Console Commands

lljELLyFiSHll

Does anyone know if it's possible to add more than one item at a time in the console command? 

For instance; Say an armor mod you downloaded has a bunch of different colours and is seperated in Helmet, Torso, Pants, Gloves, Boots. Light, Heavy etc. It's going to be pretty tedious to go and Page Up to find the item ID each time. Is there a way you can add them all at once? Kind of like player.additem 54000DC2 1, 54000DC3 1, 54000DC4 1 --- So on and so forth.

You can't directly, but you can create a "bat" file.

That file is nothing but a text file where you list the items you want to add. Let's say you call it "MyArmors.txt" then you add on separate lines.

player.additem 54000DC2 1

player.additem 54000DC3 1

player.additem 54000DC4 1 

You then have to place that file in the Skyrim root folder, NOT the data folder. Next you can add all those items by running the console command: bat MyArmors

One last thing to remember. When you install other mods the load order can change so it's possible you'll need the change the codes in the file.

That file is nothing but a text file where you list the items you want to add. Let's say you call it "MyArmors.txt" then you add on separate lines.

player.additem 54000DC3 1

player.additem 54000DC4 1 

You then have to place that file in the Skyrim root folder, NOT the data folder. Next you can add all those items by running the console command: bat MyArmors

One last thing to remember. When you install other mods the load order can change so it's possible you'll need the change the codes in the file.

Well for ones that have a similar id except for the last letter/number the fastest way to add those with console is to use player.additem # then use the up arrow to bring back up what your last entry was then arrow over and change the last letter/number and hit enter.

My thanks to the both of you! Both suggestions were very helpful.  :D

player.additem 54000DC3 1

player.additem 54000DC4 1

You then have to place that file in the Skyrim root folder, NOT the data folder. Next you can add all those items by running the console command: bat MyArmors

Oh my god! You have no idea how awesome you are!

Just when I thought I knew everything I could know about this stuff you blew me off my feet. I can do so much with this new knowledge...

Archived