Aroused Vs Redux.

NiaticLabs

Just wondering what the diffrences are. I know redux is supposbly easier on the papyrus but is that pretty much where it ends ?
Why is this ? Can i get a explination... im just wondering if i should start using refux over aroused.

I don't have any issues in the game as of now with 250mods, ENB and what not. But would i see an improvement or should i just stick to aroused ?

Thanks !

Just wondering what the diffrences are. I know redux is supposbly easier on the papyrus but is that pretty much where it ends ?

Why is this ? Can i get a explination... im just wondering if i should start using refux over aroused.

I don't have any issues in the game as of now with 250mods, ENB and what not. But would i see an improvement or should i just stick to aroused ?

Thanks !

How about asking your question in the correct forum thread?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/37652-sexlab-aroused-redux/

I would have posted it in redux, but im also talking about aroused as well and looking for personal experences on both mods with said topic as the subject.

I figured it would get seen by more people on this board then if i posted it directly in the aroused or redux thread.

If you read what redux does, it modifies the original aroused mod so that it isn't running the cloak every few seconds and bogging down the papyrus.

Quoted directly from http://www.loverslab.com/topic/37652-sexlab-aroused-redux/

This is a replacement for Sexlab Aroused. The intent is to minimize the papyrus impact of Aroused. It is a direct replacement for Aroused and any mod that depends on it should continue to work as before.

How it works
The original version uses a cloak spell to set arousal levels as the player passes through the world. It attaches a script to each and every NPC it encounters. I have seen up to 18 of these scripts in a save game and expect that many more may be running at any time in the game.

Redux changes that by having Dialog/ReferenceAlias based scan that gets all NPCs withing 1024 units (about 50 feet). It also gets all naked NPCs in the same radius and applies the original arousal logic to them. This scan happens currently once each 120 seconds (2 minutes). The scan is fast, typically less than 2 seconds and all but .5 seconds of that is spent outside the papyrus engine, so it should dramatically reduce the papyrus impact.

My experience has been that Redux contributes greatly to the stability of my game. With Aroused I would get CTD within a couple hours or so. With Redux I'm playing for 4+ hours with no problems. For me at least the effect was that dramatic. fwiw.

Edit: Forgot to mention that if you're not having problems in your game then fishburger67 himself suggests that there's no need to switch to Redux.

Redux is a direct replacement for the original. I've been using it for quite a while now... I have noticed a difference in stability (redux is more stable), but for me it's pretty subtle (my computer is about as far from a potato as it's possible to get, so it tends to handle massive script load fairly well). You might notice a more dramatic stability increase on older rigs.

What I can guarantee is that it isn't any worse than the original. :)

EDIT: I should probably have read all the other posts before putting in my own two cents. So... yeah, what they said. :)

There are two other items of note:

1) It makes things slightly easier for a modder, with potentially more to come.

2) It's still being developed.  Always better for the peace of mind if you're using a mod that still gets updated.  Plus you have room for hoping for this or that change.  For example, the function which controls exposure to nakedness arbitrarily gives a half-dose for seeing a non-preferred gender, and I think that should be definable (as zero or less).

Archived