Elder Scrolls Online (ESO) nude mod

Has anyone looked into the feasibility of making a nude mod or sexier armor for ESO? With all the changes they have done in the last 8+ months this MMO is starting to look very promising...except the puritan approach they take with female armor! (I swear I think every designer for ESO had his/her mom standing over their shoulders the ENTIRE time they was making the armor)

Background info is  this is a MMO based on the Oblivion lore. It's a P2P game, the graphics are amazing and can be even further improved by injecting SweetFX. The only detractor I've seen so far is the female armor's. Covered from chin to toes isn't far off in this world /sigh.

Oh ya, sorry if this isn't in the right forum, I didn't see really anywhere else I could post this and was wondering if I was the only LL member playing this and disappointed in the armor's in this otherwise great game.

There won't be nude mods for an MMO. 

Really? Have you actually bothered to read this very forum before spewing nonsense like that? (And no, it being a TOS violation does not stop people from trying, just like it voiding warranties does not stop people from jailbreaking iPhones.)

I've seen a (somewhat complicated) uMod/texmod approach for ESO over at GVZ a while back, but have no idea what the current status of that is. Might be worth a try checking.

Has anyone looked into the feasibility of making a nude mod or sexier armor for ESO? With all the changes they have done in the last 8+ months this MMO is starting to look very promising...except the puritan approach they take with female armor! (I swear I think every designer for ESO had his/her mom standing over their shoulders the ENTIRE time they was making the armor)

Background info is  this is a MMO based on the Oblivion lore. It's a P2P game, the graphics are amazing and can be even further improved by injecting SweetFX. The only detractor I've seen so far is the female armor's. Covered from chin to toes isn't far off in this world /sigh.

Oh ya, sorry if this isn't in the right forum, I didn't see really anywhere else I could post this and was wondering if I was the only LL member playing this and disappointed in the armor's in this otherwise great game.

Probably not.. unfortunately games that are modded tend to be offline, local file hosted games which can be manipulated, skewed, added in to and replaced.

ESO has models, textures, sounds, animations all hosted locally on your system which is why it's like 65GB download and not that much in way of bandwidth to play when logged in. But the interactions, the changes and everything live is all actively pinging back and forth from a server including the people you see and what they wear and your account lives on their servers. You don't have free access to what you can wear, (or can't) or anything like that as all you have in your hard drive is .DAT files. which some are around 2GB, others 300mb but there's plenty of them! 

Anyway this game is too tightly tied to being online. To create an ''Add-On'' you have to use their official API which is just Interface modifications nothing else.

Sorry dude, besides although the faces are more handsome in ESO than Skyrim, the bodies are much more 3D in Skyrim :) 

There won't be nude mods for an MMO. Replacing armors is probably a violation of the ToS.

The only drawback I saw in beta testing g was a dude hitting on my male character. Not cool.

Not related to ESO, but MMO actually do have nude mods, I play Tera and I do have nude mod on. It's on client side so other people wont see it except for you. You might get banned if you post a picture of your character with it. But if you just have it on for something to stare at while waiting for queue it should be alright.

• 2 months later...

This game is now B2P (Buy to play, which means you buy it and play with no monthly fee!)!

Now that this game is B2P is there anyone who would be willing to make a nude patch and/or Armor mod for one of the greatest MMO's made? This game has so much going for it, however the prudish armor design for female only character's has got to be the worse. There is so much potential in the armor's yet the art designers seem to be scared of the female body. Can anyone create something for this great game?

I think the issue isn't that no one wants to its that the file security system doesn't really allow for it.

A lot of MMO's that allow for nude patching and what not have a client side override system that allows for certain files to override or replace game base files that are already present.

If you take World of Warcraft for example, it allows mpq package files with a version > than the last native package file from the install to validly replace models and textures with the same asset path without any arguments. 

Games like CoH, Tera, Blade and Soul and Star Trek Online all have built in override systems that allow you to insert client side file overrides which then allow you to present whatever you  like, whether its nudity or armor modifications.

ESO's file system has a launcher based file check, and no override folder. 

Some games don't have nude patches simply because the file structure doesn't allow for it.

There used to be a early version of a semi nude mod for ESO using umod however something happened and the old umod doesn't work anymore. I read up on it on game vixen zone though I didn't understand it. So it used to be possible at least.

ESO has a folder called Addons in which you CAN put mods in to change the game on the client side. There are Several mods for ESO currently available that use this method and I would be willing to bet that VERY soon you'll see Nude mods / patches that utilize the addon's capability of ESO. These are ONLY applied client side and so far most of the ones I've seen have dealt with chat spam, and calculating the best use of achievement points as well as crafting calculators, but mark my words there will soon appear nude patches that address only the female / male body textures. I also know that AlienSlof, an Excellent modder offered to do a horse texture replacer on the official ESO site but recieved no Official response to the offer.

ESO has a folder called Addons in which you CAN put mods in to change the game on the client side. There are Several mods for ESO currently available that use this method and I would be willing to bet that VERY soon you'll see Nude mods / patches that utilize the addon's capability of ESO. These are ONLY applied client side and so far most of the ones I've seen have dealt with chat spam, and calculating the best use of achievement points as well as crafting calculators, but mark my words there will soon appear nude patches that address only the female / male body textures. I also know that AlienSlof, an Excellent modder offered to do a horse texture replacer on the official ESO site but recieved no Official response to the offer.

The addons folder is a folder that is specifically designed to allow UI mods, its no different than many MMO's before it in that regard. World of Warcraft had an Addons folder after all and UI mods are generally considered to be acceptable MMO modding. Its where things like Raidframes and DPS reporters came from.

Far as I know from the file structure, that folder doesn't allow for override of client side assets, it simply allows you to add UI functionality.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Probably not.. unfortunately games that are modded tend to be offline, local file hosted games which can be manipulated, skewed, added in to and replaced.

ESO has models, textures, sounds, animations all hosted locally on your system which is why it's like 65GB download and not that much in way of bandwidth to play when logged in. But the interactions, the changes and everything live is all actively pinging back and forth from a server including the people you see and what they wear and your account lives on their servers. You don't have free access to what you can wear, (or can't) or anything like that as all you have in your hard drive is .DAT files. which some are around 2GB, others 300mb but there's plenty of them! 

Anyway this game is too tightly tied to being online. To create an ''Add-On'' you have to use their official API which is just Interface modifications nothing else.

Sorry dude, besides although the faces are more handsome in ESO than Skyrim, the bodies are much more 3D in Skyrim :)

Apparently no one has heard of FFXI. It had nude mods and nude armors and so forth. It was just a complicated process and guess what even if the moderator or admins caught you using them, you still got to use your account. Because the mods don't affect other peoples' accounts just yours, therefore they were not a violation of the ToS and could not result in you being banned. However each company has different ToS's. That being said; given the fact that ESO has a "add-on" menu and the fact that the ToS says you can not alter the files of accounts other than your own, I would have to say that it is not a ToS issue.

• 6 months later...

WoW has had nude/armor mods for years, also.  Client side only, of course.  Talking about it in game or on their forums will typically result in a lifetime account ban, though, since that sort of mod is against Terms of Use, so fairly risky.  Theoretically their anti cheat shield program should be able to see it but either it doesn't or they allow it within reason.

• 4 weeks later...

WoW has had nude/armor mods for years, also.  Client side only, of course.  Talking about it in game or on their forums will typically result in a lifetime account ban, though, since that sort of mod is against Terms of Use, so fairly risky.  Theoretically their anti cheat shield program should be able to see it but either it doesn't or they allow it within reason.

Blizz isn't likely to ban people over something as petty as naked character gals with huge tits. They encourage multiboxing, despite that technically going against their terms in that it gives a player an unfair advantage over others, or in battlegrounds actually gives the other side an unfair advantage as a multiboxer can take up to five character slots in a match, which is disastrous in Alterac Valley - I remember playing AV and the other side had three multiboxers; they lost horribly because fifteen character slots in the match were taken by three people, allowing my side to obliterate them as fifteen of their characters weren't getting around the map fast enough, and while a boxer can wipe the floor against one enemy player using five characters simultaneously, they couldn't stand up to other groups of individual characters.

Clearly they just want subscription numbers, so banning people isn't something they want to get too trigger happy about. That and given a bulk of their subscription base is also gold farmers, scammer/spammers, etc., they have their hands full banning those accounts, if they even do that. WoW has a history of nude mods because it's actually an "offense" which is barely punished. I remember using them and discussing them with others in the game, never got banned.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys and gals, I think nude mods are feasible for this game.  The addons function is built into the game and tweakable via in game menus by default.  There are even addons that do far more than change UI, like cheat addons and such.  One such addon works around the cost of using waypoint shrines to teleport in game, making it free to teleport, thus changing a main gameplay element.  In the past, even file updates from Bethesda themselves have accidentally toggled the underclothing to be off for players and npcs (which shows that this is a seperately renderable clothing layer on the models).

If you're not wanting to do the work to make it happen, that's one thing.  But I've seen many MMOs have nude mods, even without an override folder.  Just gotta want it bad enough :3

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2016 at 10:46 PM, Licki said:

Guys and gals, I think nude mods are feasible for this game.  The addons function is built into the game and tweakable via in game menus by default.  There are even addons that do far more than change UI, like cheat addons and such.  One such addon works around the cost of using waypoint shrines to teleport in game, making it free to teleport, thus changing a main gameplay element.  In the past, even file updates from Bethesda themselves have accidentally toggled the underclothing to be off for players and npcs (which shows that this is a seperately renderable clothing layer on the models).

If you're not wanting to do the work to make it happen, that's one thing.  But I've seen many MMOs have nude mods, even without an override folder.  Just gotta want it bad enough :3

for anyone who seriously wants to do this, here's a mod that'll lay the groundwork for you to work off of and/or a howto on getting rid of clothing and adding nipples : https://www.undertow.club/threads/eso-texture-mod-tools-skins.2996/

with this, you should be able to jump right into making the nude bodies themselves scene it only removes clothing. 

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/6/2016 at 4:40 AM, Mallory said:

Blizz isn't likely to ban people over something as petty as naked character gals with huge tits. They encourage multiboxing, despite that technically going against their terms in that it gives a player an unfair advantage over others, or in battlegrounds actually gives the other side an unfair advantage as a multiboxer can take up to five character slots in a match, which is disastrous in Alterac Valley - I remember playing AV and the other side had three multiboxers; they lost horribly because fifteen character slots in the match were taken by three people, allowing my side to obliterate them as fifteen of their characters weren't getting around the map fast enough, and while a boxer can wipe the floor against one enemy player using five characters simultaneously, they couldn't stand up to other groups of individual characters.

Clearly they just want subscription numbers, so banning people isn't something they want to get too trigger happy about. That and given a bulk of their subscription base is also gold farmers, scammer/spammers, etc., they have their hands full banning those accounts, if they even do that. WoW has a history of nude mods because it's actually an "offense" which is barely punished. I remember using them and discussing them with others in the game, never got banned.

necro as fuuuuuuuck but blizz actually did a MASSIVE ban wave in 2019 because some dumb fuck leaked a entire nude mod site directly in the wow forums asking blizz to allow the mods to be official.

8 hours ago, Derpydong said:

necro as fuuuuuuuck but blizz actually did a MASSIVE ban wave in 2019 because some dumb fuck leaked a entire nude mod site directly in the wow forums asking blizz to allow the mods to be official.

They reverted those bans 24 hours later.