Exclamation point and roads appear randomly

Arcturus7777

Ok, I am getting exclamation points on people and the ground looks black or like grafitii.  this happens most often in new areas I travel to with fact travel.  I can save and reload and it is gone and everything is fine.  It will happen also after a long time playing.  Reloading gets rid of the problem.

exclamations mean missing meshes which means they either aren't installed or you have too many meshes installed and they are overwriting vanilla meshes.

Could the number of mods cause this problem, I am at 138.  Some of the problem are with clothing and armor mods that I have added, but until recently they were working fine.  By this I mean the NPC is wearing the new armor not vanilla.  the most recent is lings, which i need for another mod, but I forgot which one LOL.

Could be but there seem to separate limits for textures and meshes too, though no one knows what they are for what PC

Ok, I removed or deactivated 3 mods that had folders in the /data/meshes folder.  I got rid of the ones I was no longer using.  I have played since your last post with no problems.  I will let you know if this changes.  I counted the the number of folders, the main one are 57, but just the armor folder added 113 more.  I could count them exactly if this is valuable in any way.

BTW the mods I removed were in the game before I added more mods that caused the problems, so they were not the problem.  Sounds like your mesh or texture limit was more likely the problem.

Archived