How to reduce CTD's

darthkhan

Hello all, this isn't a major pressing issue, but I figured this was the rightplace to put it. I've gathered somewhat of a large collection of mods I don't really want to delete, about 70 all said and done, and I'm having issues with when I first fire up skyrim and load a save, I CTD. New save, old save, doesn't matter. Can anyone tell me how to reduce these CTD's without thinning out my mods? Thanks in advance :)

Not without a load order we can't as we have no clue what you have installed into your game other then to ask if you have done the basics. Like have you run LOOT? Have you run TES5EDIT? Have you cleaned your dirty DLC's and mods with TES5EDIT? If you have a lot of high script using mods those can cause problems if you get too many of them into 1 game.

Not without a load order we can't as we have no clue what you have installed into your game other then to ask if you have done the basics. Like have you run LOOT? Have you run TES5EDIT? Have you cleaned your dirty DLC's and mods with TES5EDIT? If you have a lot of high script using mods those can cause problems if you get too many of them into 1 game.

I've run loot, I clicked apply but nothing changed about my load order, and never heard of TES5EDIT, what is it and how do I use it?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?This is TES5EDIT. There are many tutorials on youtube by gopher that can show you how to clean your dirty DLC's. TES5EDIT will also tell you if you have something wrong in your load order just unzip it and run the .exe that is in it. It will try to load everything that you have installed into it if it hits a error in your load order it will stop and tell you why in the bottom right hand area read it fix it close TES5EDIT and repeat starting it till it is able to load completely up without hitting any errors.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25859/?This is TES5EDIT. There are many tutorials on youtube by gopher that can show you how to clean your dirty DLC's. TES5EDIT will also tell you if you have something wrong in your load order just unzip it and run the .exe that is in it. It will try to load everything that you have installed into it if it hits a error in your load order it will stop and tell you why in the bottom right hand area read it fix it close TES5EDIT and repeat starting it till it is able to load completely up without hitting any errors.

Thanks for the help with TES5EDIT, turns out aroused was causing problems. Loaded into game without crashing for the first time in a week :D Btw how common are CTD's for you guys? What's an acceptable number, or is there an acceptable number?

Your welcome. If you haven't cleaned your DLC's with TES5EDIT as the DLC's have many dirty edits in them and those dirty edits can and will cause problems in your game.

Depends on what you have installed into your game one play through with this set of mods can act different from another set of mods during a different play through. Mods that are high script using can cause CTD's if you get too many of them into one game. Mods and DLC's that have dirty edits can cause problems in a game. Too many high graphic things and ENB's might cause problems. But some things like ENB's and graphic things will play alright depending in your computer. Never uninstall mods that use scripts *ever*unless you plan on starting a new game as those mods even when turned off can still have some of their scripts running in your old save and the only way to remove them is to start a new game or try to clean the save with a save cleaner or go back to a older save that was there from before the mod was installed.

When I have a lot of scripted mods on a play through it happens most of the time. What helps most for me is to save your game in a small

room, in 1st person, while looking at the floor. Most of us open the console command (~) at the load screen and use "coc ctest" or "coc qasmoke" and load our game saves from there.

Archived