out, but this looks like a very promising replacer for Wrye Bash in not too long.

For now however the most valuable thing I took from this video? Start up TES5Edit, leave all your mods marked, then hold in Shift when clicking the OK button, then wait for your jaw to drop. This is not recommended at all if you plan on making something like a patch (a merge patch or a feature patch, as Edit won't be entirely aware of all your nuanced records), but if you're looking up existing files only, this should save a little time.

This program has so many hidden features and things you have to experiment with it's crazy, actually the New Vegas guide for FVNEdit you can find here is probably the best bet you have for finding out some of the deeper nuances, and that's way outdated by now.

Okay first off Alex9ndre, author of Vigor and other mods have released a new file, it's still on the Vigor page but may get a new page of it's own, you can read about what the new file does here, this is something I will be using.

that's exactly what i've done, DL the ENB vram test from Boris and ran it for dx9 and put that number in my enblocal.ini

Also what I mean by taking ENB out i just mean using ENBboost without the graphical enhancements, right now it's running the best it ever has after i took all the textures out besides skin textures and whatever comes with mods like campfire and what not, i read that adding alot of new stuff to the game, object meshes is another thing that will slow it down big time too which i think is why cutting my load order down has helped slightly too, but i still get those hard stutters/mini freeze when turning fast occasionally but less frequently than before. other than that i am staying over 60 except when there is a lot of npcs on screen like during a festival in town with the mod 'holidays' and during too big of a battle especially something like immersive patrols or warzones so i took those out. i had a dragon attack this playthrough outside of riften with quite a bit going on like 2 flame atronachs, my followers, a few riften guards and a couple trolls and it was smooth. last time like i said i was in darkwater crossing, which was modded with ETAC so more stuff and npcs, and was using ENHanced Mighty dragons, i honestly can't pinpoint it but like i said i got terrible and frequent hard stutters during that dragon attack, also had all the textures installed too which i don't have now and about 40 more plugins.

you'll have to give me some time with the hdthighheels because i'll have to go back and look which armors in my armors merges, i have two of them, require it and then i'll have to take those out and rebuild those. by the way you hdt high heels causes crashes or fps drops? Only using HDT bodies, i've used hdt heels on followers before but only for testing never in an actual game. i've always been suspicous of hdt bodies though and all that hdt going on that many npcs, i don't use anything else that is hdt though.

underground bathhouse like i said awhile ago you might not remember but when i tried the merged version i couldn't get the 'about my bathhouse' dialogue for most npcs even with the amulet, i went back to the nexus version and now it works, might be a conflict with something in my load order but i'll have to wait to figure out what it is because of the other problems.

what will i be losing with loverscomfort that spusesenhanced doesn't have? besides npc couples banging? anything?

can you point me to which page you say how to make a merged patch? that's not the same as merged plugins right?

ok here is my modlist but keep in mind it's a mess and there is a lot of it that is not even checked in MO so it's not loaded in game i unchecked a lot like i said but didn't delete them in case i try them out again in the future i can have them already installed just unchecked. For example all of the textures you see are unchecked besides skin textures i use from all in one animated pussy and SOS there might be some gameplay mods that add objects and textures too. also some of those armors are unchecked and much of the locational mods are unchecked right now, ETAC for example and Immersive College of Winterhold and house mods. I'm also using DOF of ENB right now not DYnavision.

Re Merged patch, you did read the first page of this thread as instructed right? Merged patch and bashed patch is handled there in a lot of detail.

You seem to be a bit confused also about what HDT bodies mean, if you are using All-in One then every NPC in your game is already using HDT bodies, they have to for that mod to work. If your armor mods do something silly like put HDT high heels boots in level lists, then NPCs already have them.

Lover's Comfort etc; you do read the descriptions of mods you download right? If not I can't help you, sorry. Just go to that page (specifically here) and read up on it.

aside from hdt heels though you mentioned clothes too(I don't have any outfits with hdt heels that spreads to npcs only clothes). so you suggest or may think I shouldn't use something like remodeled armor hdt that replaces vanilla clothes and armor on npcs? I've read over and over that hdt is unstable but I know what hdt bodies is, it means when the npcs are naked there stuff will jiggle but I also have vanilla armor and clothes replacers with hdt. so I may need to just put regular non-hdt clothes and armor on them (and thus only have the hdt effect when they are naked)?

aside from hdt heels though you mentioned clothes too(I don't have any outfits with hdt heels that spreads to npcs only clothes). so you suggest or may think I shouldn't use something like remodeled armor hdt that replaces vanilla clothes and armor on npcs? I've read over and over that hdt is unstable but I know what hdt bodies is, it means when the npcs are naked there stuff will jiggle but I also have vanilla armor and clothes replacers with hdt. so I may need to just put regular non-hdt clothes and armor on them (and thus only have the hdt effect when they are naked)?

No, no worries about that, the only difference between HDT clothes and BBP clothes is BBP and other acronyms is using animations to move, that is jump in a certain way and you will always jiggle exactly like that which has it's own issues, while HDT is using physics to simulate it as you'd expect. It's the exact same files that get attached to HDT bodies as HDT clothes, a HDT Body wearing a BBP armor is now a BBP body, because your body mesh is the mesh of your armor. It has a fairly minimal impact on the system. The only thing to worry about is HDT boots alone, which come as outfits in many cases (such as with DeserterX's armors like Gwelda etc), this is really unstable to put on tons of NPCs and should be avodied at all costs, preferably you should not use the HDT high heels mod at all now that there's an alternative.

Hello Sacremas,

i just want to inform you. Still hating the BBLS? It finally got an update. You might want to have a look on it. I will try it this weekend. Greetings. :)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11427/?

Thanks but I don't really have Skyrim installed to be able to check out what sort of impact it currently has on performance and stability, I do like that they rewrote it as extensively and I would try it if I had Skyrim installed.

Here's something interesting, a graphical update of the Skyrim engine that is not an ENB and works with ENBs, and apparently has little to no performance impact. I'm not sure how that can work or if it does, but if anyone wants to test it out, look here; http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75954/?

hdt higheels has alternative ? hmm where i could find it i really want to use stockins at luxury collection for my followers since there are some really goodones that looks great on them but with out higheels mod they dont fit fell end of the foot and just flinger the very last part in feet the floor XD .

so i just dont use stockins at luxury collection there are really nice lookin corsets and nightsuits i think and if someone likes lingeries there are those too ;) hehe light armor versions as well it taked couple days to get it installed tought for me since im not modder :) just regular player who enjoys mods that here are .

any recommendations for player homes or nice outfits for my female followers ? cbbe bodytypes or follower /companions ? i am thinkin to play main quest line for vanilla and dlc:s finally to end ;) .

hdt higheels has alternative ? hmm where i could find it i really want to use stockins at luxury collection for my followers since there are some really goodones that looks great on them but with out higheels mod they dont fit fell end of the foot and just flinger the very last part in feet the floor XD .

so i just dont use stockins at luxury collection there are really nice lookin corsets and nightsuits i think and if someone likes lingeries there are those too ;) hehe light armor versions as well it taked couple days to get it installed tought for me since im not modder :) just regular player who enjoys mods that here are .

any recommendations for player homes or nice outfits for my female followers ? cbbe bodytypes or follower /companions ? i am thinkin to play main quest line for vanilla and dlc:s finally to end ;) .

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70581/? NiOveride High Heels, follow the video to remove dependencies on HDT High Heels, then uninstall that.

Your other question is too comprehensive for me to bother with to be honest. By now there are THOUSANDS of nice outfits for females, to even begin to list them would be ludicrous, and only depend on taste alone. Search is your friend.

I will say however to not use CBBE, it's shit, we're talking about 1/100 the polygon count of UUNP. The Fallout 4 version of CBBE has something like 800 times the amount of polygons as the Skyrim version, UUNP is your only realisitc choice by now.

thanks :) i have considered to wich over to unnp body maybe ill do it next time i start new game in skyrim and as you say the outfits depend on taste player homes that are large enough to keep 3-5 followers in sameplace is hard to find tought you know i have multimarriage XD but i keep lookin :).

• 3 weeks later...

Version numbers listed is very outdated for most when I mention numbers, that stability thing was just a temporary issue and I should have updated way ago (will do so now). Download the latest, as long as it's not Mod Organizer 2 (only available on github, still in Beta, and will only work with Fallout 4 for now, and is the one you will need for the remastered x64 Skyrim coming in a few months, which in theory would change the maximum esps from 255 to around 65000...).

Well mods like Wyrmstooth, Falskaar and even really good overhauls like Ordinators or spell packs like Apocalypse are stuff I wouldn't have minded paying for. They are quality work that someone put in hundreds maybe thousands of hours into, I would gladly give money back to that. As long as they don't come out with single swords for a dollar or anything like that shit, I'm all for it.

And it shouldn't have been that big of a surprise, Beth.net being establisned in the first place should have been a very big clue that this was happening. Last time Bethesda did not care about the bad publicity at all because they were earning money and people were using the system, it was Gabe Newell himself that shut it down from Steam's side, Bethesda would have let it keep on going.

Ummmm.... Was thinking other day about the mysterious disappearance of Wyrmstooth, maybe he got wind of it and pulled to update to the new the system-and release as a paid Mod.

Sorry my conspiracy theory for the day lol.

Even so, why would he try to elimate anything he ever created on-line ?? it is like he just wanted to dissapear completely rather then turning back as paid modder.

Ummmm.... Was thinking other day about the mysterious disappearance of Wyrmstooth, maybe he got wind of it and pulled to update to the new the system-and release as a paid Mod.

Even so, why would he try to elimate anything he ever created on-line ?? it is like he just wanted to dissapear completely rather then turning back as paid modder.

No actually that theory actually holds up very well.

During the paid mods fiasco one of the mods that got destroyed to the point where no one wants to see anythign by that autor again was Midas Magic, an old spell compilation mod that was the main competition to Apocalypse at the time. What the author did was he uploaded a version of his mod for sale, and to make people actually buy his mod after owning it for so long he actually put in fucking ads and pop-ups on timers when you cast his spells, appearing like every hour or so asking you to go buy his paid version which was the same without the pop-ups, a perfectly reasonable concept if you look at shareware like WinRar... but which went over in actuality as well as you'd expect.

Contrast that to removing your mod half a year to a year behforehand, taking the time to extensively update it perhaps in the process and add new features, hold it back and release a premium version for sale. Much more likely to be sold, much less likely for the author who only now decided to "return" to it rather than  plan for it to be basically destroyed by the community.

yes  but if the author changed his id people will actually accuse him of theft first since he was knowsn under different id and now suddenly the mod pops up again under different id and as a paid mod. people would think that someone else just took his mod added stuff to it and now try to sell the same thing. .I think that is the danger he is now putting himself in. 

But if he just reuploads the mod instead of free now paid mod what is going to stop the community from actually be jerk and reupload the free version. He just shot himself an arrow to the knee.

For you wench fanatic, Lord Koz has uploaded a new one for your collection, Judgement Wenches, however this one has a bit of a caveat... if you bring female followers to fight these wenches, they have a script spell that will let them kill even Essential or Immortal female followers (males are safe, it specificially targets female actor types). The wenches drop items you can use to protect your female followers. This has actually been done because Lord Koz, who you could almost say from his screen caps to be Lord Cheesecake basically, is sick of all of the female big breasted followers everwhere, with no real balance to it. We'll see how that goes over...

No actually that theory actually holds up very well.

During the paid mods fiasco one of the mods that got destroyed to the point where no one wants to see anythign by that autor again was Midas Magic, an old spell compilation mod that was the main competition to Apocalypse at the time. What the author did was he uploaded a version of his mod for sale, and to make people actually buy his mod after owning it for so long he actually put in fucking ads and pop-ups on timers when you cast his spells, appearing like every hour or so asking you to go buy his paid version which was the same without the pop-ups, a perfectly reasonable concept if you look at shareware like WinRar... but which went over in actuality as well as you'd expect.

Contrast that to removing your mod half a year to a year behforehand, taking the time to extensively update it perhaps in the process and add new features, hold it back and release a premium version for sale. Much more likely to be sold, much less likely for the author who only now decided to "return" to it rather than  plan for it to be basically destroyed by the community.

My thinking was that IF Bethesda approached the Author that maybe they bought the Mod from him, and a legal order to cease and desist and disappear (unless they hired him directly). The author made an update around New Years to it after being absent with it so long, then like Month or two later "Disappeared". I do recall that the Guy that made Falkstar or what ever name kept applying for a job at Beth because he did all the work himself, but they denied him.

Conspiracy theory alert, lol

For you wench fanatic, Lord Koz has uploaded a new one for your collection, Judgement Wenches, however this one has a bit of a caveat... if you bring female followers to fight these wenches, they have a script spell that will let them kill even Essential or Immortal female followers (males are safe, it specificially targets female actor types). The wenches drop items you can use to protect your female followers. This has actually been done because Lord Koz, who you could almost say from his screen caps to be Lord Cheesecake basically, is sick of all of the female big breasted followers everwhere, with no real balance to it. We'll see how that goes over...

Nice so even vilja, arissa, and all those can be turned against you. i was wondering was there still a way to safe them before they are killed for real ?? this mod makes use of  a different type of game progrerssion, since adept from normal vainlla game is totally different then the one used in the mcm menu from immersive wenches.

Some mods allow me to summon automatron does this mean i can have these new type of wenches with me too ??

Lucky for me i usually have Inigo with me, i am going to capture these wenches with paradise halls. :D And punish them the proper way.

Yo Sacremas do you still have a copy of don't show headgears merged? It would be greatly appreciated if you reupload because the link on page 22 is dead. :s

Sorry the mod did not work properly, it rendered wearers of some headgear (glass and elven) bald. It may have been just characters with custom hairs however. You can use the Merge Plugins Standalone to merge the part of the mod that you prefer, but helmets from other mods (Immersive Armors for example) will not be made invisible by this. Go into the mod(s) in TES5edit and look how Don't Show Headgear modified the headgears (it deleted the helmet graphic and puts in an empty placeholder, and changes the helmet from covering hair to be a circlet, that way allowing hair to show) and make this manual change to all mods.

I deleted all my skyrim mods including ones like this when I deleted my Skyrim install (I just had too many to look through, and it ate up too much space). Hence you kinda have to recreate it yourself... I'm coming back to Skyrim probably after Special Edition and the SKSE for that is out later this year, by then I'll probably remake mods like that.

Heads up, EnaiSiaion has published his long-awaited Combat Overhaul mod, Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim. This is a very light weight combat AI mod providing things like injuries during combat, changing damage taken and dealt (Adept you take and deal 1.5x damage, Legendary you take and deal 4x damage for a "realistic" game) along with a few other changes. It's primarily meant to go alongside either Perkus Maximus or Enai's own Ordinator, but you can use it for other overhauls, and replaces both existing combat mods like Deadly Combat and others now on the Dangerous Mods list, as well as others like Combat Evolved and Vigor, though the author of Vigor is working on making it compatible as it's own niche. It's guaranteed to be script-light, customizable and easy to use, and should work well even in a heavy modded Sexlab game.