Best looking NPC overhaul

The script worked fine for me - I merged a bunch of followers over to a merged plugin, then used that merged plugin with the NPC visual transfer tool, and it seems to be working well. But I did need to manually fix some errors the followers' authors left behind first.

Guest thunderiaz

I wish for a mod like XEOSP (available for oblivion) available for skyrim which overhauls all the npcs of skyrim including dlcs with anime look and also with weight option. That would be a dream come true.

i just wish this was simpler to do, i'm only barely capable with tes5edit and i've got no experience with CK so really what this has amounted to for me is just shifting stuff around and hoping it looks good.

a post a few pages back suggested not to even use the sogs .esm, anyone else find that to be true?

edit:  oh, and whats the general consensus on sidearmf93's dawnguard overhaul?  it sounds like ece is needed, or at least a modified version of it, but does it conflict with racemenu and how hard is it to fix so it will work with this mod?

edit:  oh, and whats the general consensus on sidearmf93's dawnguard overhaul?  it sounds like ece is needed, or at least a modified version of it, but does it conflict with racemenu and how hard is it to fix so it will work with this mod?

the why and how to fix that problem was giving some page earlier...

Body mesh & texture replacements, such as cbbe unp hdt fair skin complexion or whatever, should work fine for most sidearm43 overhauls.. but for SOGS it has to be manually done by replacing counterpart body mesh & texture files in it's folder. Same deal can be done for character mods that comes with their own custom body files - just replace them manually, with your preferred body & skin mod, if anyone doesn't like their looks.

well i've apparently gotten sidearmf93's and SOGS mods to play nicely together (so far, i haven't seen a grey face yet at least) but i'm wondering about OBIS.  i noticed it was brought up earlier, could i just make sure the makeover mods are loaded after OBIS so it overwrites the facegendata?

I still can't get sidearmf93's Dawnguard changes to work right in my game... they seemed to be working right at one point but not since I've had them all installed along with SOG 5.0... Hirt's hair is changed but she has a Dawnguard vampire face all the time, for example.

I still can't get sidearmf93's Dawnguard changes to work right in my game... they seemed to be working right at one point but not since I've had them all installed along with SOG 5.0... Hirt's hair is changed but she has a Dawnguard vampire face all the time, for example.

Make sure her facegendata is overwriting properly for sidearm's modifications. Also, double check to make sure her face textures matches the body textures she's using. I had horrible head/body discolor because I didn't check that.

Also, there's a verison 5 of SOGs? I loved ver4 but it had lots of mouth issues so I dropped it.

How did you download it? I can't download the main file because it's too big.

Someone here in this thread posted a link to version 5. It can't be more than a few pages back. Definitely a large set of files.

If you look here on page 13, eifrag has posted megaupload links...

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/42073-best-looking-npc-overhaul/page-13

In my current load order, I have these mods towards the end. SOGS loads first and then the mods from sidearmf93. I keep forgetting to move SOGS down to see if that makes any difference...

Someone here in this thread posted a link to version 5. It can't be more than a few pages back. Definitely a large set of files.

If you look here on page 13, eifrag has posted megaupload links...

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/42073-best-looking-npc-overhaul/page-13

In my current load order, I have these mods towards the end. SOGS loads first and then the mods from sidearmf93. I keep forgetting to move SOGS down to see if that makes any difference...

Thanks for showing me. Don't forget about the facegendata.

Also I do want to mention the NPC Visual Transfer Tool.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64875/?

You can bring any NPC's appearance and replace another NPC's looks with the settings of hte prior.

I've made several NPC changes like

Nicola Avenicci (Custom NPC) to Adriannce Avenicci (Vanilla NPC) now she's more sexy :D Of course with a mesh and texture replacer

Jahiya (Custom) to Sapphire (Target)

How would I check this? In tes5edit?

THe facegendata is the files in the facegen folder in BOTH the meshes and texture folder. In order for the replacer to work the respecitve facegendata included in the mod have to win alongside it.

Here's the example.

See how the load order for the ESP and the mod files are the same? They should be the same in order for facegendata files included in the mods are correctly put in.

post-48180-0-59743200-1437370504_thumb.jpg

post-48180-0-38454200-1437370505_thumb.jpg

Mod Organizer is PERFECT for editing NPC's because you can see if the facegendata is being overwritten by another mod.

I think I discovered what had broken JH Dawnguard in my game. I had added this mod called 'Dawnguard Vampires - No Dirt Tintmasks' and it was loading after the JH mods in my load order.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36439/?

When I took it out, Hirt looked exactly as she is supposed for JH.

Still having a problem with some of the Dunmer characters in my game, though. Brelyna and Jenassa, for example. Their body skin color is a vibrant purple while their head skin color does not match. I'm guessing that there is a mismatch between their body textures and their head textures because it looks like they have the same Fair Skin Complexion textures my character uses on their bodies. I believe I'm using Ria's MBWS mods to change Brelyna and Jenassa and they are towards the end of my load order, after SOGS and the JH mods.

dammit, now I'm having a problem with Vex. She still shows her vanilla face.  I don't know what to do

Double check to make sure the esp isn't being overwritten, and make sure the facegendata in BOTH the meshes and texture folder isn't being overwritten as well.

dammit, now I'm having a problem with Vex. She still shows her vanilla face.  I don't know what to do

Double check to make sure the esp isn't being overwritten, and make sure the facegendata in BOTH the meshes and texture folder isn't being overwritten as well.

according to MO, it's not being overwritten at all post-481959-0-50649100-1437588077_thumb.png

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I tried running the NPC85 (jh_people) mod through CK. First it gives me an error about the language which is understandable because the author is Korean, but when I pull up Vex specifically it gives me another warning that says:

"TEXTURES: Texture Set missing texture

textures\actors\character\female\femalebody_0_msn.dds."

and once I say yes to all to disable warnings, I get another that says:

"ANIMATION: Unable to map bon NPC L Item01 on Vex (02008F37) -> Vex (0001CD90) for Havok Behavior Controller."

Funny, I'm getting a goddamn bug with a sidearm's HF module, npc faces are all like tanned, discolored and pale yet body textures and everything else are ok. I tried to load the plugin on a new game, with different a load order, with no other active plugins, with no unnoficial patches and nothing seems to work...

attachicon.gifenb 2015_07_03 09_04_33_04.jpg

any workaround for this? I'm not using any other sidearm's modules and have all my other npc overhauls deactivated through MO profile.

is this donyakin??

there is a bug in that mod where the npc use your default female head texture

you have to point the correct head texture paths in nifskope for every npc head mesh from that mod

or I can send you my fix

Would you be so kind and share this "fix" once more? Thanks in advance!

EDIT ....Got it ...thanks a lot!!!