Best looking NPC overhaul

I'll just leave this here:

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-4246255-1-1.html

It's different from the NPC85 mod. This one is made by the chinese, while the other was by Koreans.This one contains more NPC beautification (around 100 as opposed to 85)

Ok, someone show me how to DL this please :)

well that was hell finding but here  http://yun.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=1932684045&shareid=1659948888&third=1

Well awesome, how about the esps for v5?

I'll just leave this here:

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-4246255-1-1.html

It's different from the NPC85 mod. This one is made by the chinese, while the other was by Koreans.This one contains more NPC beautification (around 100 as opposed to 85)

Ok, someone show me how to DL this please :)

well that was hell finding but here  http://yun.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=1932684045&shareid=1659948888&third=1

Well awesome, how about the esps for v5?

the link was made a couple pages back much faster then the one i posted. lol 

im currently using sogs v5, sbf, npc_85, inhabitants of skyrim, jh_forsworn

my load order:

3DNPC.esp

jh_forsworn.esp

NPC_Overhaul_V_1_.esp
SOGS.esp
jh_people2.esp
SBF All In One Vanilla.esp
npcpatcher.esp

for people who still cant make it work, i suggest installing the larger ones as a base first, and then add the smaller ones later. dont forget to overwrite files.

and then just to be safe, i delete the conflicting npc record in tes5edit (the red one)

after that, just run npc appearance patcher in tes5edit, and place the esp in the latter. if there's still dark face bug appear, export facegen in ck. if npc still has dark face after exporting, temporarily move your tintmask folder and try to export facegen again in ck.

if npc still not use the last esp replacer, enter the game and open console (~), and then check the last esp modified the npc. (i had multiple marriage mod and other mod that modified the same npc before, and after i placed the esp before the overhauls, the npc finally have the face i intended)

good luck

someone can reupload the forsworn replacer, looks like thelink was remove, and i don´t find the file in my backups.

:(  :(

If you're talking about sidearm's forsworn replacer it hasn't been removed, it's in his google docs file. Go here and click the download button at the top of the page.

Just recently fully tested the sidearmf93 dragonborn npcs.. Everything works except for Frea. She has the dark face bug. Anyone else getting this? I'm beginning to suspect that the uskp patches are the culprits for npcs to have dark faces, especially with the unofficial dlcs. Even without any NPC replacers.. DG vampires, both male & female, has dark face bug in my game. In any case, SOGS Frea was good though.

@guk, yeah sidearmf93 dragonborn is pretty nice.. but like I stated above.. I'm having a bit of a problem with it. I might just opt to use SBF Frea but any help would be appreciated. On a side note, I just now discovered in my game, that I definitely need to use a NPC replacer as DG vampires all have dark faces even if they're vanilla. Using replacers sorts it out.

@bieboy, wow. Envious you got all them replacers working harmoniously. I think I wouldn't be able to make all them suggestions to work, as I'm not too familiar with such fixes yet. I'm still at a crossroad of having to choose between NPC85 & SOGS. Gonna share my thoughts on this: NPC85 - very nice face designs & has actually more NPCs replaced compared to SOGS. SOGS, on the other hand, has a very nice uniqueness in face designs, even with the anime feel, it's more contemporary like the bijin mods. Plus, it's standalone, doesn't need any required added mods. Wish there was a way to individually sort & pick faces to use but it's too much trouble I guess. Right now, I'm leaning towards NPC85 for it has more NPCs covered & the other sidearmf93 NPC replacers, like forsworn bandits etc, makes it uniform & using the added requirements makes it worthwhile.

@camila, seems you have the SOGS teeth bug too. Thought I was the only one that had it. Some npcs do have uneven teeth that protudes while talking, making them have black spots around the mouth. Doesn't happen with all npcs, only to some. Haven't tried it yet but maybe some nexus teeth replacers can sort that out. Just prioritize it below SOGS so it'll replace them.

Added notes on NPC85 & SOGS: SOGS replaces Serana & Frea while NPC85 does not. SH Dawnguard doesn't replace Serana while SH Dragonborn replaces Frea. & I observed SOGS doesn't work if you have Vilja follower installed. CTD'ed on my end. I think it has built-in replacer included for Vilja.

The latest SOGS covers a lot of NPCs. At least 115, if I remember from my last count. I've had a hell of a time getting it to work with all of sidearmf93's mods, though.

Today, I went through SOGS 5 and deleted the meshes and tint masks for all the NPCs covered by the JH mods. Then I went into the esp for SOGS 5 and removed the entries for those NPCs. When I was done, I think I ended up adding 30 - 34 NPCs changed by SOGS 5.

Now they seem to be working well together, placed towards the end of my load order, with Seranaholic and the Bijin mods placed after them but I am running into the occasional derpy NPC. I can't seem to get Jenassa to look right (her head texture does not match her body texture), one of the Windhelm NPCs has a blue band on her forehead, the Feral Vampire in Castle Volkihar had a gray face. The others I've come across look fine.

@sulaco, that's great! Would you mind sharing your modified SOGS esp? & as an added question..doesn't SOGSv5 come with an esm? Are there edits in that too?

Blue band on the forehead is probably because of missing/unprioritized SG eyebrows. Also, recently, I made a Jenassa troubleshoot by using SBF Jenassa because sidearmf93 mods uncannily doesn't cover her. Yes, SOGS does cover a lot but I think NPC85 covers more females because it doesn't cover the DG & DB npcs yet. Add the JH DG & DB & then it'll cover more. Also noticed companion Ria, Dawnstar miners, some wenches, female elven thane assistants, etc aren't covered compared to NPC 85. Really a matter of personal preference but also making it harder to choose between what replaces what. SOGS & NPC85 made some notable npcs spectacularly beautiful. Examples of which: SOGS Iona & NPC85 Carlotta are very well done, truly beautiful, IMO.

On a side note, really glad the elisif/avelyn replacer worked too on top of them big overhauls.. The creator of that mod & probably even the bijin mods should make even bigger NPC overhauls, like NPC85 & SOGS, because I think those face designs are really great & very beautiful.

I have not looked in the SOGs esm yet but I'm guessing that it is holding all the body textures that the characters use. I don't mind sharing my modified esp. I will PM it to you in the morning as I'm just about to do a faceplant into my keyboard.

I've tried both SBF Jenassa and MBWS Jenassa and they were set to load after SOGS and the JH mods. No idea why Jenassa has gotten borked now... Her body textures are a light purple while her head is a different shade of purple. I'm a little sad about it because I like having her around but there are other Dunmers I can use in her place, like Irileth.

@sulaco: Ok, thanks. Appeciate it. Jenassa's glitch sucks though. I like having her as a follower too. Take your time & hope you can sort out her glitch along the way. Also, just wanna mention something about the SOGS body types.. I use UNPB tbbp with hdt loremonger bounces with collision. I'm not sure if SOGS is using that too or the installed unpb body is overwriting it.. but they do look good & very even. Also, SOGS still uses it's own custom textures, with them tattoos & all, & not my installed SG UNP textures, & like I mentioned: they looked good, very even & no imbalances. The hdt bounces worked well too. Whatever the case may be, I'm just noting that SOGS does work with hdt bounce with collision.

Not crazy about the sweaty body textures that SOGS uses though. A minor quibble.

Yep, gotta agree. Maybe replacing the textures manually will fix it. Haven't really tried yet as it got a lot of folders. Most npcs have their own customization, having tattoos & all, but maybe it's just a single body texture replacement used by all characters like bijin & elisif/avelyn. Tested those 2 mods with UNPB TBBP meshes & SG or Fair complexion texture replacements & they turned out fine. Will probably work like it too.

Edit: Holey crap! Fallout 4!!!!!!

First off, I apologize if this is already known but I just wanna share some inputs regarding total hdt bounce & collision effects on npcs with custom bodies - while they're naked.

I now settled for the cbbe tbbp with alsl because I wanted the cbbe I love cleavage mod. To get npcs, like sogs, bijin, seranaholic etc to use hdt bounces - First, must already have hdt physics, xp32 skeleton extended, fnis, cbbe with tbbp & alsl body installed. Now manually replace the files in the npcs' meshes & textures folders with corresponding same-named files from these mods:

- cbbe tbbp (meshes - body, hands & feet nif files)

- alsl body (meshes - overwrite/replace the initially replaced cbbe files with it's body nif files)

- cbbe texture of your choice (I chose SG renewal cbbe for my test) - body, hands, feet, head (not facegen data) dds files.

Now install your preferred hdt bounce mod (I chose hdt bounce & jiggles) & sexy animation poses, after which, run fnis.

You'll now get hdt breasts & butt effects with collisions for npcs with custom bodies. Exactly like the ones you see in them "breast caressing" animation demos. There's even no need for havok physics object.

Other body types might work with same technique but I haven't tried yet. Have to note that the collision effects are full when them npcs are naked & not clothed. Seems my clothing mod didn't share the same effect of isolated collisions but it still had bounces & jiggles. Still ok for them SL adventures. Hope y'all find this helpful & happy gaming!

Hello once again. Just sharing a couple more helpful tidbits. I've already managed to make various NPC replacers to work fine together, even NPC85 & SOGS. Check this video I made about it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TF8LUTnQZiM

Just took guk's advice. Haven't noticed it previously on the initial post on this thread but it's actually the fix that is needed. Used LOOT via Mod Organizer to sort things out. No need for any editing anymore. Will work if mods are prioritized properly (left side of MO UI) in conjunction with assigned load order (right side of MO UI). & also use the "load after" feature while sorting load order with LOOT.

So as an example: if you want NPC85 to take effect over SOGS, use LOOT sort, choose NPC85, click show only conflicting mods & then put SOGS in the load after box. Must use the SOGS esp instead of the esm for it to function right. Can also be done vice versa - SOGS takes effect over NPC85. Must also adjust priorities, on the left side of MO, so that it is below the mod you want it to take over, otherwise, dark faces may still occur. & also try not to use any esm plugins, if possible. SOGS esm was actually the culprit for the error I got when I tried to use NPC 85 & SOGS together before. Just only use SOGS esp & it'll be fine.

The beauty of this technique is that you can adjust whichever mod you want to take effect anytime, by just adjusting priorities & LOOT sorting. Saves anyone the trouble of editing stuff out.

Thanks guk!

Found this thread over reddit, nice find lol

EDIT: I got everything to work by having SBF as base, then the NPC 85 followed by the Forsworn, Bandits, Companion and Housecarls before adding the rest of the mix which is Elisif Makeover, MBWS Serana, Frea and Rayya.

Question is, I'm having purple hair problem. How can I point the NPC 85 to use the SGHailPackAllinOne.esp? Is there a way via TES5edit or should I look for the original split esps?

Solved by downloading another SG Hair Pack, seems like my previous one was incomplete.

Ok, I'm not having any issues with the npcs but I just have to say that every time I use Loot it screws my game up so bad it either won't load or CTD soon after loading. Am I the only one? I've never had load order issues because I started modding my game slowly, learned which mods needed to be where in the load order and cultivated my list of mods over time and remembered them. Just for kicks I very recently thought "hey whats all the loot fuss about?" and gave it a shot, big mistake for me. My game has over 200 active mods now, super stable, everything works great.

@dtd, I gotta agree somewhat to what you're trying to say about LOOT as I don't always adhere to what it does. Using the load after function is actually the way to go if you're familiar with proper load order. It basically functions as the manual override to set your own load order preferrences. Kind of a tedious process but once you have it set & get the hang of it, it'll be good. I have over 250 active plug-ins, although most are merged into a single esp & now narrowed it down to 60. It still works good.

LOOT can actually not be used at all as long as priorities & load order are sorted out properly. A mod manager is a must though.. I can't imagine running too many mods without it.

@zydar That's great! Mind sharing that reddit link? & as a tip if you're gonna use jh dragonborn, ks hairs is also needed.

Edit: Found a couple more NPC replacers:

Venetia Serana - Pretty good face design. Has added scripts for revised combat. Seen her casting a bat swarm spell in my test.

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66688/?

Tiny Children (Girls Only) - Similar to the Tiny Serana Mod. Had missing textures in at least one girl from the riften orphanage though. Prolly best to get it on the next update.

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/66690/?

Ok, I'm not having any issues with the npcs but I just have to say that every time I use Loot it screws my game up so bad it either won't load or CTD soon after loading. Am I the only one? I've never had load order issues because I started modding my game slowly, learned which mods needed to be where in the load order and cultivated my list of mods over time and remembered them. Just for kicks I very recently thought "hey whats all the loot fuss about?" and gave it a shot, big mistake for me. My game has over 200 active mods now, super stable, everything works great.

loot put plugins under their masters, it's don't fix your mess

4Rgk8cY.jpg

project optimisation and spike inject things into update esm

that mean if someone make a mod with one of their edit, that mod won't have them as master, it will have update as master

the ones that have the real master, no problem, the others...

if you have 2 mods that inject the same id, and there's a conflict, a cell form overwrite by a weapon form, that don't work

and you can create those conflicts with merging (when i add things to requiem esp, that is a master of dibella sisters, i can create ctd if i don't check the zaz form that got renumber to 13xxxxxx for some reason)

Unfortunately it seems that it has been taken down lol, can't find that thread anywhere now.

That said, I did have a grey face problem with Camilla in Riverwood. I had the NPC 85 data set higher than Bijin Wives but its esp the other way around. After correcting it I still have the same problem. Turns out if I didn't include the Bijin Wives in my bashed and skyrpoc patches then NPC 85 would take priority.

After that, I was thinking maybe I should see all the NPC changed by the mod, so I removed Bijin Wives entirely. Might keep Ysolda Bijin Wives around tho. Is there any Bijin Wives not affected by the mod btw? Also ran out of esp slot to try the Thalmor one.

@zydar Ok, np. I'm not using wrye bash merge patches in my setup. I only use the merge scripts mod, so I cannot suggest for certain how to fix your problem. I also intentionally leave out & not merge any npc replacers, leaving them single, so I can easily flip their order anytime if I feel like using one over the other. All npc relacer mods, even Bijins worked fine. No grey faces at all, as long as priorities & load order (with load after feature) are set properly.

I tried more replacers now, not seen on my video feature. Men of Skyrim, BTRH Waifu & some individual replacers like prettier ysolda, more beautiful lydia & venetia serana - all worked fine. I even made a test of deleting/uninstalling some (replacers with no scripts & no custom bodies) mid-game & replace them with the others soon after - still worked fine, still no grey faces. Maybe you should not merge them if you want it to work properly.

Hmm, is it me or the Civil War Replacer is named similar to the Populated Skyrim Civil War? Is that part of the requirement? I do have it in my load order, but the patrols only edition. Does it also change the armor? I do prefer it not to tho.

For now I'll try it and see what I got.

@zydar, I don't use pop civil war mod but I think siderarmf93's replacer for that will not replace it's armors. Just check the name of that civil war mod's esp, to be sure. Has to be similar to the mod it's suppose to replace.

Edit: Managed to replace SOGS female NPCs with CBBE body & SG Textures. Also removed the tattoos. Also replaced male NPCs bodies with SOS.

NSFW
http://imgur.com/a/wnOkk

Edit 2: with Fair Skin Textures (Frea & Fura)

http://i.imgur.com/LfGqE2p.png