Kendo 2's HDT High Heeled Boots for UNP

Hi!

For CBBE please! :)

Not going to happen.  I mod for myself and I do not use CBBE/BodySlide/OutfitStudio, (I know how to mod for real so I don't have to.)  I'm sure someone will eventually ass-rape what I've made and pretend they reinvinted the wheel for 'new' CBBE boots.  You can wait for that to happen or read a few tutorials and make your own real conversion.

Hello, I've converted your boots to Bodyslide with some modification(reshape, various built-in height). Would you mind if I shared the conversion and esp file at here and skycitizen.net? I'll credit you as original author and link to this download page. I won't upload them to Nexus since you said so. 

Will you keep updating more vanilla-styled heeled boots? Having them is my dream since HHS released. :)

Hello, I've converted your boots to Bodyslide with some modification(reshape, various built-in height). Would you mind if I shared the conversion and esp file at here and skycitizen.net? I'll credit you as original author and link to this download page. I won't upload them to Nexus since you said so. 

Will you keep updating more vanilla-styled heeled boots? Having them is my dream since HHS released. :)

I would prefer that people not use BodySlide/OutfitStudio to make my content work with CBBE.  I simply do not want my name and modding reputation attached to those types of 'mods'.  I would prefer that modders use 3DMax or Blender and do proper conversions of my content.  There's nothing I can do to stop you since I don't have that proviso in the mod's permissions, though I would be disinclined to allow you to do any future conversions of my content.  In other words, if you upload your BodySlide conversion you'll never get permission to use anything else I make...ever.

As for uploading my work to other sites or forums?  NO.  The permission clearly states 'Feel free to use these in your Lover's Lab mods'.

And you don't need to repackage my entire mod to do a conversion.  There is no reason to change my esp and the ground models do not need to be converted.  A conversion only requires the _0 and _1 meshes.

SO, if you upload your BodySlide conversion that will be it for using my content for anything you make.  IF you want to go the modder's route and do actual conversions in 3DMax or Blender then you have my blessing, provided you do not upload it to other sites.  And I don't see the need to repackage my entire mod for the sake of conversions since all you are making is mesh replacers.  My mod needs to be a requirement and your CBBE conversions just replace the UNP originals.

If you think I'm being unreasonable, I'm not.  As an example, the Devious Devices team doesn't allow BodySlide/OutfitStudio conversions and their content is for Lover's Lab only.  So I'm not the only modder who wants to protect the integrity of what they make.

Concerning more boots for the mod: I'm taking a break from boots right now.  KInda burned out on them.

Adding some (2) more  Spells for height adjustment.

This way you dont have to use the custom enchantments

Dragonplate and Steel boots = 7.3

Glass Boots = 6.0

All others = 4.75

The HDT High Heels System MCM has a feature to adjust height.  So like I said, no reason to repackage my esp.

The custom enchantments prevent enchanting the boots and also it seems that they stop working after you put the boots in a container and then back on.

That was enough reason for me to edit the esp.

I don't care what people do with my content in their own games.  Tweak the esp, make the boots replacers, add them to leveled lists as loot, whatever.  If someone wants to use BodySlide or OutfitStudio and make the boots work with CBBE or another UNP body that's fine too, for their own games.  I'm cool with all of that.  I do not care.

What I do care about is someone coming in behind me, taking everything I've made and uploading it as their own mod.  I also care about how conversions are done.  If I'm going to take the time to do something right then I want conversions done the same way.

On more than one occasion I've had mods yanked out from beneath me by content poachers because I was stupid enough to make them resources.  When that happens with this mod (it is only a matter of time) that will be the end of my making anything a resource or allowing body conversions of any kind.  If it becomes a real problem I'll stop uploading altogether and people can go back to doing whatever they were doing before I decided to start sharing.

For the HDT spell effect you added, you can easily make a new .esp that adds the HDT spells but uses kendo's .esp as a master, that's what I did for the HDT tera plugin I made a while ago. Think of it as an .esp patch. That way the original is still required and you don't have to use the HDT MCM menu since that one is pretty faulty. The advantage of having a built in HDT spell effect and not the MCM HDT effect is that the boots can be enchanted. The disadvantage is that you need to have the HDT hight heels .esp as a master, but I'm sure we have no problem with that.

As for Devious devices having no bodyslide conversions, that's the first time I've heard of that, since there's more than few topics in LL about bodyslide conversions for DD.

So do these heels replace the vanilla boots or do they get placed alongside them in the leveled list?

also on the note of things related to the framework not allowing enchantments i wonder if a mod like GELO or Wintermyst would allow them to be enchanted as both mods add enchantments to any and all armors from both vanilla and mod related armors. Sooooo maybe with those mods installed people will be able to find these boots enchanted beyond the "heels" enchantment?

i'm going to have to test this myself to see but if it does work then it's possible to find a workaround for the "no enchantments available" thing.

So do these heels replace the vanilla boots or do they get placed alongside them in the leveled list?

also on the note of things related to the framework not allowing enchantments i wonder if a mod like GELO or Wintermyst would allow them to be enchanted as both mods add enchantments to any and all armors from both vanilla and mod related armors. Sooooo maybe with those mods installed people will be able to find these boots enchanted beyond the "heels" enchantment?

i'm going to have to test this myself to see but if it does work then it's possible to find a workaround for the "no enchantments available" thing.

No, they are not replacers and they are not in any leveled lists.  Craft them at the forge.

I do not use GELO or Wintermyst so I have no idea what they do or how they work.

As for having the boots work without the HDT High Heels spells and scripts attached to them, I've seen a few post where people are talking about it but I haven't seen any esps uploaded.  So basically it is just talk at this point.

I'm beginning to suspect the general notion of what a constitutes a 'resource' is lost to some people.  If someone makes a conversion they want to resubmit my entire mod as their own, not just the meshes they changed.  It use to not be that way. :-/

Hi!

Not going to happen.  I mod for myself and I do not use CBBE/BodySlide/OutfitStudio, (I know how to mod for real so I don't have to.)  I'm sure someone will eventually ass-rape what I've made and pretend they reinvinted the wheel for 'new' CBBE boots.  You can wait for that to happen or read a few tutorials and make your own real conversion.

Get over yourself.

"ass rape" wow isnt that an exaggeration, not everyone likes unp and i understand you not wanting to convert it but saying that someone else converting it for others that use cbbe and being kind to a different community than the one you cater for is "ass raping" your mod, is just pretentious.

No, they are not replacers and they are not in any leveled lists.  Craft them at the forge.

I do not use GELO or Wintermyst so I have no idea what they do or how they work.

As for having the boots work without the HDT High Heels spells and scripts attached to them, I've seen a few post where people are talking about it but I haven't seen any esps uploaded.  So basically it is just talk at this point.

I'm beginning to suspect the general notion of what a constitutes a 'resource' is lost to some people.  If someone makes a conversion they want to resubmit my entire mod as their own, not just the meshes they changed.  It use to not be that way. :-/

no no you misunderstand what i'm saying. You're saying that that because of the HDT framework that the heels can't be enchanted and that they aren't on leveled lists.

Lootification, Gelo, AND Wintermyst all add items from mods into the leveled lists to be found on corpses and in containers. Gelo and Wintermyst specifically add ENCHANTED versions of all of those items to the leveled lists to be found. I can ASSUME this includes HDT heel related items because i have actually installed 5 different HDT heel required armors to my GELO skyproc patcher list. So it scans those mods and adds them to the list. I know this is true because i've found the armors in game already. I haven't found the shoes YET, key word YET. But i think it's possible that it adds them to the list too.

I'm not saying to get rid of the HDT heel dependency as it allows for further customization in how high the heels in game make your character. and the point of calling it a resource is that you use it in part of something else. A mesh, a texture, a framework, they're all considered resources independently. If you don't want people using your meshes with out using the rest of the mod itself included than say so, but unless you specifically say that no one will know. And even if you do that i gotta assume no one will want to use your resources at all because forcing an "all or nothing" mentality on others tends to drive people away more than it does pull them in. This is coming from a person studying game art & design myself and currently working on my own personal project. So i DO understand how you feel but at the same time, a resource is a resource, is a resource. You can't expect everyone to accept every part of your work when you're calling it a resource. It's just the way things are. 

Hi!

Get over yourself.

"ass rape" wow isnt that an exaggeration, not everyone likes unp and i understand you not wanting to convert it but saying that someone else converting it for others that use cbbe and being kind to a different community than the one you cater for is "ass raping" your mod, is just pretentious.

Conversions are welcome, just not BodySlide/OutfitStudio ones.  You took one post in a string of posts on the matter to make a non-point and do some bashing without knowing the context.

no no you misunderstand what i'm saying. You're saying that that because of the HDT framework that the heels can't be enchanted and that they aren't on leveled lists.

Lootification, Gelo, AND Wintermyst all add items from mods into the leveled lists to be found on corpses and in containers. Gelo and Wintermyst specifically add ENCHANTED versions of all of those items to the leveled lists to be found. I can ASSUME this includes HDT heel related items because i have actually installed 5 different HDT heel required armors to my GELO skyproc patcher list. So it scans those mods and adds them to the list. I know this is true because i've found the armors in game already. I haven't found the shoes YET, key word YET. But i think it's possible that it adds them to the list too.

I'm not saying to get rid of the HDT heel dependency as it allows for further customization in how high the heels in game make your character. and the point of calling it a resource is that you use it in part of something else. A mesh, a texture, a framework, they're all considered resources independently. If you don't want people using your meshes with out using the rest of the mod itself included than say so, but unless you specifically say that no one will know. And even if you do that i gotta assume no one will want to use your resources at all because forcing an "all or nothing" mentality on others tends to drive people away more than it does pull them in. This is coming from a person studying game art & design myself and currently working on my own personal project. So i DO understand how you feel but at the same time, a resource is a resource, is a resource. You can't expect everyone to accept every part of your work when you're calling it a resource. It's just the way things are. 

I didn't put them in any leveled list because I made this for myself and I didn't want them placed in the world that way.  Leveled lists change containers and NPCs already changed by other mods, and I only my toon and a few select NPCs wear the boots.  Leveled list boots are not needed for my game. ;)

And you misunderstood my point about resources.  I WANT people to ONLY take what they are converting, NOT the entire mod.  If someone ever gets around to doing a real conversion for CBBE or another UNP body, they have no reason to include my ground meshes or the esp, yet that is what I have been getting as far as requests go.  They want the whole mod in their upload, basically cutting me out of the picture.

Great mod Kendo; seeing this has pushed me over the edge and I want to attempt modding now.  Just one question for you if you don't mind, did you use a base mesh (aside from the vanilla) to build upon for the heel extensions or was it entirely poking around in 3dmax.  Im only curious because I want to know what if Im about to go off the proverbial deep end attempting my own creations never having modded anything ever, but hey if you have the free time and can make it work why not right?

Great mod Kendo; seeing this has pushed me over the edge and I want to attempt modding now.  Just one question for you if you don't mind, did you use a base mesh (aside from the vanilla) to build upon for the heel extensions or was it entirely poking around in 3dmax.  Im only curious because I want to know what if Im about to go off the proverbial deep end attempting my own creations never having modded anything ever, but hey if you have the free time and can make it work why not right?

Skyrim is not the game to cut your teeth on for modding meshes in Blender/3DMax.  Start with something more basic like FO3/NV or Oblivion (if you have them).

As for the modelling I do, I usually work off of the vanilla meshes.  That is a lot easier than making meshes from scratch, creating UVs from nothing that work with vanilla textures, etc.  I mostly do reshapes and the redo the UV maps (sometimes make new ones) so there is no texture distortion.

I'm glad you like the mod.  Also glad you feel inspired to make your own content.  If you want tutorials for Skyrim, the TES Alliance forum has better information than what is on the Nexus Wiki.  They are more complete.