Best looking NPC overhaul

thanks for the heads up- he has a great Thalmor overhaul.

i need help tho i downloaded the Thalmor but its a .7z.001 file- whats up with that?

That thing with the ".001", ".002" etc files means it is a multi-part archive. Probably the mod is only meant for manual install.

To install it with a mod manager:

1. put all the files into the same folder

2. open the first .001 file with 7-Zip and extract the content into one folder (the program will open all parts automatically)

3. make a new .7z / .rar / .zip archive from that folder

4. finally this new archive can be installed with any mod manager as a regular mod.

If any parts of the multi-part archive are missing, 7-Zip will complain about the file being damaged. So make sure that all the files are fully downloaded and in the same folder, and open it with the .001 file and not the others.

thanks for the heads up- he has a great Thalmor overhaul.

i need help tho i downloaded the Thalmor but its a .7z.001 file- whats up with that?

That thing with the ".001", ".002" etc files means it is a multi-part archive. Probably the mod is only meant for manual install.

To install it with a mod manager:

1. put all the files into the same folder

2. open the first .001 file with 7-Zip and extract the content into one folder (the program will open all parts automatically)

3. make a new .7z / .rar / .zip archive from that folder

4. finally this new archive can be installed with any mod manager as a regular mod.

If any parts of the multi-part archive are missing, 7-Zip will complain about the file being damaged. So make sure that all the files are fully downloaded and in the same folder, and open it with the .001 file and not the others.

i got .7z.001 and  .7z.002, i extracted the .001 and it extracted as a normal folder. it has data and an esp with meshes and textures inside but i tried to extract the 7z.002 file and 7zip said it could not do that. the .002 file is 1.2mb big also (.001 was around 10mb)- so do i need the .002 because it wouldnt make sense to upload something that isnt neccesary and it wont open i downloaded the .002 tthree times now and got the same dud. any help?

~EDIT~  okay i get what you meant thanks for the lesson Guk, i need .001 and .002 in the same folder at the same time extract file .001 and it would extract in tandem .002. yeah the extract is actually 149mb. thanks for the help man :)

Not really a mod suggestion but more of a bug that I noticed regarding using a bunch of NPC replacers.  Like probably most here on this thread, I also use a bunch of NPC replacers at the same time.. from SOGS to NPC 85 to Bijin to custom VNPCs & now even to the recently shared KZ style. Noticed that I had huge FPS drops while in Whiterun & Solitude lately, even in some indoor parts. Figured that the NPC replacers were the obvious culprits, since I haven't installed anything else. Also just to mention, prelude to having the problem, gameplay was smooth even with all the replacers. Plus, I already have the necessary bug fix & optimization mods & I even optimize all newly installed NPC textures. After observing for a while.. I pinpointed that the children NPCs were causing the FPS drops. I clearly noticed it when a kid enters the same cell or frame & then the frames just obviously & drastically drops. I was using JH Donyakkin & RS Overhaul & either or both were affecting performance. I had to ditch them & just settled for default children with RUSTIC retex mod. The improvement was drastic. FPS became stable.

This bug might not manifest for all.. This just might be because of the number of replacers installed.. but I think it can be helpful to those who might share the same problem. My set-up has Sexlab installed. I think that the JH Donyakiin introduced it's adult data in a peculiar way. It's not conclusive but I think that new data puts a real strain on the system. To add more to this -  KZ Style Children also perfomed as bad as JH Donyakiin & RS.. but in contrast, I've tested TK Children & it seems to work OK. Guess any kid overhaul that uses adult data are the root cause of this problem.

That sounds like a non xpmse (hdt ready) skeleton on a hdt game.

Would've hoped if that was the case but it wasn't. Did a re-test, removed RSkids & replaced donyakiin with an hdt body. The hdt body replacement functioned good but the same drastic fps drops still manifested. Also tested KZstyle kids & did the same hdt body replacement but it still had the same bug. Must be the the combo or number of replacers I have installed. Removing any kid overhaul fixes it at my end. Anyway, thanks for the help. I'm now actually fine to just using RUSTIC kids.

@parruyo - I checked out that #9 on the First page, and I've tried to download those six files, but all I get is Error 403 - You don't have permission to download these files (re NPC 85).  Does anyone have any link to the six downloaded files?  Or has anyone downloaded them, unzipped them, and rezipped them and made them available?  Thanks!

@aerysthemaddovahking  Do you have any lead to both SOGS and NPC 85?  All the links I've found take me to locations where the download links give me Error 403 - No Permission to download.  Thank you!!

Sorry, I just found the links to SOG6 on Page 30 of this discussion.  Thank you!!

So, now, anyone have a link for NPC 85, other than the Korean website?  Thank you, also!  Allen

Gawd, Now I'm REALLY sorry.  The link to the page:

http://m.blog.naver.com/sidearmf93/90191005821

HAS the download links, they just were not where i"m used to getting them on the Korean websites.  For some idiotic (c'est moi) reason, I kept scrolling right past 'em.  They're right down there near, but not at, the bottom of the page.  From there, it's simple to just doanload 'em all, unzip 'em in order on top of each other, and away I go.  Sorry for the disruption!

I'm not sure if someone has a functional upload for NPC85 or SOGs in the previous pages if they get too confused, so I have some uploaded here.

SOGS Mainfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cggy17skn5gp15k/SOGS-MainfilesV5.7z?dl=0
SOGS ESPs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v02eaa2q1v7b8ab/SOGSv5.0.7z?dl=0
SOGS English ESPs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/778cs1h0n82u71k/SOGSv5.0%E8%8B%B1%E6%96%87%E7%89%88esp.zip?dl=0
NPC85: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwtd05uolpcwf5g/NPC_54.7z?dl=0

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a decent guide on the best way to combine a bunch of NPC overhauls successfully. I've been making a list of which characters I like best from which overhauls and would like to create a personal pack of my preferences across several of them merged down to avoid esp clutter. What's the best way to do this? I tried the standalone mergeplugins but it doesn't seem to work when it comes to facegen data (conflicting with USLEEP). Is it something I have to do manually in tes5edit? I heard people talk about Mator Smash as well, but that's still alpha so I'm reluctant to try it. How do you guys do it? Any help or links to decent tutorials would be much appreciated.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find a decent guide on the best way to combine a bunch of NPC overhauls successfully. I've been making a list of which characters I like best from which overhauls and would like to create a personal pack of my preferences across several of them merged down to avoid esp clutter. What's the best way to do this? I tried the standalone mergeplugins but it doesn't seem to work when it comes to facegen data (conflicting with USLEEP). Is it something I have to do manually in tes5edit? I heard people talk about Mator Smash as well, but that's still alpha so I'm reluctant to try it. How do you guys do it? Any help or links to decent tutorials would be much appreciated.

Probably not good enough but might help.

For deleting single or several NPCs in an overhaul mod to make other overhauls take over it properly (without grey face bug).. it's doable but a bit tedious. One can do it it in CK or TES5edit. In a nutshell: just delete everything related to the NPC -  NPC data in esp plus facegen mesh & texture files.

PS: On a different previous subject, I've now actually managed to fix my kid npc replacer problem.. Turns out the skeleton I've been using got switched with a non hdt skeleton by mistake. It's all good now & did some more testing with KZstyle & Donyakiin combined. RDO works quite well with them too.

So I'm using sidearm's overhauls, but I appear to be missing a couple of textures. I have ECE 1.4, including Enhanced Character Edit.esp, SG brows, and SG hair 268, but I ran into a Thalmor Justiciar with textureless eyes and lashes, and Karita of the Windpeak Inn in Dawnstar has them, too.

dPk4RAG.jpg

Did I miss a file, or is this a problem with the mods themselves?

From a little poking around in TES5Edit and the CK, it seems like the problem is they're pointing to eye HDPTs with texture sets that are designated a texture that wasn't included with the mod? Karita's eyes seem to use the texture set 000EyesMaleHumanDUPLICATE015, which is looking for the texture HumanEyes15.dds, but that is not a vanilla texture nor included inside the archives as far as I can see?

This is the same problem that i`ve been having! I too am using the NPC_85 mod and Karita is the only NPC that I`ve found that has the missing eye texture. I`ve tried several suggestions to try to rectify the problem but so far no luck. :(

Do you have Eyes of Beauty installed?  I didn't see it in your listed mods.  It is needed for NPC 85.

edit: fixed bad english (maybe)

I have Eyes of Beauty installed but the problem still persists. I`d really love a fix for this, so I`m happy to have any assistance from the community here.

***UPDATE - I came up with a solution that works. I finally discovered the name of the texture that was being called by the texture set being applied to Karita, so I simply made a copy of an existing eye texture and renamed the copy to match the missing file name. Karita now has ice blue eyes! ;)

I use a combo of Bijin Warmaidens and Wives, alongside Neus's excellent Ordinary Women and the very meh NOG mods for some of the NPCs. As expected, NOG has some conflicts so what I do (manual install masochists only) is:

1. Install NOG

2. Install Bijin x 2 and Neus (overwrite when prompted - for the facegen), and put them lower in load order

3. Open up NOG.esp in TESedit, and remove the NPC records of the conflicted/overwritten characters.

The face assets have been now overwritten by the correct mods and they are now in control of the NPC. If you want you could open up the substituted mod folders and remove the other head/faceparts assigned to individual NPCs, but as long as your facegen assets are in the right folders and the references come from the correct mods all will be well. You may lose a couple MB of space by not deleting this data but Skyrim will simply ignore those files.

4. Play the game

The bigger issue is manual uninstallation, but I even worked that out quite easily - it's a slightly longer process but with some practice takes a couple minutes to do. I also started making my own NPC overhauls because I don't like the SE Asian look all through the game (it's a nice change sometimes, but I prefer a bit more authenticity). If you're handy with Racemenu, it's not an steep learning curve if you're modding for yourself - CPU has a good guide to making followers and there are decent tutorials available. This taught me quite a bit about how Skyrim reads NPC data, and follow good practices to avoid conflicts.

I have a save on which I've changed NPCs countless times as authors updated their mods and I experimented, and I'm up to level 81 with no issues at all. I did have to scrub the save a few times, but now it runs beautifully without a single crash over 6-7 hours of gameplay. And I didn't mess around with merging mods either.

Any mods that change NPC weight are a little more involved, as they usually result in neck seams or turtlenecks when you don't start a new game. And some replacers are terribly coded and result in faces that don't animate, or gray face bugs.

alternate links: PM me if you want it removed

SOGS v6 (Main files)

https://mega.nz/#!cAMRWAQC!mLHnW_vVa58-llX7vf2gcUkkyy7Vjf82CzrV5jVDN1Q

SOGS v6 (requires main files)

https://mega.nz/#!xFlHSADa!G64DAI6cuc_mATry8oOMRbfeXfRCcdjWrC-dv9TSidc

SOGS v6 english esp (requires main files)

https://mega.nz/#!JdF2jbqC!tjDpxaI2l2YVKXmq3frGZcaOdMiRO-e8Yc8lIYDSxUk

You have my eternal gratitude Sir/Madame!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it's possible to get GCE to work with other replacers? I'm currently using it along with NPC85, SOGS, Ordinary Women and Bijin for females and Men of Winter, Hot Male Housecarls and Males of Skyrim for males. Yet for some reason, even though the hairs from GCE load, the faces are completely hideous. I took a look in TES5Edit and noticed that all of the GCE NPCs use custom races, while other overhauls use vanilla races. Any idea if this is part of the problem?

post-562928-0-02525200-1473331605_thumb.png

post-562928-0-47322800-1473331607_thumb.png