Any of you experienced with leveled creatures?

Plenty more headdesk to come, but it's getting closer to the time when i'll switch the avatar to bruce banner.. ;)

It's no wonder there's only one NVSE plugin out there. The documentation is terrible. If you think the sexoutNG documentation is bad, don't even bother trying to get this thing figured out.. ;)

Few people will bother saying it' date=' but I think it's safe to say we all seriously appreciate the amount of time and effort you're putting into this.

[/quote']

I might not say I appreciate the work often, but I try and show it by implementing new framework features from every author as soon as they're released.

I know you all love me, you don't need to say it.. :)

Created new thread for feature requests for the plugin.

astymma, as long as you can answer the occasional PM, everything will be fone. Once this is all sorted I'll get it into sourceforge so others can contribute. VS2010 project, though I don't know if it'll compile with express or not, I think it should. I do mostly perl and php these days, delphi too, but I haven't touched c/c++ outside of little fixes for FOSS stuff in years. It's coming back to me slowly.

If it comes back too slowly, I'll convert the .h files to .pas and write the dll in Delphi. ;)

I know you all love me' date=' you don't need to say it.. :)

Created new thread for feature requests for the plugin.

astymma, as long as you can answer the occasional PM, everything will be fone. Once this is all sorted I'll get it into sourceforge so others can contribute. VS2010 project, though I don't know if it'll compile with express or not, I think it should. I do mostly perl and php these days, delphi too, but I haven't touched c/c++ outside of little fixes for FOSS stuff in years. It's coming back to me slowly.

If it comes back too slowly, I'll convert the .h files to .pas and write the dll in Delphi. ;)

Heh, if you convert it to pascal my new avatar will be so angry the Hulk will pale in comparison :P Heh, but seriously, yeah feel free to toss me any c/c++ questions you might have. I might not have enough time to give you a hand but I can surely answer questions.

Going beyond hulk puts you into "ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" guy territory, and when you go there.. well.. the game. ;)

For realz, don't you shit on object pascal. It can be pretty pedantic at times, but overall it's a much cleaner language without all kinds of weird historical cruft that makes you, you know, HULK SMASH things. Also, Borland (er.. Inprise.. er.. Embarcadero.. er.. CodeGear) builds an IDE that just beats the shit out of anything MS has produced.

WordStar keyboard shortcuts FTMFW, still rockin 'em in 2012! Ctrl-K-I / Ctrl-K-U MFER! :D

I do need to get my C back on track though. Been doing a lot of embedded stuff in what's left of my spare time, and I've been putting off writing the stuff in C while I can get away with doing it in StickOS (BASIC-in-rom for embedded MCs) but I'm reaching the limits of what I can do there, timing wise.

Going beyond hulk puts you into "ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" guy territory' date=' and when you go there.. well.. the game. ;)

For realz, don't you shit on object pascal. It can be pretty pedantic at times, but overall it's a much cleaner language without all kinds of weird historical cruft that makes you, you know, HULK SMASH things. Also, Borland (er.. Inprise.. er.. Embarcadero.. er.. CodeGear) builds an IDE that just beats the shit out of anything MS has produced.

WordStar keyboard shortcuts FTMFW, still rockin 'em in 2012! Ctrl-K-I / Ctrl-K-U MFER! :D

I do need to get my C back on track though. Been doing a lot of embedded stuff in what's left of my spare time, and I've been putting off writing the stuff in C while I can get away with doing it in StickOS (BASIC-in-rom for embedded MCs) but I'm reaching the limits of what I can do there, timing wise.

[/quote']

I didn't say I couldn't program in pascal... but I'd damn sure prefer not to hehe. Pedantic doesn't describe pascal enough...

Perhaps it's.. overly verbose. I could live with some of the constructs being replaced, like "begin/end" with the squiggle brackets and things like that, but overall I actually like it a lot.

When I was in HS I was learning C on my own, and I had a friend who knew turbo pascal (5.5 I think. I can't remember the DOS C compiler I was using) fairly well, so we taught each other. We both ended up switching sides before venturing out into the professional world ;)

Despite the oddities, I'd rather code in that language than just about any other, and like most of us old farts, I've used them all.. almost.

Perhaps it's.. overly verbose. I could live with some of the constructs being replaced' date=' like "begin/end" with the squiggle brackets and things like that, but overall I actually like it a lot.

When I was in HS I was learning C on my own, and I had a friend who knew turbo pascal (5.5 I think. I can't remember the DOS C compiler I was using) fairly well, so we taught each other. We both ended up switching sides before venturing out into the professional world ;)

Despite the oddities, I'd rather code in that language than just about any other, and like most of us old farts, I've used them all.. almost.

[/quote']

Heh yeah I started on card reader systems and got my first job programming for the USAF at 16 years old with RPG. Then COBOL and on and on and on. Given up caring what language something is in, all I care about now is the availability of tools, support, and documentation.

Prideslayer' date=' don't forget to request a plugin index from NVSE team before releasing anything.

[/quote']

I have, no response yet, nor to the last two emails I sent them over the past several weeks. They did answer one fairly quickly about two months ago, but nothing since, not even my followup question.

If they don't respond I'll just pick an offset somewhere towards the end of the range and hope for the best, when I have enough features to justify a release.

Prideslayer' date=' don't forget to request a plugin index from NVSE team before releasing anything.

[/quote']

I have, no response yet, nor to the last two emails I sent them over the past several weeks. They did answer one fairly quickly about two months ago, but nothing since, not even my followup question.

If they don't respond I'll just pick an offset somewhere towards the end of the range and hope for the best, when I have enough features to justify a release.

Same lack of result recently (since end of December).

Might try a PM on beth forum. At least two of them are active in the Skyrim SE thread.

Thanks for the tip. If I don't hear an answer to my email by wednesday or thursday, I'll head over there and fire off a PM.

If I end up having to just pick one and release, I'm not too concerned to be honest. I only know of one plugin for NVSE -- the powerup one. I can contact the author of that and ask him what his range is to make sure I don't overlap. There aren't ay other NVSE plugins that I've seen or heard of.

Thanks for the tip. If I don't hear an answer to my email by wednesday or thursday' date=' I'll head over there and fire off a PM.

If I end up having to just pick one and release, I'm not too concerned to be honest. I only know of one plugin for NVSE -- the powerup one. I can contact the author of that and ask him what his range is to make sure I don't overlap. There aren't ay other NVSE plugins that I've seen or heard of.

[/quote']

PowerUp does not use a plugin index as it does not add functions.

ProjectNevada is supposed to contain a plugin if I am not mistaken, so was the ancester to all the weapons functions contributed to beta12.

Got it. Does not export any commands' date=' may not have a range assigned.

[/quote']

Yeah it's pretty much vital that the process of obtaining a registered offset be followed. When NVSE hooks the exe it has to know to the exact byte count what the injections to the command table will be. Otherwise it will corrupt the exe's memory space.

Actually the only risk I'm running without an official opcode range is a conflict with another plugin. Already tested this and there's no real "risk" there. Right now due to naming my plugin comes 'first', so similar to esm/esp load order stuff, if another one is loaded after mine, its commands will just overwrite the ones in my dll.

Tested this by setting it to one lower than PNs opcode base (which made about 4 conflicts) and in the final export list only one of the NX functions is there, followed by the PN functions.

There are protections in NVSE against the opcode start being out of range, found that out quickly at the start, it's already protecting itself against any kind of self-induced stack smashing.

Actually the only risk I'm running without an official opcode range is a conflict with another plugin. Already tested this and there's no real "risk" there. Right now due to naming my plugin comes 'first'' date=' so similar to esm/esp load order stuff, if another one is loaded after mine, its commands will just overwrite the ones in my dll.

Tested this by setting it to one lower than PNs opcode base (which made about 4 conflicts) and in the final export list only one of the NX functions is there, followed by the PN functions.

There are protections in NVSE against the opcode start being out of range, found that out quickly at the start, it's already protecting itself against any kind of self-induced stack smashing.

[/quote']

Oh awesome... those guys aren't amateurs at least. Er, not that I thought they were, but it's nice to have some proof lol.

PN does come with a plugin' date=' base is 2125, dunno how large a range they were given, but they only export 9 functions. One of them is one I intend to add as well.. a fixed ListClear. ;)

[/quote']

00 to 1F for me

How did you come up with those values?

From my own log:

SetOpcodeBase 00002125
RegisterCommand PN_GetProjectileExplosion (2125)
RegisterCommand PN_GetExplosionDamage (2126)
RegisterCommand PN_GetExplosionForce (2127)
RegisterCommand PN_SetExplosionDamage (2128)
RegisterCommand PN_SetExplosionForce (2129)
RegisterCommand PN_ListClear (212A)
RegisterCommand PN_GetActorBaseFlagsLow (212B)
RegisterCommand PN_SetConditionDamagePenalty (212C)
RegisterCommand PN_GetConditionDamagePenalty (212D)
plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\NVSE\Plugins\\pn_nvse.dll (00000001 pn_nvse 00000002) loaded correctly
max id = 0000212E

My own testing with my DLL says that there's no way via the logs alone to determine how much range has been allocated, and in fact when you register your DLL, you only provide the starting point -- no count of functions is given.

Dlls loading into overlapping areas will just blindly overwrite one another, the same way that conflicting assets are handled in ESMs/ESPs.